• Follow The Voice David Archuleta on

November 2014
    « Oct   Dec »

tawna21 on YOU ARE A WHOLE NEW FEELING~Da…

• Click on picture to buy “Postcards In The Sky” on itunes

• Click the picture to buy “Leo EP” on iTunes

• Click the picture to buy “No Matter How Far” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy ” BEGIN.” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy “The Other Side of Down” by David Archuleta at

• Click the picture to buy “Chords of Strength” at

• Click the picture to buy “David Archuleta Deluxe Version” at

• Click the picture to buy “Christmas From The Heart” By David Archuleta at

• Advertisements

David Archuleta & A Celebration of Christ ~ An Interfaith Concert TODAY!

Posted by djafan on Thursday, November 27, 2014

capital theatre

David tweeted about this weekends concerts! And surprised us with a twitter party!  Look on the right sidebar to see his tweets.

There are many many fans going, some with great video taking reputations.  Will be following twitter for any news.

Click on the links below for event details.

A Celebration of Christ featuring David Archuleta
Celebration Of Christ Interfaith Concert Concert Venue
KSL.COM David Archuleta to perform in SLC with 9 interfaith singers, dancers

Purchase your tickets at “ARTTIX” and enter PROMO CODE “DBOOK” for 20% discount.

David rehearsing with the Children’s Choir

96 Responses to “David Archuleta & A Celebration of Christ ~ An Interfaith Concert TODAY!”

Are those pictures just too precious!! In that bottom one, it looks like DA is conducting a bit, or leading them with him through a passage of “playfulness”. Oh! Jamming reaches a new level with DA!! Happy for all those going tonight!!

(Ha! Can you say “Pied Piper”?)

Thanks Djafan for all the info and great videos! Can’t wait to hear about the shows from our fan friends.

Fenfan is this the look you liked?

Trippppple awesomesauce 😉

A post shared by Pocoelsy Archies (@pocoelsy) on

I’m anticipating tomorrow with excitement! Saturday afternoon is still 36 hours away, but I can do it. 🙂 I’m so grateful to have spent the time with my daughter and one son and their families yesterday, but am ready to travel home. I must be getting really old, because the confusion has peaked and I’m ready to leave it behind. OR, perhaps, I’m just excited for tomorrow!

Thanks for the gorgeous photos here so far, and that one in #3 stops a person’s heart! 🙂

Have a great day all and remember there is turkey in the fridge! 😀

Beautiful theater.

10 hours ago
    Today is the day! The first show is tonight! We couldn’t be more excited for this incredible opportunity. A DVD will be available for all those who can’t join us for the performances. If you can’t make it tonight, buy tickets for tomorrow’s shows! @davidarchie @onevoicechildrenschoir #slc #dvd #christmas #capitoltheatre #davidarchuleta #kevinolulusola #interfaith #friday

Abrra – yes, yes and yes! LOL

So who is excited today?! And i just checked instagram and I got a reply!

Would love a DVD available for purchase

@djafann @janey7979 A DVD will be available to purchase soon after the show!

Though I am hoping for vidoes!

Hoping for videos too! Let me rephrase that. Hoping for videos taken by David’s fans, since the camera will be focused on him. The commercial video will be the whole show and not David-focused.

Congratulations to those who have tickets for the concert this weekend, including Tawna, Dayzee and Bluesky!

LOL “David-focused”

I like the way you think! Yes, we definitely want “David-focused” videos. 🙂

I’m with Fen. I like the look in #3. If he wants to be buttoned up, the tucked in tie is perfect! And NO TAN PANTS!

haha Have I mentioned I can’t stand tan pants? Blue jeans, white jeans, purple jeans, anything but tan pants! (And Abs is gonna whack me one for this, but I don’t like red pants on a man either. LOL Sorry, Abs! 😀 )

Ok, I am in a weird giggly mood today. Must be too much turkey. Ignore that last post about the pants. LOL

11. ray said

OOO MT you make me laugh, thanks ,

Bebe, “David focused” yep!

