September 2017
    « Aug   Oct »
    18192021222324

tawna21 on David Archuleta Arrives In Per…
    jans11 on David Archuleta Arrives In Per…
    Abrra on David Archuleta Arrives In Per…
    clairerolfe35 on David Archuleta Arrives In Per…

David Archuleta ~ Chasing The Unattainable Dream by Kristin Rivers

Posted by djafan on Tuesday, September 26, 2017

credit Pamela Pike

Thank you Kristin for sharing your gift of writing with us.

How many times in life have we struggled to achieve a dream that seems unattainable? How many people told you to give up the dream placed on your heart or forget a goal that you know will change or better your life?

Since I was a teenager, one of my biggest dreams was to see and meet my favorite musician and role model, David Archuleta. I have had my share of people tell me to face the reality of ever meeting him. I’ve been told to give up, get over it and not get hopes up. No matter what dreams we have, the naysayers will come knocking with their comments, personal opinions and “helpful” commentary. Some still don’t realize how much words can hurt as much as actions.

With my dream about Archuleta, I almost gave up last year. A Christmas tour that didn’t have concerts near me…did me in. I was left devastated, heartbroken, angry and beyond tired of the waiting. With having other things going on in my life at the time, that made the blow even harder to swallow. I had to stop talking to some fans because I couldn’t deal with their excitement, leaving fansites I used to go on and ignored videos shared on YouTube and social media. It felt easier to distance myself so I wouldn’t lash out at other people. I was really losing my faith and asking God why I had to wait longer for something I wanted so badly, feeling yet again that my dream was stupid and that I should have given up a long time ago. The words of the past haunted my mind and distracted me from what my heart was trying to say: don’t quit.  There was still a part of me that dared to hope, a stubbornness that said not to quit just yet. Many of us have been told, or heard, about how people give up just when their dream would finally come to pass.

I just wanted to quit, accepting that maybe it will never happen until I was older and living closer to where he would have a concert. At times, we have to put dreams on hold until we’re better off financially, someone encourages us to just do it and stop letting life pass by or our focus is for other people in our lives than our own.

credit 8throwcenter

Earlier, I mentioned how words can hurt people. But I think we forget how words can also heal and help, especially when you least expect it. A joke to a friend over email one night In December 2016 created an opportunity that left me crying in bed the following morning and one step closer to that impossible dream finally becoming reality. Yet, the following months were still laced with bitterness, brokenness and hopelessness. I was so focused on what I didn’t have that I forgot what I did have. When you wait so long…you feel really defeated, other times broken and a shadow of your former self and still feel the temptation to walk away and accept things as they are.

This past weekend in Worcester, MA, the dream came true.  Sitting front row with some amazing fans and surrounded by 1,000 people, we waited in anticipation for what the many speakers, besides Archuleta, would share with all of us……and there he was. The moment David Archuleta came out at the beginning of the conference to sing “Glorious”…things got real for me. After seven long years…I was watching this remarkable, God-fearing man perform his heart out and inspire everyone present with his words before my own eyes. There was some laughter, plenty of smiles and moments where I was close to tears. During each break, I would be left speechless at everything: not just David but everyone else who spoke and shared their stories with all of us. Brad Wilcox talking about grace and reading to his grandson, Alissa Parker’s brave story about her late daughter, Emilie, who died at Sandy Hook in 2012 and many, many more.

In case you were wondering “So, did she get to meet him?”

Yes, I did. My lips are sealed at this point though! But, I can say this: he was worth the long wait…and boy does he know how to surprise people. David, if you happen to be reading this I think you know what I’m referring to.

I want people who read this to know your dreams are never impossible or unattainable. Sometimes they just take a little more time than other goals we want to achieve. They require holding on to hope when you feel you just can’t anymore, having faith and trust in whatever higher power you believe in and A TON of patience. If there’s anything David has taught his fans over the years, it’s patience.

Thank you for listening and reading, and don’t give up on those dreams just yet.

28 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ Chasing The Unattainable Dream by Kristin Rivers”

1. TOfan said

Beautiful post, Kristin! ♥♥♥ I am so happy for you that finally got to see David perform live, there truly is nothing like it! But now I’m dying to know about your convo when you met him, lol. Will need to wait for the sequel, I guess. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Kristin, I’m so, so glad that you have been able to realize your dream. And not just to see and hear, but to meet David. It’s an experience that is beyond description. Right?! Hopefully, your lips aren’t sealed for too long. You know us, we need to know it all! 😀 #noseypokes #DavidArchuleta #experiences

Liked by 2 people

Liked by 2 people

Kristin

Thank you for sharing your long term experience with patience in meeting David and hearing his sing live. Since we live in the same state, I know what your frustration feels like when it comes to concerts.

