April 2012
    « Mar   May »
    16171819202122

jans11 on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Bluesky on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ New Music! E…

Easter Reflections and a Question from David Archuleta

Posted by djafan on Saturday, April 7, 2012

My mother and I shared a love of two things: books and flowers. Easter Sunday would find me at her door with a pot of Easter lilies and we would take time to admire them again, as we did every year, the same way. We would praise their pure whiteness and clean fragrance, like good expensive soap. My mother has been gone many years, but every spring when Easter lilies make their appearance, I think of her.

“How would you explain to someone if they asked “How do you find peace in a crazy world?”

David Archuleta, 4/5/12

On this Easter and every day, this is a good question that deserves reflection. What gives you peace? Amid all the chaos and calamities that may befall, what stills your soul? For me it is the fact that I know that my Redeemer lives, and because He lives, this life is not the end. One day I will walk through fields of Easter lilies as far as the eye can see and on the horizon will be my mother and others I have known and loved, beckoning me home.

“If Christ lived after death, so shall men, each one taking the place in the next world for which he is best fitted. Since love is as eternal as life, the message of the resurrection is the most comforting, the most glorifying ever given to man; for when death takes a loved one from us, we can look with assurance into the open grave and say, ‘He is not here,’ and ‘He will rise again’.”

President David O. McKay

“We are born for a higher destiny than that of earth. There is a realm where the rainbow never fades, where the stars will be spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and where the beings that pass before us like shadows will stay in our presence forever.”

Edward Bulwer-Lytton

So, how do you find peace?

17 Responses to “Easter Reflections and a Question from David Archuleta”

1. mslv said

Happy Easter Angelica and everyone here.
    I felt total peace when I read this: ‘ One day,I will walk through the fields of Easter lilies as far as the eyes can see and on the horizon will be my mother and others I have known and loved, beckoning me home.”

This, I totally believe because I know there is life hereafter. Thanks Angelica.
    In my stress-filled, crazy world, I have David’s voice. My Forevermore cd is now worn out

vlm #DA2014

2. Bebereader said

Happy Holidays to all!

How do I find peace?
    In his eyes, in his smile, in his voice..

3. funfee said

Happy Easter to my Voice friends!!
    Yes, one of the biggest ways I find peace is listening to David’s angelic voice. And praying and “pondering”!
    Thanks to everyone for the fun chat we had last night! 🙂
    Last night I couldn’t sleep and ended up watching lots of MKOC tour vids, including the mission announcement one. Tears pouring down my face but smiling a lot too and of course, feeling that “David peacefulness”!

Happy Easter, Happy Passover.

5. TXNancy said

Angelica…..beautiful, heartfelt words! AMEN!
    Like Bebereader, I find peace in David’s eyes, in his smile, and in his voice. Thinking of David this Easter morn, as he sings with the MTC choir in Provo.
    Continue to remember Sandybeaches in your prayers today…..note late comments last night.
    Hallelujah! May you all be blessed this Easter day!

6. bluesky said

Thank you, Betsy!!

Happy Easter and Blessed Passover to all!

I hope it is okay to add this vid of the same time and song: it is easier on my speakers— and I like to turn it up loud. ^_^

I love the close-ups in these. To me, this is the one song wherein it seems to me that DA is singing as much to himself as to others. I love this glimpse into his tender, loving, sometimes somewhat anxious soul. He sings with such passion not because he has never felt unhappy thoughts, but because he has found a refuge from them and through them. I love his courage to share his path – even if it be through a difficultly – because he holds on as he travels through. As he sees the “light” he holds on to it. And somehow, as he catches that light in his eyes and heart, he is able to let it shine through him to us. Brave. I love him for that courage. Because we know, as we watch and listen, that his tears are not only tinged with past trials but shine with present, deep and abiding joy. The reality of that joy pierces and revives, uplifts, heals and sustains. “Be Still My Soul”.

I love you for this, DA. Happy, happy Easter to you and all you love. And you to, Dear Voice peeps! And all you love as well.

#2. Bebe, 😀 David is my stress reliever.

Wishing all the peeps here at The Voice and everywhere a Happy Easter!

8. sweetonda said

Happy Easter and Passover to all. I love Easter! I love what it represents. I love knowing that because of my Savior’s sacrifice someday I will be able to be with all my family and friends again when I leave this earth life. That means all of us will be together again to listen to David’s voice when we meet up in Heaven. He’ll probably be in a heavenly choir where his voice will ring out loud and clear. That brings a smile to me face on this beautiful day too. 🙂

May you all have a lovely time today with family and friends. Peace!

9. cq said

Happy Easter to all.

10. angelofdja said

Yesterday I found my peace out on the lake fishing with my hubby while listening to 2 things. One ear had my David music and the other was enjoying the Tigers game on the radio! The day was gorgeous, the fish were biting and my hubby just topped the day being by my side!
    Bluesky, there is so much to love about your comment above. What this one sentence says is so beautifully written that I had to repeat it with tears in my eyes… “As he sees the “light” he holds on to it. And somehow, as he catches that light in his eyes and heart, he is able to let it shine through him to us. Brave. I love him for that courage.”
    Happy Easter and Blessed Passover to all here at The Voice!

Angelica, seeing that Easter Lily…it was my mom’s favorite flower♥ I found comfort in your words this morning and you touched my heart♥I

Davids voice opens the valves to my heart and love flows directly to the spiritual place within me
    That gives me peace and joy.
    Whether it be a rough day, or stress, or even joy, his voice makes better,every moment.
    David inspires me.

Happy Easter, and Happy Passover everyone. Blessings♥

12. lani said

FOREVERMORE is now NO.1 at MYX!!!! wooohooooo!!!!

Happy Easter everyone!

What gives me peace?

Knowing that I am happy with “enough” without needing “more”. My time spent with nature when I am out walking my dog every day. It’s costs me nothing, yet it is priceless.

Beautiful article today Angelica.

Abrra 719 days

14. Bebereader said

Hope everyone had a nice day with family and friends or just relaxing and enjoying the holiday.

Some “Nandito Ako” ramblings on Twitter

Image and video hosting by
TinyPic

@anagfeleo (Chit)
    Dinner in tagaytay with some of the NA family 🙂 @kariontour @DavidArchie @jascurtissmith Happy Easter 🙂 http://pic.twitter.com/ykTIVaCn

and

Remember when we were wondering why we didn’t see some of the promo scenes appear in the miniseries? (The staircase scene, for example). The producer, JoAnn Banaga gave us the official answer:

@AmandaAArchie
    How come we never saw this in the show? http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m25dhbDqyu1r9dhlfo1_250.gif @DavidArchie @kariontour @JoAnnBanaga

@JoAnnBanaga (producer)
    @AmandaAArchie @DavidArchie @kariontour — It was part of our promo video. Not part of the series.

That clears that up.

14.cute pic Bebe! thanks.but… what’s on Davids feet? is that white socks and black slippers? Black socks and white slip on- flip flops? saddle shoes? is he standing in front of 2 black and white rocks? :/

16. funfee said

Hahaha Sky, I was trying to work out what was going on with the shoes too!!

New article ————————————————————>>>>>>>>