MT, lol We’ll blame the turkey, dont stop 🙂

Abrra, that is a beautiful theater, acoustics must be great.

Blueskt, all eyes on David!

13. I am all pins and needles waiting for tonight!! Several of us are going together (we all met through David events and love each other dearly.) My daughter and her two children are also going to be there tonight.
    As soon as I get them scanned I am going to send two pictures of David that my granddaughter drew recently (her name is Emma (16) and she is coming tonight to see her favorite person on earth.) The pictures are
    so incredible, I can’t wait to share them with you. I am so looking forward to seeing and being with many fans from outside Utah tonight. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

My love to all,

14. Ah have a great time Pattirae4dja! Very happy you will be able to watch!

Same goes to all who have gotten tickets to the show! For all of us who cannot be there at this time, please beam, scream and clap our love for David!

We’d love to see your granddaughter’s drawings. Check your email 🙂

Don’t you go talkin’ smack about the red pants! I love that he word them in Costa Rica.

Things are starting to heat up in Utah. I’ll be adding things as they show up.

Yay Pattirae!

Like Anodrlurker said “please bream, scream and clap our love for David”

Shelly tweeted they smelled gas and gas company there…

Getting ready!

@lizmag3_DA2014: Practicing! Silent Night!!!! #CelebrationofChrist #Christmas #Music #Beautiful

Hahaha That’s sooo funny about Shelley’s daughter. I can imagine how excited she must be!

And Yaaayyyy for ninja Archies! Hope they keep recording and sending!! 😀

Can’t wait to see your daughter’s drawings!

LOLOL 😉 Love you!! ♥ 😀

To everyone going, I hope you all have a blast at the concert! I love hearing about everyone’s concert experiences so I hope we get the scoop from all of you!

Details! We love details!

Oops, Pattirea, I meant Granddaughter!!

What is wrong with me today???? Hahaha I need to lay off the turkey and cranberry sauce.

*hoping for lots and lots of videos*

Have a great time everyone who’s going tonight! That DVD would be a nice background for decorating the tree!

Fen, that cranberry shortbread is a keeper! Thanks!

MT, what’s wrong with red pants?

photo id6o0i.jpg

25. angelofdja said

#19 Djafan, Straining to hear David was well worth it! Thanks for posting it! His VOICE! There is something different. Better. (Was that even possible?) Matured. Lovely. Can’t wait to experience this “new” sound in a concert hall. Or even outside. As long as I can have the chance to see and hear him sing in a live setting again I will be ok.

26. ray said

you guys are cracking me up. don,t stop

27. ray said

red p ants LOL

ROFL You and I will need to have lunch and discuss why I don’t like them. 😀

Oh, and just in case, David, please, also no neon colors or yellow pants. 🙂 Thanks!

(It’s ok. I already know I am the oddball fan. hahaha You all KNOW I am the only one in the whole of the fandom who doesn’t like one particular song. 😉 )

#tappingfoot #IsHeSingingYet #WaitingOnNInjaArchies

PS But I DO like his attitude in that red pants pic. 🙂

(It also looks like I am incapable of saying what I want to say in just one comment today.)
    *insert rolly-eyed emoji here* LOL

Love this! Don’t they realize its another “Not a David Archuleta Concert” ?

I didn’t get a chance to say congrats! So happy you have tickets!

Hmmm….The First Noel, Do You Hear What I Hear, Glorious Silent Night, & Believe

I like!!!

For the record I am on #TeamDon’tLikeRedPants

Oh to be there right now!!!

From Dayzee “Standing O before he sang .”

David sang The First Noel and did that beautiful humming at the end.

Patience my child!

Did you hear The First Noel???
    He sounds glorious…oh wait, that’s the other song he’s singing tonight!
    No really, he sounds absolutely beautiful…his voice….amazing!

David ♥
    The humming at the end.
    And how awesome are the fans for getting videos up so quickly?