Ever since his return from Chile I could see that it would be quite a wait for new music and tours that would bring him closer to us. He was starting over with no finished songs and a big decision in his heart about whether he wanted to continue his career. Touring came at a price for David as it does with all artists.. He had to find venues willing to partner with him. I figured it would take time to get things rolling again and eventually he would get the chance to move away from his home area.

I am sincerely thrilled that you got the chance to see him in a live concert. It leaves you with such a high that you can’t explain 🙂 I am equally happy for the fans in the Philippines who will have him back after so many years. Their excitement is palpable on Twitter. Truth is I love seeing the crowds at the airports and the interviews, even if David finds them a bit distressing 🙂

BTW I put that same picture up top as my wallpaper on my monitor. I loved the mysterious vibe it gives. You can’t see him, but you can.

Liked by 3 people

Kristen, so glad that your dream came true and you finally got to experience meeting David. He was worth the wait for sure. ♥ He is the total package with the “it” that we can’t seem to get enough of. We never want his concerts to end. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Amazon has preview clips of Postcards in the Sky. enjoy!

Liked by 2 people

#6 … mmmmm. Yummy listening! ♥

Liked by 1 person

Thank you Kristin for sharing your dream, thoughts, cares, and heart-ache.
    Thank you for sharing your joy. ^_^

People…. I have been really busy in both good and challenging ways. I love to come here, listen, read, feel the presence of so many that I admire, love, and care about. Thanks for just being here. In your own way, you are my pathway to DA. and It is a lovely path!!

Please be safe, be healthy, be kind (as you are!) and believe in the goodness of the heart. There is more goodness than bad in the world. Some just seem to peddle the tough bits cause… gee, I guess I don’t really know why they do it!!!!

Probs they need more DA in their life! ^_^

Love and joy to all of you.

(he IS kind of easy to listen to, isn’t he?!!)

Liked by 2 people

Thanks, Abs! Had to listen to all them a few times and that wasn’t enough! He has written some more of my favorites! 🙂 Got it preordered! ♥

Tawna, Seasons and Cracks of Heaven stood out to me, but I know I will love them all!

Bluesky, I love this pathway to David too and he is very easy to listen too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. TaterZen said

Kristen, I loved your heartfelt message; and I was so happy to read that you were finally able to see and hear David. Patience rewarded! Thank you for sharing your feelings in such a beautiful way.

Since David’s Kamas concert I have been wandering in the Utah, Arizona and Nevada deserts with crazy or nonexistent phone service. First thing on my list when I returned home was to pull up the Sunday David puzzle. Yay! I really miss that weekly dose of David when it is unavailable.

Still feeling warm and fuzzy from Kamas. My granddaughter who attended with me swore that was his best concert ever. Her favorite new song is Someone to Love. She couldn’t wait to sign up for one of the Holt children. She had to tell everyone about her new child “Chen”. It’s so fun to see her excitement.

Next concert for me is Kansas City with Jan Oh boy!

Liked by 1 person

Dayzee, glad you are back home all safe and sound. I am counting the days! 🙂 Just 5 more weeks! Can’t believe that September is over already.

Seems every concert I see, it’s always better than the one before! He’s getting better with age! lol 🙂

Wednesday one of our children was in the hospital, has been several times this summer. Thursday the doc told us it was a 50/50 chance they might make it. I won’t go into details… the story is too long and too big. The main thing is: family is everything wonderful. Time spent just loving each other is the most important thing.

People on this site, whether they be few or many… you people get it… I know this because of your support, love, acceptance and patience with DA and each other. Thank you just for being who you are.

Our dear one has made it so far: must remain deeply asleep for several days, but is now recovering from an almost 12 hour surgery.

DA believes in life, in light, in joy. His voice is a gift that he had to discover. He had to discover that his voice was not “gifted” to him to keep silent. I am SO grateful that he is able to finally be with this reality. Thank you, DA!! Again and again – Thank You!

The same lesson is for each of us.

Liked by 1 person

Bluesky, sorry to hear you are going through such a tough ordeal. My prayers are with your child and all of your family. It is good that you can reach out for comfort.

