September 2014
    « Aug   Oct »
    15161718192021

Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…

Listening to Just David

Posted by djafan on Thursday, September 11, 2014

cfedd7f4_oye3da55

99 Responses to “Listening to Just David”

1. Very wise words. Thankfully we have been doing that for as long as we can remember. Our own instincts, thoughts and individuality have brought us here. You do that when you believe in yourself even though you listen to the words of others. Maybe that comes with age or maybe not.

SB 🍁

2. That might better be ‘individualities’…

Angelica, The pictures up top are incredible. The miracle of us being here continues. Many say David is loosing fans but doesn’t seem like it. Was this calculated on his part? I would venture to say maybe? Testing the waters to see the reaction? Well he sure got one, he was sorely being missed.

SB, “Our own instincts, thoughts and individuality have brought us here. You do that when you believe in yourself even though you listen to the words of others. Maybe that comes with age or maybe not.”

So true. We all come from such diverse backgrounds and yet this one individual has brought us together, and has me beat in the age department. I was not so deep or smart in my thinking at that age, why? lol

Gayle, ILove your quote!

SB,

I don’t think that’s necessarily true for all of us at all times. His question was, in a “noisy” world, “how much time do we take..?” Technology is a huge time thief these days. We live in the Information Age, with more and more technologically advanced delivery systems bombarding our lives daily. It seems more invasive with each passing year. With the high-speed “Information Superhighway” of the internet, there is Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Netflix, gaming apps, and the list is increasing rapidly, all developed relatively recently in our lifetimes. A couple of years ago, I made a conscious choice to stop watching TV. Most of it is useless garbage and is too passive an activity. I get my news elsewhere and feel more in control of the data that comes in. Does it ever occur to any of us that much of the media we download is a form of mind control? Everyone seems to have an agenda. I didn’t use to think it, but I have lately become more aware and protective of what I allow to come into my psyche. Yesterday before David tweeted, as usual, the TV was off and my internet connection was down too. In the past I would have gotten on the phone with tech support right away, but instead I picked up a book and read for a while, then lay down on the couch in the silent house and just listened to my own thoughts. After that, I worked on a painting and that’s when the tweet came from David. It just hit home with me because it was exactly how I was feeling then and for a while now. I think especially for someone of an introverted nature with an artistic temperament, there is need for a lot more space and quiet than many others might be comfortable with. Some introspection and isolation is essential to the creative process.

Love your maple leaf.

God bless those who lost their lives and those they left behind 13 years ago today. A good day to be still a moment and reflect on how precious every moment of life is.

Angelica, The noise in our heads. I’ve had trouble with that for an eternity and almost seven years ago a “voice” like no other was able to shut it up so I can be still and get some sleep. I tweeted David telling him so and I also let him know that it had been noisy again as of late, wonder why lol It still boggles my mind why the sound, timbre, or tone, not sure which in David’s voice affects me in this way, I’ve learned to just accept it, most days.

“I think especially for someone of an introverted nature with an artistic temperament, there is need for a lot more space and quiet than many others might be comfortable with. Some introspection and isolation is essential to the creative process.”

Although I don’t think you’re an introvert I can see some similarities on how you can relate to David.

God Bless all that were affect by the horrendous events of 9/11.

David being just David since he was very young.

David Archuleta @DavidArchie

Remembering being at Station 54 in Manhattan on the 1st #911anniversary. God bless the families of those heroes.

Saw this the other day on twitter. I think it explains why we are still here. If I had only heard David sing and that was all the information I had, I’d still be a fan. We are the lucky ones who heard that unique quality in his voice that keeps us forever bonded to him and to each other.

