September 2014
    « Aug   Oct »
    15161718192021

Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…

Opening My Eyes

Posted by djafan on Saturday, September 6, 2014

29f6e926_o

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” Albert Einstein

I have a fairly long drive from my home to the nearest town, so when I’m not listening to music, I’m thinking.

This was the case the other day as I was driving in silence. I was anguishing over a dilemma that was causing me such pain of spirit and going round and round until a thought came galloping like a wild horse into my mind: “I just wish that something would just reach down out of the sky, just reach right down out of the heavens and OPEN MY EYES!” At the phrase, “open my eyes,” straight to my heart came the snippet of David singing those words. It actually made me shudder with wonder and in that very instant I felt convinced that this album he’s working on will be remarkable.

Tracking vocals tonight with David Archuleta… #Speechless #Talent

A post shared by Andy Albert (@andrewalbert) on

And my own answer came, not shaking my frame all at once, but in quiet little pieces, like pebbles sparkling one by one at the bottom of a clear pool that once was murky. We struggle at what we already know. We squeeze shut our eyes and curse the darkness.

We at The Voice will wait and stand by him or float, if necessary, on what will become crystal clear in time. We will wait, because a singer with his gift will not come again in our lifetime, and because the same guidance that reached down into my car also guided him in that studio. The miracle is not that we are still here, but that we ever were. The miracle is that, for many of us, ever since we first heard him sing “Waiting on the World to Change,” our world has changed in a thousand positive ways. I know “it’s hard to be persistent when you’re standing at a distance.” But we keep right on waiting.

american-idol-david-archuleta-2_610

People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don’t even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child — our own two eyes. All is a miracle.
Thich Nhat Hanh

50 Responses to “Opening My Eyes”

1. beloirti said

Angelica…your thoughts are beautiful. Your ability to express them is a gift. Thanks for sharing and lifting us all…

2. lynnella said

Angelica, I love your posts. They’re always so poetically thought provoking. They make me think in ways I never would have, just as David makes me listen and hear in ways I never have. With both, I listen with my heart, not just my ears. Very beautiful article.

Lynne

Angelica. It sure is a good feeling when something dawns on you. I agree that there will never be another singer with his talent…ever. He did have me since “WOTWTC”, and boy I had no idea how much! I will be here as long as it’s humanly possible; it will be in his time, for it is his life. I really hope I do get to see and hear him sing live again in the near future. (like a Christmas concert 🙂 ) And I agree, his new album will be something else! I love all his albums and I will love any future ones, after all, it is his voice that’s making those songs come alive!

Angelica,

Your words are a breath of fresh air!
    Thank you for reminding us of the reasons we are here and why we will support him forevermore.

Angelica,
    This is beautiful! This part >> “I know “it’s hard to be persistent when you’re standing at a distance.” But we keep right on waiting.”

Who would have thought that line from the first song we heard him sing on AI would be so prophetic? But it certainly fits. Yes, we’ll keep right on waiting.

We go back to Gilbert, AZ for a HOT show for the Sunday puzzle.

7. Sharon McM --- said

Good Morning Angelica! WOW!!!! I have always felt that words can be such beautiful gifts to others.
    Your words felt like a gift and a hug! They will begin my day in a very happy way!

Thank you for sharing the beauty of your heart and soul with us. You have such a beautiful way with words. I think those of us who are here…waiting…have been touched not only by his voice, but more importantly, by his heart. I have never known an artist that possesses both in such abundance! He IS “one of a kind”! He has awakened and inspired me in so many different ways!!! (He did “Open My Eyes”) The little empty hole that I had in my heart when I first heard him sing….was filled with music and with love…and so much more. He helped me find answers to fill that emptiness! He doesn’t know me, he didn’t preach to me, he just provided a light. His gift was long lasting , bringing clarity , happiness, and change for a new direction.

I will keep on waiting….as I have always “rooted for goodness to win.” In our very “messed up” world, I truly believe that someone as special as David will always bring happiness and hope.

Even if David never sings another note for us, ( which I don’t expect to happen) his gift of goodness….through his heart and his voice…. will forever be part of our lives and the lives of so many more!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Hugs to All!

