November 2013
    « Oct   Dec »
    18192021222324

jans11 on David Archuleta ~ Tour Tickets…
    tawna21 on David Archuleta ~ Tour Tickets…
    tawna21 on David Archuleta ~ Tour Tickets…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Tour Tickets…

• Click on picture to buy “Postcards In The Sky” on itunes

• Click the picture to buy “Leo EP” on iTunes

David Archuleta ~ La Voz en Español

Posted by MT on Sunday, November 10, 2013

21419674-1024x682rr

When it comes to David, I’m quite often “all about the career.” I think David’s voice is so phenomenal that the world simply MUST acknowledge it.  But on a personal level, it’s all about listening to the voice. That voice is what I’m dying to experience live.  The Voice, the voice, the voice. No special songs. No special theme. Just the voice singing anything he wants to to sing.

Like many of you I can’t wait until David gets home. He has been sorely missed. But thoughts of his homecoming bring up many questions. How will he have changed? What will he look like? (Once he has hair again.) Will his voice be deeper? Will his personality have changed? One thing we can be pretty sure of is that he’ll come home with an accent and speaking fluent Spanish.

The thought that naturally follows is; Will David be recording in Spanish soon after he gets back home and back to singing? I usually love David’s voice singing anything, but I wonder. If he does a whole album in Spanish, would I really want to buy it? After all, I wouldn’t understand a word he sings. So, I did a little research and made an interesting discovery.

I decided to listen closely to something he both recorded and performed live in Spanish. Listen to this “Riu Riu Chiu”from Verona. The whole thing is beautiful, but the part from 2:20 to the end where there are no words, just his voice. Gahhhhh…to die for vocals!

Now tell me it doesn’t make your little heart ache and sing with joy at the same time. As I listened to that last part I was so enthralled (that ending is exquisite) and it suddenly dawned on me. David has recorded tons of songs and I have loved them all, in the beginning. But it actually takes me a while to decide whether or not I really like the SONG. OK. That sounds strange. What I mean is, at first all I hear is his voice, not the lyrics. I’m so excited that I get to hear him sing ANYTHING new, that I don’t really listen to the words because I’m too busy drowning in his voice. After I’ve heard each song a few dozen times, I finally reach a point where I actually pay attention to the lyrics and decide if I like the song itself. Or I should say, which songs I like more and which I like less.

So…all of this to say that if David does make a Spanish album, it may very well be my favorite of all even though I won’t understand the words. It might actually be BECAUSE I don’t understand the words. It would be like all the background vocals that I love so much. He usually isn’t even singing actual words, just sounds. All I hear is him vocalizing the emotions he’s feeling. Sooo beautiful! I think his songs in Spanish might have that same effect on me.

Without the distraction of what the song is ABOUT, it will just be..the Voice. So David, bring on the Spanish album!! I am ready!!

How ready are you for a whole album of soft consonants sung by David?

3ccf5211_o

MT is a staff writer for The Voice.

78 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ La Voz en Español”

1. Reblogged this on Morsels of Bread and commented:
    David James Archuleta is an amazing young talent that has already proven himself in the world of professional music, and will continue to stir audiences the world over with his amazing abilities. He does not strain to sing his songs, but his melodic voice is very soothing and pleasing. He has one of those voices that sweeps the audience away, and always leaves them wanting to hear more of his repertoire. He is destined to go far. As long as audiences will keep listening, David will keep singing, but then even if the performances should end (and I doubt they will), he will find a way to share his music, as music is in his blood.

Keithlbrown,

Welcome to The Voice and thank you for reblogging MT’s article and for your service to our country.

MT,

You know I am dying for that promised Spanish album and I don’t understand a word of Spanish either. You said,

“…if David does make a Spanish album, it may very well be my favorite of all even though I won’t understand the words. It might actually be BECAUSE I don’t understand the words. It would be like all the background vocals that I love so much. He usually isn’t even singing actual words, just sounds. All I hear is him vocalizing the emotions he’s feeling.”

Exactly the way I feel. And yes, I listened to the end. Glorious! What I give up in lyrical comprehension is replaced by a heightened experience of just the sound itself. The way he plays with the shape of a vowel or the way he infuses a phrase with so much emotion. I seem to understand it on another level, as though he is communicating with my spirit, devoid of the trappings of this world. It’s the same reason I love abstract paintings. It is just the THING itself, not trying to be anything else but color, form, and pure energy. Powerful stuff that is just waiting to be released. I think he will have been changed in a good way by the culture, language and feelings of the people and places he is soaking up in Chile. The thought of him speaking with an accent? I can’t even….  photo smileymaniaat_03060.gif

And just because no thread about David singing in Spanish would be complete without this total perfection of a performance.

