August 2017
    « Jul   Sep »
    14151617181920

jans11 on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…

David Archuleta ~ New Music! EP “LEO” Out August 25th!

Posted by djafan on Friday, August 4, 2017

credit: Idaho State University Stephens Performing Arts Center‎ FB Page

New EP “Leo”

• davidarchie Hey everyone! Excited to share that the next EP “Leo” will be coming August 25th! 😱 #Leo #newmusic

Click below to purchase and listen to snippets!

“Amazon”

Here are the snippets on youtube!

credit FOD

And a concert dates appearing!!!!  Will be posting more info as it appears!

152 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ New Music! EP “LEO” Out August 25th!”

1. Kristin said

NEW EP COMING!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!!!

(runs off jumping off the walls)

Liked by 3 people

Thank you Kristin! And Abrra!!!

Hear me roar!

Liked by 3 people

It’s . Coming!!!!!!! Happy Dancing!!!!

Liked by 2 people

Jumping up and down for another EP!!!
    Can’t wait for more new music!
    If it’s anything like Orion, WOWZA!

Liked by 2 people

Love the photo of David and love the news that new music is on its way!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Liked by 2 people

So excited for this! New music, yaaaay!

Liked by 1 person

David and Kari visited Disneyland Hong Kong.

Yep! He is a chick-magnet there too. 🙂

Scroll thru 4 images here.

Oh Hi David! Such a nice and warm person. It was lovely meeting you ❤️ #davidarchuleta @davidarchie

A post shared by joeyprepayo (@joeyprepayo) on

Children always find him fun 🙂

Awesome to have you join us today at #HongKongDisneyland @davidarchie 🙂

A post shared by Roslyn Reyes Pineda (@roslynpineda) on

Hey all!!!

I’m super duper excited for #LeoEP !!!! I’m I’m also super curious about what David is doing in Hong Kong???!!!! Maybe MV for a new single??!!!

Maybe I’m Ready will be on this Leo EP? I already love this song.

Love this!

Liked by 1 person

David checks in on IG to explain his visit to Hong kong.

Today’s puzzle thanks to David 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Wow, came to see what the puzzle was and got a triple dip treat! Dja, I’m Ready too! 🙂 great song! And that Jet Lag! Wow, never had jet lag like that, to keep me Up All Night!.. dang it! Cute idea!

And thanks for the great, fun puzzle, Abs! So glad that David is enjoying himself now. Our patience has paid off! 🙂 So happy that he is ready too!

Hey y’all, he sang that moon song in HK!
    He should sing that whenever he performs in a Mandarin-speaking country. Everyone would love him to bits for it.

Liked by 1 person

Scroll though the pics and find a video of David singing.

Liked by 1 person

From Kari’s IG story ( thanks fansofdavidvideos)

Liked by 1 person

Thanks for the goodies, Abs! I wish David would record The Moon Represents My Heart. It is a beautiful song and it seems to just flow out from David so beautifully. ♥

Jans, I tweeted Kari to please ask him if he could record it 🙂 haha It is beautiful to see it song by David. I just love the way he sings it.

And David is home and sharing on instagram story!

17. Bluesky said

I loved the puzzle, Abrra!
    My son has been in and out of the hospital the last month. And he goes in for an operation for a pace-maker on Thursday. I have been super, super busy. But I always love coming by and seeing all if you and all the news.

If you don’t hear from me….it isn’t that I’m not around.

Love the “Ad” for DA!! And the black and white pic. Constellations….there are twelve. That bodes well, don’t you think? ^_^

Liked by 2 people

Dja, great idea! Hope Kari thinks so too! 🙂 It would be awesome!

Glad David and Kari made it back to the states ok. Anxious for the new music! 🙂

Bluesky, thoughts and prayers go out for you and your son. ♥ Love ya, Jan

Bluesky, best wishes, prayers, and hugs for you and for your son. Wishing him a healthy recovery!!

Bluesky! Good thoughts, wishes, and prayers for your son. ((((hugs))))

David IG story from last night.

fansofdavidvideos

I will never get used to these cartoon videos. I cringe.

David still has very late night jet lag.

credit FOD

Abrra, I’m with you on the cartoons! :/

I’ve never heard Angel of Mine. But now I want him to sing it all lol

Cartoons. I don’t mind them but I think it may be a male thing. Because all the males in the family can watch and laugh at the silliest things.

Liked by 2 people

David instagram post. He found a cover of Crush!

Liked by 2 people

More David and Mama Lupe! I wish I could find something like this in my area for one of my grandsons who loves to sing!

Liked by 2 people

I follow this IG account and thought this post was so uplifting that I have to share.

The account owner stops regular folks on the street and asks for a picture and a story they tell about their life. Not all stories are happy, but all have human interest.

If you want to follow, go here: https://www.instagram.com/humansofny/?hl=en

#24 !!!! Does it get any happier!!! 🙂

‘Start with what you have, not with what you want.’ Words to live by!!! Thanks for sharing that Abrra! (wish I could get my grandkids to think like this)

Thinking of you Bluesky.

David is in Canada! Wonder why???

