October 2015
    « Sep   Nov »
    19202122232425

Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Invincible L…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Invincible L…
    stewarts medical sch… on David Archuleta ~ Wait, Wait,…
    tawna21 on David Archuleta ~ Invincible L…

Dayzee’s recap: A Slice of Heaven, courtesy of David Archuleta

Posted by bebereader on Saturday, October 10, 2015

BYUnowcredit BYUNOW

It was a perfect Thursday night at The Marriott Center for the BYU Spectacular. The weather was just right. The sun was setting with a beautiful view from the large wrap-around windows. I arrived early. Really early.

David started with “Crush”, establishing who he was in case anyone had forgotten. Then it was “Imagine”. His voice was so pure and sweet. The entire audience was motionless. I found I was holding my breath. No one wanted to intrude in any way on the magic of that song. Afterward David said that song was special to him because when he sang it on American Idol, it taught him you could connect with the audience without bouncing around and waving your arms.

The Women’s Chorus sang two songs, then David was to join them in the third. From my seat I could see David standing in the shadows, separating himself from the applause for the chorus.  When he took the stage, the applause increased and he turned and acknowledged the chorus, as if they were the star. “Nunca Pense” was the song he sang with them and he showed off his foot work. My head was constantly bobbing. If I looked down I could see the whole David, footwork and all, but if I looked up to the jumbo screen I could see his immense face full of emotion.

When he sang “Parachutes and Airplanes” the audience lit a thousand cell phones for David, some stood, some danced. It was sort of like “Zero Gravity” used to be without the frenzy.

credit ShelleyFOD

“Everybody Hurts” began with David at the back behind the dancers. Then he wandered among them and finished at the front. Remember the picture of David where he held all the ribbons attached to our hearts?

recently-updated4-005Credit Angelica

It was like he grabbed those ribbons and ripped our hearts right out of us. From the beginning to end he wrang our hearts and thoughts and emotions. He walked off the stage and left us stunned and gasping. One of his best performances ever.

73 Responses to “Dayzee’s recap: A Slice of Heaven, courtesy of David Archuleta”

Dayzee

Thanks so much for your recap. You are such a great fan 🙂

Last night
    credit ShelleyFOD

Read Shelley’s comments on Twitter about the concert here: https://twitter.com/Shell_eeeyyy/media

From 8throwcenter

More to come as she uploads them 🙂

Kaycee
    From the last thread your comment is most appreciated. We do our best for the fans and David too 🙂

Dayzee, I love your recap! You are spot on!

I am glad someone mentioned the sound system. It evidently was better the second night than the first. Although not to bad, it did compete from time to time. DA mentioned it, he said it sounded like “flying saucers”.

Everyone was impressed. DA just gets better. He does it because he is gifted, yes. But also be use he is carried. And he knows it. His dream is to deliver a message, the message of whatever song he sings. He mentioned this years ago before he sang Heaven on AI.

When he sings with passion, from his heart, he reaches that place where he simply soars. He carries the song, the songs carries him, and we – like little boats on the shore – simply rise and fall with the motion, in unison, brought home somehow safely by the tide.

It is always new. Like magic.

While people are being grateful, I just want to add my thanks as well. You intrepid ones that somehow manage in your busy lives to go each night, to film, to comment and to share. I am blessed by your efforts.

I hope sometime I can put my feelings into words.

Thank you Abrra, Djafan, and Bebereader. You are true “big hearts”. May your every wish come true.

yay!!!! “I love you Dayzeeeee!!”

“Then came some singing and dancing with no David. I did see the dancers. When David left the stage it was easy to find them.”
    hahaha well I must say, they were on that stage with him alot!
    love the big screen closeups..but here and there, occasionally seeing a body or bodies whiz by…. legs, arms, flailing ,people being hoisted into the air running around the stage.. funny, how no interpretation needed with David singing the story for us.♥

Everybody Hurts,just hurts so good! that last video you posted abs,!
    gahhhhhhhh!!!!!! to the floor hunkerdown and that little thing he did…eek want to say the Squiglypigwigglythingy wiggle thing he does around 4.25 what was that???! I liked it alot.

Hes like a musical magician-doctor. He just rips your heart out and tears it into a million little pieces and then carefully puts it back together better than it was before.I want to be a lifetime patient. I love him.

