• Follow The Voice David Archuleta on

March 2018
    « Feb

tawna21 on YOU ARE A WHOLE NEW FEELING~Da…

• Click on picture to buy “Postcards In The Sky” on itunes

• Click the picture to buy “Leo EP” on iTunes

• Click the picture to buy “No Matter How Far” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy ” BEGIN.” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy “The Other Side of Down” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy “Chords of Strength” at

• Click the picture to buy “David Archuleta Deluxe Version” at

• Click the picture to buy “Christmas From The Heart” By David Archuleta at

• Advertisements

Posted by bebereader on Friday, March 9, 2018

picture credit Shelley

As soon as he walked out onstage at Daryl’s House in Pawling last Saturday night, I knew he wasn’t the same David Archuleta that I left at Westbury seven years earlier. After not seeing him for a long stretch of time, the change in his stage presence was remarkable; I could not take my eyes off of him. The Livestream doesn’t do him justice.

Experience shows; he’s now like a well-oiled machine. His confidence level has risen and there’s now a subtle sophistication about him. Unlike other singers, David doesn’t just sing; he performs each song, with it’s own set of dance moves, particular to that song. And yet at the same time; he’s humble. An interesting combination of traits in one person; confidence, experience, sophistication and humility; a humility that only comes from within. Male or female, the audience loves him and gave him a standing ovation several times during the evening.

The small, sold-out venue gave way to an intimate performance, allowing David to lock eyes with audience members, as he delivered the messages of each song. At one point, he sang the last verse of “Crush”to a young girl in the front row, corner. When he walked away I glanced at her. She was overwhelmed, almost in tears. There was a bunch of older fans in the audience, too. We caught every change up in melody or lyric and every dance move and we responded with applause.

David’s talent is so diverse that he’s able to have a setlist comprised of different genres including ballads, rock, jazz, spiritual, Latin, pop and even songs from movie soundtracks. The medley of tunes he sang from “The Great Showman” movie was awesome!

video credit David Archuleta UK/Daryl’s House Club

My other new favorites are “Nunca Pense” – his Latin dance moves are killer and I love how his band provided boy-band type dancing backup…

video credit David Archuleta UK/Daryl’s House Club

I also loved the new finger-snapping in one of my early favorites “Invincible”.

video credit David Archuleta UK/Daryl’s House Club

“Thunder” was a powerful performance, too! And seeing him sing “Spotlight Down” before my eyes was a treasure. So many favorites!

It was a perk getting to see Marlie from The David Chronicles and SnowAngelz, Deb and Refnaf again! DJbell is such a hoot online and in person. For the fans, it was like no time had passed. ❤

I have no idea if David is interested in having a role on Broadway but from my perspective,  he looks ready. I can visualize him onstage in the play, “Dear Evan Hansen”. Anyone else?

Some things never change, especially the euphoric feeling you get when one of David’s shows is over. As I left the venue, that familiar feeling washed over me, reminding me that David Archuleta is truly one of the blessings in my life.

29 Responses to “YOU ARE A WHOLE NEW FEELING~David Archuleta”

1. TOfan said

It was so great to see you, Bebe! It was like a mini-ND reunion there that night! Love reading your impressions of the show, especially since you hadn’t seen David live in 7 years… agreed with every word! ❤️

Liked by 1 person

Bebe! Oh I’ve been so excited for you! Everything you said is sooooo true. David continues to get better and every time I see him I keep wondering how does he improve on already being incredibly awesome?!!! I can’t wait to see him in April.

And the reunion of long time fan friends is so much fun! This David Archuleta fandom is the best!

Liked by 1 person

Yes, David has come a long way in the last 10 yrs. So happy that he stayed in music and I look forward to all things David in the future. When I seen him in KC in November, 3 of my granddaughters went to see him too and they said that he sure has changed from AI days! They thought he was great!

Thanks for the fine post, Bebe.

Bebe… Thank you for your recap! How seriously exciting to be in one of these small venues. How I wish David could play some venues of that size here in Utah. *sigh*

I just keep wondering how high can that bar go?! David just seems to keep raising it higher with every breath he breathes. He’s definitely one in a bajillion!!!

Liked by 1 person

Not much out there for tonight but sounds like it was good, of course 🙂

Desmond has triplet sisters! They were at tonights show.

