November 2014
    « Oct   Dec »
    17181920212223

Dayzee on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    marlie7 on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…

David Archuleta Goes To Hawaii

Posted by djafan on Monday, November 24, 2014

106,022 Views as of 7:30am 11/24/2014

Kalei quotes:

“His voice has matured and resonates with a silky, richness – it filled the entire venue and everyone was literally hypnotized and mesmerized by the depth of emotion in every single note.  He got a little choked up at the end of the Spanish portion, and it was all I could do to hold the phone steady and not cry  – even after all this time, David still has the power to move people to tears.”

“The bodyguards read the situation clearly and immediately surrounded David and Lupe and started moving them towards the exit.  Then panic ensued as people realized David was leaving, and the crowd went into full Reno Solo Tour GA (General Admission) mode – if you were at Reno, you know what I mean – and it took everything in my power not to get knocked down and trampled!  I was afraid for David – it was like the heyday of David Mania – and the bodyguards (I think there were six of them) linked arms and cut a path towards the exit and ushered David and Lupe into a waiting car where they were whisked off into the night, the red tail-lights getting smaller and smaller in the distance, and then he was gone.”

And then there’s this:

instagram/davidarchie

Continuing my journey on the #northshore of Oahu with @climb_works . Such a blast! Nice people, and got me to try things I probably wouldn’t have before. Highly recommend checking out these awesome places in Hawaii! #CLIMB #hangingaround #zipline #iheartHawaii #SummerbreezeinNovember

43 Responses to “David Archuleta Goes To Hawaii”

The views are now at 109,385 in two hours! About 1,500 an hour!

I’m still basking in the glow of the reaction to David. I’ve searched to see if the others on the panel received the same, not to be mean but no, they didn’t.

raena_lopez

Got to hear David Archuleta and 3 others talk at last nights fireside! He also sang a song at the end which was absolutely amazing!😍 Would’ve gotten a picture with him but he had to leave because too many girls were fan-girling😂 Haha still a great experience!😊 #hesoundslikeanangel

Thanks djafan!

Kalei’s recap really tells all. David gets the same reaction after a performance wherever he goes. There’s something about him that causes this manic reaction in people and his voice is just a part of it; it’s really his whole demeanor and the way he carries himself. Without copying Kalei’s description word for word which I started to do, her keywords alone tell the story:

bodyguards
    immediately surrounded
    moving them toward the exit
    panic ensued
    knocked down and trampled
    heyday of David mania
    bodyguards linked arms
    ushered into a waiting car
    whisked off

This sounded more like one of David’s concerts than a fireside. Except for Kalei I didn’t know there were so many fans in Hawaii! 🙂

3. Haha, it sounds like those ‘frenzied fans’ from his past who he couldn’t really understand why they were that way! It seems that his popularity and fame have a positive side, making others happy! Dear fans, you had it right you were fine, but wow the need for bodyguards there was overwhelming.

SB 🍁

4. RUBEN said

he sing amazingg,,, and he so exated

5. Djafan, really love the reception David got in Hawaii – and the love continues in the comments on social media posts, including the BYU-Hawaii video. I hope this gives David enough confidence to go back out there and do his thing for everyone! Hope he’s been reading the comments on his IG, FB, etc etc etc.

Also, looking at the twitter numbers again, Djafan…ARGH. I just don’t get it. Where is that constant slide coming from. Not when both FB and IG are climbing…reflecting David’s new reach from his activities. #Puzzled #Dumbfounded

Bebe, I love the keywords you listed. They tell a story for sure… a good one!

SB, “It seems that his popularity and fame have a positive side, making others happy!”
    By the smile on his face I’d say the reaction made him happy too 🙂

Rube, He is amazing!

Anodrlurker, I’ve been reading twitter and it seems that twitter is unfollowing people without our permission. Maybe accounts that have been stagnant for a period of time who knows. Twitter mentions and retweets did go up and the other numbers are looking good!

