• Follow The Voice David Archuleta on

April 2016
    « Mar   May »

tawna21 on YOU ARE A WHOLE NEW FEELING~Da…

• Click on picture to buy “Postcards In The Sky” on itunes

• Click the picture to buy “Leo EP” on iTunes

• Click the picture to buy “No Matter How Far” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy ” BEGIN.” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy “The Other Side of Down” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy “Chords of Strength” at

• Click the picture to buy “David Archuleta Deluxe Version” at

• Click the picture to buy “Christmas From The Heart” By David Archuleta at

• Advertisements

Jan’s recaps: 3 David Archuleta concerts in 4 days!

Posted by bebereader on Sunday, April 3, 2016

CeduXxkWQAAuxGtcredit: Shelley
     “There he is!”  I was checking my phone for any David news as we were going into Richfield.  “He’s on the same highway that we are on, Dayzee!”  Sure enough after winding around a few roads, there were the same signs that were in David’s Instagram!  We are here!  Later there was more excitement to see him walk out on that stage with his big smile and waving.  Oh, the yelling, clapping, standing ovations; he had them all!
Like I’ve said, the whole world needs to hear that voice. It’s just something special to see him live…he has that “light”.  Got to meet up with Shawna and Patty again.  Hadn’t seen them since Motab. The big surprise was when Nathan came out and sang “The Prayer” with David.
credit: 8throwcenter
 OMGosh, I never, ever thought I would get to see that live.  At the end, David had a little girl come on stage while he sang “Glorious”.
jan1credit: Jan
When leaving, I saw a bottle on stage and went down and got it with the help of a stage hand.  Thought I had a David bottle, but when I watched the video of them singing “The Prayer”, it shows Nathan taking a drink and sitting the bottle right down where I picked it up…so…it was Nathan’s water bottle and not David’s!  😉  well, he’s second best!  LOL
On to Queen’s Creek – 1st concert
     There was an early dinner at Olive Garden before the concert where we met up with Kalei and her bunch.  It was Linda’s birthday and she was surprised to find out that she was going to meet David in person!  Awesome!
Dayzee’s and my seats were apart and I got to sit between some “fuddy duddies”!  *~X( at wits' end  No arm swinging with lighted cameras, no singing and swaying!  They might not have been in the swing of things, but it didn’t stop me!  haha.  The 3 on my right left when David left the stage.
What?  no encore??  How can anyone leave with David on fire!!!  But of course there was one!  It left me on a high all night!  He was so good!
 IMG_0095 credit: Jan
Queen’s Creek – 2nd concert
     Gwen couldn’t make it, so Dayzee sat in her seat and Dayzee’s seat went to Victoria!  I sat next to SuzyQ and it was good to see her again.  Got to meet Pat and Sweetonda, Tawna and hubby, DJAfan and more.
After hearing “7 Years” live 3 times in a row, I give in!  David puts his all in that song, he is incredible! There is nothing like David feeding off the electric frenzy of the fans.  I felt like a teenager again!  It is with love that I listened to his little speeches before his songs that gives messages on him staying in music.  Don’t ever quit singing David!
 It was the night before Easter and I was hoping David would sing something special and he did!  It was beautiful.
credit 8throwcenter

It was so new to him he read the words from his phone and sang it perfectly.  Feeling it in his heart, he was breaking down at the end as we all were.  Thank you David, you never let us down!

What a joyous trip! It wouldn’t have happened without the super nice Dayzee doing all the driving!   😀

40 Responses to “Jan’s recaps: 3 David Archuleta concerts in 4 days!”

Jan, it was so much fun to see you again and do some hanging out with you and Dayzee! David really does pull us into his pretty little web when he sings. I just don’t know how anyone can sit during one of his concerts and not be completely caught up in his spirit. Oh well, their loss!!! It always leaves me with my thoughts swirling and wondering what just happened!?! 😀

2. Victoria Park said

I can’t thank you and Dayzee enough for my wonderful seat!
    It was great and it was so fun talking to you two!
    I love that you grabbed the water bottle. What would you do with David’s bottle?

3. Suzy-Q said

During the second night’s performance at Queen’s Creek, David came to the mic ready to tell another story when he started it with, “You’re all thinking, Shut Up, David and just sing.” That was so funny of him.