#bestsingerinthewholewideworld♥

Sky
    /points up to top left sidebar. 🙂

Kaycee!!!! So glad to see you! It’s a labor of love for the fans, David, and us ❤️ We’ll keep plugging along for as long as we can. Thank you all who comment and those who lurk 👏

Dayzee, thank you for sharing your experience. You’ve transported me to BYU with all the David love. And that voice?! Unreal. How many more days??? Lol

Bluesky & Skydancer,

I wish I could express myself like you to do! I’m soooo blown away by his performances, I keep replaying them all I find them all spinning in my head.

Thank you, Dayzee. Your recap could be dittoed for Friday night! It was just so out of this world!

And, it was so fun to sit by you. Yes, Abrra, Dayzee is a true fan. We both arrived mega early and had to spend quite a lot of time outside waiting for the doors to open, so we got to do lots of chatting (my hubby chatted her ear off I think). It was so hard for her, because she just really wanted to tell me all about Thursday night, but didn’t want to spoil it for me to see it first. You’ve just got to love friends that are like that! 🙂

When the lights dimmed for Everybody Hurts, I thought she was going to pass out. I didn’t know what was coming and she did. She gasped and held her heart. I must have had a worried look on my face when I turned to look at her. She couldn’t even speak so she just nodded her head toward the stage. About that time the music started and I fully understood where she was coming from, and where I was headed.

In total honesty, I have to say that Crush has not been on my favorites list. There has just been something about it that I didn’t really care about. I’ve never been able to pin down what it is. I listen to it when it comes on the radio, but it just doesn’t rock my world. That is until last night!!! Holy Toledo! He put the nails right where they needed to be to bring Crush to a different level for me. My goodness! he re-invented that song somehow!

The whole show was spectacular and the way David brought it all together was awesome! I need to see a video of the entire show and maybe I could focus on what was going on besides David. I’m sure it was probably good. The crowd was great! It was so wonderful to see and hear all the love that was issued to David. It was fun for me to see and hear Synthesis. I’ve always wondered what this group is all about. Many years ago, David’s dad and Kurt Bestor were a part of this group when they attended BYU.

Sky, your quote on the sidebar is perfect-o!! That’s exactly what he is and what he does. ♥ And yes, that hunkerdown to the stage and the shimmy moves… no words! You could just see and feel every ounce of soul that David was bringing to the surface. That’s part of what Dayzee was trying to warn me about as the song was starting.

Bluesky, one of these concerts, we will be at together. It needs to happen! There is an article that I read on FB that came from FOD that sounds like something that you could have written. It’s beautiful. Could that be you?

I want everybody to be able to see the new David live. They need to. He is a true light. I’m hoping that his booking agency and management are working feverishly to that end.

I’m going to repeat the love for our admins. You ladies are theee best and I hope you can all feel our love for you. ♥♥ (wow! this got long…. sorry)

Tawna! *waves*

No, that is not me. I have not been able to write much these last several months. Partly due to …… issues! And partly due to work. And the thing I can’t explain is the connection between Layton, now, and DAs “love” for his fans. Maybe, someday.

I am with you on Crush. Honestly? I never was much of a fan of that song. (I like PAA better!) But DA can make everything better—- as you say, he did! He took it to a whole new place. I could actually enjoy it. (I just pretended that I had never heard it before and that it was a new song.) My son, who came with me – who introduced me to DA, he likes Crush just fine. Must be just me. (you rescued me, Tawna!)

I do like some Pop music. Some I like a lot. For me, Crush is just not his song – don’t get me wrong – he OWNES it!!! It is and always will be his. No one else could ever do it justice. It is like….hummmmm. Kind of like he is James Bond and is driving a tricycle. (Hey, his middle name IS James… it could happen!)

“DA slays them in the aisles. One smile and they drop their guns. One note and they go unconscious.”
    As per your story about Dayzee: I rest my case.

love you guys!!
    bluesky

Dayzee,
    Thanks so much for the awesome recap! I guess because I’ve not been lucky enough to see him live (YET) I’ve always loved hearing accounts from those who attend. You had me sighing, contemplating the beauty of that voice LIVE, in person. Then you had me literally laughing out loud about finally seeing the dancers. LOLOL Thanks for sharing and for the hearty laugh. 🙂

Tawna & Bluesky,,
    Thanks for adding both your takes on things. I know what you mean about Crush. It’s not really on rotation on my playlist either, possibly because I feel like I’ve heard it a million times. But, on the videos from this weekend … Wow! You and Bluesky are right, it’s like a whole new song. I loved it! I think he’s singing it much better now than he was before. His voice is richer and fills out the notes beautifully and he seems to be hitting the high notes on all the songs with no problem at all. Two thumbs up for all of the songs this weekend, including Crush.