Hmmmmmm…someone took the picture. A sibling road trip? How fun!

Looks fun!!!

Leo pre-order. To hear snippets click on sample album. I had to shut off my browsers ad blocker to have it work.

Liked by 1 person

Hmmmm. I’m thinking I’m going to be liking this Leo album. I love how David doesn’t have one style in his music. He changes things up on every song. What I don’t understand is why these absolutely wonderful songs don’t make it on the radio. They are so radio worthy. Does that have to do with his management?

Can’t wait (but I have to) for Aug. 25th!!! 🙂

36. Bluesky said

Short socks, DA! That’s progress!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone… my songot a pacemaker put in this afternoon. For once, everything went smoothly, yea!! He will go home tomorrow. And he is one step closer to getting a kidney.

Many of us go through a lot if health challenges. If any of you are one of those, know that you are loved!

I am going to go listen to some Leo.

Liked by 1 person

Love all the new songs, and can’t wait to hear the whole songs! Got it preordered! On a side note, I have a 4 year old great grandson named Leo! 🙂

Tawna, I heard that it takes tons of money to get your songs on the radio. And I think it is up to the management too, on whether it is feasible to spend the money. Sure wish all his songs were on the radio for the whole world to hear! I think that is why he has went the You Tube way.

Good news on your son, Bluesky! ♥ Yea, no black socks! 🙂

All that food looks good. Hope its all sugar free since David said he can’t eat it. Does anyone know why?

Liked by 1 person

David in Canada for a youth conference.

Liked by 1 person

David has the breakdown blues, but finds fun things to do.

Liked by 1 person

Today’s puzzle is a picture that I found on FOD, (but couldn’t get original credit).

41. Bluesky said

Fun puzzle Abrra! Thanks for always doing this! What a joy you are. 🤗

Always appreciate the puzzles. TY Love David’s smile in this one

Strong guy there! Got the whole world on his shoulders! 🙂 Thanks, Abs! 🙂

Hi, Dayzee! Waving at ya! 🙂

Thank you for the puzzle Abrra! 🙂

David went on a road trip!

Liked by 2 people

Concerts in Minneapolis and Pittsburg! Tickets go on sale August 18th! I added them up top along with the link to purchase LEO on Amazon and the snippets on youtube!

Liked by 1 person

Beautiful write up from The Cedar.

Platinum-selling pop star David Archuleta doesn’t like attention, but he deserves yours.

At 6 years old, Archuleta, who grew up on a steady diet of musicals like Les Misérables and Evita, developed a love for singing as a way to find solace in the comfort of his backyard. Before long, family, friends and neighbors started to notice, and at 9 years old, coaxed by the promise of free quesadillas, he was singing for crowds at a local restaurant. And in 2007, when the then-16-year-old (now 26), appeared on American Idol, the world started noticing.Receiving 44 percent of nearly 100 million votes, the shy, fresh-faced vocal prodigy was runner-up on the hit show’s seventh season, finishing behind David Cook.

“I didn’t really want to pursue fame and stardom,” Archuleta, a devout Mormon, recalls. “But I felt like it was something I needed to do to fulfill one of the assignments I’d been given in my life.”

A record deal with Sony/Jive Records, arena tours, a No. 2 single (“Crush”) on the Billboard Hot 100, acclaim from the likes Bruce Springsteen, Kelly Clarkson and Rihanna, and international fame followed. But even after running the gamut from Top 40 pop to holiday music on six studio albums and 21 singles, released over the past decade, including a two-year break from music to embark on life-changing missionary work in Chile for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the TV personality, bestselling author and former Star Search Junior Vocal Champion and one of American Idol’s youngest breakout wunderkinds was still just finding his voice.

“I think American Idol, the whole process, from the momentum on afterwards, I never took time to slow down and think about who I was,” the singer says. “People wanted me to work in an adult world without growing up. … When I went on my mission, it was the first time that I took time to say, ‘Who am I? What do I want?’ “When I got back, I started doing music again, and that’s when I started working on this project.”

He’s talking about a series of three four-song EPs that, due out over the course of this year (and later as a full-length LP with additional songs), starting with the May 19th release of Orion, combine to make a heartfelt artistic statement. Unburdened by the pressures and focus-group-think of industry handlers, yet set to pop tones sure to pleasantly surprise old fans and attract new followers to his already robust global fan base, it’s the first album the singer’s co-written and recorded as an adult.

“The music is all about saying, ‘Wait a second, why am I doing this in the first place?’ ” Archuleta says, explaining where his head was at when he relocated to Nashville to start writing songs with Music City luminaries like Jeremy Bose, Trent Dabbs, Katie Herzig, producer Jamie Kenney and others. “It was therapeutic working with them,” Archuleta recalls. “I wrote these stories [my career so far]. … That was a great experience and I learned a ton, and now I’m here and I’m like, ‘Wow! I get to create music, but this time I have my own reason to do it.”

“I connect to my songs more now than I ever have,” he goes on to say. “Before, my team had goals to fulfill; they didn’t really care about my story, they were just like, ‘Make sure you have enough love songs that we can release, because that’s what people want to buy.’ I’ve never been about romance and breakups and high school love and all that. I’ve always been about life, and self-introspection.”

