August 2017
    « Jul
    14151617181920

Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…

David Archuleta ~ New Music! EP “LEO” Out August 25th!

Posted by djafan on Friday, August 4, 2017

credit: Idaho State University Stephens Performing Arts Center‎ FB Page

New EP “Leo”

• davidarchie Hey everyone! Excited to share that the next EP “Leo” will be coming August 25th! 😱 #Leo #newmusic

Click below to purchase and listen to snippets!

“Amazon”

Here are the snippets on youtube!

credit FOD

And a concert dates appearing!!!!  Will be posting more info as it appears!

60 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ New Music! EP “LEO” Out August 25th!”

1. Kristin said

NEW EP COMING!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!!!

(runs off jumping off the walls)

Liked by 3 people

Thank you Kristin! And Abrra!!!

Hear me roar!

Liked by 3 people

It’s . Coming!!!!!!! Happy Dancing!!!!

Liked by 2 people

Jumping up and down for another EP!!!
    Can’t wait for more new music!
    If it’s anything like Orion, WOWZA!

Liked by 2 people

Love the photo of David and love the news that new music is on its way!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Liked by 2 people

So excited for this! New music, yaaaay!

Liked by 1 person

David and Kari visited Disneyland Hong Kong.

Yep! He is a chick-magnet there too. 🙂

Scroll thru 4 images here.

Oh Hi David! Such a nice and warm person. It was lovely meeting you ❤️ #davidarchuleta @davidarchie

A post shared by joeyprepayo (@joeyprepayo) on

Children always find him fun 🙂

Awesome to have you join us today at #HongKongDisneyland @davidarchie 🙂

A post shared by Roslyn Reyes Pineda (@roslynpineda) on

Hey all!!!

I’m super duper excited for #LeoEP !!!! I’m I’m also super curious about what David is doing in Hong Kong???!!!! Maybe MV for a new single??!!!

Maybe I’m Ready will be on this Leo EP? I already love this song.

Love this!

Liked by 1 person

David checks in on IG to explain his visit to Hong kong.

Today’s puzzle thanks to David 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Wow, came to see what the puzzle was and got a triple dip treat! Dja, I’m Ready too! 🙂 great song! And that Jet Lag! Wow, never had jet lag like that, to keep me Up All Night!.. dang it! Cute idea!

And thanks for the great, fun puzzle, Abs! So glad that David is enjoying himself now. Our patience has paid off! 🙂 So happy that he is ready too!

Hey y’all, he sang that moon song in HK!
    He should sing that whenever he performs in a Mandarin-speaking country. Everyone would love him to bits for it.

Liked by 1 person

Scroll though the pics and find a video of David singing.

Liked by 1 person

From Kari’s IG story ( thanks fansofdavidvideos)

Liked by 1 person

Thanks for the goodies, Abs! I wish David would record The Moon Represents My Heart. It is a beautiful song and it seems to just flow out from David so beautifully. ♥

Jans, I tweeted Kari to please ask him if he could record it 🙂 haha It is beautiful to see it song by David. I just love the way he sings it.

And David is home and sharing on instagram story!

17. Bluesky said

I loved the puzzle, Abrra!
    My son has been in and out of the hospital the last month. And he goes in for an operation for a pace-maker on Thursday. I have been super, super busy. But I always love coming by and seeing all if you and all the news.

If you don’t hear from me….it isn’t that I’m not around.

Love the “Ad” for DA!! And the black and white pic. Constellations….there are twelve. That bodes well, don’t you think? ^_^

Liked by 2 people

Dja, great idea! Hope Kari thinks so too! 🙂 It would be awesome!

Glad David and Kari made it back to the states ok. Anxious for the new music! 🙂

Bluesky, thoughts and prayers go out for you and your son. ♥ Love ya, Jan

Bluesky, best wishes, prayers, and hugs for you and for your son. Wishing him a healthy recovery!!

Bluesky! Good thoughts, wishes, and prayers for your son. ((((hugs))))

David IG story from last night.

fansofdavidvideos

I will never get used to these cartoon videos. I cringe.

David still has very late night jet lag.

credit FOD

Abrra, I’m with you on the cartoons! :/

I’ve never heard Angel of Mine. But now I want him to sing it all lol

Cartoons. I don’t mind them but I think it may be a male thing. Because all the males in the family can watch and laugh at the silliest things.

Liked by 2 people

David instagram post. He found a cover of Crush!

Liked by 2 people

More David and Mama Lupe! I wish I could find something like this in my area for one of my grandsons who loves to sing!

Liked by 2 people

I follow this IG account and thought this post was so uplifting that I have to share.

The account owner stops regular folks on the street and asks for a picture and a story they tell about their life. Not all stories are happy, but all have human interest.

If you want to follow, go here: https://www.instagram.com/humansofny/?hl=en

#24 !!!! Does it get any happier!!! 🙂

‘Start with what you have, not with what you want.’ Words to live by!!! Thanks for sharing that Abrra! (wish I could get my grandkids to think like this)

Thinking of you Bluesky.