Go David! 🙂

Like seeing the full view, especially on an upbeat song.

YouCanCallMeTina

Tina aka @rhiminee has some great comments on Twitter about her time last might. read her timeline here:

13. clairerolfe35 said

Skydancer’s quote in the upper left corner is so true. Abrra is great at catching those especially descriptive words before they slide past us. Thanks to both of you.

Having learned where to park I was only 2 hours early on Friday night. Just me and a couple of security guards were in sight so I took a walk around the outside of the building. Half-way round I see a couple of people. It was Tawna and her date, her husband Ron who should have a trophy for World’s Nicest Guy. Seemed perfectly natural that we would be the only ones to arrive in the afternoon for an evening performance.

Wish I could have seen Bluesky talk her way around getting in without a ticket. I have seen her charm those official people before. She is the one you want to bring with you to get preferential treatment.

Dja, I count 27 days. Can’t wait to spend some time with you. I was remembering how nice it is to share space with people who appreciate what David can do to improve your life.

Watched the above Everybody Hurts video again. Still puts me on the floor. I noticed the people who comment seldom reduce the title to EH. Just seems inappropriate, doesn’t it? Maybe later.

The very beginning of the Imagine video above captures a feminine voice saying “I love David” followed by a deeper voice announcing “I love David too”. I loved it that David smiled that beautiful smile and said “Thank you”. Perhaps he is coming to indulge us in our need to express our feelings for him. So I’m thinking it might be ok for me to say I love David. Towards the end of that song the sound system repeated the phrases David was singing, like a loud echo. It was a problem quickly corrected, but David did not even blink. Nothing could mar his rendition.

MT, what a loyal fan you are! Never having seen David and still so supportive. It is my hope that everyone will have an opportunity to be in David’s presence. I must admit I was not that much of a fan until I saw him perform in person. It was at the AI tour in Las Vegas and when it was over I texted my granddaughter that I would not be coming home until after I had followed David for the rest of the tour. She refused to send me money for tickets so I had to go home.

David’s grandpa has some nice words to say about the recent concerts. Also a few family pics from Jazzy’s B’day celebration.

MTeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
    Come visit me.

We will play. Are you going to be in St George? I can’t go. But I hope that you can. Are you going to Texas?
    I am going to make it my firm intent that you get to see him … soon.

Dayzee… no worries, my son did find the tickets. They were under the car. (*_*)
    I was having so much fun looking at them and reading them to him (we were laughing about the “no guns, weapons, etc.” in the small print) that I did not notice that they were still on my lap and not in my purse – until I got to the venue.

Joey says I kicked them under the car on purpose, just to see him run. He has a wicked sense of humor. ^_^ He made the trip back to the car to look for them – twice!! True filial love. ❤
    It was just 'being watched over by the goodness' that we got in our seats before DA came out.

I thought of you. And I thought: I am so glad that Dayzee did not have to put up with me tonight! My boys are so used to me, just about nothing makes them anxious. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not, but I'll take it!

Dayzee ♥ & Bluesky, ♥
    I don’t have tickets to any of his shows yet. We’ve heard rumors of (possibly, maybe) some shows in/around March? My little heart is reeeeeealy hoping there is a show in Nashville soon. That seems to be the closest he gets to me so I’m determined I’ll make it there if he does a show. (Hubby said he’d drive with me to Nashville. 🙂 )

#AmIallowedtoprayforaNashmilleshow?

LOL typo on my tag. It should be …

#AmIallowedtoprayforaNashvilleshow?

It’s been almost 8 years, David. PLEASE?????

(why does David look like the babysitter?) /duck

Yes, MT, you are. ❤ It simply has to be.

I wanted to acknowledge that Synthesis brought the perfect accompaniment for David. They were certainly a component in the intensity of Everybody Hurts.

Dayzee #20… I agree with you. I seriously liked the way they worked with him. I don’t know that we’ll ever hear that song with that intensity again. It was a heart stopping few minutes, that’s for sure. And, the acapella on NMGTT… woah! I don’t think I’ve ever heard David do acapella the way he did on that song. He was certainly in sync and perfect pitch with them.

More from 8throwcenter

And another from ShelleyFOD

I’ll be working on the Candy Jar stuff this week. I want to pick the best for MP3’s.