“I think I’ll take a second change,” Archuleta sings with a familiar bell-clear powerhouse croon on lead-off single “Numb,” an airy pop tune with a refreshing calypso feel that shows some of the Utah-by-way-of-Miami native’s Latin roots. The track premiered via Billboard last November.

“This is like a new beginning,” Archuleta explains excitedly, saying he’s never felt so intrinsically fulfilled and electrified by his own music. “It’s not just taking another chance with music, it’s taking another chance on myself. … I need to be who I am or else I’ll go numb again.”

Like with “Numb,” the theme of the anthemic “Invincible” turns the phrase its title suggests. “[It’s] about not having to be invincible,” Archuleta says. “I’ve felt too many times that I need to be perfect, I need to be invincible, I can’t show any weakness. But really, that’s what creates the battle with myself. … [Then I have to tell myself], ‘It’s OK, you can let go. Let the armor down. Put the sword away.’ ”

That idea carries on through Orion’s “Up All Night.” It’s a dance-pop gem Archuleta wrote about a rural Tennessee fishing trip he took with a family he befriended. Coming during a rough patch he was having in Nashville, the trip gave the singer some much-needed perspective at a time when he was imposing a paralyzing amount of pressure on himself to prove himself.

“They just cared about each other,” Archuleta says of the family. “Whoever I was, they just loved me and accepted me, and made me feel like a was a part of the family. … I felt whole again, I feel rejuvenated, and I went home and I couldn’t sleep that night. And all that happened was I went fishing with this family. I was like, ‘I have to get this feeling out of me.’ So I went over to the keyboard and [“Up All Night”] is what came out.” “Say Me,” a string-section-boasting ballad co-written with Bose and Dabbs, is another rumination on the singer’s battle for self-discovery.

“I need you to say me,” the lyric goes. “That can be interpreted as a love song,” Archuleta admits. “I need you to say you, basically — believe in yourself. … There’s a difference between being prideful and cocky and believing in yourself.”

After a decade under the discerning eyes of American Idol judges, TV viewers, record label know-it-alls and music critics trying to shape and define his identity, Archuleta has discovered he’s the only one who can find himself, and, with confidence winning out over self-doubt, that’s what he’s done on Orion. “These songs are about the struggle of finding your own voice and how hard it can be sometimes to believe in yourself. … I’m David. I’m the kid who always sat in his backyard, alone, singing to the cats. I don’t have to be cool, I just have to be David.”

Liked by 2 people

I LOVE The Cedar write-up!! It’s beautiful! Thanks Dja for sharing it.

Yes, David Archuleta, that’s what the fans on this site want from you …. you to be you! We love and appreciate the you that we met 10 years ago and the you that you have found and become. Don’t change!!

Liked by 1 person

Two more! Cincinnati and Indianapolis! Links up top!

NASHVILLE!!!! Franklin Theater, Nashville, TN November 4th!!!!

These past few days my mom had some days off of work and she wanted to take a trip to Canada to see #sherlockthemusical that our friend created and is playing in his hometown, Cardston. I took my two little sisters who also got work off and we got to see the beautiful view in Waterton, catch Sherlock—along with other local productions of Into the Woods (which we grew up watching on VHS) and The Music Man. We had a great road trip to Alberta! Even had some nice family time venturing in Helena, Montana as we had to wait a day for our car to get fixed. Haha. Huge thanks to our talented Sherlock friend Denny Burton, his awesome family and to everyone else who made it an unforgettable time! (I ended with a drawing my sister Jazzy made of us at a breakfast place). #roadtrip #alberta #canada #musicals #waterton #calgarytemple #cardston #helena #montana

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

52. sweetonda said

Interesting that the tickets for the Mesa, AZ concert are prices $81 (balcony) – $219 (orchestra) That is quite a raise in price. I hope he can sell out at those prices. As for me, I will have to rely on wonderful fans who record. That’s too steep for me since I’m on a strict budget now. Can’t wait to purchase and hear all the new songs on Leo. David is still my favorite artist.

Whoo Hoo! Thanks, David for coming to Kansas City on Nov. 2nd! ♥♥♥♥♥

Whoo Hoo!! Jan!!!!!!

55. Bluesky said

I am so excited!!! I. Want. A. Map!!!

Oh my gosh guys! This is more exciting to me than even the new music! DA on the move!! Woo hoo!!!!

🤗🤗🤗🤗😍😍😍😍😍😍 😵. 👻

I’m dead.

FYI

The Pittsburgh show date is listed incorrectly in the tweet from David at the top of this post. The correct date is October 26,2017 per David’s OS.

David is in Toronto. Be sure to check out both pictures.

I LOVE #zakkushi #zakkushicarlton #izakaya #best #yakitori #toronto ever! #feedmeyakitori

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

Info here:

Liked by 1 person

From Toronto, a listening party.

David still in Canada!

Liked by 1 person

People I have a Nashville ticket thanks to Jenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to make travel plans!!!!!!