3. Now and again I would play David’s live performance of Contigo En La Distancia from the ALMA Awards in ’09 and always loved it. The man can sing anything!! Even with his Christmas album with some of the songs I never even heard of before and the language I still enjoyed them because of the FEELING I got from them. Especially with Riu Riu Chiu I always pictured the Nutcracker for some reason LOL it was cute but they always made me happy.

If Enrique Iglesias and others like him can succeed doing both English AND Spanish albums, the odds are in David’s favor that he can do the same. If he does a Spanish album when he gets back more power to him it’ll be interesting to see what he does. Like you said MT it’s the voice that makes you like them and I definitely agree but the passion and emotion play a role as much as the voice itself, but they always go hand in hand 🙂

We’ll see what he does!!

4. emmegirl14 said

Just want to give my thanks and gratitude to all you guys here at The Voice for your commitment and hard work. I often feel like I am just too busy to even make a quick comment – I can’t even imagine the time you all spend on keeping this going. I am so grateful and appreciative to have my online home, a place I always feel welcome.

MT, great article! “It would be like all the background vocals that I love so much. He usually isn’t even singing actual words, just sounds”, Oh yeah, I’m as excited for a Spanish album as anything else he has done! “How ready are you for a whole album of soft consonants sung by David?”…..bring it on!!

Angelica, “The way he plays with the shape of a vowel”…THIS has always killed me!!!!!!!!

My prayers go out to all those in the Philippines affected by the terrible devastation of Haiyan.

5. Even though I can’t understand the lyrics, I can feel the “soul” of it. He sang it passionately and greatly. 😀

A Spanish album? Why not! I started studying Spanish myself yesterday and it didn’t feel difficult to me (maybe because I really want to have a conversation with David and some of Archies that hardly understand English).

What a great article indeed! :)))) Keep up the good work MT and the other admins. 😀

Interesting article, MT. Oh, I would buy a Spanish album by David! I will buy any album by David because I don’t care what language it’s in, whether it’s fast or slow, pop or gospel, I just love his voice…period!! 🙂 Just look at the way he sang “The Prayer” in Italian last Christmas! Oh, wow…just, oh, wow!!! Six languages he sings in, the guy is a genius! I can go merrily along in my daily activities and when I put on David’s music, I’m sunk! It’s like I know he is so good and I know I love his singing, but when I hear it, it’s almost hearing for the first time…I get goosies, I sing with him, I smile, I throw my hand up, I skip and it all goes right into my heart! I know I’m OTT with ODD! That’s just the way it is! 🙂

Wanted to join Chat last night, but my sister and her husband came in from out of town for the evening. It wasn’t a complete loss though, 🙂 I showed them a lot of the NA episodes from Youtube. I guess, the Philippines was on our minds. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people there for all their losses. 😦

#DA2014 ♥

What a great article MT. I’m in the group that doesn’t understand anything but English, but I would definitely buy a Spanish album. After all, like you said, it’s the Voice. It’s the Voice that can lift and soothe a troubled heart and mind. It’s the Voiced that can put the pep in a slow step. It’s the Voice that always takes me to ‘that place’ (‘Don’t Give Up’ at the end where his voice and Libby Linton’s meld together), It’s the Voice that can get me rockin’ and jumpin’! Just love it, no other words!

Why can’t I make myself learn Spanish?! …. can’t know why … I just don’t do it :/

Jans11… ‘OTT with ODD!’ I’m with you and love it that way 🙂

I’m ready for that Spanish album, MT.

Any sound that comes out of David’s mouth, in any language, whether it’s English, Spanish, Latin, French, Tagalog or anything at all is glorious. Therefore, it makes sense that even if you don’t understand the language, it doesn’t take away from the song because it’s the sound of his voice that gives us so much pleasure. Language is no barrier.

Matter of fact, I’ve been looking on YouTube for a particular video of a compilation of the sounds David makes when he sings. It includes humming, wailing and other sounds. Unfortunately, I can’t find the video. It may have been pulled it from YouTube for being too beautiful. LOL If anyone has it, kindly post it here. Thank you.

