July 2017
    « Jun   Aug »
    17181920212223

Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…

David Archuleta ~ The Troubadour Concert Experience, NO WORDS.

Posted by djafan on Sunday, July 23, 2017

I can’t believe it’s been a month since the Troubadour concert.  The memories are still so vivid, I can play the videos and it takes me right back to that night.  I’m so glad David’s Aunt Laurie convinced me to leave the balcony and experience the GA energy. The venue told me the balcony seats were on a first come basis, but told me not to worry there wouldn’t be a line for this concert, WHAT?! Well as you can see picture below there was quite the line and they looked a tad surprised.  After leaving the balcony I made it right to the front, I could reach out and touch his feet lol,  I have been to many many David concerts over the last 10 years and nothing had prepared me for the Troubadour.  David was singing the best I’d ever heard him sing and the energy in the entire place was alive, the electricity traveling back and forth from us to him and from him to us was unreal.  The look on his face every time we sang his new songs back to him, even I’m Ready one that he hasn’t released yet, the joy and love oozed out of him. The love fest at the end with all the high fives, the selfies, his reaching out so far almost falling into the crowd on several times.  David used all the arms reaching out to him for support leaning in, it was incredible.

I’ve included the limited videos I took, I just couldn’t stay still!  And a few pictures I took and some are Monica’s, thank you Monica!  Just look at those pictures, watch the videos, not the best quality but you can FEEL it all.  I’m so ready to do this again!!!

Up All Night and David became one on this night.  I had seen all the videos and there was something missing, but wow did he kick it out of the stratosphere, “moving” and all like he calls it.  I’m highlight it here.

Say Me slayed me.  I’m so happy David added it back to the set list, gut wrenching, and that voice just wow!

I kept my phone on David during the guitar solo and when he joins in, hold on to your seats!

59 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ The Troubadour Concert Experience, NO WORDS.”

1. Jenny said

Awesome DJA! Great recap!
    I had so much fun w u!
    Troubadour was unreal!

Liked by 2 people

Great recap Dja! It just never gets old …. reading about others’ David experiences!! The energy in this concert comes thru in the videos, and even the still shots! Love it!!

What was that about not expecting the lines to be long?!! Really!!? They had a new experience didn’t they!! NEVER, EVER underestimate the power of @DavidArchie fans …. we will be there in throngs! 🙂

‘Say Me’ is such an amazing song. I need to find the lyrics to it.

3. mlpb3 said

Djafan – Great recap! I had to sit in a balcony at a GA concert back in the day and you really don’t get everything out of it. My daughter was at the troubadour and said it was quite electric. She goes there often for concerts and said the crowd was super responsive and also respectful when he spoke. That part surprised her for the troubadour. She said usually when an artist starts talking it does not get quiet. She took a non-fan who immediately posted videos of the concert on his social media. He was quite surprised. I think David particularly loved this concert and venue because of the crowd response and the fact that there was somewhat of a different vibe to this crowd than any of the others he has performed in front of. Los Angeles and especially West Hollywood is a unique area and he could draw the crowd with the best of them. So happy you went and were able to experience this epic concert. ❤ Martha

4. clairerolfe35 said

Dja, thank you thank you!! Great pics and great videos. Having read your recap I feel like I’ve just been to another David concert. That version of Say Me was by far the best ever for me. The love from the audience is palpable. Even when you can’t see them, you can feel them as being part of the performance.

The video showing the end of the show was epic. Watching the security fellow trying to keep David from falling off the stage was hilarious. And when David left I see you continuing to record. Always hoping he will return. And even though floating in the euphoria of time spent with David you still feel that tug of emotion when you realize it is over. Noticed Fuji is still the bottle of choice.

5. TOfan said

{{{{{DJ}}}}} I was waiting for you to come up for air! LOL

What an epic show to be at, you could feel the wild energy & love right through the vids, I can only imagine what it was like to be right there! Wow!

Liked by 1 person

Thanks to David and his furry friend for today’s puzzle.

Liked by 3 people

Thank you Dja for your great recap! Always love hearing them, reliving the good times! Awesome photos and videos! ♥

Thanks, Abs for the puzzle this week. David is such an avid animal lover and is so good with them.

KC has had 3 super bad storms the last few weeks and I have been lucky to not have any damage…til this time. No tornadoes were forecast, so it had to be a “miroburst”. So many are still without power but mine is on now. Still have a tree limb hanging in the wires but they have to get the power on for everyone first. I will get a hold of my home insurance tomorrow and hope they insure more than “fire eating dragons”! 🙂

8. Bluesky said

Dja, I agree. Say Me has been my fav since I first heard it. I feel it is the message we all need to hear, “say me” when it comes to who will speak, who will try, who will stand, even if it is just in a quiet way in a place or room no one would know of, or a time we might think we can’t make a difference. Being true to who we are, the best within us, is always going to stretch us in unexpected ways.
    For me, the inner journey always seems a steeper climb than the outer. I really love this song.

Thanks, all you guys! Be safe from the storms.
    Bluesky

9. Bluesky said

Thank you for your puzzle, Abrra! I really like his smile here! He looks so relaxed….^_^

10. TaterZen said

Loved your recap, dja!