Do You Hear What I Hear

Shelley FOD

46. gladys1961 said

his voice has matured, I have a silly question: his hands are bigger?

Love the piano, love the violin, LOVE HIS VOICE. He dropped it down at the end and what the heck.

More video!

Yikes, that echo hurt his ears!

50. stenocruiser said

Seeing David where he belongs — on the stage — just brings tears. Such a beautiful arrangement of Do You Hear What I Hear and the incredible voice of genius David — perfection! Many thanks to the fans for the videos — we are blessed.

Not sure what to make of that arrangement of DYHWIH, definitely different, but Wow, his voice is so gorgeous! No surprise though. It just keeps getting better. And I love what he did with his voice there. So, folks, do you hear what I hear? Because what I hear is beautiful!

David and the choir sounded great on Glorious and David sounded wonderful as always on The First Noel. (One of my favorites)

The video in #48. Am I seeing things or did David look directly into Lisa’s camera and smile. 😀 hahaha He knows!

Abrra’s Candy Jar has the 5 songs in mp3 format from tonight’s concert.

Thank you for the mp3s!!!

I saw that too! He looked directly into a camera!

Yes, he’s right where he belongs, on the stage.

The humming, the wails! He’s back!

You may be right! He certainly looks more mature.

Veronica Ledezma ‏@vernonica567 5m5 minutes ago
    At the ” I literally can’t even ” stage

Very nice! And I want to thank all the wonderful fans for sharing, and the admins here for posting all these fabulous vids and pics!

I just remembered there will be a DVD!! I saw a tweet that they said it will be out soon.

Silent Night

Welcome back, Mr. David Archuleta! Absolutely magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

Thanks everyone for the great videos and photos!!!

59. lynnella said

Do You Hear What I Hear gave me chills and goosebumps. That minor key is amazing. His voice with the piano and cello, it just goes together perfectly. Now I want an album of David with the Piano Guys. He has the ear for this type of music. It’s hard to sing a well known song that’s not written in a minor key, that has been arranged in a minor key. If you take one phrase out of context, it sounds out of tune, but when you hear the whole arrangement, it’s perfect. Minor keys have always been my favorites. Can’t stop watching it.

And it’s a wrap!

OH MY HECK!!! What just happened?! David’s voice is undeniable!!!

Thank you adms for posting while I went twitter crazy! Lol

David Archuleta Is Back!

I have to admit that I didn’t know the song “Believe” but on first listen, sung by David, I love it!

Children sleeping, snow is softly falling
    Dreams are calling like bells in the distance
    We were dreamers not so long ago
    But one by one we all had to grow up
    When it seems the magic’s slipped away
    We find it all again on Christmas day

Believe in what your heart is saying
    Hear the melody that’s playing
    There’s no time to waste
    There’s so much to celebrate
    Believe in what you feel inside
    And give your dreams the wings to fly
    You have everything you need
    If you just believe

Trains move quickly to their journey’s end
    Destinations are where we begin again
    Ships go sailing far across the sea
    Trusting starlight to get where they need to be
    When it seems that we have lost our way
    We find ourselves again on Christmas day

Believe in what your heart is saying
    Hear the melody that’s playing
    There’s no time to waste
    There’s so much to celebrate
    Believe in what you feel inside
    And give your dreams the wings to fly
    You have everything you need
    If you just believe [x4]

Just believe

“Believe” is a 2004 song from the Christmas-themed performance capture film The Polar Express. The words and music were written by Glen Ballard and Alan Silvestri, and the song was performed by Josh Groban. The song is included on the film soundtrack.

67. angelofdja said

Ooooh! Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who took and posted video and pictures! I’m going back for more listens…

Holey Moley! That performance of Believe!! (Oh, and I recommend you use ear buds or headphones. Wow!) I can see why they saved it for the finale. 5 songs by David, nicely spaced, each one more beautiful than the one before, ending with that stunning rendition of Believe. Spellbinding!!