I really enjoy your articles, MT!

Jans,

I agree. Each time I hear David sing it’s like it’s the first time again. I’m always shocked at how gorgeous his voice is.

Tawna,

I couldn’t agree with you more about how Libby’s and David’s voices blend at the end of “Don’t Give Up”.
    5:06=Pure Heaven.

credit btrfan2097

I’ve been watching the news and it’s so heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those suffering from the devastation from Haiyan. ♥

Keithbrown,
    Welcome and thanks for reblogging. :)) I’m glad you liked it.

Angelica,
    haha Yes, I do know you’re one of us who are hoping for a Spanish album. 🙂 Wasn’t the end of that Riu Riu Chiu just gorgeous! His voice there gives me goosebumps. 🙂 Thanks for posting Contigo, too. You’re right. You can’t mention David and Spanish songs and not think of that fabulous performance.

Kristin,
    I think you’re right that the odds are in his favor for him being successful recording in both languages. 🙂 And this: “Even with his Christmas album with some of the songs I never even heard of before and the language I still enjoyed them because of the FEELING I got from them.”

Ahhh that’s it exactly. When he sings in Spanish it’s all about how he makes you FEEL the song. He even moves differently when he performs a Spanish song. Has anyone else noticed that? Hmmm. I’ll just say I love him singing in Spanish and moving to a Latin rhythm. 🙂

Emmegirl,
    Nice to see you here. 🙂 I take it you’re another fan of the background vocals? haha I love those!!!

Jeffrey,
    “Even though I can’t understand the lyrics, I can feel the “soul” of it. He sang it passionately and greatly.” You are so right! And good luck with learning Spanish!

Jan,
    “It’s like I know he is so good and I know I love his singing, but when I hear it, it’s almost hearing for the first time…I get goosies, I sing with him, I smile, I throw my hand up, I skip and it all goes right into my heart!” Awwww, that’s beautiful!

Tawna,
    Love what you said there. David does all those things and more through his music. And I know what you mean about learning Spanish. I had every intention when he left to do it. Haha I just didn’t happen.

Bebe,
    Aww, thanks. 🙂 And I know what you mean about it still surprising you. If I go a day without listening to his music (doesn’t happen often) it catches me by surprise all over again, amazing me anew, and reaching out to me and capturing my heart all over again.

Bebe,
    I couldn’t find the one you were talking about, but did find this one of him humming from his Christmas songs.

credit: omygoshashley

Yep, no words necessary and language doesn’t even matter.

12. Suzy-Q said

It’s funny that this article comes the day after I have a dream of David singing Spanish. In the dream I standing next to him with a group of people and he is wearing a dark blue shirt with a couple of stripes of crystals. I remark to myself that it seems strange to see him wear something that sparkles but, I like it and I tell him that he looks good in that shade of blue. As he starts to sing, I am wondering what he’s chosen. The songs turns out to be a Spanish song and the audience is loving it. I didn’t understand the words but it didn’t matter because he sang it beautifully. What’s weird is that he sang the first verse of a song that I have never heard before and yet I knew it was in Spanish. Dreams are so strange. I am glad I remembered this one.

Watching the Verona performance of Riu Riu Chiu I am drawn in not only by David’s voice but by his hands and body movements. Simply memorizing!!!!

I am so glad that I was able to attend one of his Christmas performances. It was a thrill!!!!!

I totally agree with the comments about his movements in Spanish songs… so expressive and mesmerizing.

Suzy-Q! Awesome dream!!!

Suzy-Q & Tawna,
    HIs movements when singing in Spanish really are mesmerizing and it seems to come so naturally to him.

Question: Has an artist ever put out one album with some songs in English and some in Spanish? And what about songs that mix languages? A song sung half in English and half in Spanish?

Does anyone know?

Great article, MT. That Riu Riu Chiu omygosh.
    I remember the first time I heard him say anything in Spanish, it was on AI and he was talking about his most embarrassing moment.
    He said he went to Honduras and was singing Contigo En La Distancia – WHOOOOAAAA – did he just say that with a perfect accent? Why yes, he did.

No worries anymore, he is most likely speaking like a native and will all be KEELED when he sings in Spanish.
    Bring on what he was born to do: A Spanish album.