The vibe was something else at that concert; and I think you are right about the live version of “Up All Night.” The singing is always stellar, but David really turned the corner on that song at the Troubadour. Electric. Amazing how he just keeps getting better. So glad you were able to go. Thank you for sharing your experience and the videos with us!

Djafan,

Thank you for writing such a compelling recap where it felt like we were part of the GA. Seeing the pictures and videos through your eyes was a real treat; you captured something different than others I’ve seen. Most stop filming as soon as David finishes singing. But those few seconds where you linger just a little bit longer, allows us to see more, capturing the rawness of the moment. Such a thrill for those of us who have yet to see him in concert on this tour. It was sure worth the wait!

I hope my concert experience is as mesmerizing as your’s was at The Troubadour.

12. oliveoil said

Thank you so much for your awesome recap of David’s shows. Next best thing to being there. The Troubador concert was something special. I could literally feel the electricity between David and the audience as I watched the videos. In my opinion the songs from Orion are the best things he’s ever done. I never get tired of listening to them. So excited to hear what he is sending our way next !!

Hi Jenny! Thank you! It was amazing for sure, we have to do it again, maybe Nashville will be a stop this time around!

Hi Tawna! Thank you so much. Nope, I relive it daily through videos and everything everyone is great about sharing. That woman, I should send her the link lol

Here you go, Say Me lyrics.
    “Say Me”

To each his own, given his own time
    Speak for yourself, I speak for mine
    Try to bring each other to the light we need

When the whole world has left you behind, the temperature has dropped inside
    You need to know who’s gonna find, say me

To say me

To say me
    Say me

Does your heart need reminding the answers to questions
    You lay beside when all you wanna do is fall asleep

Everyone starts to question why
    Sees the rust where I see shine
    You need someone to take aside
    Say me

To say me

To say me

The sooner we start this life living as we’re loved
    Just put it behind us to see what we’ll become

The sooner we start this life
    Living as we’re loved

To say me

To say me

To say me

To say me

Liked by 1 person

Hi Martha! Thank you! It’s so easy to talk about David. Glad to hear your daughter enjoyed the Troubadour, the electricity made the hair on your arms stand on end! The closest I’ve come to this type of energy was at the Glass House in Pomona but even that doesn’t compare. David is on a whole other level and what a diverse crowd at the Troubadour. The vibe was different and you could see David feed off of the energy, song after song, need more! Lol. I’m so glad I took the advice to join the crowd downstairs. ((hugs))

Hola Dayzee! Aww thank you! My picture and video taking are not the best but darn I can “feel them” So glad can too! “Euphoria” that is a great word for what was going on that night! I still feel the tug!

TOfan, I was hoping you’d sneak up on me in line like times past! Everyone needs a small venue GA David concert and just let loose and he reciprocates 10 fold!

Hi Jans! I’m more of the techie type so when people like what I write it’s a real treat  And so sorry about the weather damage, hope it gets resolved real quick. ((hugs))

Hi Bluesky! Say Me, yes, I love the message, I feel his message, so genuine and heartfelt, incredible. So glad he added it back to the setlist.

Hello Taterzen! It took me a little while but I had to share, I’m still not over it, the vibe, the electricity, the love, oh my gosh! Up All Night came together that night, musically and physically, just wow!

Hola Bebe! I’m glad you could see and feel what I was hoping all would. David is back and some. I can’t wait for you to have your turn, I know its coming! And thank you Bebe ((hugs))

Hi Oliveoil! Aww thank you! It was special indeed. Orion has my heart and I listen daily. The anticipation of the new EP after Orion has me over the top excited!

Abrra, thank you for the weekly puzzle! Nice one!

I wan’t to thank you all for taking the time to comment, it’s nice to open the page and see you all 🙂 I’ve been so sporadic this last bit in my posting but boy this retirement decision has me busier than ever! I sure didn’t expect it lol. Just a couple more months!

So y’all get ready for more, soon…hahahaha… it’s coming, it’s coming 🙂

Liked by 2 people

David!

A snippet!

Liked by 2 people

Sighting.

I still can't believe this night happened. @davidarchie you are my favorite human being.

A post shared by Danyelle Wright (@danyellewright) on

Love this! Thank you Jenny for the VIP questions!

Liked by 2 people

Dja, I love the words to Say Me too! It blows my mind the way David can write such meaningful songs! I love your photos so much, they remind me a lot of mine. They may not be perfect, but I each one has my feelings attached to it! ♥

Every time I think of you, I think of your sweet, sweet smile. It has always been a treat to meet you at the different venues. Hoping that maybe we can all meet at Nashville too! That would be awesome.

Liked by 1 person

Hey there Jans! It’s all about the feelings 🙂 You’re so sweet, thank you. Yes hoping for more announcements soon!

I hadn’t seen this one from the Troubadour. This girl has over 45,000 followers on instagram so got me curious lol She appears on music videos(hmm), models(more hmm), and doing baby vlogs of her pregnancy, and she thinks David is an angel 🙂

@davidarchie 😇

A post shared by Amanda Jayne Carrera 👑 (@amandacarrera) on

Liked by 1 person

David keeps affirming my commitment to be his fan for life.