TaterZen, I am hoping to see you in Idaho.

Liked by 1 person

Bluesky, that is so sad to hear about your loved one and all that you have been going through. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I agree that this site is special because of the feelings we have for David and his beautiful gift! ♥ I have always felt welcome here.

Great edit by BrendaS celebrating David’s new album!

Bluesky
    I will keep your child in my thoughts and prayers. Miracles do happen.

18. d said

When I approached the merch table at Kamas I was disappointed to find no CD for Leo. But now I see a CD of those songs and many new ones will be available. . Whooppee! Looking forward to 10/20. I like to have a CD that I can hold in my hand. It is always a delight to see Amber at the merch tables. She is such a sweetheart and very capable of handling those grabby fans. haha

Puzzle was beautiful. Like David

Bluesky
    My heart and prayers are with you and your dear family. ♥♥

Liked by 1 person

Another beauty, Abs! Thanks for the blue (my favorite color) puzzle!

18…I prefer the tangible cd in my hands too. But I guess I will have to get used to the digital changes. 🙂

21. Bluesky said

Dayzee….. you are my surrogate DA attendee!! I love hearing about all your and Jans adventures. My son is still deeply sedated, but improving. I don’t often share what is happening, but I have read from Jan and others, so I thought I might this time.

Be well, have a blast! Yell some for me!!

Go, DA! 😜🙃😜

22. Bluesky said

Thank you all for your kindness. I know I enjoy reading what you have shared in the past Jans, so I thought I would for at least this time.

Dayzee, you are my surrogate concert goer…. so I love hearing about all your and Jans adventures!!

Be safe! Have a great time! Can’t wait to hear how it all goes down a bit more “east” than the Rocky Mountains. 😋😜❤️

23. Bluesky said

Well….I thought the other didn’t post…. so…. you get two! 👻
    Great puzzle!

JR has made a YouTube of the snippets. Enjoy!

From David’s IG:

ps://www.instagram.com/p/BZwFuWJHCiE/

Darn, the link didn’t come up right. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don’t. 🙂

27. Kristin said

Good evening everyone. What happened in Vegas today plagued my thoughts so I couldn’t find words to say in my comment about what I had wanted to say.

Bluesky, I am sorry for the circumstances you and your family are going through right now. I am sending you love, a hug and some prayers for a positive outcome.

Like D (the person who made the 18th comment), I also prefer a physical copy of a CD. I am glad this next album will have physical copies! The snippets are also quite fabulous :D.

Thank you, also, everyone for reading my post. It felt better to write it for a literary magazine and, I feel it’s helping with the healing process. I know some of you want to know about my conversation with David XP still not talking. But I will say this, he was wonderful to talk to. Very nice, kind, sweet and very attentive. I appreciated that 🙂 need more men my age to be like that haha! He is quite impressive (and I couldn’t believe how short he was in person wow haha a little taller than me but not by much). Either way, a truly wonderful gentleman.

Jans, I’m gonna try to see if I can make the link work (I stink at it too XP):

Every 6 months I take a little weekend break, wherever I might be, to listen to my church's world conference. Yesterday I was able to attend in person. My heart hurts hearing about another shooting in Vegas. In a world where so much is going on, with natural disasters, shootings, hate, wars, depression and anxiety, fears, and so many other things going on we ask ourselves "Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace?" That's what speaker Jean B Bingham talked about in the conference yesterday morning. Sometimes it's hard to trust. But there is a source of healing, and that is from Christ. Jean Bingham also mentioned there is a way to become free from the constraints of our own misunderstanding. Well, how? One way I've gained it is watching and listening to men and women of God in these conferences. I loved how a big emphasis was on trust and to "lean not unto [our] own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5-6) my love is with the victims of the recent Vegas shooting, and also with the many still recovering from the natural disasters. I'm left asking however (as powerful as prayer is) what more can I do than just thinking about them and praying. Let's allow sad things to bring us together, become united and do something to help others. May our prayers turn us to action. We can be the helping hands and the light in even the darkest times of another's life. If you'd like to watch a talk from the conference, I'm putting the link in my bio today. #trust #thoughts #ldsconf #jeanbbingham #prayforlasvegas A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on Oct 2, 2017 at 8:54am PDT

//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js

28. Kristin said

Ugh that didn’t work for me either, yikes. Abrra, djafan you need to teach us fans how to embed these things right!