January 2018
    « Dec
    15161718192021

Abrra on You-ooh Are Someone To Love ~…
    jans11 on You-ooh Are Someone To Love ~…
    Abrra on You-ooh Are Someone To Love ~…
    Abrra on You-ooh Are Someone To Love ~…

You-ooh Are Someone To Love ~ David Archuleta

Posted by bebereader on Tuesday, January 2, 2018

photo found on Snowangelz

In the roughly ten years that I have been a fan of this young man, David Archuleta, he has come a long way, in terms of talent and stage presence, speaking to the public at large, sharing personal stories, overcoming shyness, and embracing confidence issues, as  he calls them. He has grown up! He has already learned how to ward off rude questions posed by interviewers.

However, as a parent, there were many times (in an alternate universe) when I wished I could have helped him in his journey, when I could have told him that it’s okay when he makes a mistake during a performance, that he is so past having to explain any blunder and that it happens to everyone.

I wish I could encourage him to use his genius as a musician to give him the strength he needs to overcome his shyness. And that we, his fans adore him, flaws and all.

I wish I could tell him that he owns every stage he performs on and not to be alarmed when he sees thousands of us in the audience, waiting for him to sing. When you’re that talented and charismatic, the audience just wants to be part of your universe.

There. I said it. 😀

credit: ShelleyFOD

31 Responses to “You-ooh Are Someone To Love ~ David Archuleta”

From last thread.

He’s a Travelin’ Man!

Bonjour! Or in this case, bonsoir! 🙂 🇫🇷

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

There is a new IG Story too, with a view of the tower. Check it out 🙂

Jans11

Seen on Facebook… Happy New Year David and all the fans….

Tawna

What in the world is he doing in Paris!!!!? Looks really cold there. I can’t seem to find his IG story, just the picture. 😦

His IG story was a short video of the tower, 10 seconds. I think he removed it. Someone in comments said it was illegal to photograph the tower at night, it’s copyrighted.

“You can almost never find videos or photos of the Eiffel Tower at night on stock sites. Why is this? Because the Eiffel Tower is copyrighted when those lights are twinkling in the night sky. This 4-minute video from Half as Interesting explains why.

European Union copyright law states that an artistic work (that could be a photo, video, song, or building) is protected during the lifetime of its creator, plus another 70 years.

Most countries have a “freedom of panorama” law, which allows you to photograph a skyline and include copyrighted buildings in your shot. So while you’d be perfectly okay capturing a photo of Big Ben in London, you just couldn’t go off and build a brand new version in your backyard without infringing copyright.

But the EU allows countries to opt-out of including this freedom of panorama clause in their copyright laws. France has chosen to utilize this exception.

The copyright owner and creator of the Eiffel Tower died in 1923, so in 1993 the image of the Eiffel Tower entered into the public domain. That’s why Las Vegas has its own Eiffel Tower, built in 1999.”

He is in Paris for a church event tomorrow night.

Jans11

He sure is racking up the flight miles! 🙂 Looks like the month of January will be slow for him at all!

#lovethephoto

Liked by 3 people

There is a Facebook Live before the event tomorrow night in Paris.

Paris is 6 hours ahead of eastern time. The FB Live should be around 11 AM est time tomorrow morning. If you miss it, im sure there will be a replay link floating around 🙂

Thanks, Bebe and Snowangelz. Very true words. ♥

#paris #whataninja #wherenext? #staysafe

Thank you Bebe…. glad you got that out in the open!!!! 🙂 But, I have to agree with you … as a parent/grandma/fan!! ♥♥

Thank you, Abrra for the Eiffel Tower info. That’s interesting stuff!

I started to watch the FB Live, but didn’t have the patience to listen, right now, to the back and forth with the translation. (ADD kicked in I guess).

Here’s to a new year with David and all of you amazing friends!! ♥♥

FB Live video French speaking though 🙂

Liked by 1 person

David’s wisdom just never ceases to amaze me! Thank you, Abrra, for posting this FB Live video. ♥

Liked by 1 person

Thanks for posting the video, Abs. David is a small person, but boy does he have a big heart, a beautiful voice and a precious soul! ♥

You are so right Jan 🙂

An interview here:

Scroll 10 pictures 🙂

Don't be fooled by my face, I was actually more excited than I look. I love Claude Monet paintings and since I was 12 I have particularly been fascinated by his haystack paintings. It was great seeing his End of Summer one today at Museé d'Orsay. Camille, Pissarro, Van Gogh and so many others' paintings were there. Yesterday I tried to say hi to Mona Lisa at the Louvre, and did somewhat from afar along with the other 2 statue "stars" of the museum as our guide called them. We also went to Château de Chantilly to see its gallery and had some crème chantilly. Here are a few highlights from all 3. It was a great experience that we had thanks to our friend Aaron Sherinian hosting us. Thanks Aaron! And merci Paris for a quick but beautiful experience in your city! We hope to come back again soon! #paris #monet #haystacks #vangogh #louvre #museedorsay #chateaudechantilly #france #art

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

Liked by 2 people

Thank you, Abrra. This is probably as close as I’ll get to those famous paintings. What an experience for David!!