Angelica…nice, thought provoking words. Being introverted, like David, I wonder how I ever got on a plane by myself and flew to meet people that I didn’t even know except meeting on David sights. And he has been all around the world by trusting his instincts that all will be ok! I listen to my own instincts that they (you) were all good people and you are. David, although introverted, can get up on that stage “and does his thing”! He follows his heart to do things that he thinks are right…(to me that can be instinct)…My own instinct tells me that I will hear David sing again…even though he said so, so it’s a fact. 🙂
    My main time for solitude is in the morning when I wake up. I like to lay there and listen and say my prayer for the day and be thankful for what blessings I have. Otherwise, I have to have noise! I have a bad ear that makes all kind of noises, so I try and cover them up with outside noises. 🙂 Listen to David’s cds every night to go to sleep…blocking out any other noises.
    My prayers are out to all the families of 9-11. So terrible and praying nothing that bad ever happens again.
    The little David video made me think of the one I seen earlier on FB. Someone put little David singing Happy Birthday on FB for my birthday. I always try and keep happy on my day, but sometimes it gets overshadowed by the bad stuff. So, I always celebrate thru the week. 🙂

I forgot to mention that I cut the Elders hair again on Monday! And they called this am and sang Happy Birthday to me! 🙂 That was so thoughtful of them!

Happy Birthday Jan!

Testing Emoji for Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8d-emoji/

😏 👿 😍
    Pretty lame, eh?

Happy Birthday Jan!

🎶 Happy Birthday to you … 🎶
    🍰 🍧 🎂 🎈💐 🎉 🎁
    Hope it was a great one!

MT
    Show off!

Abrra 😆

Happy Birthday Jan!! 🎂🍨🍰🍡
    May Internet is still down. Came on last night after David’s tweet long enough to do the article and then poof. My comment today was on computer at work. Still ok with it but think I may need a new router.
    Dja I was really referring to David being an introvert by nature perhaps since he is an artist and shy. I may not seem like an introvert to you but I am. I have learned extroverted behaviors to navigate my way in the world. I enjoy being with people I like as much as any extrovert. I suppose we all have a combination of inny and outy traits.

I love it when folks post pics of their meeting/working with David. It never gets old.

sammyssounds
    3 hours ago
    @davidarchie – @ainsleymariah loved him. #tbt – been blessed to work with some amazing talent. #davidarchuleta

LOL I may be playing with those little thingys for a while. 😀

Thank you, SB!

Angelica,
    I think you’re right. Creative people live inside their heads a lot and like the calm, the quiet.

All I can say…. I miss David. I really do and I know I’m not alone in this. I will continue to hope … and wait…. for new music. ♥

20. lynnella said

I, too, am an introvert. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten better at being more sociable, but at times I feel overwhelmed in a group. I need to retreat to my little nest. I’ve been married, but now am not and have lived alone most of my life, so I can find quiet time whenever I want. It wasn’t always this way, so I understand what David is saying. I, also, have an artistic nature. I was an art major in college and now write poetry. Both of those are solitary endeavors. About a year ago, I wrote this poem about having time alone, similar to what David is talking about. To me quiet time is about being alone with God.

Solitude

We all need a time of peace and quiet,
    a time of solitude,
    To be alone with all our thoughts,
    but today that’s hard to do,
    There’s so much going on,
    in this world around us,
    It’s difficult to find a place,
    where it’s just you and Jesus,
    Though He has told us in His Word,
    be still and know He’s God,
    It’s hard to find a place to go,
    with no talking only nods,
    Sometimes I think I’d like to be a monk,
    because it’s very,
    Easy to find quiet,
    living in a monastery,
    But that is not an option,
    for it is not my calling,
    Still in my heart I long to be,
    where leaves are softly falling,
    And all you hear are gentle sounds,
    coming from above,
    The sounds that come from Heaven,
    soothing, wondrous hymns of love,
    To wash over my being,
    and help me feel refreshed,
    In my solitude I’d be with God,
    and feel forever blessed.

Lynne

21. lynnella said

Also meant to say, I’m thinking of those firemen and police officers who lost their lives on 9/11, and their families. I have a son who is a Louisville Firefighter and also does the water rescue, so I know how dangerous it is. I pray we never have to go through anything like that again in this country. Our society worships celebrities and sports stars as heros, but these men are the real heros. Anyone who would run into a burning building when everyone else is running the other way, just to rescue someone who may be inside, is a hero. They put their lives on the line everyday for others.

God bless them all.

Lynne

Thanks for the BD wishes. 🙂

Abs, love the David photo too. Even tho it was posted 3 hrs ago, it’s an older one, isn’t it? Clothes look familiar and his hair is longer! 🙂

Tawna, I miss him terribly too. Can’t wait to be planning a concert again! Was hoping for a Christmas one, but it’s kind of getting a little late for that unless we hear some good news real soon! 🙂 My Forever cd has just about had it! The last few songs want to skip now. It gets on thru and goes to the next song, but I don’t like the skipping. It’s the Expanded Edition and they are hard to find!