Liked by 1 person

I have Kansas City VIP tickets and the great Dayzee is flying in to go with me! Whoo hoo! What fun!

#61 Whoa, lady, looks like you are kind of excited! 🙂 We know how you feel! 🙂

Dja, so happy for you…Nashville was my first choice til KC showed up. My road trip consists of 18 min and $1.37 for gas! 🙂 A lot different than what I’m used to.

65. marlie7 said

I got tickets to Sellersville – hoping to see some old friends there!

Marlie

Preorder Leo on iTunes and get I’m Ready now 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Video from YLC Conference in Waterloo, Canada.

Credit: Matthew Sherlock

Liked by 1 person

So excited to see all the ticket sales. Don’t know why I still get so shaky trying to type requests for David tickets. Thanks to Jan for picking up Kansas City tickets while I was so nervous waiting for Idaho to go on sale. Wishing I could do Nashville with Jenny and Dja, but couldn’t figure out a way to do it. That one will be epic. Anxiously awaiting the “more to be added” as shown at comment #60.

Good to see David traveling around enjoying himself and singing. Love all the pics that show everyone around David with big smiles. He does that for me too. Have you ever seen a pic of David surrounded by grumpy people?

Liked by 1 person

Thank you @davidarchie @orrigami @karisellards @libbyelming A night to treasure at @cymbamusic

A post shared by Degiorgio (@chaptwo) on

70. Bluesky said

67….

That heart shaking, soul mending, death defying voice. Thank you, DA…that you decided not to be silent.

Liked by 1 person

Thanks to @cymbamusic for today’s puzzle!

Liked by 1 person

Marlie! Tickets for Sellersville! Can’t wait for your report on that. It will be great to hear from Pennsylvania. Yay!

It wouldn’t be Sunday without a David puzzle. Thanks Abrra.

Liked by 1 person

Yes, thanks again for the Sunday puzzle. Abs! But David doesn’t need all those crazy light bulbs! He’s enough light for me! 🙂

Even though David won’t be here for about 10 more weeks, I think about it constantly! 🙂 And I have a lot going on between time, but my mind is on his concert! 🙂

Hi all!

Marlie, Yay you’re going! Hoping for a New York show but this one isn’t so far, it’s doable 🙂

Bluesky, “Death defying” Forever is a favorite at my church. I have always loved it and not for a second did I ever imagine David singing it. No one at my church has ever sang it like this. Nathan P recorded it and I may not be very popular but he doesn’t come close to David’s rendition. I feel David’s heart and soul. I don’t know how he does it but darn he is something else.

I’m Ready, wow, this recording in absolute perfection, it’s almost as good as David live. They have figured how to almost capture the essence of David’s voice. David said he’s involved in the production of his music now, I knew it would happen :), all this new music has his touch, he is a musical genius.

Dayzee and Jans, Yay for tickets! Glad you two are hooking up for more concerts!

Abrra, thank you for the puzzle and all the goodies!

David out and about finding a restaurant and making friends on his own. Love that instagram picture 🙂

David was very active on instagram story. Thanks to those that grab them!

David’s name is up in lights at the Franklin Theater!

Liked by 1 person

Facebook Live this Friday!!

credit David Archuleta FB

Liked by 1 person

Happy to see David excited about his music as I am!! 🙂 🙂 Days like this is why we love you so much! Got to see the eclipse too. It was awesome. ♥

Going through another storm again. So sick of them this year and still waiting on getting my home fixed from a month ago. Actually we have had rain all day so we were lucky we got to see the eclipse. It stopped just long enough up until about 90% but it got cloudy to see the 100%. But it got dark and the street lights came on and the crickets started to chirp. So awesome to see in the middle of the day!

Liked by 1 person

Some videos were uploaded yesterday from Indonesia concert from 2011.

18 Production – Konser Musik Indonesia

81. mariebenesh said

Wow – those videos from Indonesia are amazing! That whole tour was fabulous. And such great production.

Looking forward to seeing David live – it’s been oh, about 5 years since the last concert I saw.

Marlie

Liked by 1 person

I agree, those videos are so good and love to see the love they give to him. The stage is neat with it being in kind of a circle and he can go out and around. 🙂 Thanks, Abs!

Fresh haircut for his Leo launch party.

Liked by 1 person

Love how this fan doubled tracked David’s IG story vocals.

Just got email that Leo is ready to download from iTunes!

84…I like the way his voice is double tracked but David always said he didn’t like the sound of his voice. But he loves to sing.

85…Still waiting on my email. Abs. 😦 If they go by the alphabet, I’m W and that’s at the end. 🙂

Jan
    Check your phone. There might be an alert on your home screen. I got that as well. The notifications go out simultaneously, so if its late you can blame your internet provider 😉

Whoo Hoo…got it! ♥♥

I got it on Amazon music. Listening to it now. ^_^

WOW! Can this guy get any better????? I love these songs, his voice, the lyrics, all of it. And we will be blessed with acoustic versions tonight!!!!!!!

I’m sorry I’m so behind in updating the posts just no time right now to focus! Soon though 🙂

So you guys tonight!