Angelica
    Such words of truth.. and encouragement. This line really pushed itself into my heart. “…a singer with his gift will not come again in our lifetime.” So true. A singer with the gift of not only a beautiful and spiritual voice, but also with a beautiful and spiritual soul that reaches out and penetrates others. It creates in us a desire to be better. It uplifts. It tells us that things really are going to get better. David has shown us however, by example, that we have to be persistent if we want/need things to change in our lives. We have to work to make it happen. Sitting idly by will not get us anywhere. And goodness knows, he does not sit idly by. He is a doer — a mover and a shaker. Yes, I will remain steadfast in my wait for his next move.

Great puzzle, Abs! I was at that “hot” show and it was! I know we will all remember the “musical chairs”…..or the “boot scootin’ chairs”! Anyway, it was fun, like all of David’s concerts. Met a lot of great “Archies” too! He has created a “fan”tastic family! 🙂

Angelica, Yes! To every word! Years ago, almost seven I came upon site with many awesome writers and you stood out because you made a soul connection with David through your words and in turn opened mine to the beauty that we were experiencing when I was so confused and seeking an explanation to my ODD. And here we are, I still don’t have an answer but I know without a doubt that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be. Thank you for putting into words what I feel.

Thanks, Abrra…. the puzzle is another reminder as to why we hang around 🙂

12. I think that it has always been the way with DAVID to let his actions speak louder than any words. The comments are dwindling sadly because most everyone sees he has his plans and quite possibly we are not in the running to be told of anything. I battle back and forth with myself on how to interpret what he does or doesn’t do and I can’t come to a conclusion only that we know very little.

I keep remembering the earlier life of Andre Bocelli and how his dad wanted him to become a lawyer, something with a definite future. So he studied and became a lawyer up until his early thirties. But then, his passion came to light again and Andre Bocelli went on to become a world famous singer and humanitarian. His voice too is known to touch people in a healing way. I believe quite strongly that David will cover all the bases that cross his mind but he will eventually get back on stage.

13. lynnella said

Something we seem to be forgetting, David has been writing and recording since he came back from his mission. I doubt if he would waste his time doing that if he didn’t intend to continue in music. I think he just wants to enrich his life with a formal education. It will make him a more well rounded individual. It seems to me most of the fan base is stressing unnecessarily. He’ll release the music, as he said, when it is right. Everyone just needs to breathe and relax. Give him the time to do what he feels he needs to.

Lynne

14. poof said

Well said Lynnella.
    Angelica, Your posts Always make me respond. I, again, thank you for this beautiful essay. I am always touched by what you write and your “guts” in opening your heart for us to jump inside. If I had only one word to describe David, I would use “beautiful”. The beauty of his music and his soul takes me to a beautiful place. It doesn’t matter if he is singing Bring Him Home or Ribbon in the Sky, and it doesn’t matter if he is being a cute dork or profound, his beauty shines through. I may have over used the word “beautiful” here….. Nope.
    (the picture at the top,,,, shall I say it again?)

15. loulou said

I believe David is covering all his bases.He will be releasing his new music soon,I have all the confidence in him ! There is only one thing ,I think he should keep in contact a little more with his fans , I will always support him .

Poof, This is a quote by C.S. Lewis that Bluesky once shared with me. I think it speaks to what you said above and gives insight into why we are still here.

“We do not want merely to see beauty… we want something else which can hardly be put into words- to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it.”

David has a beauty we can not only hear, but gaze upon and feel. In other words, besides his voice, which we hear and feel and which would completely be enough to hold us as fans, we must add this: a beauty of face and soul and a charisma coupled with humility rarely, if ever, seen in such equal proportions in one person. Add to that, he is now playing very hard to get. LOL. I love a good mystery.

Angelica,
    LOL “I love a good mystery.” I’ve always said one of the reasons David fascinates me so much is he is always surprising me. No matter how hard I try to figure him out, I just can’t seem to do it.

As far as his career, it reminds me of building a house. When it starts out, you have no idea how many things go into getting the construction right. And then you have to do the finishing touches, decorating, to make it what you know it could be. It can be frustrating at times. But the wait is worth it because you know how beautiful it will be in the end and how much you’ll love it.

I see David’s career as currently under construction. There are a lot of details to take care of before he’s ready. But when he’s ready, when he opens those doors and invites us in, it will be a place of beauty that was well worth waiting for.

Angelica’s writing always inspires such wonderful comments!