Lynne, your poem is very beautiful. ♥

Another thing I wanted to tell you…the other day when I was talking to my friend, she seen a video of David that I had shared. She said when she watched it, she had to watch another and another…just like we do! 🙂 She said “he has such a beautiful voice I couldn’t quit watching him”! I think David just hooked another one…she “gets” him! I was so dang happy to hear that! 🙂

Jan

The picture in #17 was taken the day when David met Jonah Gomez ( make a wish recipient) at Rio Tinto Soccer Stadium.

Thanks Abs, I knew it looked familiar. Gosh, how could forget that night, I loved the video with David and Jonah singing!. I got a hug from Jonah at the last Christmas concert. He is so precious!

You are so right, Lynne, also another bunch of heroes are our armed forces all over the world trying to keep us free.

25. lynnella said

Totally right Jans11. My son, who is the firefighter, spent 20 years in the Army. When he retired, he joined the fire department. Some people are just wired that way. They need the rush that comes from doing something exciting. I’m just thankful for those people. Without them, the world would be a lot worse off.

By the way, Happy Birthday. Sorry I’m a day late. Also, I know those little Mormon Missionaries just love and appreciate you. You are a real blessing to them, and to those who read The Voice. It’s kind people like you who make life all worth it.

Lynne

Happy Belated, Jan.
    I am enjoying a little peace and quiet. My husband likes to hover too much these days, so I sent him on a long mission to a couple of stores and the cider mill.
    I am in need of cider and donuts. 🙂
    Here’s what I’m listening to atm.

I just remembered when he sang this in Grand Rapids (Art Prize) and the young girls beside me were crying. It was BRAND NEW.

27. marlie7 said

Angelica – I always love what you post.

To all – sorry I’ve been missing in action, just a lot going on right now. Good stuff, not bad. I am going to try like the dickens to stay up late enough to come to chat this week. I am still (and always) a fan of David and will be here waiting, even if I’m not posting or chatting.

I miss him, too, dang it.

Happy Belated Birthday Jan!!! I want you to know how much I enjoy logging on at night and reading your comments. Please never stop 🙂

Lynnella, Beautifully writing.

Tawna, So do I 😦

Angelica, I remember way back when I started reading David fan sites you would disappear for periods of time and then an amazing article, video, or comment would appear, I figured that you needed that time to be away from distractions to create. Thank you for sharing 🙂

Betsy, That is a great MKOP performance. I remember you were there and the great reception David received.

I love this “p.s. They were there for another band (Hot Chelle Rae) but only got emotional when David sang. I heard “I love him” 800 times. 😉

Aww this was great! Soon we will do this again, soon 🙂

dja, that was such a great show. FOUR years ago, Oct.2. 🙂
    This is still my favorite video from that day, and it was just a soundcheck lol.
    I remember looking behind me and as he sang, people were POURING into the area. The whole downtown area was filled with people. I think the estimate was
    twenty thousand strong. 🙂

And another thing. (about the video in 30)
    He is as loosey goosey as I’d ever seen him.
    He sneaks in a Happy Birthday @1:42

30. Betsy,
    That is my all time favorite rehearsal video. Yep, loosey goosey. Love it!

Here’s another one, just to make you smile. 😀

And this one because I love it, too …

credit: puriduaenam

Still hoping to hear Don’t Run Away and Heart Falls Out live. ♥

Thanks Lynne, Betsy and Dja for the bd wishes. 🙂 Lynne, your son is a double hero! 🙂 And thanks for the compliment. I try to do the best I can in all that I do…and they do love coming here where they feel welcome. They are great kids.
    Dja, I’m a night owl and today has been a long busy day and here I am! 🙂 It’s after 2am here and I’m wearing down, but wanted to check the comments…haven’t been on the internet all day. Glad you like to read my comments. Sometimes I think what I say isn’t that big a deal, but I still go ahead and throw my 2 cents in! 🙂
    Love all the videos that you all posted…Having my own mini David concert! ♥
    Still hoping for a Christmas concert, but I don’t think that’s going to happen with it being Sept. and with him going to college now. Don’t think he’s got the time to be planning a concert…..but he’s a man of many talents and miracles happen, though, so who knows.