Liked by 1 person

Thanks. Love David’s travels. So happy for him and it is good for us fans to be able to see the world with him.

Dear DA

It is hard enough to grow up… for all of us. It is (I can only imagine) much harder to “grow up” amid a lot of social scrutiny. Thank you for your courage, goals, imperfections, hardships, talent, shortcomings, love and …. more, more, more courage. Thank you.

I do not have to live with the social scrutiny that is a constant in your life. Thank you for not bowing to the temptations that can loom so large and yell so loud. Thank you for doing the things you need to do, the things that help you to stay grounded with all the pressures that are simply part of your job.

Thank you for being true to the joy within you… and for taking the time and spending the strength to get stronger. (I am not saying this well!! *_*) But dear DA…. being true to what gives you strength, helps to allow all of us to remember to take the time to search for where our own strength comes from, to be willing to become and then to share our own “best”.

Thank you.. I wish you the best New Year for 2018.

And to all of you here at the Voice…. Thank you for being so consistently your selves and for sharing who you are here this site. Thank you!!!
    Have a Wonderful New Year!!!

bluesky

Sweet words Bluesky, thank you 🙂

Today’s puzzle compliments of David and the city of Calgary, CA

Liked by 1 person

Bluesky….Amen to your words.

Yee haw for the Sunday puzzle! Thanks, Abs. He looks good in a cowboy hat. 🙂 Was wondering though, when spying the shoes on the floor, if they were his and if he was standing in his stocking feet??? I doubt it, but it was something that crossed my mind… 🙂 🙂

I love this post 🙂 She is a missionary and she is also a Nija 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Jan, I do believe I remember seeing the whole picture of David in the cowboy hat and he is in his stocking feet. Abrra, do you remember it at all? Anyway, it’s a great photo of a very happy David! ♥

Ninja missionary!!! Love it!!! 🙂

Tawna

Not sure. When was it? Recently or long ago?

Liked by 1 person

It was during the Calgary visit. Maybe I’ll go back and look around in a bit and see what I can find. 😉

Liked by 1 person

Aw, wonder if his feet were hurting or they just caught him for a photo after he was getting comfortable. 🙂 Actually it’s none of my business, but that’s the way my mind works. lol
    I didn’t see the pic, Tawna, so if you find it let us know. 🙂

Cute missionary girl. Really smart having a crush on David Archuleta! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Thanks FOD for posting this new IG story 🙂 New music or ??? projects could be anything……

Liked by 2 people

This is so sweet 🙂

My goodness! That’s a hug and a kiss!!! 🙂

Any guesses? Postcards maybe 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Here is a Saturday bonus puzzle. I’ll admit it is VERY hard but so worth it in the end. I always make the pieces larger by clicking the square in lower right corner to make it easier to see. The puzzle will be saved, so if you need to close out for some reason, just come and click the link again. You won’t loose progress.

Thanks to @lovelyarchies and good luck 🙂

Liked by 2 people

A few weeks ago I seen a snippet of the video on FB and Twitter. It was taken down immediately so evidently it wasn’t to be released especially with them still working on it. The video I seen was Spotlight Down. Maybe it was put out as a “feeler” and the real one will be a different song. I don’t know, I only know I seen the snippet.

Thanks for the Saturday puzzle! Nothing like a 1,000 David photos to work on! 🙂 Actually, I finished it faster than some of the others. 🙂

What a puzzle, Abrra!!! Got ‘er done …. one piece after another …. patience and pondering …. so worth it!!! 🙂

Tawna YAY! I had set the piece count to 140, but I decided that was just too hard. Set it lower and it was a challenge but doable.

Jan I think you might have a good pick on the song. I like the ‘mood” of the picture. I had not seen a clip on FB.

David is singin again in his IG story 🙂

Thanks FOD for recording this.

Liked by 2 people

Cuteness overload. Thanks to David.

Thanks David and Abs for the sweetheart of a puzzle! He is so caring. ♥

More proof of new music 🙂