I was familiar with the song. I own the DVD and I can’t tell you how many times my grandson and I watched it. haha I’ll probably be watching it again soon. You should watch it. It’s a wonderful Christmas movie! 🙂

Yes, yes yes. Yes he is still David. Yes he is still amazing. Yes, I would follow him anywhere. Yes, it was not enough. More please.

When he was first introduced there was a standing ovation for David. It was obvious the front rows in the audience were die hard David fans. And he was definitely pleased by their (our) welcome.

My granddaughter and I stopped across the street for dinner before the performance. The waiter asked if we had come for David. He said every one he had waited on told him they had David tickets.

My favorite was Do You Hear What I hear. It was hauntingly beautiful.

Gladys, I did not notice the hands. Will look tomorrow and give you my opinion.

Your post there is both hilarious and wonderful! Leave it to David to get a Standing O just for being there, before he ever sang a note. And I am not surprised at all. Fans have missed him! So glad you had a great time, Dayzee. And the guy at the diner saying everyone had David Tickets for another “it’s not a David Archuleta concert” haha I love it!

A clear “Glorious”!!

Maggie A.

73. Incredible singing from David tonight. Just wow! His “Silent Night” is a real showstopper. Even from the video you can feel the energy of the audience and how enraptured they were.

I did notice that David has adapted some sort of new mannerism — flicking the mic when he hits the note at the end of a phrase or stanza?? He did it a few times for all the songs, I think! That’s new!

Thank you for all the amazing videos! Gotta say, my heart actually hurt since I couldn’t be there tonight. Glad to have all the videos and live tweets from the Archies! Such amazing fans!

74. Oooh, just saw this close up video of “Do You Hear What I Hear.” Can see David clearly and the audio is awesome too!

75. Sorry for the consecutive posts but I just want to say: David’s “The First Noel” is perfection. How I wish a national audience could hear and see this! I wish he gets a tv spot this christmas season! No one sings christmas songs like David does!

76. marlie7 said

OMG – I have tears in my eyes for happiness. Just seeing David back on the stage (and doesn’t he just belong there?!!!!!) is joyous! The voice, the voice, oh, my, the voice! Thank you Abrra for the mp3’s, too. If this doesn’t just make it really, finally a complete Christmas season. There’s beena little something missing these past few Christmas seasons – and now….he back!

77. potluck8 said

Thank you so much for all the fabulous videos. ” Do You Hear What I Hear’ very different but hauntingly beautiful. I also couldn’t help but notice how shiny his hair looked!

One more backstage picture.

I won’t post more videos that will slow down the site, check out the Youtube channels by ShelleyFOD (very close up) and 8throwcenter. Both ladies did an outstanding job taking video.

79. Oh Marlie, it is good to see you as well as David! I saw you last at a snowy “David Christmas concert”.

I believe that his plane just landed yesterday despite the turbulence!

I will have to go and reserve a seat early at Unplugged as I am expecting a full house.

I loved the backgrounds and the work Kurt must have done with the songs. Just guessing at that.

80. ‘”Do You Hear What I Hear” has totally captivated me.

The classical side of David can not be matched by anyone of of his generation and he can sing pop too!
    If I had a program on television I would want to have this performance during Christmas.

Woke up to “The Voice” in my soul. I know I had missed it but wow just wow. I am blown away.

82. poof said

I am so enjoying his performance from last night. I agree Sandbeaches, that his classical side is a huge strength. It is so unique, in that he does not have an operatic voice, which many don’t appreciate. He just has a heavenly voice! (Just?)

I Loved Kevin Olusola on Cello. Piano, Kevin and David need to plan a tour. I would get there,,, one way or another!

83. oliveoil said

His voice is in a beautiful place. Great range, and I detected no straining to reach or maintain those higher notes. Thank you so much for the wonderful videos. Next best thing to being there.