David is in Canada! Wonder why???

Hmmmmmm…someone took the picture. A sibling road trip? How fun!

Looks fun!!!

Leo pre-order. To hear snippets click on sample album. I had to shut off my browsers ad blocker to have it work.

Liked by 1 person

Hmmmm. I’m thinking I’m going to be liking this Leo album. I love how David doesn’t have one style in his music. He changes things up on every song. What I don’t understand is why these absolutely wonderful songs don’t make it on the radio. They are so radio worthy. Does that have to do with his management?

Can’t wait (but I have to) for Aug. 25th!!! 🙂

36. Bluesky said

Short socks, DA! That’s progress!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone… my songot a pacemaker put in this afternoon. For once, everything went smoothly, yea!! He will go home tomorrow. And he is one step closer to getting a kidney.

Many of us go through a lot if health challenges. If any of you are one of those, know that you are loved!

I am going to go listen to some Leo.

Liked by 1 person

Love all the new songs, and can’t wait to hear the whole songs! Got it preordered! On a side note, I have a 4 year old great grandson named Leo! 🙂

Tawna, I heard that it takes tons of money to get your songs on the radio. And I think it is up to the management too, on whether it is feasible to spend the money. Sure wish all his songs were on the radio for the whole world to hear! I think that is why he has went the You Tube way.

Good news on your son, Bluesky! ♥ Yea, no black socks! 🙂

All that food looks good. Hope its all sugar free since David said he can’t eat it. Does anyone know why?

Liked by 1 person

David in Canada for a youth conference.

Liked by 1 person

David has the breakdown blues, but finds fun things to do.

Liked by 1 person

Today’s puzzle is a picture that I found on FOD, (but couldn’t get original credit).

41. Bluesky said

Fun puzzle Abrra! Thanks for always doing this! What a joy you are. 🤗

Always appreciate the puzzles. TY Love David’s smile in this one

Strong guy there! Got the whole world on his shoulders! 🙂 Thanks, Abs! 🙂

Hi, Dayzee! Waving at ya! 🙂

Thank you for the puzzle Abrra! 🙂

David went on a road trip!

Liked by 2 people

Concerts in Minneapolis and Pittsburg! Tickets go on sale August 18th! I added them up top along with the link to purchase LEO on Amazon and the snippets on youtube!

Liked by 1 person

Beautiful write up from The Cedar.

Platinum-selling pop star David Archuleta doesn’t like attention, but he deserves yours.

At 6 years old, Archuleta, who grew up on a steady diet of musicals like Les Misérables and Evita, developed a love for singing as a way to find solace in the comfort of his backyard. Before long, family, friends and neighbors started to notice, and at 9 years old, coaxed by the promise of free quesadillas, he was singing for crowds at a local restaurant. And in 2007, when the then-16-year-old (now 26), appeared on American Idol, the world started noticing.Receiving 44 percent of nearly 100 million votes, the shy, fresh-faced vocal prodigy was runner-up on the hit show’s seventh season, finishing behind David Cook.

“I didn’t really want to pursue fame and stardom,” Archuleta, a devout Mormon, recalls. “But I felt like it was something I needed to do to fulfill one of the assignments I’d been given in my life.”

A record deal with Sony/Jive Records, arena tours, a No. 2 single (“Crush”) on the Billboard Hot 100, acclaim from the likes Bruce Springsteen, Kelly Clarkson and Rihanna, and international fame followed. But even after running the gamut from Top 40 pop to holiday music on six studio albums and 21 singles, released over the past decade, including a two-year break from music to embark on life-changing missionary work in Chile for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the TV personality, bestselling author and former Star Search Junior Vocal Champion and one of American Idol’s youngest breakout wunderkinds was still just finding his voice.

“I think American Idol, the whole process, from the momentum on afterwards, I never took time to slow down and think about who I was,” the singer says. “People wanted me to work in an adult world without growing up. … When I went on my mission, it was the first time that I took time to say, ‘Who am I? What do I want?’ “When I got back, I started doing music again, and that’s when I started working on this project.”

He’s talking about a series of three four-song EPs that, due out over the course of this year (and later as a full-length LP with additional songs), starting with the May 19th release of Orion, combine to make a heartfelt artistic statement. Unburdened by the pressures and focus-group-think of industry handlers, yet set to pop tones sure to pleasantly surprise old fans and attract new followers to his already robust global fan base, it’s the first album the singer’s co-written and recorded as an adult.

“The music is all about saying, ‘Wait a second, why am I doing this in the first place?’ ” Archuleta says, explaining where his head was at when he relocated to Nashville to start writing songs with Music City luminaries like Jeremy Bose, Trent Dabbs, Katie Herzig, producer Jamie Kenney and others. “It was therapeutic working with them,” Archuleta recalls. “I wrote these stories [my career so far]. … That was a great experience and I learned a ton, and now I’m here and I’m like, ‘Wow! I get to create music, but this time I have my own reason to do it.”

