David Archuleta ~ The Road to Japan

Posted by djafan on Thursday, October 13, 2011

David Archuleta in Jakarta, Indonesia

“The shadow of his reputation precedes him.”

Sitting in Church a couple of months ago, these words were used in a talk and I wrote them down. I don’t remember the context in which they were used, I only know the phrase alone made a strong impression on my mind.

On July 2, 2011, David performed at the Stadium of Fire in Utah, an event which was broadcast live to over 1 million military personnel all over the world on the American Forces Network. He sang several patriotic songs as only he can, including this medley of “My Country Tis of Thee/ America the Beautiful.”

Video by 8thRowCenter

On July 16, 2011, David embarked on his Asian Tour. Coming on the heels of his SOF performance, it is likely that, once he had the US military’s attention, his subsequent activities might be watched with some interest. YouTube videos of him being mobbed in airports in the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Viet Nam soon followed.

On July 29, 2011, it is announced that David is to perform at the Futenma Flight Fair in Okinawa on August 6th. This event was cancelled due to a typhoon but a new one was soon added. Today David is traveling at last to Okinawa to perform at another military installation, Camp Foster, for the Foster Festival this Saturday, October 15th.

Some would call all of this mere coincidence but I disagree. Given the strained relations that on several occasions have resulted in thousands of Japanese citizens protesting the presence of the US military in Okinawa, it seems almost inevitable. David’s reputation precedes him to Japan. A reputation of unparalleled emotional beauty in the performance of patriotic songs and who also, just happens to be very popular in Asia. The US military in Okinawa are good people doing a tough job and walking a razor’s edge to keep the peace in that part of the world, while also trying to  foster peaceful relations with the Japanese. For the most part, they have succeeded but there is much more to be done.

It is not the Japanese tour I have longed for him, playing the huge bustling metropolises of Tokyo, population 8,164,000, or Yokohama, or Osaka.  But it’s a start.

Back in April of 2010, a Japanese fansite posted the following photo of David in Japan. The story that accompanied the picture was that David Archuleta had finally come to Japan and was there to film a music video. Alas, it was April Fool’s Day and the picture was photo shopped. What is about to unfold this weekend is no joke. His reputation as an ambassador of goodwill, (why does the memory of Bob Hope suddenly come to mind?) precedes him, and by command performance and popular demand, the die is cast.

David will go to Japan.

Photoshop by Pop, All About Archuleta/Japan

173 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ The Road to Japan”

Angelica,I love that David was rebooked for another event in Japan, when the first one was cancelled. I believe it has everything to do with the fact that Davids love for the troops and military personel stationed around the world has not gone unnoticed.
    “The shadow of his reputation precedes him.”
    I love that quote you wrote down, and the beautiful picture at the top of the page depicting his shadow doing just that.

At the “Heroes” baseball game I attended in Dallas, as soon as David finished his beautiful singing of “God Bless America”, the first people to approach, and completely surround him and speak to him , were the uniformed military personel on the field.Patting him on the back, shaking his hand… They were so appreciative, and you could tell they just really love him..

spot on!

He will be greeted with great respect, and open arms in Asia, as always. Safe travels David♥

2. Marylee said

OMGsh…I guess it’s the combination of 4 hours sleep, watching the Patriotic medley from SOF, reading those words “the shadow of his reputation precedes him” & “ambassador of goodwill” … and knowing David is on his way to Japan ~ fighting the tears this morning. That’s all I can say right now…typing through the tears AGAIN! Geez…get a grip Mary ..lol

**Note to self: ~laugh to keep from crying ~I shall keep this in mind today!

Safe travels David & Archuband ♥

3. Marylee said

*Happy Tears* <<<<—- so dang proud of him! ❤

Angelica, thank you for this morning’s article. It is always a relazing read to reflect to where he has been and where he is currently going and how it may have all come about!

My emails were lined up this morning enough for me to say…woo..on thevoiceschat@yahoo.ca … Another mailing will be going out today and as soon as I have your sizes I can send others out.

Good to hear from you “Archuleta Avenue Malaysia” 😉

Angelica, You have me all choked up here. Thank you.

“David’s reputation precedes him to Japan. A reputation of unparalleled emotional beauty in the performance of patriotic songs and who also, just happens to be very popular in Asia.”

“and by command performance and popular demand, the die is cast.”

“David will go to Japan.”

And the man tweets!

DavidArchie David Archuleta
    Heading out to Japan today!
    9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

bringing SF’s prayer over, I know she’s at work 🙂

Taking the liberty to post SF’s prayer, don’t know what time they’re leaving so here it is.