93. I’m not sure if this will post as it’s been a very long time since I’ve posted anything on a fan site. Situations and life circumstances bring about changes and new priorities. I just wanted to say I’m very, very impressed with David, his growth as an artist and his maturity, both personally and vocally. His EP’s are beautifully produced, Leo being my favorite of the two but as yet can’t decide which song is my favorite as they are all so good. I had the pleasure of attending one of his Christmas concerts last year with SandyBeaches, which reminded us of why we became fans of David almost ten years ago. We are hoping to attend one, maybe two shows on his tour if at all possible.

Liked by 3 people

David’s FB introducing his new songs on his new cd was a lot of fun. An hour and the time whizzed by. He explained what the last part of “I’m Ready” was about, which I was hoping because I didn’t understand what it was. He dedicated it to Ms. Schmidt, that was lost and passed away, because she helped him with it. It is David singing, but it doesn’t sound like him to me. All the songs are great and it was fun to see him just ad lib and be himself. His whole new album will be out on Oct 20, called Postcards in the Sky! It’s going to fun hearing all his new songs at the concerts. He is going back to the Phillipines, but didn’t say the date. He said there will be all kinds of concert dates announced soon. They are all booked, just not announced. 3 cheers for David! 🙂

Hoping to work…..

96. lynnella said

The last part of I’m Ready was sung by Annie Schmidt. She was the daughter of Jon Schmidt, who is one of the Piano Guys. He’s the one who plays the piano. She got lost on a hike by herself and they finally found her. I think she had fallen and died. It was very sad. She had helped David with the song, and he had a recording of her singing that last part and put it on the album to honor her.

Liked by 3 people

After David’s explanation, I thought it was her singing. Thanks so much for clearing it up for me, Lynnella. It was such a tragic loss.

Up all night!!! Lol

Listening to David’s Facebook live, again. I love all the songs on Leo!

Glad your post came through SF! The plans are in the works for one concert.

Lynnella, what a heartbreaking story and nice tribute from David.

Hope everyone stays dry in the path of Harry!

Thanks for posting the FB live video Jan!

I fell asleep watching the Weather Channel and missed it, DOH!

But I am grateful that I could watch today and save it.

Leo Launch FB LIve MP3, MP4 in Candy Jar

And JR made MP3’s of the songs from FB Live.

Liked by 3 people

David Archuleta Leo EP Release FB Live Launch Party 🦁Third Song Up: I'm Ready 💙by @davidarchie accompanied by the awesome @bradybills 👏🏼🎸 🎶Hold me just a minute, can you hold me just a minute now?…Ohhh hold me just a minute, hold me just a minute, can you?…I'm ready, I'm ready for a change, I'm not afraid to lose and leave it all behind…And I know that I can't see around the bend but if I let you in I know I'll be alright🎶His tribute to the late @annie2schmidt ❤️🙏🏼#davidarchuleta #acoustic #fblive #LeoEP #releaseparty #launchparty #studio #bradybills #guitarist #guitar #annieschmidt #acousticcover #livestudio #imready #nashville #tennessee #excited #piano #latepost #goodmorning #postcardsinthesky #comingsoon #Oct20 #staytuned #provo #utah #newtour #newmusic #newalbum #DA2017 🎉🎶💙🙌🏼🙏🏼

A post shared by Shanelle #DA2017 (@shanellearchie28) on

Facebookin live with David Archuleta @davidarchie check it out on David's FB page.

A post shared by Brady Bills (@bradybills) on

David Archuleta Leo EP Release FB Live Launch Party 🦁Fourth Song Up: Spotlight Down 💙by @davidarchie accompanied by the awesome @bradybills 👏🏼🎸 Thank you @isabeaumiller @shaunbalin & @camillenelsonmusic 🎉👌🏼 🎶I was running hard and fast on someone else's highway but that can't last…I was counting the days to singing solo songs that know my heart, This is where I start…I can't live a life on display, watching every move that I make, This world's not a stage, it's been remade…Scenes were moving too fast, waiting for the curtains to crash, I'm standing now, spotlight down…I'm on the mark, get ready set, I don't have all the answers yet🎶 #davidarchuleta #acoustic #fblive #LeoEP #releaseparty #launchparty #studio #bradybills #guitarist #guitar #acousticcover #livestudio #spotlightdown #nashville #tennessee #excited #piano #latepost #firstsong #goodmorning #postcardsinthesky #comingsoon #Oct20 #staytuned #provo #utah #newtour #newmusic #newalbum #DA2017 🎉🎶💙🙌🏼🙏🏼