16. gladys1961 said

I had the great privilege of hearing David sing in Spanish, only his voice and a piano background. But the greatest miracle was listening to a short speech in Spanish. He explained why he was there in Chile, for he had decided to be a missionary. He said: I came here following my heart.
    And I thought that I did the same. I went to Chile following David, because he has my heart.

Gladys, David has such a big heart…. so big that it holds all of ours. ♥♥

14…MT, I have a Freddie Fender album and he sings in English and Spanish. He mixes all the songs up. Some are all English and some are Spanish and some are half and half. I just love it because it has all the old soul songs on it and I can just hear David singing them. 🙂 I have a copy that I was going to send to David for the holidays, but I thought it was too soon. So planning on sending it to him around Valentine’s Day.. I know that David won’t copy off it, but it will give him ideas. Not that he doesn’t have good ones, but he might not even know who he is since they are from different decades. And he may know the songs, but hasn’t heard Freddie sing them. If I ever hear him sing some of the songs, I’ll know that he liked the album. 🙂

I love “Don’t Give Up”…I love the whole album, “Begin”. I listen to it every day. It’s part of my being!! I didn’t like some of the cover songs, but with him singing them, he made them his own!

Have you heard the sleep number commercial where the guy says “oh, yeah”? That’s the way I feel when David sings….Oh, yeah! 🙂

#DA2014

19. “How ready are you for a whole album of soft consonants sung by David?”
    Soooo ready MT, Bring on that album! I can’t wait to hear him speak/sing in Spanish, after being immersed, in the language and culture of Chile for 2 years.
    Just love so many things you said in this post! That Verona video is so good.Gahhh! I was so blown away by Riu Riu Chiu when he sang it on the first Christmas tour.Something special happens when he brings out his Honduran side and sings in spanish.It’s just so natural a fit. I’ll just just call it what it is… the S.N.E. ( Spicy Nacho Effect) which happens to both the singer the listener.haha Guess when you’ve got it, you’ve got it, no matter what language you sing in.
    The sounds that David emits are incredible sounds.He just pulls them out of wherever,thin air! That voice makes everything sound so beautiful.You hit the nail on the head.
    I cannot wait for you to experience David singing live! That voice HAS to be experienced live.You will turn into that little puddle guy that Angelica posted, haha

Remember when Randy said about Love Me Tender,”I love how you caressed each word.”
    To me, every consonant,every sound he makes,is like a sweet caress.

Betsy,
    “Remember when he said that Spanish was his first language, but soon he *lost it*, because his parents didn’t keep up the Spanish with him.”

I remember that. It’s not surprising that Spanish was his first language. You can even hear just a hint of it on certain words when he’s speaking or singing in English. “She’s Na Chew” comes to mind. lol And sometimes he doesn’t enunciate the “ing” sound. There a only few words I’ve noticed it on. I think it’s from listening to his family speak Spanish his whole life. All things considered, singing in Spanish would be as easy as breathing for him, especially after spending two years in Chile.

Gladys & Tawna,
    “Gladys, David has such a big heart…. so big that it holds all of ours. ♥♥” So true.

Jan,
    Thanks for sharing the info about Freddie Fender. I’ll have to check him out. And I’m sure David would love your gift. I think it’s a great idea. I would love an album half in Spanish and half in English like that from David. Something for everyone! 😀

Sky,
    “I’ll just call it what it is… the S.N.E. ( Spicy Nacho Effect)” hahaha You go, girl! Tell it like it is!

Oops, hit enter and it posted before I was finished. lol

Sky,
    “You will turn into that little puddle guy that Angelica posted, haha” hahaha I can’t wait to turn into a puddle of goo. I get all tingly just thinking about it. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Oh, speaking of mixing Spanish and English in a song, I just remembered this! So much fun, too!!!!

credit: genevievewang

MT#11

Not sure now if that’s the video but thanks for trying! It’s a good one too!

Not only is today Veteran’s Day; it’s also the fifth anniversary of the release of David’s first album!

24. Jeffrey Cadungog said

Happy 5th birthday of DAVID ARCHULETA! LoL. 🙂

Guys, maybe I’ll not attend/ comment to the blogs and video chats because next week we will sent into a community for our Immersion Program and it will last for 6 weeks. I’m gonna miss you all.. 😦 😥

Aw, Jeff. We will miss you too! Good luck and come back when you’re through. 🙂

26. Of course. thanks. 😀

I’m bringing David’s songs with me.. LoL

MT

You ask what David will be like 2 years later. I am going with matured and confident in what he wants from life and himself. He has had to do many things way out of his comfort zone while on his mission. There was no road manager to turn to when things got crazy 🙂

There is a certain passion that David exhibits when he sings in Spanish. I watched the video you posted at the top and took a few scream caps.

photo 34a_zps506e8ae6.jpg

This is just after he hit the high note and snapped his mic hand forcefully downward. He is definitely feeling the moment.