35. sweetonda said

Lynnella, thank you for your beautiful poem. It has come at the perfect time since I’m in the process of saying goodbye to my mother who is my best friend.

I’ve been blessed to care for her for the last 4 years and what a priviledge it has been. Sitting my her side last night and just listening to the quiet with only her breathing being heard while she is making this trip into her maker’s arms has been a time of reflection with sweet memories. Even though it’s a sad time for our family, I’m happy for her. She has been sick for so long release is a blessing. I think mom’s are always the hardest to say goodbye too. I have found peace though prayer and also through David’s beautiful, calming voice. It’s so amazing how his voice does that for so many of us.

Sweetonda, {{{Hugs}}}
    I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers for peace for both your mom and your family. I’m so glad the site could bring you some smiles 🙂 and giggles at a time when you really needed them.

37. emmegirl14 said

This always gives me chills.

Sweetonda, sorry to hear about your mom. I got chills reading your comment. Glad that you have some quality time with her, David’s music would be such a blessing at this time. ♥

Then, Emmegirl, you post one my favorite videos and I get chills again! Love that video! He is so awesome….the last card I sent him was a whole page of adjectives describing him or what he does to us when he sings. Should have taken a photo of it…it was every word or phrase imaginable. 🙂

39. lynnella said

Sweetonda, so sorry to hear about your Mother. I know how hard it is to go through that. My Mother passed away in 1973. She lived with me and my family the last year of her life, when she wasn’t in the hospital. I was always grateful to get to spend that time with her. It brought us much closer. Sometimes we don’t say the things we should or let the ones we love know it, and I was lucky to be able to say everything I wanted to. I still miss her, especially at Christmas. One thing we can both take comfort in is, we’ll be together with our Mothers again, and we’ll never have to part.

God bless you and comfort you,

Lynne

Sweetonda

So sorry that you lost your mom. It is a blessing for her to be at rest.

i could use a bit of Christmas music 🙂

Sweetonda, so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Glad David’s voice has been of some comfort.

Here is a pretty video, not David related, but good nonetheless. 🙂
    The place where I used to live, the place where my daughter and her family live, 3 of my sisters live, the place I love and visit often,
    (my film festival is there) well – they wrote a song and made a video about it. I can still hear the waves they left in at the end. ♥

you guys should all come visit.

Sweetonda,
    {{{{{hugs}}}}}
    God bless you, and your family♥

Sunday puzzle is all about staying in shape!

Hmmmm

Just saw this posted on twitter.

Kari Sellards @kariontour
    Full LA trip. Started w/ a @DavidArchie core meeting then a few days of filming w/ @Alextmarshall Now off to Australia w/ @jtimberlake

Jans,
    I’m sorry I missed your birthday and the opportunity to give you this cake. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope your day was filled with everything you hold dear.

Abrra #34

Core meeting?
    Sounds promising!

Sweetonda,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mom. Offering you prayers and comfort at this time. I’m glad this site gives you strength. We must be doing something right.
    Many blessings to you and your family.

49. Sweetonda…

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your mom. Your wonderful memories of her will be with you forever.

SB 🍁

Angelica, I love that you have the gift of long drives – and that you take advantage of that gift. It makes me happy to think of you like that. Thank you for that picture in my mind.

Jan’s, it is my own David who’s BD is also on Sept 11. To us, 9-11, is his day. The memorial, we cal the “twin towers” day. We tell him: you were here first, so it is your day, you are the future. Happy Birthday Jan!
    And…I love your comments. You have a wonderfully grounded and gentle spirit.

Lynnella, I really enjoyed reading your beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it.

Sweetonda: “I want to thank all of you for helping me through this time. The admins and fans at this site have given me strength even when I didn’t know I needed it. I’m not one to comment often but I try to log on every day to listen and enjoy the chatter here. You bring smiles and often giggles that have been much needed. Thank you all!” ….. Thank you for sharing this tender time. I also nursed my mother for years before she passed on, here in the home we shared. I am sending you a big, big hug. No times like these, no times. And never time enough for all the love to squeeze into one room, two hearts. May God’s gentle peace be with you both, and comfort. The comment you made is exactly why I come here. DA is why I showed up. People like you, is why I stay. ^_^

Dear Kari, please.. Hold that “core” meeting! And may any seeds found therein bear bounteous, beautiful, harmonious fruit. Just sayin.