A post shared by Shanelle #DA2017 (@shanellearchie28) on

David Archuleta Leo EP Release FB Live Launch Party 🦁Second Song Up: Other Things In Sight 💙by @davidarchie accompanied by the awesome @bradybills 👏🏼🎸 🎶All this breathing down my neck well it's gotta stop, Best be moving on, we're not getting anywhere like this…I'm not answering again so don't ask me why, try to justify what I know is right…Cause this is not your life, it's not your call to make this time…I just want a little more breeze, a little more ease, a little less people I can't please, Got other things in sight in mind…Give me a little more space, a little more faith, a little more room for my mistakes, Got other things in sight, I've got other things in sight in mind🎶 #davidarchuleta #acoustic #fblive #LeoEP #releaseparty #launchparty #studio #bradybills #guitarist #guitar #acousticcover #livestudio #otherthingsinsight #nashville #tennessee #excited #latepost #secondsong #goodmorning #postcardsinthesky #comingsoon #Oct20 #staytuned #provo #utah #newtour #newmusic #newalbum #DA2017 🎉🎶💙🙌🏼🙏🏼

A post shared by Shanelle #DA2017 (@shanellearchie28) on

David Archuleta Leo EP Release FB Live Launch Party 🦁First Song Up: Someone To Love 💙by @davidarchie accompanied by the awesome @bradybills 👏🏼🎸 🎶It feels like a deep breath, It feels like a good rest, When you come to find it's not all about you…I needed a jumpstart hooked up to this heart, I needed to wake up and breakout from this old point of view…Oooh oooh, can you see it now? Oooh oooh, look what I have found, You-ooh are someone to love…And oooh oooh, what a sweet surprise, Now-ow I realize that you-ooh are someone to love🎶 #davidarchuleta #acoustic #fblive #LeoEP #releaseparty #launchparty #studio #bradybills #guitarist #guitar #acousticcover #livestudio #someonetolove #nashville #tennessee #excited #latepost #firstsong #goodmorning #postcardsinthesky #comingsoon #Oct20 #staytuned #provo #utah #newtour #newmusic #newalbum #DA2017 🎉🎶💙🙌🏼🙏🏼

A post shared by Shanelle #DA2017 (@shanellearchie28) on

Liked by 1 person

Abs, you’re welcome and thanks for posting shanellearchie 28’s posts on each song. His FB Live was epic, just as he is! I wish I could go to sleep that easy! 🙂

Lynella, I was totally confused about the whole singing thing, but glad the ol’ brain finally got it! 🙂 It was a very heartfelt thing for David to do for her. I know she left a big void in a lot of people’s lives. So sad.

Good on David for supporting LGBTQ community. I am so glad he has spoken up on their behalf.

Amazing to see this, LoveLoud Fest going on in Utah Valley! The festival is to support and show love to the LGBTQ+ youth and community. So glad to see how far we've come here showing love to and accepting everyone regardless of their sexuality. Doesn't matter what makes someone different! I know there's been misunderstandings people have had on Mormon culture and the LGBTQ+ community, but we are all brothers and sisters y'all. If your neighbor is different from you, it doesn't mean you need to shun them. You can still build each other up even with differences in how you see things and the find common ground. Let's keep leaving the differences aside and build the unity because what makes you different doesn't make you any less-deserving to be loved, have a friend, and given strength to go through difficult things life has for all of us. @official_neontrees and my boys @imaginedragons are headlining and excited for them to hit the stage!

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

David gave a “shout out” and someone noticed 🙂

So proud of him.

103. Bluesky said

102 Abrra…
    DA – who at most times falls over (verbally) just commenting on the weather, writes up his comments here almost perfectly: with passion, love, and complete freedom of expression. That only happens when someone has thought it through many, many times… and said it much more than once. These are words from the heart.

This stands in sharp comparison to a lot I can read now days – where there is passion, but more a feeling of “reaction” than commentary. This is a model for those of us who wish to be heard but worry about being misunderstood. DA has been misunderstood so often already, and at such a young age, he has done his homework to understand himself, what he believes, and who he is.

May I greet adversity with the same determination and faith he has shown. To me, DA models the growth that can come when we decide it is worth it to understand ourselves, accept responsibility for our voice (talents), and look up from the battle to truly see the hearts of our fellow travelers. Often, what surprises me most is the sound of one heart beating.

Bluesky

Thanks for your comment. What he has written shows his true heart for sure. He came back in the wee hours of the morning to post this beautiful sermon-like post. He must have done a lot of thinking on the car ride home after the concert.

If someone isn't Christian like you, Muslim like you, or atheist like you, you can still find respect and love for each other. This is about knowing people can be loved and respected regardless of what you may or may not see eye to eye on. take time to understand them and listen. LoveLoud is about giving a voice and letting LGBTQ+ youth know that they belong. Too many people have taken their lives because they feel they don't belong, that they're misunderstood, and not loved because of what someone says is "different" about them and they believe they're not acceptable to keep living. Too often we think we can't love or respect because we don't agree on a belief or opinion. God heard (and hears) the prayers of the healthy and the leper, the poor and the publicans, prostitutes and beggars, Jews, gentile and Samaritans (along with the seemingly average typical citizen) and lifted them from where they were. He loved, respected, and spoke to everyone. Christ didn't teach conditional love. It is unconditional. His love has power to lift us and transform us. Whether you understand your neighbor's differences or not, look at the good and the light which exists in them because that's what we are each made from: God's light and power. There's more to each of us than one label. We were created by the same powerful almighty hands. This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing on differences, It's about respect even amongst differences. I want you to know that whoever you are, you have purpose, and you belong in this life. You are here to fulfill more than meets the eye. You are here to experience joy, to keep trying, to experience the pain and the heartache, to be a friend, to be grateful, and to search for truth and light. Each of us STILL plays a piece in this symphony of life and it's glorious. We all need a little help from our friends. We each need to feel loved and respected for what's within our heart and character. We all have equally been given this life because each of us has a loving Father in Heaven who gave us this chance. This life is about getting back up and giving it another shot. It's time to give the support you need to become all you are destined to be.