Great write up Jan. It was so much fun to spend that time with you and David. If I have to live in my car for a week, no better person than Jan to share it with. We do have opposing time schedules. When in a motel room I am up at 6 am trying to be quiet for Jan, and Jan is up at midnight trying to be quiet for me. Somehow it works for us.

Good to see Victoria here. She often comes to the concerts and lunches by herself, but always has many David friends. An awesome fan.

Suzy, I remember him saying that, and then later at the beginning of a talk session said, “Story time again” kind of under his breath. When did this inarticulate teenager become a motivational speaker? I love that he wants to share his heart with us, both musically and with speech. When he was still on AI someone asked him if he spoke Spanish and he answered that he could barely speak English. I felt that with each performance he was more and more clear in giving us his ideas.

I came here this morning and it was too early for Abrra’s puzzle gift. I was so happy to figure out I had not done last week’s, being on the road at the time. Yay! Sorry to hear you have been under the weather Abs. It is so delightful to go to Unplugged and see the newest performances. Really appreciate you getting them up so quickly. Even though I have been sitting right there watching David, there are always things I miss until I see them on video. In fact, even after I have seen them on video I am still seeing new things as I watch the zillionth time.

For anyone who missed this,
    Here is yesterday’s Sunday puzzle. Casual David.

Abrra, thank you for the casual Sunday puzzle. I was so casual in doing it that it took me longer than it should have… :).

Jan! It so fun seeing you again and actually spending time together!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it’s like reliving the concerts. And you got three in a row!

I love recaps 🙂

Interesting tweet from Kari….hmmmmmmm

Thanks Bebe for posting my recap! Every concert that I go to has been special in their own way! Wish I could go to every one like Dayzee does! lol 🙂

It was really great getting to meet up with you, Tawna and seeing your husband again! You guys are the best! Here’s hoping for more fun times at future concerts! 🙂

Victoria, it was our pleasure getting to trade the seats. Thanks to Gwen that couldn’t come…but she was glad that things worked out well! Getting a David water bottle is just getting a great souvenir! 🙂

Suzy, I remember him saying that. Hearing him rambling is just the best isn’t it???

Dayzee, thanks for all the good things you have said. You are such a great traveling companion! Can’t believe I’ve been home almost a week already. And kudos to your son and his wife for letting me hang with them for 3 or 4 days! They are super nice people! ♥ I got my earrings in the mail today along with a beautiful turquoise necklace! That is so sweet of you! Thanks so much! I had left a pair of earrings at her house and she sent them back to me with an added bonus! Awesome!!!!

Dja, it’s always good to see you again! Who would have guessed we would still be meeting at concerts after meeting at the Constitution Fair in AZ 5 years ago! Here’s to another 20 years! lol 🙂 Wonder what Kari means????? Sounds like maybe David will be at the AI finale! Hope so!!!

Abrra, I finally got to work last weeks puzzle and then done yesterdays! Always fun stuff! Thanks for posting and thinking about all of us.

I would have commented earlier but had company all day and just got to my computer. Love to you all!

Hi Victoria!

It was nice meeting you. And so cool that you got to sit up front! It does make a difference I have to admit.

Seems there are lots a David fans responding 🙂

A blog about David’s Arizona concert.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Great David mention FROM BILLBOARD!

‘American Idol’ Auditions: A Look Back on the Best As ‘Idol’ Enters Its Final Season

It’s hard to believe, but tonight (Jan. 6) American Idol will air the first episode of its very last auditions.

That’s a big deal, because auditions are where the journey begins — or ends — for every Idol contestant. Who can forget the first time Carrie Underwood walked into that audition room? Or Chris Daughtry (Simon Cowell said “no” if you can believe it!)? Or Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks and Adam Lambert?

In honor of American Idol’s final auditions, Idol Worship decided to take a look back on the auditions (in no particular order) of the artists who got their start on the Fox show. Enjoy this blast from the past as the series enters its last year.

“David Archuleta overcame vocal paralysis to make his way to the Season 7 Idol auditions. He was just 16 when he sang “Waiting on the World to Change” by John Mayer (with a little help from Randy Jackson). “I want to squish you!” said Paula Abdul. Archie made it all the way to runner-up. and continues to make great music. Check out “The Prayer” , which was released for Christmas last December.”

Here’s link if you want to see the rest.

Cartermatt REALITY TV
    American Idol’ series finale: Josh Gracin won’t be attending; David Archuleta status still a mystery

“There are a few other notable omissions out there from the announced performers. David Archuleta is one of the biggest ones for us, given how big a sensation he was during season 7 and in the months that followed it.”