One more thing: Angelica, I usually see a “contributor” name or something by the artwork. Hummmm. Is it yours? And… I really like the glasses. Love the metaphor. ^_^

#51 Bluesky
    In case Angelica is with out internet again 😦 I can tell you that Angelica did some photo editing on both images . The top one is from David’s Instagram and the 2nd one is a screen shot cropped from his Rainbow video.

Abrra the photo phreak

Ha! Thank you, Abrra! Dang, she is good. ^_^

And… I would love to see some of those paintings she says she likes to work on. (hint, hint) Like any good DA fan, we never get enough of a good thing.

I needed help in deciphering the meaning of “core meeting”. I consulted my online dictionary and this is what I found.

core: the central or most important part of something; the part of something that is central to its existence or character; an important or unchanging group of people forming the central part of a larger body.

meeting: an assembly of people, especially the members of a society or committee, for discussion or entertainment

So it looks like an important group of people got together to talk. That’s all. Or maybe @davidarchie entertained them with some new songs! LOL

So David had a meeting with Kari and others. Sounds promising! 😀 I hope we hear about it soon. (I know, I’m trying to be patient. 🙂 )

Thanks for the puzzle. Good one! *thumbs up*

Bluesky,
    “DA is why I showed up. People like you, is why I stay. ^_^” <<< 😀 All of you are awesome people! ♥

Sweetonda,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. Your words are so full of love and saying that caring for her was a privilege is beautiful. Many hugs and prayers for you🙏.

Abs, love the puzzle! ♥

@davidarchie core meeting………!?!? Hope it means something good! 🙂

Bebe, thanx…that cake was delicious!

Bluesky, your David knows exactly how I feel on my bd. I always say that I was here first also. My grandson asked me how do I like celebrating may bd on a day of infamy…and I said I was here first! Yes we must celebrate for the future and never let the bad guys win! Thanks for your kind words. ♥

Fen, “So it looks like an important group of people got together to talk!” cute! still hoping for something good……

Yesterday, while shopping at Penny’s I got to hear David sing “Something Bout Love” on the PA system! Was doing the Happy Dance! 🙂 Got to love JC Penny’s! haha

Well… the way I look at is: Kari, nice as she is, is not working for free, neither are the other “core” people. That means DA is paying them to plan, support, and work on his music career.

Seems like he is interested in it as far as I am concerned! ^_^
    So… work, you little music bunnies!!!! (have no idea why “bunnies” came out! Maybe because I see them all as “energizer bunnies” hopping around with untiring enthusiasm – getting all excited about DA ^_^ Why not?!)

Sweetonda, May God bless you, and your family, with peace and comfort at this hard time. The loss we feel is great and hard, but the peace He brings is such a blessing. ♥

Thank you Abrra for the puzzle. 🙂

So happy that those who do the puzzles are enjoying them every week. It is my pleasure to entertain you !

62. ray said

i look forward for the puzzles every week thank you

63. sweetonda said

Thank you all for the sweet thoughts and prayers. She actually passed early this morning. Feeling are tender…Memories strong!

Oh, Sweetonda! Thank you for telling us! I want to know one thing about her that always made you smile.

Sweetonda, Peace to you and your family. Another Angel in Heaven. ♥

Sweetonda…sending a ‘heartfull’ of love to you♥♥♥and your family.

Jan♥
    Oh my word!
    I forgot to say…
    Happy Birthday to You
    On your special day!!
    Please,excuse me,
    For being late 😦
    Is it still okay
    To eat a piece of your cake?

(Bebe is a good cook)

Oh, Sky, thanks so much! Just happen to have one piece left, just for you! 🙂

69. sweetonda said

Bluesky, there are so many things that would make me smile, but one that happened yesterday was a keeper. My mom loves babies, especially her grandkids and great-grandkids. She made baby quilts for all 95 of them.