“I connect to my songs more now than I ever have,” he goes on to say. “Before, my team had goals to fulfill; they didn’t really care about my story, they were just like, ‘Make sure you have enough love songs that we can release, because that’s what people want to buy.’ I’ve never been about romance and breakups and high school love and all that. I’ve always been about life, and self-introspection.”

“I think I’ll take a second change,” Archuleta sings with a familiar bell-clear powerhouse croon on lead-off single “Numb,” an airy pop tune with a refreshing calypso feel that shows some of the Utah-by-way-of-Miami native’s Latin roots. The track premiered via Billboard last November.

“This is like a new beginning,” Archuleta explains excitedly, saying he’s never felt so intrinsically fulfilled and electrified by his own music. “It’s not just taking another chance with music, it’s taking another chance on myself. … I need to be who I am or else I’ll go numb again.”

Like with “Numb,” the theme of the anthemic “Invincible” turns the phrase its title suggests. “[It’s] about not having to be invincible,” Archuleta says. “I’ve felt too many times that I need to be perfect, I need to be invincible, I can’t show any weakness. But really, that’s what creates the battle with myself. … [Then I have to tell myself], ‘It’s OK, you can let go. Let the armor down. Put the sword away.’ ”

That idea carries on through Orion’s “Up All Night.” It’s a dance-pop gem Archuleta wrote about a rural Tennessee fishing trip he took with a family he befriended. Coming during a rough patch he was having in Nashville, the trip gave the singer some much-needed perspective at a time when he was imposing a paralyzing amount of pressure on himself to prove himself.

“They just cared about each other,” Archuleta says of the family. “Whoever I was, they just loved me and accepted me, and made me feel like a was a part of the family. … I felt whole again, I feel rejuvenated, and I went home and I couldn’t sleep that night. And all that happened was I went fishing with this family. I was like, ‘I have to get this feeling out of me.’ So I went over to the keyboard and [“Up All Night”] is what came out.” “Say Me,” a string-section-boasting ballad co-written with Bose and Dabbs, is another rumination on the singer’s battle for self-discovery.

“I need you to say me,” the lyric goes. “That can be interpreted as a love song,” Archuleta admits. “I need you to say you, basically — believe in yourself. … There’s a difference between being prideful and cocky and believing in yourself.”

After a decade under the discerning eyes of American Idol judges, TV viewers, record label know-it-alls and music critics trying to shape and define his identity, Archuleta has discovered he’s the only one who can find himself, and, with confidence winning out over self-doubt, that’s what he’s done on Orion. “These songs are about the struggle of finding your own voice and how hard it can be sometimes to believe in yourself. … I’m David. I’m the kid who always sat in his backyard, alone, singing to the cats. I don’t have to be cool, I just have to be David.”

Liked by 2 people

I LOVE The Cedar write-up!! It’s beautiful! Thanks Dja for sharing it.

Yes, David Archuleta, that’s what the fans on this site want from you …. you to be you! We love and appreciate the you that we met 10 years ago and the you that you have found and become. Don’t change!!

Liked by 1 person

Two more! Cincinnati and Indianapolis! Links up top!

NASHVILLE!!!! Franklin Theater, Nashville, TN November 4th!!!!

These past few days my mom had some days off of work and she wanted to take a trip to Canada to see #sherlockthemusical that our friend created and is playing in his hometown, Cardston. I took my two little sisters who also got work off and we got to see the beautiful view in Waterton, catch Sherlock—along with other local productions of Into the Woods (which we grew up watching on VHS) and The Music Man. We had a great road trip to Alberta! Even had some nice family time venturing in Helena, Montana as we had to wait a day for our car to get fixed. Haha. Huge thanks to our talented Sherlock friend Denny Burton, his awesome family and to everyone else who made it an unforgettable time! (I ended with a drawing my sister Jazzy made of us at a breakfast place). #roadtrip #alberta #canada #musicals #waterton #calgarytemple #cardston #helena #montana

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

52. sweetonda said

Interesting that the tickets for the Mesa, AZ concert are prices $81 (balcony) – $219 (orchestra) That is quite a raise in price. I hope he can sell out at those prices. As for me, I will have to rely on wonderful fans who record. That’s too steep for me since I’m on a strict budget now. Can’t wait to purchase and hear all the new songs on Leo. David is still my favorite artist.

Whoo Hoo! Thanks, David for coming to Kansas City on Nov. 2nd! ♥♥♥♥♥

Whoo Hoo!! Jan!!!!!!

55. Bluesky said

I am so excited!!! I. Want. A. Map!!!

Oh my gosh guys! This is more exciting to me than even the new music! DA on the move!! Woo hoo!!!!

🤗🤗🤗🤗😍😍😍😍😍😍 😵. 👻

I’m dead.

FYI

The Pittsburgh show date is listed incorrectly in the tweet from David at the top of this post. The correct date is October 26,2017 per David’s OS.

David is in Toronto. Be sure to check out both pictures.

I LOVE #zakkushi #zakkushicarlton #izakaya #best #yakitori #toronto ever! #feedmeyakitori

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

Info here:

Liked by 1 person

From Toronto, a listening party.