The week of November gains:
    Facebook 1.16k
    Wiki 6.76k
    Youtube views 39.2k
    Soundcloud plays 3.30k
    Instagram likes 15.7k
    Vevo views 163k
    Twitter mentions 5.39k
    Twitter retweets 1.67k
    Twitter followers -227

So facebook and instagram likes increased by 16.86k, not bad for someone who’s just getting their feet wet in preparation for 2015!

Someone’s wish came true at a Salvadorian restaurant.

When I see these pictures that are “backwards” my OCD kicks in and I have to flip them.

photo ebadb60a-47a7-4815-96fc-b2b60c8e48ee_zps28c1f045.jpg

8. missbianca said

Djafan, I’m usually a lurker but I just had to stop by and tell you how much I enjoy your work with David’s social media statistics! Really great that you put that all together. And I do think twitter is doing some deleting of unused or fake accounts. Nothing to worry about there.

9. Djafan — awesome! Thanks for the stats! Knew I could count on you for some social media good news! =) The best thing is that there are numbers from the BYU-H page too — pretty sure David is driving views and visits there too! Over 110K now, I believe! Thing is, twitter numbers are taken at face value especially for those in the industry..if you know what I mean. Could have implications for David.

Saw some tweets today about how some bonafide David fans had twitter unfollow David for them! EEEK! Not good! I hope people are checking their lists from time to time and not just taking for granted that everyone they followed is still there!

Abrra, thanks for flipping the pic! I saw that on twitter and I was like..no, that’s now how David parts his hair! This pic is flipped! Haha! (Short hair again, by the way.)

More pictures starting to show up from BYUH.

A few more of David here in the album.

David sends a reminder for the weekend concert.

As if 🙂

David and the Hawaiian sun look good together! jmo 🙂 I’m getting excited for his performances this weekend! Even tho’ I will be there, I’m certainly hoping that someone pulls a ninja job and gets it on video. In the past, the Capitol Theatre has strict no cameras, etc. policies in force.

Looks like David had quite a Twitter party going there for a little bit…. he’s coming back. It may be a little slow, but I feel it’s picking up speed. Yes, we are a patient people!! 🙂

David and Hawaii, David and music, David and Hawaii and Music! What more can anyone ask for? He was so handsome and his voice was pure bliss! Then the playful David, ziplining! He is so talented in every way! 🙂 Can’t wait to see him again soon!

Thanks Miss Bianca! I’m fascinated with the entire social media concept and how it’s changing the world. And well how David fares in all of this 🙂

Anodrlurker, Overall nothing but good!

Abrra, thanks for the BYU link of pictures.

This one shows how David was introduced at the video contest, including his social media presence.

David tweeted and had a twitter party! So many tweets, and Betsy got a reply!

See here for all of David’s tweets and replies.

16. Another challenging day, another day rescued by listening to “Glorious” on repeat. Thank you dear Lord, for David =)

Anodrlurker, AMEN!

BYU video now at 135,341 views!

Glorious now at 1,688,672 views!

Dja, whenever I see you listing numbers for David I am reminded of when he talked about being obsessed with statistics for pop music when he was young. You are truly kindred spirits. Thank you for keeping us up to date

Abrra, thank you for keeping David’s hair on the correct side. It is always unsettling when he doesn’t look quite right.

I liked to see David getting the word out on social media about his upcoming performance. There are TV spots and billboards all around the area. No pictures on the billboards, but he is obviously the main attraction., You would think those billboard people would have jumped at the chance to have the best looking ad ever.

I have a ticket for the Saturday 2:00 program. If anyone can go, please get in touch.

About those Twitter numbers, I had faith in Twitter when I first joined a few years ago. Now I notice that I get tweets from people I don’t even follow. I don’t mean re-tweets; I mean bonafide tweets.

Furthermore, Instagram is becoming more popular than Twitter. As a result, people are closing their Twitter accounts in favor of Instagram which may explain in part, why David’s Twitter #s are getting lower and his Instagram followers are rising. JMO

I really enjoy @shadowbenny’s edits

Check out her Instagram page http://instagram.com/shanellearchie28

The OneVoice Children’s Choir had a rehearsal with David. Check their Facebook to see pictures.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

This was uploaded to David’s Vevo. A never before seen video of David’s home town visit during AI. With this description, I love it.