74. Anodrlurker,
    Thanks so much for bringing that video here. Magnificent!

Abs, please, please, pleeeeease have that video for Unplugged. And the one of Believe. Pretty please, with sugar on top???? 😀

*sigh* #meltinginmychair #ThatVoice #sublime

OMG! Was just watching Shelley’s “Believe” video. Outstanding! HD, close-up, snow falling, and fabulous sound.

Shelly and 8throwcenter, you are awesome videographers! Thanks so much!

Consecutive posts? LOL Not a problem or I’d be in deep, serious trouble.

I am so excited to have these videos and am kicking myself because I wasn’t there!!!

(Sorry for all the !!!s but it can’t be helped. 🙂 )

86. pattirae4dja said

Dearest friends,

David was incredible last night!! When Anodrlurker says “no one sings Christmas songs like David does!” she is absolutely right, as we have all witnessed!!
    We were sitting on the second row center and it could not have been more perfect. When it was over I had to keep pinching myself that we had just experienced
    something that special and memorable.

When David’s name was first announced and he walked out on stage, and everyone rose to their feet in love, adoration, respect and gratitude, well it was quite a moment. The evening
    was his and his alone, even though the other performances were entertaining and special, you knew the audience was waiting with bated breath (I know we five were) until David
    showed up on that stage again!!

We were so happy too to see ShellyFOD, 8throwcenter, and others taking pictures and videos!! They were on the same row we were and about ten minutes after David sang “The First Noel”
    Shawna, sitting next to me, looked on YouTube and there was the video of David singing “The First Noel.” We grinned and knew that from then on it was all taken care of—thank you gals
    for taking care of us all. My phone had died so I knew I was no help to anyone:(

There were five in our group, Shawna, Pam, Julie, Claudia and myself. We had dinner across the street at Olive Garden, then meandered over to the Theatre. The first person
    I saw when we arrived was Bluesky and we had a warm hug for each other. She is my personal angel (I have mentioned to you before, the story of her loving and giving heart along
    with her son’s, to me when they drove to my home, sang to me, and read poems to me, (that Bluesky had written) when I was so very ill with my cancer) anyway, it was so glorious to
    see her again!! My daughter, Amber, and her two children then arrived and it was time to be seated. Excitement was certainly in the air as we made our way to our seats.

Now I HAVE to mention what happened at the end of the concert because we giggled over it later when we went back to Olive Garden for dessert and squealing!! As the show ended
    and all were standing as David and the others took their bows, we were all staring at David and as he slowly walked off the stage, he looked at all of us one by one on that second row
    and waved to us!!! We knew he knew each one of us on that row (how could he not, haha) and his gesture to us was as heart warming as it gets!!

Guess I could go on and on (you know me) but suffice it to say that it will be worth your purchasing a DVD when it comes out as the whole evening was a very special Christmas tribute.
    But the best part was all the love felt and shown to David and his love given back to us.

Blessings to all,

First, thanks so much for the videos! Your video of Believe had me in heaven last night. Soo gorgeous! And thanks again for sharing your experience with us. It means so much to those of us who couldn’t be there. It’s wonderful to hear about the love flowing both ways between David and his fans. ♥

I also want to add that I am so happy to hear you are doing so much better after all you’ve been through. So glad you had a wonderful evening! 🙂

hahaha I guess you guys can tell I’m on David overload this morning. Hubby’s at work and I have the music from last night blaring through the house. #itsagoodday 😀

Oh!! I forgot one more thank you! To David: I can’t say thank you enough for sharing your incredible gift with us. ♥ You warm our hearts and brighten our days.

Skydancer1x is having computer problems and asked me to post this for her:

Skydancer1x said….

I feel like it’s Christmas morning. All I can say is Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! and man oh man can he ever sing!! That voice that voice that VOICE!!!! Welcome back David! absolutely mind boggling , his talent. My hair is standing up on end. Can’t imagine how it felt to be there, with that voice resonating through the venue.