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

Liked by 2 people

Lovely edit by @lovelyarchies 🙂 is today’s puzzle.

Liked by 1 person

Abrra, rthanks for posting all these goodies. Andthese last David instagram posts have left me speechless. This is what I feel from him from the start. A feeling of acceptance to all, at vips, at concerts, at the fan luncheon, with his eyes, his smile, his gestures, the same for all. And now he’s put all into words! Beautifully, eloquently written, filled with love and passion for all humankind. I’m blown away yet again.

Bluesky, I love what said and the way you say it, thank you.

Abrra 😘

Liked by 1 person

Thank you for a perfect Sunday puzzle, Abrra!

Thank you all for the videos and pictures that have kept me updated this week. It’s been a week from way down ‘yonder and I hope to not have another one like it anytime too soon! Love you guys!!

Liked by 1 person

David was busy with IG stories at the concert. Thanks FOD for making the video for fans!

Liked by 2 people

104…I always said that if everyone was like David, this world would be so peaceful! Yes, this is always why we love him, other than his great voice.

Thanks, Abs, for the “Sunday go to meetin”” photo! 🙂

108…So good to hear David singing in the background on some of these songs and that he was having such a good time.

Listening to the Facebook live in the car, I love these songs all for different reasons and love how happy he is to be where he is at this point in his life. Going to listen a few more times ♥️

111. Bluesky said

DA….. thanks for singing along, making a “bad video”, recording a live performance, and just generally acting like a fan. ^_^

Now I know you will have more empathy with the rest of us. 💕❤️💕

Bluesky #111 — ♥♥ 🙂 ♥♥ 🙂

That face, that smile.

#113 … those eyes!!!!!

115. Kristin said

David sending love and thoughts to the people of Houston in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. Hope our TX Archies are staying safe!

So sad that Houston, my sister's home for the last year and a half, is going through so much. We are thinking of you and love you!— David Archuleta (@DavidArchie) August 28, 2017

116. michael kors watch rose Gold and White

David Archuleta ~ New Music! EP “LEO” Out August 25th! « The Voice David Archuleta

117. gladys1961 said

Thank you very much for the information you sent me. Maybe in the near future I’ll travel to Peru, for David’s concert. I’m finding out about airline tickets, hotel, etc (again on a trip to follow David.)

Gladys

I was so happy to see that DA Peru did a Spanish recap of David’s Facebook Live. I just had to let you know in case you missed the post.

Beautiful spot for a run!

A nightmare for a puzzle 😉

Liked by 1 person

I loved the puzzle! Thanks for sharing, Abs.

I love Leo too. Can’t quit playing it! ♥

Liked by 1 person

LEO reactions by these two.

David sees!

Live chat with archie’s!

Liked by 1 person

The puzzle today is compliments of BrendaS. Nice edit to promote David’s music.

124. Bluesky said

Thank you for your puzzle on such a busy weekend. There is so much going on in the world. ❤️

Thanks for the 2nd puzzle this week, Abs. We must have been very good! 🙂 It is very much appreciated.

Hope everyone has a safe Labor Day!

Loved the puzzle, thank you. I first found the teeth,and when I got that smile put together everything else just fell into place.

September! Yay! Excited for the Kamas concert. Want to see David singing all these new songs. I’m ready.

Thanks all 🙂 I really enjoy Brenda’s edits. She is talented!

Dayzee I’m not sure why, but this cracked me up 🙂

” I first found the teeth,and when I got that smile put together everything else just fell into place.”

My favorite song today is Other Things in Sight and my favorite line is “Got me curious who it is that you think your talking to”. I love sassy David.

Happy belated Labor Day!!!!

The teeth cracked me up lol!!!! Dayzee and her witty ways 🙂

Bluesky, love that Abrra faithfully graces us with a puzzle every week, Thank you Abrra.

I’m stuck in the Spotlight Down vortex. That husky velvety voice and I just love those lyrics, “I was counting the days To singing solo songs that know my heart”

Always love your comments, Dayzee!

Hoping to work: David’s going to Manila!

Not what I wanted but at least you can see it. Abrra, you’re good at fixing my goofs! 🙂

Oooo good choice Dja! I too love the “singing solo songs” phrase. Tonight I am smiling at “a little less people I can’t please”. Hahaha. And when he sings “Well ain’t this sumpthin” I think Yes! this is sumpthin! What a great bunch of songs he has given to us.

Jan……goin to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come. Party time coming up

Liked by 1 person

Whoo hoo, Dayzee, only 7 weeks and you’ll be on your way here! And the way time flies it’ll be here before we know it! 🙂

Today my favorite song is Someone to Love and my favorite part is at the end with all the OooOoo’s and David singing with David.