There is a slight pause that looks like this:

photo 35_zps8144f8fd.jpg

I call this his attempt to recover and come back from that place he goes when he is so caught up in the song.

photo 36_zpsdb8b67a6.jpg

This is my favorite expression. He does it in just about every song. He is back to earth and gives the crowd a sheepish grin as if to say, ” You really liked it, huh? ”

I do not have high hopes for a Spanish album in the near future. I do have an expectation that David will mix in some Spanish covers either on his first tour or when he puts out some music in 2014. What better way to test the water of the Spanish market? If he tours and sings a few songs in Spanish the fan videos will be all over YouTube. This is something I wish for the Spanish fans sooner than later. In talking to Djafan and Gladys, I know that Latino fans hunger to hear David sing in their language.

I tried to locate the YouTube Bebe mentioned. I wasn’t able to find it. But, I do have an MP3 of it in the Candy Jar. You can listen to it before you download if you like. That’s a new feature on Mediafire.

[audio src="http://www.mediafire.com/download/fko7thx0etdga92/David+Archuleta+Humming+from+CFTH%28+no+words%29.mp3" /]

To those who serve and have served our country. Thank you for your service!

photo veterans_day_2007_poster1a_zpse60feae0.jpg

#27 That’s it, Abs! Thanks so much! 🙂

Great scream caps, Abrra. Have you noticed how David, at times, fiddles with the scarf like it’s a blankie (not the times when he’s putting it in place). Then there are the times that he holds onto his jacket like he is trying to hold himself in place? I love David’s little idiosyncracies. ♥

Bebe,
    I couldn’t find the one you mentioned, but I see Abrra has. Yayyy Abs!! and thanks for the mediafire link. Wow, I can’t think of anyone else who would make me listen to 6 minutes of “no words” singing. LOL And I loved it. ♥

Thanks so much for the scream cap scenario. I love how you made them tell a story about David and you are spot on with your descriptions. I am so excited to see the David that comes home.

Hope everyone had a nice Veterans Day. A great big Thank You! to all those who serve and to those who have served in the past.

And Happy Anniversary to the little red CD!

31. angelofdja said

MT, I would buy anything David is selling! He could be singing “Pig Latin” and I would LOVE it! LOL!
    Five years ago today Nov. 11, 2008 I smoked my last cigarette. After numerous attempts to quit my 30 year habit, listening to David’s music and following his lead made quitting a lot easier to handle.
    My deepest condolences to all the families who have lost loved ones because of Haiyan.

David Archuleta @DavidArchie
    Congratulations to David’s sister Claudia & her husband Adam. Violeta Oquirrh Platt will be born early Spring! (KS) pic.twitter.com/KvUSc9LQps

We wish them all the best!

#31 angelofdja

WOW! That is quite an accomplishment. Stopping smoking is about the hardest habit to overcome. Congrats to you and your good health 🙂

Angelofdja,
    “He could be singing “Pig Latin” and I would LOVE it!” hahaha I think we’d all agree on that. 🙂 Oh, and congratulations on quitting smoking!

Thanks for bringing that tweet. Awww, Congrats to Claudia and her hubby on having a beautiful little girl next spring! So happy for them. 🙂

MT#30,

I knew you’d love the video! It’s the one I was telling you about a while ago but I couldn’t locate for the last year! Fortunately for us, Abrra saved it to the candy jar! 🙂

Angelofdja#31,

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I can really understand how David’s voice made it easier for you to handle.

By the way, about a year ago, we talked about how we are both fans of the TV show “Nashville”. Are you still watching? Steno and Sky watch it too. Was wondering if there are more of David’s fans out there who watch the show. It’s been so good this season!

Congratulations are also in order for David’s sister, Claudia and her husband, Adam!
    “Uncle David”! I like the sound of it!!

Congratulations to Claudia and Adam! “Uncle David”….what a treat to come home to right after his mission is up! He must be so pumped! “Oquirrh?” Yet Violetas are sweet.