Published on Nov 20, 2014
    Interview with singer-songwriter and actor David Archuleta

Dayzee, I feel a connection but for the life of me I can’t figure out why lol

Bebe, I see that trend. What I’ve learned that recently social media for a celebrity is being looked at as a whole. Like in the picture I posted from BYU “Has 5 million followers on Social Media” not one specific one. This is a better measure. Not to shabby.

Abrra, ShadowBenny is becoming my go to check out what’s posted recently.

Jan #13

“David and Hawaii, David and music, David and Hawaii and Music! What more can anyone ask for?”

This.

David and the Southern US, David and music, David and the Southern US and Music!

Angelica lol

Before this thread changes I want to give out a shout out to Bluesky for suggesting the current filler! In my rushes I didn’t change the name to hers and I should have. So apologies and thank you. This is a wonderful highlight of the voice working it’s magic. 🙂

Dja, @shadowbennyhas done it again!

LISTEN!!

The full promo video.

One Voice Children’s Choir

He’s doing his eye closing thing again, I hope that never changes. I love it.
    Still basking in my tweet glow lol.

28. oliveoil said

I love his facial expression and his motions when he finishes singing. So cute.

25 No worries, Djafan! You are in the drivers seat here and deserve all the credit as admins.

I really love the video and everything I learned from it and from his question answers. ^_^

Yes Oliveoil, as he finishes he shows us the unmarked soles of his shoes. One of my favorite mysteries.

Dayzee
    We know that his feet never actually touch the earth, don’t we? I stopped the video at :54 and loved the look on all the girls faces. Not a single one is looking at the director. All eyes are on David.

Betsy
    Grats on your tweet reply? LOL How old are you?? Too funny. I saw when you freaked out on twitter. You weren’t alone. I saw a few others that had the same reaction. Life is good 🙂

Dayzee, are you going to be there Sat? That’s when my scheduled appointment with David is…. oh, yes, and the others that are performing!

It looks like it may have been chilly at rehearsal…. coats are being worn. 🙂

Congrats Betsy on your Twitter reply…. it made me chuckle. I could imagine that little grin on David’s face as he replied.

33. Angelica, even more from days of old…

David and music, David and North America North, South and East with his Music. He has already done the West and Music by the time the weekend is over. That would just be getting back to basics starting with Westbury.

SB 🍁

19…Dayzee, I was wanting to claim that ticket! But, no the concert has to be at Thanksgiving! 😦

24…Angelica, yep, you are right, he would be much closer! David and music and the Midwest would be perfect for me! 🙂

26…Loving the promo video! Glorious was written for David! It brings that gorgeous voice to new heights! 🙂

The sound of children singing combined with The Voice and the song “Glorious” is heaven on earth! I’ve played the second video in comment #26 ad infinitum! There is nothing better!

SB#33
    Westbury seems like lightyears away although it was only three Christmases ago. Fun times! Time to repeat! I’m game, are you?

That video in #26 – they spelt his name wrongly. Other than that, well, he was in fine voice. And those girls know a gorgeous guy when they see one!

37. poof said

Working on Thanksgiving fixings, listening to David. A comment on a youtube of Tell Me: “I just realized that you don’t listen to DA, you pull the music around you and wear it. What a great feeling! MrSpice5 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who will be celebrating tomorrow. Poof

Fen
    LOL 🙂 The video was made by the choir. Go figure, they don’t know how to spell his name. 🙂 The girls are star struck for sure.

Wishing all of you an American Happy Thanksgiving Day tomorrow!!! 🙂

This is strange. I wonder what kind of a day he is having?

41. Can’t imagine David angry like that, so I hope whoever has beef against him lets it go!

Good wisdom though, its true. Only the grudge-bearer has to deal with that kind of poison.

42. By the way, those who missed out on the CDs when they sold out the first time, more are available now.

David Archuleta AFS ‏@FanScene 42m42 minutes ago
    Who wants a @DavidArchie @brookewhite signed Lullabies/Happy Songs Charity CD? 12 available NOW! Go here: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/brookewhite?utm_campaign=project10321&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pledgemusic

New post —————>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>