Thanks to Pocoelsy for some Utah memories.

I tried this link on my iPad and it worked fine. Hope everyone enjoys doing today’s puzzle.

DA’s wardrobe priorities: shirt-1, pants-1, jacket-1……..shoes-2 pair.
    He just makes me smile. ^_^

No puzzle for me. I hate to complain, but this is the way I start my week.

No puzzle for me either. Dayzee and I must work in the same office. 🙂

Bluesky…. love your observation of David’s wardrobe… spot on! He does like him some fashionable shoes! 🙂

I am going to try some things and you all can let me know if you can get the puzzle. I will change browsers and maybe try a different puzzle site. I think jigsaw planet may be having issues. They may be doing an update to fix the issue because the site is down right now.

Stay tuned.

Try this link but open it with Chrome please. Let me know if it works?

Abrra, that link (#29) works for me in Firefox and Chrome. Time to do a puzzle. Thanks.

Thank you, DA for that picture. My heart is warmed and eased by seeing your family’s joy.

And… thank you also, DA, for just being you. For wearing a hat in the house, for feeling clumsy with a lighter, for loving your sister and wondering about time and where it goes. Blessings, blessings, blessings on your family.

May you all ever be a strength to one another – in every way (our imperfect) families can.

bluesky

Great! I created the puzzle in Chrome. I’ll do that from now on. Hope we have no more problems with access.

Nice video of glorious. Gives a wide view.

credit Heidi Bird

More to view here.

8throwcenter

Yes! The puzzle worked. I wondered what I was going to do with all of those ears, but it worked out fine. There were none left over. Thanks for your extra efforts Abrra.

Abs, got the puzzle, done the puzzle…nice!! Thanks!

Sky, your top of the page comment…so accurate!

9..Tawna….”everyone should see David live..they need to. He is a true light!” Love it…describes him perfectly. The light just shines from his eyes.

Bluesky, loved your ticket story! 🙂

The Synthesis group is great, but David is excellent and I would have liked it better without the “extra” singing…jmo.

#26moredays 🙂

Who can take an Archu-stare straight into the camera?

Jans, I kind of would have liked it better also if Vocal Point had been a little more in the background. They are an awesome group, and their harmonies are beautiful, but I felt like they were a little too loud (that’s not really the word I want, but I cant figure out what I want) with David’s mellow melody sound. I, however, will not complain. I would (ahem, have) listen to it again and again.

Dayzee… all those ears.. made me laugh. There are quite a few of them. 🙂

Abrra #38…. just a minute… picking myself up… wow, just WOW!!

Tawna #39
    Agree.I would have liked a more gentle, background harmony. I found it “distracting”. Having so many voices blending didn’t do much for me, except David’s vocals were beautiful. I would have liked to hear VP do their own songs. I do like that kind of music in small doses. 🙂

At least there are 4 necks, Dayzee! lol 🙂

Shelley is doing a Birthday Book for David’s 25th in December.

You know he will read every message, right?

There are never too many David necks, Jan

photo 30marydee_zpssujuwnji.jpg
    edit by MaryDee

I finished the BYU mp3’s and mp4’s. Go grab a handful of candy here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/v4vta72zu4xzw/2015_BYU_Spectacular

The BYU and the Idaho Falls & Layton Utah videos will play on repeat in Unplugged http://original.livestream.com/thevoiceunplugged

Very nice edit by @missbianca

Abrra #45
    Thank you so very, very much! Trust me when I say that your David Diligence does not go unnoticed! Love You!!! ♥♥

HUNKERDOWN PLUS FIST!!! What a edit! Love it!

Still mesmerizing us with his every move 🙂

Same part from 'Everybody Hurts' but not merry go-round. Made it simple and beautiful as just it was. Thank you ShelleyFOD for taking this video: http://youtu.be/rh7QTsz_DjM And thank you my friend Patty-Ann to ask me to make this IG from the video👍💞 Really love this💘 I'm sure she loves much more than the previous merry go-round😁 #davidarchie #davidarchuleta #byu #byuspectacular #voice #everybodyhurts #live #concert #music #purity #beauty #hand #handsome #provo #utah #1stshow

A post shared by Keiko (@rocktellme) on

David in ninja mode is not slick enough to hide from these two ladies 🙂

Great smiles 🙂

I'll never forget you Davie :,) (seriously it was amazing singing with you) #BYUYA

A post shared by Ellie Smith (@elliesmith) on

DA is wearing his “comic strip” clothes. ^_^ The thinks that wearing “no color”, “no shape”, “no image” clothes – with socks to boot – will make him incognito.