Speaking of sweet, my phone is looking pretty that these days.

photo misshim-1.jpg

Congrats to you too, Angelofdja. Wish I’d had the aural gratification of David’s songs to help me through my own quitting smoking days. Alas, he had not even been born yet.

Sky, you crack me up. ” I’ll just just call it what it is…”

37. Donna said

MT, thanks for your thoughtful post. My reply, in a word: Sí!

38. MUNK_MA said

Oquirrh is the name of a temple.

39. angelofdja said

Abrra, MT, Bebe, and Angelica, thanks for the congrats with the smoking thing. Although I have no desire to light-up, I continue to tell myself I’m still quitting. Works For Me!

Munk, I had to look up Oquirrh also! Baby Violeta will have a wonderful Uncle David and a large extended family to shower with love! (and sing lullaby’s to) Congrats to Claudia and Adam!

40. Congratulations Claudia and Adam!!! :D. David will be an uncle when he returns!! What a perfect gift! 😀

Munk, thanks for the information on the name. I didn’t know the South Jordon Utah Temple was renamed the Oquirrh Temple as it sits at the foot of the Oquirrh mountains. Pronounced O-ker. I like. I’m thinking that was where they were married. 🙂

42. Does Oquirrh a church? What’s gonna happen there? Just curious.

43. Violeta Oquirrh Platt! What a unique and CUTE name! 😀

I was thinking what will be her nickname? I’m bad at giving nicknames. lol

“So…all of this to say that if David does make a Spanish album, it may very well be my favorite of all even though I won’t understand the words. It might actually be BECAUSE I don’t understand the words.”
    MT – I think you were in my brain when you wrote that! LOL
    I want a Spanish album ASAP!
    I hope he records Contigo En La Distancia one day. I want to see him in a music video like this one, beautiful woman optional. A live performance in this style would even be better.

The Oquirrh Temple is a new one (2009). There is the Jordan River Temple, also, that is quite close to the Oquirrh. I’m pretty sure that is where Adam and Claudia were married.

Jeffrey, I would call her Lettie if she were my child and named Violeta. Just my thoughts on a nickname.

Tawna,

That’s the same site I came across last night and this is the last paragraph. That’s what led me to believe it was once the South Jordan Utah Temple.

“On December 16, 2006, President Hinckley presided at the groundbreaking ceremony where he announced the official name of the temple as the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple. It has been previously called the South Jordan Utah Temple. The beautiful Oquirrh Mountains form the western boundary of the Salt Lake Valley.”

confused emoticon photo: emoticon_confused emoticon_confused.gif

37. Donna,
    “Si!” <<< haha I like your answer. Gets right to the point!

Fen,
    "I think you were in my brain when you wrote that! LOL" hahaha I guess great minds think alike! 😉

Angelica,
    You come up with the cutest little smilies! They always make me laugh.

31…Angelofdja….congrats on quit smoking, it’s a very hard thing to do. I’m like Angelica, I also quit a few years before David was born! 🙂 I know if I had had David’s voice to listen to, it would made it a lot easier! 🙂

32…Congrats to Claudia and Adam on their new baby daughter! What a great homecoming for Uncle David! 🙂

Bebe, I still watch Nashville and it was really good tonight. I always like the scenes in the Bluebird Cafe since I was there in May! ♥

#DA2014 Angelica, all those little blue dots are sure looking good! 🙂 🙂

Fen#44,

Thanks for the Luis Miguel video of Contigo. Being loyal to David’s version, I almost didn’t click on it but I was curious. I understand now what you mean. Although I love it with just the guitar, David’s voice, backed up by an orchestra would enhance his performance even more.

Angelofdja#39,

“Bebe, It has been hit or miss on watching Nashville for me. I tape it and still haven’t watched nearly as much as I wish to! Where does the time go?”

You have to start watching again. This season is so good! And tonight’s episode had me on the edge of my seat! I’m also learning a lot about the cut throat record business. Sadly, it’s even worse than I thought. If you don’t have big bucks to give to radio stations or you don’t kiss up, they won’t play your music. Simple as that.

Jans#48,

Glad to hear you watch the show too! Yes tonight’s show was terrific! So that makes five of us. Any more?

50. Good morning out there!! 😀

I feel depressed and worried. Maybe because I’m just sleepy. LoL. Listening to Melodies of Christmas and repeated it several times to ease the mood and that’s why I’m still awake. hahaha.