AI responded to Gwen!

14. TOfan said

Jan, loved your recap!

And Victoria Park, are you the same Victoria Park who lives in Toronto? If so, *waves*!

Lovin’ that blog from ‘thebuhrs’! She’s got it figured out, and it sounds like her baby does too….. needs David to sing ‘Glorious’ to settle his tummy down! 🙂

Happy pictures! 😀

Isle seat, row “D”. Now THAT makes a good picture. Hope he keeps it! I would love to see/hear him one more time on Idol. Will we get the chance?

Peeps: I have been so snowed with work stuff getting ready for all my spring, summer trips. *_* Not a lot of time to come and read and comment.

Jans!!! Thanks so much for your recap!! Lovely, lovely, lady. Just the thought of you and Dayzee together makes me smile and smile.

Okay… he is there!!! Will he be heard? Will we ……… *_*

With my luck it will happen while I am on a plane. ^_^

(Of course it is “dressing room 1”)

DA finally gets the #1 spot!!

OOOhh, I am so happy that David is there at the finale. Just knew he had to be there with him being a major part of AI! Now we’ll just have to wait and see to what extent he will take part in the festivities. Sing David sing!!!!!!! 🙂 Solo will be best, but a duet, or a group song is ok…I just want him to sing on national tv!!!

14 Thanks, TOfan. 🙂

22 and 23 Bluesky, I was just going to say what you did. David sitting in Row D and he is in Dressing room #1! Yep, they’re finally getting it right!! 🙂 Hope you get to see him, but I’m sure there will be photos to see! And videos!

Cori Fox.

Digital Team at American Idol. Script Coordinator, LA based. But more importantly… I love 1D and exploring this world. Tweets are my own… DUH.

I’m beyond spazzing!!!!! This is great! And David looks excited too!. Love the his pictures with Jordin and that he was geeking out!

“My Twitter timeline exploded Tuesday night when Season 7 standout David Archuleta posted a photo of himself backstage at the Idol studio. Eight years after he graced the Idol stage, that young man still has an incredibly loyal fan base. No word yet on whether he’ll be performing.”

AI said back on stage so who knows what this means but so happy David’s there!

And MJ????!!!!!! She was on a role!

Here is a puzzle to keep you busy until tonight’s AI part 1 of the finale. Thanks to Pocoelsy for her collage of David’s backstage pics.

AI said “PERFORM”!!!

I’m guessing….. David’s management and booking agency very possibly had a say as to whether he would perform or not on the AI Finale. Just my thoughts.

“David Archuleta was unavailable and then he called up two days ago and said he could come and be in the opening. ”

Abrra, #34….. an interesting article

Yes. I thought it was good background info.

Brooke White and Jason Castro and family had a meet up.

A good 'ol flash photo with these good 'ol friends last night at the hotel Cafe. Love this family, and Seriously it was such a giant treat for my ears to listen to these siblings sing in pitch perfect harmony. It was insane actually… The vocals, the songs, the lyrics! SO impressed, @castrotheband is legit! I've been a huge fan of @jasoncastromusic since we were on #Idol years ago, but all three of them are SO good… Also they all started singing and writing pretty late in life. So there's that! And it's too bad that they're just not that attractive 😉🙄 #beautifulandtalented #Solidgenepool If you want to listen to some of their perfect set I took a lot of videos on Snapchat. And just a heads up, there's also lots of thoughts and feelings mixed in there about being uninvited in different life situations and just dealin with it 🤓 (cue Alanis)! 👻realbrookewhite #hotelcafe #castrotheband #americanidol

A post shared by Brooke White (@realbrookewhite) on

Thanks for the midweek puzzle, Abs and Pocoelsy! Very cute indeed!

Well, David says he’s not singing and Nigel says he is. Sounds as if he might be group singing in the first few minutes…hope so anyway. Just to see him on stage is exciting. I want everyone to see him again so they know he is still around! 🙂

I need to document this first in my life, right here.

My daughter just came in my room and asked me if David was going to sing tonight on American Idol. I explained that he was late to accept and so he will join others on stage and will not sing solo.

S>T>U>N>N>E>D>!!! In all 8 years she has never brought him up. Despite all my yammering about him and putting up tour posters all over my room.

Baby steps.