May 2013
    « Apr   Jun »
    20212223242526

fenfan on David Archuleta Arrives In Per…
    tawna21 on David Archuleta Arrives In Per…
    jans11 on David Archuleta Arrives In Per…
    Abrra on David Archuleta Arrives In Per…

David Archuleta ~ Calling Home On Mother’s Day

Posted by MT on Saturday, May 11, 2013

mdbawww11156

There’s magic in a Mother’s touch,

and sunshine in her smile.

There’s love in everything she does

to make our lives worthwhile.

We can find both hope and courage

Just by looking in her eyes.

Her laughter is a source of joy,

her works are warm and wise.

There is a kindness and compassion

to be found in her embrace,

and we see the light of heaven

shining from a Mother’s face.

Author Unknown

stock-illustration-150977-rule-line-15

Wow! Another year has passed and it’s already Mother’s Day again. That means David gets to call home!  Since I’ve never had to leave my family for two whole years, I can’t imagine how much he misses his mother and the rest of his family. But I imagine it will be a happy day for all of them when he makes that call. Lupe must surely miss his laugh and that brilliant smile.

I know how much my mother means to me and I thank God every day that she’s still with me. Not everyone is so fortunate. I talk to her every day. She is my rock. She’s the one I turn to when I don’t know what to do because I know that whatever advice she gives will be what she believes is best for me. She always has my back. She is a staunch supporter of anything I want to try, often having more faith in me than I have in myself. She is always sympathetic, always caring, and when she speaks to me it is always with love in her voice.  I know David must feel the same way.

cartoonR

Cartoon find by Bluesky

In times when life can be so hard

And worry can darken our day

There’s always one person who understands

And knows just what to say.

♥♥♥

I hope David and Lupe have a nice long chat and get to share lots of love and smiles across the miles.

Wishing you a day filled with joy and laughter.  To each and every one of you …

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY !

Video by Familysharecom – with thanks to Beloirti for the find.

MT is a Staff Writer for The Voice

54 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ Calling Home On Mother’s Day”

That is quite lovely MT!! I love the lead art work Angelica!!

So thank you for the Mother’s Day wishes, it makes you feel special to be a mother of the two legged or four legged younger ones or someone whoever they are who has come to appreciate you!

So good to see David’s vlog!

I would join you in Unplugged but I am on my cell and can’t access it! I hope you are all enjoying the chat!

2. Susan K said

This will be my fifth Mother’s Day without my mother who passed away in October 2008, with me at her bedside holding her hand. Her last words to me and feeling her last heartbeat struck me deeply. Though my mother had Alzheimer’s in her last years, stealing my mother from me, I never realized how ‘clear’ she was going to be at the end. And that’s when I knew the end was near. I didn’t realize that I would miss my mother so much as I do around Mother’s Day, especially because she sent me a Mother’s Day card every year since 1991, because my first miscarriage was on Mother’s Day 1989, but I didn’t tell my parents until May 1990 when doctors found that I had developed cancer (I am a three-time cancer survivor). So, I think it’s wonderful that David will be able to call home to talk with Lupe. God Bless you David!!! Cherish these moments.

Happy Mothers Day to one and all. (oh david, motherly figures, could he be any cuter?)
    Thirteen years ago today, I remember visiting my mom in her new care center. She’d only been there a week or two. Her Parkinsons was pretty bad, she needed more care than my dad could physically help her with. We walked to the nurses station and a very healthy looking older woman said to us “I’d like to report a shooting. My husband. I shot him. ”
    (the nurse told me this was an everyday occurrance with this lady. My mom just laughed and said “Someday, I’ll write a book about this place”
    She was always smiling, always happy, I just feel very lucky to have had her for as long as I did.
    And every time I hear David sing Ave Maria, I feel her around me.
    Going to listen to that now. ♥

4. potluck8 said

A very special Mother’s Day wish to everyone at the Voice, I always enjoy your posts. Susan. I am so glad that you beat that horrible cancer, God bless you, My mom passed away 16 years ago, she was a beautifu woman on the outside and inside. SO glad that David gets to talk to his dear mom today. Everyone, enjoy your special day!

5. Loulou said

My mother has been dead for 29 years , And i miss here every single day ! She was a lovely, wounderful lady !! Happoy mothers day to everyone !!

I’m so sorry to hear that you have lost your moms. I hope you have lots of happy memories to hold close
    to your heart on days like this and all through the year. I know how very fortunate I am that my mom is still with me.

Here’s a little something else I wanted to share with you all. I found this video and thought you all would like to see it, especially today.