Lord,
    Please take care of David. Watch over him and protect him from all harm.
    Cloak him with your love and give him the strength to endure all that is thrown in his path.
    Give David the courage and guidance to say no to those who ask for more than he can reasonably give.
    Surround David with people who will love and support him unconditionally as we do and always will.
    Separate David from those who have agendas other than for his well being.
    Give him rest when he’s weary and stamina to sustain his hectic pace.
    Give him assurance when he feels doubt and give him joy when he feels sad.
    Keep him always in your protective arms during this time on his journey to Okinawa, Japan.
    Keep David and and his voice healthy & strong as he continues to fulfill his Destiny.
    May he continue to encounter goodwill and happiness wherever his life’s journey takes him.
    And please Lord, give us the wisdom to do right by David always.
    Help us in the way we support him so that it is always in his best interests.
    Though we may be unworthy, we humbly pray.
    Amen

Dear David, sending you our best wishes for an uneventful & easy flight to Japan. Thank you for all you do and for who you are.
    Keep with you all our love, support & prayers always. Contigo siempre! We will be with you always!
    Please stay safe & take care!

Thanks for the Japan article. I wanted to know more about what the issue is between the US Military and the Japanese people. I did some searching on Google , but I am still not getting a clear reason why. It leads me to think the general population in Japan is not getting the full story on why the US needs to be there. Their security has more global impact now, than when the treaties were first made post WW2. It’s not so much about keeping an eye on Japan, but keeping the surrounding communist countries of North Korea and China in check. Maintaining a base in the Asian-Pacific area is vital to world peace.

10-11-10
    The Continuing U.S. Military Presence in Japan

( from this article http://hnn.us/articles/132303.html )

The U.S.-Japan security treaty is an agreement that requires the U.S. to defend Japan in the event of an enemy attack. Japan is under absolutely no obligation to defend the U.S. However, the world situation after the end of the Cold War—or more to the point, the U.S.—would not allow Japan to remain within the narrow confines of East Asia.

“One military affairs expert raises the following question, regarding this rapid change in the character of the U.S.-Japan alliance: “The present security treaty framework has become globalized, far surpassing the two-country agreement on defense cooperation that it was at the start. It is still undergoing transformation at the present, and I wonder how many Japanese citizens really grasp the status of the security treaty/U.S.-Japan alliance?”

As the Futenma controversy has made clear, the Japanese government will, under pressure from the U.S., muzzle the people’s voice. This is because it has no options other than the U.S.-Japan alliance to ensure the security that will determine the fate of the country. At the mercy of successive governments with no vision, it is always the Japanese people who get the short end of the stick.

Who better than David Archuleta to be the ambassador to Japan ? It will be interesting to see what songs he has chosen for this show, perhaps a message song that reaches out beyond the crowd in attendance, to the country of Japan.

7. Marylee said

“And please Lord, give us the wisdom to do right by David always”….

~such a beautiful prayer SF ~must have missed it on the earlier thread & thanks to DJA for bringing it over …I guess he’s on his way by now. Godspeed David ♥

8. Tawna21 said

Angelica, your article opened my naive eyes to a world situation that I was completely unaware of.
    So, this –>“Some would call all of this mere coincidence but I disagree” and, “His reputation as an ambassador of goodwill, (why does the memory of Bob Hope suddenly come to mind?) precedes him, and by command performance and popular demand, the die is cast.” make complete sense to me.

Thanks Abrra for the extra information and this thought —> “Who better than David Archuleta to be the ambassador to Japan ? It will be interesting to see what songs he has chosen for this show, perhaps a message song that reaches out beyond the crowd in attendance, to the country of Japan”

David’s ability to read a situation and the needs at the moment are amazing! Our country needs more ambassadors like David. But then, that subject has been discussed at large a million times, and we all agree on it. 🙂

Tawna

9. Tawna21 said

“David Archuleta is flying high right now; he found his own voice and is using it wisely. He has taken control of his career …….. ”

here is the rest of the article by Pamela Pike…it is REALLY good..imho 🙂

Tawna

10. silverfox said

Wishing David a safe journey to Japan. And for his safe & HEALTHY return. The following is the Okinawa forecast for the next three days. BUT David has been known to bring the sun with him wherever he goes so I’m anticipating a change in the weather there when he arrives. I guess by now everyone knows Okinawa is 11 hours ahead of EST in the US.