Thankful for all the videos to watch! Going back in…. I just want to get lost in “Do You Hear What I Hear” so amazing !! My computer has issues I hope this posts❤️Ahhh David, we have missed you. ~ sky~

89. emmegirl14 said

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow – from the beautiful tailored suit to the stage presence to his glorious vocal musical instrument – amazing!

Lynella #59, love your comment, DYHWIH my favorite of the night too, a.m.a.z.i.n.g. The arrangement, the cellist and pianist, haunting and spellbinding. Another example of why he is separate from the pack. I would love to hear more of that.

Thanks Abrra for our gift of mp3’s, that will be my new Christmas album for the season.

I am so happy to see him showcasing those immense vocal skills and his stylizing. You hear tons of covers and cringe a little thinking “they kinda butchered it.” But he has an incredible gift for taking it and making it so uniquely his own, but keeping it recognizable and within comfortable parameters.

What do you do with a pop/rock star, non-trained-but-i-can-do-it-anyway classical singer, latino crooner, gospel singer, soulful r&b/jazz artist all wrapped up in a salsa dancer? Idk, but I hope they can figure it out cause I want them all!

Seeing the trees in the video behind him during the Glorious performance made me think he is small in stature, but when he sings he is as tall as a mighty redwood.

90. emmegirl14 said

just one more little thing – close up of DYHWIH 4:08-4:12 – the smile of appreciation at the incredible talent of the cellist.

91. David knows so many fans after his touring and return performances in many of the well known cities and countries.

I think that we would have really surprised him if even more fans from all over had been there….

They say that singers often look out into the audience to find familiar faces as it helps with their focus when singing.

I see the names of long time fans who were there who have been great supporters in many ways during his early career years on the stage.

So everyone else who couldn’t be there and would love to have been attending surely will be there next time.

Emme, I loved that smile for the cellist. The cello fellow was extremely talented. It is great to see such talent working together.

Sky, it is Christmas morning. These are the bestest gifts for me. It is wonderful to come here and be able to see everything repeated as often as you wish. Thanks to all for their efforts.

I had forgotten how his voice can make you feel wrapped in a blanket of “life is good”. That intangible feeling he bestows that everything will be all right.

Sorry, my brain is scattering, but I am off to another not-a-David concert and I am unable to gather thoughts

93. clairerolfe35 said

Sky, it is true David recognizes his fans. It was as Pattirae said. At the finale he looked at each of us and waved. He was situated at stage left and slowly walked across the entire stage to stage right and made a conscious effort to include us all. And yes, we did appreciate 🙂

Lynnella, I got goosebumps just reading your description of what David is doing! I’ll have to research that minor key thing.

Pattirae, OH MY GOSH!!!! David saw all of you and acknowledged you all! I so wanted confirmation of that for so many reasons., I’m accepting the fact that I couldn’t be there but it hurts. It reminds me of the time Silverfox, Sandybeaches, Angelica, Marcia and myself at Motab all stood in front of him and he looked at each one of us and said you’re all here. So glad you were there to represent. Our time will come, I’m sure of it.

Dayzee, You said it so beautiful “wrapped in a blanked of life is good”, the archuleta is good at that and it feels so good to be reminded of it.

Emmegirl! Yes, to every word you said!!!! So glad to see you!

Claire, Awwww I love this, “it is true David recognizes his fans”

I’m floating in the clouds listening over and over to each song, wow just wow.

New article —–> ——> ——->>>>>>>>>

96. lynnella said

Djafan – David is a master at minor keys. Think of What Child is This and the song he wrote Falling. I’m not sure if that whole song is minor, but it has a lot of phrases that are. Minor keys are always kind of melancholy and more dramatic. I think David really has a flair for the dramatic. I could see him in a Broadway play. Despite what Simon says, that’s a good thing. David has the most distinctive voice of all the young singers out there today. And, he has a talent for knowing just what to do with a song. His ad libs, hums, and all the rest are always perfect and in perfect key. He’s just amazingly talented and blessed.