I hope this brings a smile to your faces today. 🙂

I had a nice lunch with hubby and the kids. I hope you’re all able to do the same. Wishing you all Happy Mother’s Day!

7. cq#DA2014 said

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

And to those that have lost their mothers ((((hugs))))

Thank you guys for putting this beautiful post up.

Did not expect a David vlog, mothers and motherly, isn’t he just something else? Warmed my heart.

Happy Mother’s Day!
    This made me laugh and cry.

10. Very lovely post MT♥
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day today♥

photo Fullscreencapture5122013105749PMbmp.jpg
     photo photo12.jpg

I agree! Hope all the mothers and “motherly figures” out there had an awesome day!

12. bluesky said

“She is my rock. She’s the one I turn to when I don’t know what to do because I know that whatever advice she gives will be what she believes is best for me. She always has my back. She is a staunch supporter of anything I want to try, often having more faith in me than I have in myself. She is always sympathetic, always caring, and when she speaks to me it is always with love in her voice.”

I loved your tender tribute to your mother, MT. It gives me a look into your heart – a beautiful place.

Happy Mothers Day to all you lovely ladies (and to the wives of our few fellas!!).

There is a courage that comes with love. We do not see it in the package: not in the wrapping, nor the box. We see only the love. We think: “This is the best. This is all there is. It does not get better than this.”
    Then later, much later, we see the love and it has become eyes of light in the face of courage.

bluesky

Hope everyone had a good Mother’s Day. I had an awesome one getting to go to Bluebird Cafe in Nashville and meeting Emmefriend. We had a great time getting to hear a lot of good music. Sure not even close to David tho! Hope he had a wonderful talk with his mom..bet it was very emotional! My mom passed back in 87′ and I miss her all the time. #DA2014

14. beloirti said

Hello everyone…Happy Mother’s day to all. Interesting how in expressing appreciation and love for our mothers, you’d think we all had the same mom. She sounds perfect as everyone describes her. My uncle described my Mom as a woman “without guile” at her funeral 31 years ago. That example has really been difficult to live up to. However, I’ve been blessed to live to see that exact quality in my own daughter. When she was a teenager, a young women’s group leader told me that she had never heard her ever utter one critical word about her mother (me) as the other girls habitually did when they got together. I was brought to tears. I am not perfect and I’m sure my child could have easily found something negative to say about me as the rest of them did about their mothers. I observe my daughter now with her husband, who upon getting acquainted with her, told his mother he had met “the most pleasant woman”. I observe her with her husband and three small children and find myself feeling doubly blessed for having two such fine ladies in my family. She carries on in the tradition of her grandmother and reminds me of her every day.

I’ve been impressed to find similar traits amongst the ladies of this forum. It’s been a real pleasure as I’ve become acquainted with you and look forward to knowing each of you. (My apologies to any of you who may be of the opposite gender—these silly code word names can be misleading) haha or jajajaja as Gladys says in Spanish.

Such a beautiful post in every way! Thanks MT and all who contributed.

Even though my mother is not here in the physical world, I know she is beside me. I talk to her every day. She guides me still to make the good choices for my life.

Beloirti

“I’ve been impressed to find similar traits amongst the ladies of this forum.”

Funny you say that, because a new fan in chat said that we finish each other’s sentences. I guess we are all of one mind when it comes to David?

16. funfee said

Thank you for the beautiful article,MT and all the comments which brought me to tears several times! I am so emotional these days because my oldest daughter is graduating from high school next week and we have such a close bond that although I am so proud of the person she has become, it also makes me sad that she has grown up so fast! Also, my mom and dad came to visit us recently from South Africa but had to leave early because my mom got so sick. I really thought that I was going to lose her so this Mother’s Day has been a real blessing to me and I made sure to let her know how much I love and appreciate her. My daughters really tried to make me feel special too which was wonderful. David is such a wonderful and grateful son – hope he and Lupe had a lovely chat yesterday. Missed you guys on Saturday night, was seeing The Great Gatsby with my two older daughters!

17. beloirti said

Abrra, that was me that said you finish each other’s sentences….

18. emmegirl14 said

The countdown number will soon begin with 2….and to think we started in the 7’s.

8. Dja,
    He really is such a sweetheart to have thought so far ahead and done that.

9. Bebe
    Haha Cute sign, and it’s actually pretty accurate.

Cq & Sky,
    Thanks, Hope you both had a great one too!

Bluesky,
    Thanks so much! Mothers are so very special. What Abrra said beautifully illustrates how what they give us stays with us even after they’re gone.