One thing I’ve learned about this journey is that once you get David, he never lets you go. He has occupied space in our heads for the last seven years. Sometimes he’s right in the forefront and sometimes he’s not but he’s always there. Try getting rid of him and it won’t work. We’re stuck like glue. And what a nice place to be. 🙂

19. lynnella said

MT – I loved your construction comparison. I totally understand what you are saying. About 20 years ago, I worked as an assistant to the project manager on a big hospital job. We were building what is called the Jewish Hospital Heart and Lung Center in Louisville, KY. At that time it was a $24 millon project. I was in a trailer on the jobsite. I loved that job. I got to see the construction from the ground up. They start with a foundation before anything else. If the foundation isn’t what it should be, the whole building could collapse. David is constructing his career in the same way. And even though you can look at the blueprints and see what the finished product is supposed to be, looking at the project about halfway done, you’d never see it. David doesn’t want us to see an unfinished project. Even though he can look at it and see what it’s supposed to be when it’s finished, not everyone has his foresight. I know we fans love every snippet we get, but I’m sure a perfectionist like David would prefer we wait for the finished product. That way it can be fully appreciated. I will wait as long as it takes, because I’m sure it will be well worth it.

Lynne

Oh yes Bebe! David glue is superior to any other sticky stuff you will find. Everlasting.

Poof, I used to struggle using the word “beautiful” in context with David, but I have long since given up that battle. David = Beauty Angelica explains my heart at #16. TY Angelica.

When I first read the title of this article “Opening My Eyes” I thought how perfectly David. He has opened my eyes to a new outlook on everything. There is such a difference in the way I see things since David took over my life.

Sandybeaches, I agree that great talent will not be subjugated. I think David feels a responsibility to share his gift. Lynnella should give us all lessons in patience.

Abrra, the Sunday puzzle was just what we needed. You brought back delightful memories of Gilbert AZ and the magic of that special day. I recall the black wristbands that brought us fans together in a way we had not experienced before. If you saw someone wearing that black band you knew they were kindred spirits.

21. Kaycee said

Angelica, beautiful, thoughtful post. I haven’t commented in several months due to life and its challenges getting in the way, but I haven’t gone anywhere…I’ve continued to enjoy this site and all the wonderful people who comment here.

I loved this and feel the same: ” We will wait, because a singer with his gift will not come again in our lifetime, and because the same guidance that reached down into my car also guided him in that studio.”

David has always followed that inner voice, and it has led to some of the most beautiful heartfelt music I have ever experienced, so if that inner voice is telling him to take his time and experience life along the way, I am happy for him and willing to wait for whatever comes. I sent a quote last night to one of my children who is struggling with a decision. It seemed kind of appropriate to share. it stated:

“Eventually all the pieces will fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.”

Kaycee, Hoping life lets up some 🙂 You have been missed. I could always count on reading your comments late and looked forward to them. That is a really good quote that we can all look too.

MT, Jason the comedian said David was calculated and your construction analogy fits perfect. He said he made a list for what he’s looking at in his MKOP, I could surely see his list for laying the foundation for his life, love, music, career, his fans, all of it. I’m so excited thinking of what we will be getting musically from him, can’t wait 🙂 #patience

This quote from Angelica’s article stands out to me:

“The miracle is not that we are still here, but that we ever were.”

When times are slow like the last two years have been and right now, it’s easy to forget that we’re the lucky ones who ‘get’ David and hear the beauty in his voice. There are many unlucky souls who, sadly, for whatever reason, do not hear what we hear. Not to sound trite but I truly believe that we were blessed.

24. angelofdja said

I’m enjoying all the excellent sidebar photos! Thank you Abrra 😉
    and yes Poof, I agree David is and always has been beautiful! He just is…inside and out!

25. lynnella said

#20 Dayzee, I wish I was as patient as I sound. I guess I just know there’s nothing I can do to change anything, so I may as well make up my mind to try and wait patiently, since I have no other option that won’t totally frustrate me.

Lynne

26. poof said

Angelica,
    Thank you for sharing the C.S. Lewis quote. Yes, that is close to summing things up and put so well. I was always a sucker for the guy who played “hard to get”.

27. Gayle122890 said

The man is still in it. Nothing about him has sent out the message that he has reached the point of No Mas. And I am still here. Because there is in me something that was started for me back in May of 2008 and I know that as far as we’ve come to know David, he is one that understands the meaning of “Finish what you start.”.