My niece just had a baby and wanted my mom to see her before she passed, but mom went into a coma before she got to see her. My niece laid the baby across my mother’s chest and told her to meet her great-granddaughter. My mother had been unresponsive for 2 days but she raised her hand and laid it on the baby’s head for a few seconds. We were all in awe. That was so like my mother to respond to an infant. It brought tears, but also a smile. 🙂

Thank you, Sweetonda. Thank you.
    (Hug)

That was beautiful Sweetonda…we’re here ((hugs))

Emmegirl, I watch that at least once a week for the chill factor 🙂

The “core” meeting is bouncing in my head!

David spent time with his auntie for her bday.

{{{{{{{Sweetonda}}}}}}}

Betsy#42

So that’s what Traverse City is like!
    Thanks for the fun video!
    If that was a travel video, it sold me!

MT#55
    You’re pretty awesome yourself!

Nice pic, Dja!

Sweetonda, {{{hugs}}} and thank you for relating that final precious moment with your mom.

Sweetonda, that is a sweet, beautiful memory of your mom….got the chills again…..♥

76. angelofdja said

A bit late for Happy Birthday wishes for Jans11! I hope your special day was all you hoped for!

Sweetonda, You made me smile when you spoke of all the quilts your Mom created for her 95 grand kids and great grand kids! What a wonderful and special memory for you all! God Bless you and your family, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

77. angelofdja said

Betsy, ArtPrize was the best huh? All those people… 😉

We are in for quite a show when David returns to the stage! I sure do miss him singing live.

I’m sorry, but every time I come on this site I have to watch David get soaked about a dozen times! 🙂 It’s so much fun to watch! 🙂

71…that photo of “sweet David” is really “sweet”! Glad he’s spending time with family and will be glad when I know that we get to see him live again! Planning for that Christmas concert would be so much fun! 🙂

Angelofdja, thanks for the bd wishes!

Happy Anniversary Crush!

Thanks for the video, dja! We were hanging on and waiting for the midnight hour when this released!! 🙂

You should post the tweet that you re-tweeted from Ashley Frederickson @PowerofOneGirl….. it was an awesome and so true tweet!

Tawna, this one? Very true.

Ashley Frederickson @PowerofOnegirl · Sep 14
    I saw @DavidArchie tonight. He’s always SO kind, graceful and humble! I have so much respect for him!

I’m so proud and impressed with this guy.

BRIAN QUICK ツ @BQuick1
    David Archuleta is in 2 of my classes. So there’s that. #famous

dja, you are just chock full of wonderful goodies today….. thanks for sharing them! Why do we just adore a 23-yo student who stands in front of his class… because we know he is sharing his goodness with even more people…. David is contagious ♥

Happy anniversary to “Crush”! It’s been my ringtone for 6 yrs!

The model student..David! His hair looks longer…. 🙂

And…. I love the thought of him doing a power-point! I don’t know why, but it just makes me cheer inside.
    And I don’t care for power-point presentations!!! I think they have their place, but not for EVERYTHING!!!

so why? I think it is just that I love the thought of him mixing it up with so many people/ideas, etc. Really getting to stand up among peers and have to do his thing…. in LOTS of different ways.

Golly.

so, maybe it wasn’t his … but was the teachers. Anyway… when I see you next DA… when I see you next! (and I will)
    I am gonna see a fella that has been mixed in the mix of ideas, speech, pushed around by dialogue other than just the entertainment industry, someone who has had to stir the soup of life with the spoon of the average person.

Maybe I don’t even really know the reason. But it makes me smile.

(sorry, the school probs asked the students not to tweet him everywhere…. but kudos for the pic all the same. guilty as charged *_*)

Just couldn’t not share 👍😃

Bluesky………..Jans11 – shhhh. We are trying to be sneaky about his hair being longer. He can’t hear it from US! (just let those girls smile at you DA. Works wonders for the hair. ^_^). Okay, I will be real quiet..the girls smiles must be doing it..(whispering) 🙂 hehe

thanks,dja, for all the shares. Love them all!

Howdy! My problem is a new router is needed and on the way. ETA this weekend.

SweetonDa, very sorry for your loss. 95 grandkids and she made quilts for each one of them!? She must have been a very special lady.
    So a core meeting. Is that code for an “intervention”? haha. Seriously, I’m just kidding. I wonder what is in the horizon musically with all the work he’s been doing writing, recording.. I’m sure he can go to college and do music too. Hey, this is the same guy who had school lessons for 2-3 hours every day he was on AI. Time that all the other contestants used to choose and practice their songs and he still almost won the whole thing. I found a quote today I want to share.