Sometimes we do all seem to share a brain! LOL

Jan,
    I bet it was very emotional. And I’ll bet the phrase “Next year you won’t have to call, you’ll be home!” came up.

Beloirti,
    It sounds like you had a wonderful mom and your daughter sounds like a sweetheart. (And I’ll bet it didn’t skip a generation, either. You’re probably just like them.) And I agree with what you said. I’ve found some wonderful people here.

Fee,
    Wow, I didn’t know your parents lived so far away. I hope your mom has recovered.

Emmegirl,
    We’re really come a long way, havent we? This time next year he’ll be back home!

I also missed Saturday chat 😦

Abs and Bit, funny 🙂

Emmegirl, soon we will be in single digit months left!!!!! Summer, Fall, Winter….three seasons remaining!!!!

If you’ve got some voting time 🙂

photo asiatour_zpse48797c6.jpg

I read this story on a blog and I think you might get a laugh.

“Happy Mother’s day to you all. Mine has been interesting. My husband and I just moved to a new home about a week ago. I still have some frozen breast milk in bags in the freezer. My oldest two children made me eggs this morning for my gift….sweet right? Yeah… until I took a bite! I haven’t had a chance to go to the store since we moved, don’t you know… I’m out of milk. They said, “don’t worry mom we used the milk in the freezer”!! yuck, breast milk scrambled eggs made by a 9 & 6 year old. I had to act like it was the best food ever while waiting for them to leave the room. The dog loved them!”
    ~Jillian

22. emifriend said

Ohmy Aabbrra… that reminds me of the time I watched my sister actually take a bite of of roasted squirrel her son had shot ( out in the country and the woods) and cooked…I asked her ” How could you?” and she said, “because I love him'” ( to which I thought but did not say… “well i love him too but…..” Some things only a mother’s heart can know I guess!

I had a lot of fun meeting Jan and her daughter at the Bluebird Sunday night. I am so impressed with both of them and think they really know how to have fun together. In a lot of ways, their visit really made my Mother’s day. Several times Jan leaned in and said of a lyric or something that was said, ” Now that reminds me of David, you too?” It was so nice to have that like mindedness at the same table for a few hours. I hope you all get to meet up with one another, (and me!) because it is fun and good.

I posted this quotation from Abraham Lincoln on my FB page for Mother’s day and got a lot of “likes” I think we are all children at heart and that all mothers must pray…..I have always thought my mom’s thoughts and prayers stayed with me like a melody running thru my days…Here is how Lincoln expressed it:

I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me.
    They have clung to me all my life.

emifriend

MT,
    Thank you for the inspiring Mother’s Day tribute!

Jans and Emifriend,
    I was so anxious to hear about your visit. Would love to go to the famous Bluebird Cafe in Nashville one day on an open mic night. It must have been a l and get a chance to meet you, Emi! It must have been a hoot!

Fi,
    Hope your Mother has recovered. How did you like The Great Gatsby? I loved the original with Robert Redford.

Djafan,
    Thanks for the voting links! Running over there right now.

Happy Birthday SandyBeaches!

May all your birthday wishes come true!

photo adz52u.jpg

photo JDZWG.jpg

26. funfee said

Happy Birthday, Sandy Beaches!!! Have a lovely day!
    MT and Bebe, yes my mom is doing a lot better thanks! Bebe, yes I enjoyed the Great Gatsby, especially the 2nd half, found the first half a bit slow but my daughters absolutely loved it!

“Thank you” Bebe for the chocolate cake!!! She knew my cake preference! I was just thinking about chocolate cake…

Angelica, the picture with the puppy is absolutely adorable. I have a rescue puppy beside me who looks pretty much identical …so coincidental!! I believe David said there are no coincidences, or I dreamed that.

Anyway, I have reached a milestone. A friend of mine called just now and jokingly welcomed me to the club. She said that there is a lot of fun involved in the club including travel. Yes, I am looking forward to travel at the time especially when we are at a grand concert!!

Thanks Patty for the email!!

May the milestone inspire me as I am wanting to write!!

Thank you funfee, I was writing when you commented!

Let’s see how this rainy day unfolds!

Jans, do you have an inspirational story??

Sandybeaches

Here is wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays! Hope your rainy day brings many colorful days of summer. for many years to come.
    ^_^

Bluesky…thank you 😉 …let’s hope the summer days are colourful for everyone. I always have my cell close by with the hopes of treasures of messages and pictures. You may know the ones I mean. Sometimes I wonder if my imagination that has been big for ever, is not really things that will and do come true. A statement like that used to have Abrra shaking her head at me in another kind of wonderment!