Just passed by to say Hi!
    3 more days and I’ll be gone for 6 weeks. 😦 I’m gonna miss you guys!

44. Fen, that was a soft and soothing arrangement by the orchestra,I LOVE Contigo.I hope David records it one day too!

angelofdja,, omg you have to start watching Nashville again! Hard to keep up with all the goings on,its a fast paced show.
    Last night was full of surprises.:) holey moley!
    Jan, I forgot you were there in May, thats right!

“Uncle” David♥ awww
    ~sigh~

Abs, loving those screamcaps:)

50.aww Jeffrey,you will be missed too
    .. we’ll be here when you get back,keeping the home fires burning!

Fen,
    I finally had time to watch the video of CELD. I agree. I would love a video like that for David! I think the beautiful Lady should be left in, just changed to someone more David’s age. I actually had a hard time listening to it though, because he sings it differently. LOL I just can’t get David’s version and the way he sings it out of my head. ♥

54. Sky>> Yeah!! 😀

44…Fenfan, good video of CELD, but with David singing it, it would be excellent!! 🙂 I agree on the format tho.

45…Tawna, I think Lettie would be cute for her nickname too.

50…Jeffrey, will miss you too! Wow, 6 weeks and it will be Christmas time. Good luck in your endeavors!

#DA2014

56. angelofdja said

Jeffrey, travel safely! When you get back, we will be just 3 months from David’s return!
    I am excited to see him and hear what he has for us musically. But, I won’t mind if he takes a little time for himself.

MT, Bebe, Sky and Jans – Yes just substitute David for Luis and that video would be perfect. Of course, as MT said, the woman should be David’s age. And the song should be sung David style. LOL
    MT – the LM version is definitely quite different. I too can’t get used to it. Whenever I listen to LM sing Contigo I “correct” him with David’s version in my head. HAHA

In chat recently, we were singing discussing Broadway and musicals and started singing Surrey with the Fringe on Top lol.
    There has been a new development. Hugh Jackman just remade it and it’ll be on PBS tonight.
    Here’s a taste:

p.s. I love Hugh Jackman

59. Jans11>> Thanks! We will be returning home only for Christmas day and New Year but we will return there again..

Angelofdja>> Yeah! I’m also very excited for that! 😀

Let’s show David some love! The time to send him cards for Christmas and his birthday is coming up soon.

photo November-Calendar-mailing_zpsf27a9118.jpg

Mailing deadline for Christmas and Birthday items is November 25th. Send all mail to:

David Archuleta

P.O. Box 4297

Apopka, FL 32704

USA

Hello everyone!!!!! Just stopping by to say hi and to let you all know how much I miss you!!!! Life has been “full” as of late and sometimes overwhelming. But I thank God for the opportunities I’ve been given to learn and grow and to exercise patience! Thank you David (women’s conference FTW!) for this wonderful way of looking at all of life’s experiences. ((((hugs to all))))

Hugs Djafan. ❤
    (life can be overwhelming at times. Don't I know it. Keep smiling, as my mom used to say)

“Listen to this “Riu Riu Chiu”from Verona. The whole thing is beautiful, but the part from 2:20 to the end where there are no words, just his voice. Gahhhhh…to die for vocals!”

Ahhhh, Dear MT!! I have been gone for a while.. and have not read all the posts. But I could not pass by an opportunity to praise “Riu Riu Chiu”. This is the song I played over and over and over and over and over and over and….. over. And it is also a LOT of fun to watch him as he performs it. I do not say “sings” it. Nope, this he “performs” (as he does many of his songs). This one he slips into like a millionaire “slips” onto his yacht, like a gorilla “slips” through the trees, like Iron Man “slips” into the big red suit. In other words: he owns it. And he moves like he owns it.

Just sayin’

And I hope to be back for more reading …. love you guys. Thanks so much MT for the remembrance. And for the promise of lots more ear candy.

djafan, here’s hoping things will be getting better for you. Sometimes it is just “one day at a time” and “putting one foot in front of the other”. 🙂

Sent my cards to David last week. Time is marching by! 🙂

#DA2014

Bluesky, I love your imagery. Very aptly put!

“…“Riu Riu Chiu”. This is the song I played over and over and over and over and over and over and….. over. And it is also a LOT of fun to watch him as he performs it. I do not say “sings” it. Nope, this he “performs” (as he does many of his songs). This one he slips into like a millionaire “slips” onto his yacht, like a gorilla “slips” through the trees, like Iron Man “slips” into the big red suit. In other words: he owns it. And he moves like he owns it.”