“When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been.

But she had wings.” (Dean Jackson)

88. Angelica,
    That’s lovely! I look forward to seeing David spread his wings and fly.

Be on the look-out. Can’t wait to hear: “Coming to a theater near you soon!” Near me, too, I hope. 😀

Chris Priday ‏@chrispriday 22h
    Just kickin it with my boy David Archuleta in SLC #LDS #American #SLC #SLCpunk pic.twitter.com/eNWI2TfXNS

Noah Cook ‏@noahmcook 21h
    @chrispriday definitely a hybrid guy.

Chris Priday ‏@chrispriday 21h
    @noahmcook haha dood he’s legit, followed him and Alex Boÿe out of the BYU salt lake center

Noah Cook ‏@noahmcook 21h
    @chrispriday I love Archie. Boye is my boy too!

Chris Priday ‏@chrispriday 21h
    @noahmcook but for reals it’s him!!! Ask @sterbum

Hmmmm..he was with Alex Boye, very interesting. And really enjoyed the fanboying!

Alex Boye…. I am pretty sure I posted this a while back when I wrote about You Tube opportunities and The Piano Guys. Anyway… here is one of his (their) most loved videos:

Can I say that DA and him….. WAY too much fun. (trying to figure out how DA would be able to stand still…. not happening!!)

“hybrid guy”? do they mean the car – or the genius voice and delivery-soul?

Bluesky, I vote for the man…genius voice and delivery-soul! 🙂

Lol blue sky …what Jan said!

An Alex Boye/Piano Guys collaboration would be incredible!

David tweets!

David Archuleta ✔ @DavidArchie

Feliz 18 de septiembre a los chilenos!! 🙂 Que disfruten estas fiestas patrias comiendo artas empanadas y bailando cuecas! #Chile

Translation:

Happy September 18 Chile!! 🙂 We enjoy this national holiday by eating empanadas and dancing cuecas! #Chile

The cueca is a traditional Chilean dance, performed on holidays. September 18 is Chilean Independence Day. If you missed my article on Chilean dancing, published here, while David was in Chile, here’s an excerpt. Be sure to play the video:

“Like all cultures, Chileans engage in popular and traditional folk dancing to celebrate cultural rituals. Chile prides itself on a traditional dance called “la Cueca” which became the national dance in 1979. Done at weddings, parties, and family gatherings, la cueca is taught to kids in elementary schools in Chile. Dance is an important part of Chilean culture.

The Cueca dancers dress in traditional colorful costumes with men in cowboy hats, horse riding pants, short jackets and riding boots with spurs. Women wear flowered dresses with aprons. They wave handkerchiefs in the air, mimicking playful romantic courting between a hen and a rooster. The character of the male performer is the aggressor and the female performer is elusive and demure.

The choreography of the Cueca is what makes it so appealing. Clap, clap, step, step, swing that handkerchief over your head… don’t fall, step again, now circle your partner… forward, back and pretend you’re a hen…There is an imaginary circle with the male performer in one half and the female in the other. In sync with the background music, the dance always starts with the man extending his arm as an offer to the woman to dance with him. The dance partners stand face to face at a distance from each other. Before the couple starts to dance, they begin clapping their hands to the music. Subtly flirtatious, couples move around each other in circles but all of the flirting is done with eye contact and body movement. There is barely any touching in this dance.

La Cueca is performed at every important festival in Chile, especially on September 18, Chilean Independence Day. Elder Archuleta could not have missed native Chileans performing this dance on that day.”

David on Instagram

davidarchieFeliz 18 de septiembre a los chilenos!! 🙂 Que disfruten estas fiestas patrias comiendo artas empanadas y bailando cuecas! Today is the Chilean Independence Day. My thoughts go to my home of 2 years and I wish the best to all of the Chileans as they celebrate today. I wish I was there to join in but I’ve been playing some traditional Chilean music and trying to teach my family to dance the cueca (not that I have much of a clue how to do it myself) here at home. #Chile

I can just see David’s family dancing the cueca. They are so talented!

New thread>>