31. cq#DA2014 said

Happy Birthday SandyBeaches!

Happy Birthday SandyBeaches!!!!

We cannot have a birthday celebration without a birthday song, right?

🙂

33. stenocruiser said

SB — A very Happy Birthday to you! Guess it’s time for a good old kitchen party, eh? All the best to you!

SB,
    Happy Happy Birthday! Have a great one!

Here’s hoping you get a ♫”Rainbow after the rain” ♫ 🙂

Djafan….there is no better Happy Birthday song anywhere!! 🙂

Steno…I hear David is having a kitchen party when he gets home. Did you hear that rumour too??? We can have one in Toronto if he would like!

MT…have you composed a B’Day poem yet? Another birthday on the block I believe tomorrow.

36. Oh Boy oh boy Oh boy! ! A birthday party!
    ♥HAPPY BIRTHDAY SB!♥
    Hope you are having a grand day! That’s a beautiful( delicious) looking chocolate cake you have there.yum!

Angelica, that doggie! haha! so cute.

Fi, so glad your mother is doing better back home.♥ (hope you are feelin’ better too.)

Jan and Emifriend,♥ so fun you got to meet up in Nashville! squee!

Join us tonight for Nandito Ako chat!
    10PM Eastern Time

38. Susan K said

As the youngest of my mother’s six children, I got left out of a LOT of things as I was growing up. I didn’t have a ‘mother-daughter’ relationship with my mother, but not for lack of trying on my part. I was considered the ‘invisible child’ in the family. I knew a lot about my mother … why she divorced her first husband, packed her three children and moved to the other side of the state, and whatever she decided to share with me when the opportunity presented itself. My mother was 38 years old when she had me back in 1966. At that time, fathers weren’t allowed in the delivery room (and was probably best for their own safety and well-being), such things like ultrasounds weren’t even heard of, and giving birth wasn’t really recommended at her age. I was born three days after my mother’s birthday … LEOs in every sense of the word. We butted heads so often throughout my life that, by the time I became an adult, I had it figured out that my mother and I couldn’t be in the same room for more than 10 minutes at a time before she’d start to ‘push my buttons’ and I’d stand my ground … and no more than 30 minute under the same roof. In my mother’s latter years, she battled a lot of health issues, including uncontrolled diabetes and Alzheimer’s. I did everything I could to help her and my dad with her care … I even drove half the country from Kansas to Virginia to be here for her. Most of all, I wanted to try and have SOMEKIND of ‘Mother-Daughter’ thing before it was too late but her Alzheimer’s stopped that from happening. On October 8th, 2008, just out of the hospital and back in her room at the nursing home, my mother said something to me that I waited 42 years to hear, and right there she became the mother I had always wanted!!! Three and a half days later, at her bedside, I felt my mother’s last heartbeat as she slipped away. She never said another word to anyone that night. But, at her funeral, I was shocked, surprised, knocked off kilter to hear a soloist sing Ave Maria … and now I can never hear it again. I have, since my mother’s passing, found information on my mother … letters, genealogy work, documents, etc … that she never told me she had. So many things we never did … so many conversations we never had … and now all of these questions she’s not here to answer. So, to help me get through the transition in a woman’s life of losing her mother, I started a personal journal dedicated to my mother (and not my father, too) … questions I want to ask her … things I want to share with her … comfort I wish she was here to give.

Happy Birthday, Sandybeaches!!! That chocolate cake sure looks good! 🙂

Yes, it was fun meeting Emifriend! We might get to touch base again tomorrow. Depends on her work schedule. I’m on vacation 🙂 !

Just got back from seeing Joann Cash, Johnny’s younger sister. Just a small bunch to hear a great lady. When I was here 35 yrs ago, we went to Johnny’s house and got to meet and talk to his dad there in the driveway. He was real nice. Joanne said he was nice not a bad person like the movie depicted.

SB, don’t remember any special memories when my mom was alive…she was a very good mom that raised 4 girls with me being the oldest. She had me and my sister 3 yrs apart then after 8 yrs turned around and had 2 more girls 3 yrs apart! She said most people don’t want to make the same mistake twice, but she did! haha Her mom always lived with us and had her flower gardens. Every time we moved, they would dig up all the bulbs and move them too!

One memory I always remember on Mother’s day is when my granddaughter had her 1st daughter, 4 of her friends got the same “disease” as they called it at the time. So on Mother’s day at church the 4 mothers lined up with their babies in their infant seats and had their picture taken. It was so cute! All the babies are now 12 yrs old! And still cute, I might add. Also, my anniversary is May 13, so it fell on Mother’s day quite often. In fact, yesterday would have been my 52nd anniversary if Bob was still here.