Liked by 1 person

He is the best! So happy for Linda. She has been really sick; going through a lot. 😦 We shared a room the time we were in Utah when he made his “announcement” at his Christmas concert. He sent my granddaughter a birthday card cause they both have birthdays on the 28th! ♥ But her birthday is in January. I have other gr daughters on the 9-28 and 11-28 so he sent Angie’s to her because at the time that was the next one coming up. We were real surprised, but he is the best so why not! 🙂 ♥

🙂

He's a good one to have around. 👌

A post shared by Jazzy Archuleta (@jahzey) on

Djafan

Thanks for your recap 🙂 It struck me that David has appeared on some historical entertainment stages such as Star Search, American Idol and The Troubador. The smallest one among them being the latter, yet he gave the BEST performances of his career in that tiny venue. Happy for you and all the others who were there to bear witness.

Today’s puzzle is compliments of David’s IG.

Thanks, Abs for the great Sunday puzzle even though I didn’t get it done til Monday! 🙂

Cuties…David and sister Jazzy!!

Hey Abrra! Thank you for the weekly puzzle! Love them!

There was just something extra from him, I just know it was a reaction to the audience love fest. There are those concerts that a few of us will always stand and dance and lots that don’t, and David puts on an amazing show. St George has been a blast every time but just a spark I saw from him, his smile, his eyes, his dancing, all of it just really got into the moment, it was incredible.

Here’ Monica’s video of Up All Night. Just watch his smile when we all start singing with him, pure love 🙂

Loving these fan edits!

Liked by 3 people

Today is Crush release anniversary. The views for this video don’t stop.

Last weeks views 205,282. This weeks views 194,309. Not to shabby. And if you want to David to increase his earning opportunity via video viewing make sure to watch the add, click on the add, and rate the add. It increases his earning potential, just so you know. Lets view 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Fen fan alert! Rumor has it that David and Kari are going to Hong Kong today!

IG’s from last night.
    The only Delta flight delayed is to Hong Kong.

Delayed! I guess our next adventure will have to wait a few! #whereintheworld

A post shared by Kari Sellards (@karisellards) on

I’ll just leave this here.

Liked by 1 person

Pizza was being distributed at Gate S8 and the board showed the delayed flight out that gate was bound for Hong Kong. So it does look like he’s going there.

But, Abrra, I am 3 hours 50 minutes due south as the plane flies. Still, I’ll shout a hip hip hooray for being in the same time zone!

Liked by 3 people

If you plan on welcoming him at the airport, Delta flight #39 will arrive at Hong Kong International Airport, gate 68 at 9pm HK time, 3 August.
    I suppose I should be able to make it there with time to spare if I take the first flight out of here in the morning. Or I could hop on the early afternoon flight.🤔✈

Liked by 2 people

Hong Kong?? Wonder wonder lol

Fenfan, How far from you??? I think Papa Johns is in order today 🙂

David also had a little twitter party!!!

Liked by 2 people

And instagram singing!

#36 I am a “Say Me” fan. …. Just “saying'” heh, heh. ^_^

Hello new desktop!

The photo is being used in a promotion for the Nov 18th concert at Idaho State University Stephens Performing Arts Center

Liked by 1 person

#45 ….. Well, hello there!! Wow!!! That man!!! I’m at a loss for words!!

David does a nice job of interviewing his mom for this promo video for her performing arts school. Listen for her to mention Hong Kong. LOL I thought he might flinch, but he was cool.

Liked by 1 person

#48 …. and that’s when I decide I’m not supposed to be on that flight and turn around and walk away!!! #shiversupmyspine

Tawna
    Agree. Sometimes the universe is speaking and one must listen.

The watch cat is on duty at the top right sidebar, He will stay until David and Kari return from their trip.

Nice!

Liked by 1 person

Ok last one, honest 🙂 Love the fan edits!

This is what was in the link. Nice job coloring 🙂

photo 96db070c-b700-4c43-aef6-e69405a8bdf1_zpse0nteqbh.jpg

IG Story. The man can’t sleep.

Liked by 2 people

Have we ever found out what David and Kari are doing in Hong Kong?

#53 Actually that’s normal for me – sleep at 3am and wake at 9am. 😊
    I really want to know what he’s doing in HK besides eating some super yummy stuff.

Liked by 2 people

Fenfan

What I gather from his IG story is that he was awake “up all night” from 3am to 9 am. He is suffering from the time change. Guess he will be doing something on the weekend.

My guess is he is going to visit the adoption agency or doing a benefit for them.

57. Kristin said

NEW EP COMING!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!!!

(runs off jumping off the walls)

58. Kristin said

Weird I had include media checked…don’t know why it keeps doing that. Sorry guys!

Admin Abrra I fixed it, no worries 🙂

From David’s IG

Hey everyone! Excited to share that the next EP "Leo" will be coming August 25th! 😱 #Leo #newmusic

A post shared by David Archuleta (@davidarchie) on