“In the past, I’ve experienced the feeling of anticipation for upcoming new and exciting things from David. And it’s been quite the ride, but since the times he tweeted about creating his own work environment, and more importantly, about discovering what it’s like to write from the heart, I know that something has clicked. Some major gears have been set in motion.”

Chills!

Well, Angelica ,you’ve done it again.I love your posts.This one is a beautifully written reminder of why we are here.You rock!
    This simple statement “We will wait, because a singer with his gift will not come again in our lifetime”
    YES! We knew it then,we know it now.It’s a fact.
    “The miracle is that, for many of us, ever since we first heard him sing “Waiting on the World to Change,” our world has changed in a thousand positive ways.”
    Amen to that!
    As Dayzee said…”He has opened my eyes to a new outlook on everything. ”
    That, and he stole my heart while he was at it♥

And to S.B,
    I had a dream last night and you were in it! lol
    I find this funny because we have never met, in person yet.
    So this is what I remember. We were outdoors, sitting next to each other on some stadium bleachers(like a high school football stadium found in any high school here in the USA )
    The sky was darkening.David was somewhere hidden from view,and we were waiting to have our name called to go into a vip area to meet him. It was a long wait and a storm was coming but then you were called,then me.When I walked up to David he asked me a question in Spanish..and I answered him, in fluent Spanish like I had been speaking it all my life.Then I woke up. hahaha
    Just wanted to thank you for sitting with me in the bleachers SB♥
    ~sky
    p.s.
    (just like my real VIP, don’t know what I said to him.lol)

30. Sky, that is a strange dream but sometimes all that we have gone through over the past few years seems now like a dream. I am certain that there must be some purpose and from the start we wondered what it was. We were always looking for the missing piece to the puzzle, but the journey continues and the missing piece won’t be found until it does.

Most of us are dreamers in some way, some are musicians, others are writers or artists. We all hope for pretty much the same thing! 🎼🎶🎹 🎸👦

SB, where’d you get those emojis?

32. Angelica, I googled emojis looking for some and they showed how to install them for iPhone 4. I am thinking they are just for the iPhone.

33. Angelica, I googled emojis looking for some and they showed how to install them for iPhone 4. I am thinking they are just for the iPhone. I will check and see.

34. A duplicate! 🙀!

And for my native country 🍁!

I will go and check now …….

35. This is what I used….

😜😝😘💋💐🎼🎶🎸Thanks!👍

I knew I could do it with messaging and Facebook, but I didn’t know they would work here. 👍

And thanks all of you for the warm comments. I ♥ you all!

You knew I’d have to try this, right?
    🎶 💞. 👍. 💐 🎻 🎤 🎹 🎼 🎧 😀

Now to see if it works!

haha That smiley looked so happy on my phone but here it’s a little scary looking! And the ear buds came out as head phones. They change!

👌🙏👏👍✌️👇💐🌻🌞🎶🎵🎸🎹🎧🎴✈️

41. gladys1961 said

A long time ago I do not comment here. Sometimes I feel that things are going too slow, and I get angry. Sometimes I feel ashamed of my impatience.
    But then I think, that a child of 17 years, change the way I saw my life, change my thinking and my way of living. He changed everything, for 50 years I lived in a way, and now other doors opened for me.
    Maybe that’s why I’m here, David deserves, I have patience.
    I know that the next 50 years will be wonderful.

42. ray said

gayle122890,upper left hand cornner, i feel the same as you .spot on

I think something great is coming, too. 🙂

I’ve been exercising to Heart Falls Out lately. (Still loving that song ♥) Afterward, I said, “Feels SO good!” Then I realized, I sounded just like David! haha He’s right! And if you’re not exercising to David’s music, you should try it. 😀

What a face!

for Gayle & Ray… ^_^

David tweeted!

David Archuleta ✔ @DavidArchie

The world is noisy. How much time do we take to get rid of distractions and actually be still, & listen to our own instincts & thoughts?

He tweeted!!!!!!!!

Have to admit I had the blues today but they are all gone 😀💙😄

Saw this the other day on twitter. I think it explains why we are still here. If I had only heard David sing and that was all the information I had, I’d still be a fan. We are the lucky ones who heard that unique quality in his voice that keeps us forever bonded to him and to each other.

David Archuleta @DavidArchie
    Remembering being at Station 54 in Manhattan on the 1st #911anniversary. God bless the families of those heroes. youtube.com/watch?v=F6CgxI…