Too funny.

Some more cute photos! Luv em!

#only25days…………..

That incognito attempt really cracks me up. Those girls were so funny, they didn’t go up to him for a picture but got a selfie any ways lol.

credit Savannah Woolston for these.

About that “duet” (what do you call this sort of one-with-many performance) with Vocal Point – I do think VP were a tad loud and their pace was a bit off, like they were galloping while David was taking a leisurely stroll.

But after all that practice listening to his singing The Prayer with loud (as in volume, not the other meaning) women I have learnt to filter out all extraneous sounds and hear only David. He was sublime!

I hope the sound balance is OK for the coming concert in Miami, since The Prayer is going to be sung again, so that my ears don’t need to perform gymnastics should we be blessed with video.

Still enjoying all the wonderful video shot by all the generous fans!

I dare anyone to watch this and NOT smile. 🙂

Up and Up Magazine

58. angelofdja said

Oh Abrra, you bet I smiled! BIG smiles through all of it! THANK YOU! ❤

Still smiling and smiling and smiling :)))))

This from Ali. They opened dress rehearsal to the public on Thursday!

Ali says:
    October 13, 2015 at 5:00 pm
    Today they released tickets to attend the Thursday night dress rehearsal for the Latino cultural program next week. The entire plaza (floor) section is gone and four of the terrace level sections are sold out but there are still tickets available in the terrace and in the balcony so if you’re interested, it might be good to get them ASAP. Tickets are free but you’ll need one to get in.

All tickets are gone for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.

Dja #53….. Amazing!!!! David shows are sell-outs to the point that they open up dress rehearsals! Gotta love it! 🙂

Yep, I smiled! 🙂 If they asked me, I would have told them David is the best singer in the world! Yep, he is! Cute video! 🙂

From Auntie Miriam’s Facebook backstage at The Marriott Center

63. ray. said

in the pic. of david giveing jazzy a bdaycake, the young man in the background could pass for david,s double, what do you all think

Ray, I kind of thought the same thing. He could pass for David’s brother, but I knew it is wasn’t Daniel.

Ray, I did notice David’s look-alike. We can’t have too much of anything Davidish, can we?

Loved the Crushes video. Lotsa Crushes there. Even lots more than those shown.

Tonight I took some of my grandkids to a Halloween dance production they do here every October. We had to stand in line at Will Call to pick up the tickets and someone said, “If this were a David concert Grams would already have the tickets in her hand and we wouldn’t have to stand in this line.” No defense. I certainly would not have left any David tickets to collect dust in Will Call. When we were in our seats someone opened their program and showed me a full page ad from Tuacahn. There was a pic of David with a big “Sold Out” sign across his chest. “The only reason Grams brought us to this was so she could get this picture to hang on her wall.” My grandkids seem to think my life revolves around David.

My folder that was full of tickets is getting thin. Tuacahn, Tuacahn and Arizona. Where’s that Christmas tour?

Dayzee, I think your grandkids know you very well!! 🙂

Your ticket folder is getting thin? Oh boo hoo…I haven’t even got to see him live one time yet!! 🙂 lol

#butiwillin23days! #headingwest #in3weeks #fromtoday #readyornot 🙂

What are the odds?

photo 38jazzy_zpsyaw7nmvy.jpg

Jan you are absolutely correct. I have no business complaining. What an ungrateful brat I am. I apologize for whining. So nice that there are so many loyal fans who have not seen him live for years. But still, where are my new tickets?

What do the flags mean?

Ray, I saw that cousin in LA for the tree lighting ceremony, looks a lot like David but not quite enough to mistake him for David. Eyes and glow where the obvious lol.

Dja

David is holding the flag of Chile. Jazzy is holding the flag of the state of Texas.She is leaving soon for her mission in that area.

My question is what are the odds of them having mission assignments in 2 places in different hemispheres that have nearly identical flags.

Some things are coincidental, this is one of them.

I love that flag photo…. yeah, Abrra, what are the odds! There seems to be a lot of happiness in that photo. jmo

Dayzee, haha “but where are my new tickets?” Don’t ever stop being one of David’s faithful fans! You are the best! ♥

I agree, Abrra. It’s ironic that the flags are so similar.

Oh…yes very interesting.

Jans and Dayzee, you got me looking to make sure I have my tickets lol

New Thread!