Dayzee, you sound like me, every day I have a different favorite. For some reason one of the songs keep running through my head, so that one is my favorite. Actually, when I ‘m listening to the songs, each one is my favorite as I listen to it. Love them all! ♥

The puzzle today is from a fan photo by Emily Wright. Up close and personal 🙂

Thanks Abs! and Emily Wright! Great puzzle showing a lot of love for David! ♥♥

Thoughts and prayers go out to all the hurricane victims. Just terrible. 😦

Love the pic chosen for today’s puzzle. I have seen him in this position many times. So many hands reaching for him and he has only two. I remember in Arizona a large crowd of fans were lined up along a fence that separated us from David’s touring bus. He ran the entire length of the fence and touched as many hands as possible. Several times I have seen him in danger of being pulled off the stage by grasping hands, but he keeps the smile and continues to give us contact. I think there could be easily a hundred people at the stage’s edge, two hundred arms. That must be quite a spectacle from his point of view. It would make me think twice about getting any where near those emotional people.

I have always wondered what goes through David’s mind when he comes to the edge of the stage to greet all the fans wanting to make a connection. No denying that there is much love and respect going both ways.

Today I am thankful that hurricane Irma was slowed down and the storm surge seems to be a lot less. I had some extended family who stayed in their house rather than leave. No word yet from them, but I think they will be ok.

Today in history will always be on my mind.

photo 9-11_Ribbon_full_zps76cee275.jpeg

Liked by 1 person

Hoping for the best for your family, Abrra.

Yes. This day 16 years ago changed our lives forever!

Dayzee, that was when we were among the emotional people when one of the girls next to us was trying to grab at his shirt and he was pulling away and fell into us. Poor guy, he gives so much of himself. Just have to love him!

I won’t ever forget 9-11 because it’s my birthday. I was here first, so I try and stay in a good mood. I usually celebrate for a couple of weeks and spread it out as different ones want to take me out to eat…other than family. Works For Me! 🙂 Had a nice one. My daughter planned a trip to Myrtle Beach and the hurricane messed that up. She changed it to go to the other side of Nashville being it was more inland. And the hurricane is messing that up too. But everything is in place and we will be going tomorrow, hoping that we won’t be in a complete washout!

9/11 Thanks Abrra.

Jans today is a bittersweet day, it’s also my daughters birthday. So we feel the sadness and anger of that horrible day but also celebrate my awesome daughter to the fullest.

So a happy birthday to you 😊

Happy Birthday to you Jan! 🙂

Happy Birthday to your daughter Djafan! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Thanks to FOD for capturing this crazy guy!

I wonder if David was the wedding singer ? 🙂

Este hombre fue mi compañero en Chile por 6 meses durante mi misión. Jorge y yo pasamos por muchas cosas juntos—Momentos difíciles y también momentos increíbles. Siempre me da mucho gusto poder ver a mis compañeros y amigos de la misión y repasar esos tiempos inolvidables. Felicidades amigo en tu casamiento! Que vaya muy bien para tí y para tu linda esposa en los siguientes pasos juntos! —————————————This guy and I were together for 6 months straight 24/7 as mission companions in Chile. Jorge and I went through a lot together during that time. Moments that were both rough and wonderful. It's always great seeing my companions from the mission and reminiscing on those unforgettable times. Congrats mi amigo on your marriage! All the best to you and your lovely wife as you take the next steps together in your future!

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on

Liked by 2 people

Thanks Abs and Dja and tell your daughter Happy birthday too! Nothing like leaving nice sunny KC and come down to the remnants of Irma! 🙂 But the trip was planned and couldn’t be changed again. A lot of drizzle the last few days but sun and blue skies today! It’s just good to get away a few days and see different places.

Aw, David and Jorge and his lovely bride. They look so handsome and grownup. It’s your turn now David! 🙂 That’s a good question, Abs!

A few months ago I seen where Jason Castro’s wife is having their 3rd girl. The other 2 are real cuties.

What a nice picture! Great that David is able to attend his friends wedding in Guadalajara, home of many of my family members.

And David’s spanish is beautifully written. Oh that spanish album is going to be exquisite, I just know it 🙂

The promo in Asia for October 20th has been insane! Can’t wait to see the videos of all the welcoming celebrations for David!

Thanks to fan @palrice8 for today’s puzzle image.

Some videos from yesterdays TOFW in Worcester, MA.

credit 8throwcenter

I’ll be putting mp3’s and mp4’s in the Candy Jar of these and more. I’ll post the link when I finish.

More from 8throwcenter!

Mp3’s and MP4’s in Candy Jar.

Liked by 2 people

David dancing at his friend’s wedding in Mexico.

151. Bluesky said

Great puzzle and videos!! Thanks Abrra! 😜😜

Bravo, Abs! Thanks for the Sunday puzzle and all the videos. So appreciated. I have totally run out of good adjectives to describe his awesome voice. So I won’t say how great he sounds this time! 🙂 He never fails!