Betsy, That was fun singing “Surrey with the Fringe on Top” in chat. Don’t remember what started it. lol. I love Hugh Jackman too! I wish I had been able to catch his one man show on Broadway during David’s MKOC tour but it opened too late for me to get tix. Isn’t he wonderful in that 1998 PBS production of “Oklahoma”? It was my very first encounter with Hugh Jackman and I was completely smitten. How could you not be?

photo oklahoma-hugh-jackman.jpg

Betsy,

Loved seeing Hugh Jackman perform “Surrey With The Fringe On Top” in your link. I am a huge fan of Rogers and Hammerstein plays and although I had the chance to see “Oklahoma” on Broadway, I would have loved to have seen it with Hugh Jackman. Came home too late tonight and missed the performance! Argggh! Hope to catch it on a rerun.

Speaking of Rogers and Hammerstein plays, there will be a live performance of “The Sound of Music” starring Carrie Underwood in the role of Maria. It will be a three-hour telecast on NBC on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. http://www.nbc.com/sound-of-music/

Bluesky,

I love your metaphors!
    Miss you!

Angelica,

I remember what started the discussion of “Oklahoma” and the ensuing chorus of “Surrey With the Fringe on Top” in chat. We were speculating about possible offers David may have received since he’s been gone and wondered if any were for plays. That led to a discussion of how his voice would be suited for a Broadway musical. Then we went around the room and everyone mentioned what plays they have seen. I threw “Oklahoma” into the mix and you mentioned the song “Surrey With The Fringe on Top”. And we began singing. Haha It doesn’t take much to get us started. Fun times!

67. From Philippines, how can I send a Christmas and birthday card to David? I just wanted to send one but I don’t know how!

Jeffery

Just buy the cards (or you can write David a short greeting in a letter) and address them and add postage. When I am not sure how much postage to put on the envelops, I bring my cards to the post office and they calculate the amount needed and sell me stamps to attach.

David Archuleta
    P.O. Box 4297
    Apopka, FL 32704
    USA

Hey I remember that discussion on musicals in Chat! It was fun.
    PBS won’t let me watch the Hugh Jackman vid Betsy posted. So I went to Youtube and found vids of the entire performance of Oklahoma in 18 parts by the original London cast including Hugh Jackman as Curly. I am halfway through it now.
    I don’t know if it’s the same one shown on PBS but Bebe if you want to watch it here’s the first part.

70. awww. Thanks Abrra. :D. Maybe I’ll start working out on my letter tomorrow so I can send it next Monday! Excited to say things to Kuya David! 😀

71. djafan>> Awww. We also miss you. I also exercise patience but when I’m at my limit (just happened a while ago), I just put my earphones in with Kuya David’s songs and I’ll be fine!!LoL.. 😀

Can I join the group hug? I’m a male! LoL. Just kidding. ((Hugss))

Fenfan

I need a moment here. I watched a bit of the video you posted. Something happened and all I saw was David Archuleta singing as he leaned back on a wooden windmill, in chaps. 😯

73. fenfan123 said

Abrra – That’s ok. The same thing happened when I watched it. I think there may be something wrong with the labeling of that video and they got the names mixed up. I was just a bit concerned when David started rolling a cigarette and smoking it while still singing in perfect voice.
    Fenfan

74. Good morning and Good night here!! 😀

My eyes are automatically closing while listening to David’s songs. I just can’t resist to indulge every note he sings. Now listening to Christmas from the Heart. 😀

photo 5c16dd88-bc34-4927-9fbb-cf677200fb7e_zps499f4862.jpg

Click to go there http://www.livestream.com/thevoiceunplugged

Fen#69

Thanks for the youtube link. I’m on Part 3!

So glad I made it to chat last night, very much needed but fell asleep lol

MT , David is la voz. Everything he has sang in Spanish has been golden. He wilco me back with the confidence to answer all Latin media without hesitance. My uncle from Mexico is here visiting and I happened to be wearing a David tshirt, well you know were that led jaja. He was super impressed with la voz and his elegant appearance singing Contigo. He said there isn’t anyone like him in the Latin market and asked if he is interested in recording in Spanish. Long story short he thinks he has the goods to be big in the Latino world. :)))))

New post>>>>