#DA2014 Love the sound of 2something instead of 7something! We’re getting there!!! ♥

40. pepper8666 said

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SandyBeaches. Hope it’s been a great one!!

Happy Birthday, SB. Hope it’s everything you wanted it to be. 🙂
    (I’m having some cake right now)
    (Strawberry cake with lemon frosting mmmmm)

SusanK
    I’m so glad that you finally had the moment you’d been waiting for for so many years, that you have that time with her to hold close to your heart. And it sounds like you’ve found, through your journal, a way to stay close to her.

Jan,
    2something sound good!

Bebe,
    See you later. 🙂

Sky, it is funny how we never run out of cake here!

Betsy…’Your’ cake sounds delicious!!

Jans…that is quite a story about your mom, it definitely needs repeating. You have such great stories!

It was a good day with surprises such as my sister in law and her husband calling and singing Happy Birthday, absolutely the best duet. He has dementia, but can he ever sing beautifully.

Thank you Pepper for the birthday wishes! All the best to anyone who has a special day. They help to keep us going strong!!

SB, for you and Bebe (it’s sooo close I had to mention it) and everyone else here who’s ever had a birthday …

haha You all know that’s everyone, right?

Happy Happy Birthday
    To every one of you
    Whether today is your birthday or not
    These words will sting ring true

It does’t have to be your day
    To say how much I care
    Or what you all have meant to me
    For all the things we share

You’re someone who is treasured
    In so very many ways
    For all the little things you do
    And all the things you say

You mean so very much to me
    That I would be forelorn
    Without your presence in my life
    I’m so glad you were born

So whether or not it’s your birthday
    To all of the lovely folks here
    Wishing you joy and laughter and love
    Each day throughout the year

We are here for Nandito Ako chat:

Ah MT, you did it! We have so much in house talent! Yes, the lady in the Saturday night red dress has a B’Day tomorrow!

47. emmegirl14 said

SB, Happy Birthday – sounds like it was! 🙂

MT, whaaat, how do you do that!?

37 Susan K

I loved your telling of the history, the journey you have taken with your Mother. How wonderfully fulfilling and tender that story is, because you have determined that it shall not have an ending. You are amazing. Where others might have given up or become bitter, you have created a path amidst thorns and found the rose.

I salute you.

bluesky

My husband says that I have such good friends and he means everyone who loves to hear David sing!! SB, you’re husband is a wise man! 🙂 I have never met (or talked to) a fan of David’s that wasn’t the “cat’s meow”!!!!!!!! 🙂

Thanks, SB for the compliment! I am normally shy, but one on one, I can talk your leg off!! haha And chalk up to my “stories” to experience because I’m older than dirt! 🙂

MT, love your poem! Goes for me too! Love you all! ♥

If interested, there is a Mission picture with David in it on FOD. He really looks good! ♥

#37 Susan..sorry about your mother/daughter relationship. Life is too short as it is and when it’s not really happy, it can be very challenging.

50. pocoelsy said

Happy belated birthday SandyBeaches, hope you had the most fun b’day 🙂 !!

MT. Love your post, I always have a soft spot concerning everything about MOM !! since I’m the only child but been away in other country for more that 25 years !! I pretty much understand(I think) what Lupe and David are going thru from both perspective!! “mom” will always be our bestest friend, mentor and shoulder to cry on. How nice of David to think of everthing before he left and even more so when he express his love and gratitude toward his mom openly, this is one of the many reasons why we’re here waiting for him 🙂 <3, Oh love your birthday poem 🙂

Susan K
    ((hugs))

If you feel a huge distance away from David, get your ear buds on and listen….

This is why I am here listening, remembering all the times he sang this beautiful song. All the worries of his return should be gone. If he sings nothing other than hymns and the songs he loves at Christmas in different languages, I would be happy.

53. beloirti said

There is no end to the talent in this group. It could be a little intimidating if you all weren’t so nice to go along with it.

Loved the poetry.

Susan, sorry for the sadness. I was thoughtless in speaking of the blessing of a fine mother and daughter when you and I’m sure many others may feel a little put off because they have mother/child relationships that don’t “fit the mold”. Thanks for sharing and reminding us that many such relationship can be less than ideal. You made some tasty “Lemonade” from yours, however. We all deal with challenges of one sort or another. My heart goes out to you.

My sister has Alzheimers. So senseless! Dreadful, isn’t it?

“Happy Birthday” Lady in Red!! (The Voice Unplugged)…

What cake is your flavor today? I am certain we can find one for you!