8. marlie7 said

Bebe – it was so good to see you and get a few moments to chat before David performed. And afterwards, when we were a little bit breathless! David is all you said…and he’s in charge of his life. That thrills me like nothing else (well, except perhaps the high notes!) 🙂 I always love meeting up with Deb, Nancy, Amy, DJbell and meeting new friends like Astrid. David’s fans make every concert even more enjoyable.

Oh, and that young man can sing!

Liked by 1 person

I saved something David yesterday from FB but can’t remember what it was…:)

Gosh it’s big! 🙂 Sorry.

Thanks for the recap sis! How fortunate we are to have a whole concert video of this magical night in Pawling. Not sure I could survive “Someone To Love” up close. 🙂 My favorite part of the show is when it starts to “Thunder!”

Today’s puzzle is an edit by #lovelyarchies

Liked by 2 people

Gorgeous puzzle Abrra!!!!!

David did an interview for Atlanta area.

‘American Idol’: David Archuleta interview (City Winery, 3/12)
    Rodney Ho

“For many “American Idol” fans, David Archuleta is frozen in time: a sweet 16-year-old kid who nearly won season 7 of the show. He had a rabid fan base and generated one major radio hit “Crush,” which fit what many of his followers felt toward him.

That was a whopping decade ago. He is now 27 and all grown up – but still looks like a teen-ager.

“I was just last week on a plane,” he said in a recent interview to promote his City Winery appearance March 12. (Buy tickets here.) “I was in the exit row. The flight attendant asked how old I was. ‘I’m 27.’ ‘I just wanted to make sure.’ ”

“It seems like I’m eternally 15 years old,” he added, without a trace of resentment about it. “But I now have to be more careful what I eat and I have to exercise. It’s so easy to get a muffin top. I’m in the gym right now!”

He’s had back issues since he was 19 and now has a personal trainer to help him exercise properly. “I’m feeling great!” he said.

Archuleta was about to perform in Hartford, Conn. when I spoke with him, the first time he said he’s toured in the Northeast in seven years. He said his remaining fan base is super nice, the stalkers long moved on. The venues have noted how sweet the audiences have been, he said.’

Article here:

Liked by 2 people

Awesome interview! Thanks, Abrra, for getting it here. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Thanks Abs for everything you do here. You are awesome!

Great puzzle! Didn’t get on the comp yesterday so got er done today! 🙂 Love everyone of them. Makes me take some time to relax.

Love the interview too. Poor David having to watch his diet already. I know part of it is because of his throat and vocal chords for singing. At his age I could eat anything and not gain an ounce. But I sure have to watch it now, not because of the weight problem, necessarily, but because I am borderline everything so have to watch sugar, cholesterol and fat! Also, I was like David on looking young and it is a good thing when you get old! 🙂 Not bragging, just being thankful. 🙂 Sorry about his back problems, but you wouldn’t know it by the way he hunkers down! 🙂

Happy Monday and have a great week everyone. ♥

16. refnaf said

Bebebe !
    So awesome to see you again! What a concert! So cool to see fan friends again…. love this recap! ((((hug))))

Hello, he auditioned for The Secret Garden on Broadway.
    Looking up flights to NYC and hotels near Broadway! LOL

Liked by 1 person

Fen….. he just doesn’t stop! This is awesome!!!

Liked by 1 person

This makes me so happy for him. It’s one of my favorite movies and I might just have to go see him it it happens. Wondered about it when a few months ago he was talking about acting lessons. 🙂

Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick’s Day! 🙂 ♥

Today’s puzzle from David’s IG.

Thanks a million for the Sunday puzzle, Abs! Another fun one. 🙂

Most welcome Jan 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Proof that David has a huge effect in person.

Liked by 2 people

Abrra…. I don’t have an Apple watch, but I know that my heart rate soars when I approach David!! 😀

BTW … great puzzle yesterday! Took me some time with all those pieces (they were scattered everywhere 🙂 ), but I got ‘er done!!

#17 Fenfan

Liked by 1 person

His voice may be a tad tired.

Liked by 2 people

Please don’t overdo, David. ;(

Liked by 1 person

Good taking care of that beautiful voice, yes, don’t overdo it David.