Friday, 82 °F
    Chance of T-storms
    50% chance of precipitation

Friday Night 73 °F
    Chance of T-storms
    70% chance of precipitation

Saturday 82 | 72 °F
    Chance of T-storms
    90% chance of precipitation

Sunday 79 | 68 °F
    Overcast

Thank you, Silverfox, for your prayer and the above info.
    Here’s a link to find out the current time in Japan.
    It’s just after 5:00 AM on Friday morning in Okinawa.

Choked up from the medley. And then Angelica’s article.

How does he constantly do this to us? I know it’s not just me. And it can’t be just us. How can anyone listen to that medley of patriotic songs and not be moved? The way he expresses the lyrics is so genuine and heartfelt. With each syllable you can feel his sincerity.

I’m always proud to be a fan but at this time I couldn’t be more proud of David for being asked to sing at this event. Whatever he chooses to sing in his repertoire will make his audience feel good. You want to keep it real, call David Archuleta.

Safe travels!

Happy anniversary CFTH!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blast from the past: David Archuleta – Christmas From The Heart

It’s safe to say that Christmas music comes early for David Archuleta, considering he’s preparing to head out on his second Christmas tour and promote the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Glad Christmas Tidings CD he performs on, and today celebrates the 2 year anniversary of his Christmas album Christmas From The Heart.

Christmas From The Heart was released on October 13, 2009, selling 17,000 copies in it’s first week. Filled with traditional holiday classics and joyful hymns, this album definitely shows off David’s vocal prowess, as well as the apparent majestic tone in his voice as he belts out these Christmas tunes. You can just tell how much these songs mean to him, especially “Melodies of Christmas”, the song David helped pen about how Christmas music is so important to the holidays.

Christmas From The Heart debuted at #30 on the Billboard 200 and #2 in Holiday Albums, behind Bob Dylan’s Christmas In The Heart. Archuleta also paired up with singing sensation Charice on the classic “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”.

13. Heidijoy said

David as an Ambassador from the US (I like the sound of that) Praying for safety,sunshine,and joy. Love the Patriotic Medley. Thanks for the background info Angelica and Abrra. I’m happy some of our Military, their families and the Japenese fans get to see/hear David and his band. Oh Boy! A USO tour would be nice.

Contacted a representative of the Schools in Beaver Creek,Colorado today re: promoting David and his December concert and she wants to see a flyer of the concert which I’ll send with the help of PattiNC. When I asked her if she knew David, she said no!!!!!!!!!!!!! I educated her a little bit. Hoping to spread the word as suggested on FanScene.

14. dakgal said

Don’t know how many are like me and kinda–sorta know where Okinawa is–sooo I looked it up to see where it was in relationship to the main island of Japan and other places–it’s about 400 miles a bit southeast of Japan. Along with abrra’s info–David manages to educate us with his travels.

I wonder now if he flew military or commercial–cause the military does have a few planes ( I heard) and they are always on the move (going my way? )–so who knows. I think they fly USO military.

Angelica –that article made my heart swell with pride!

If this link doesn’t work –maybe I can talk abs into putting it in this comment.

PS Sure hope some one gets a video —please ….please

15. Tawna #9…Yes Pamela Pike, the butterfly and all its transformations becoming ever more beautiful as time goes by. I have had my avatar all of this time, even years now, as a symbol for that very reason…

16. Thank you SF for David’s travel prayer! It bridges the gap one senses and sends to him our best wishes for everything safe and successful.

17. FG said

Hello everyone! I am ready to see some David pics from Japan!

Bebereader, you sent me an email which I have accidently deleted and cannot retrieve, can you please resend that? Thanks!

Funnygirl, I just sent you another copy. 🙂

Angelica,

Teriffic article! I love the idea of David as an Ambassador. That medley is great, one of my favorites when it comes to patriotic songs he’s done. I also love the photo of David and the cherry blossom tree (or is it an apple blossom tree?) That one may be a composite, but maybe we’ll get one like it that’s not photo shopped pretty soon!

I can’t wait for all the tweets, pics and vids to start coming in from Japan. (Hopefully there will be lots of them! 🙂 )

20. dakgal said

Two items of urgent business:

Angelica –along with SF’s prayer—Where’s the kitty cat?

I need him like NOW!!!

Dja— Where’s the picture of sun glasses David on the side bar?

I tell ya us (me) customers are so demanding. 🙄

So it’s 12:22 P.M. Friday in Okinawa—right? In my Central time zone.

oh my gosh Dak! you’re right!
    heeeere kittykittykitty! 🙄

She’s here. Can you find her? 😉 So relieved when he lands safely.

23. pattiNC said

Good morning…I would love if David became an ambassador, and entertained the troops around the world. No ne sings patriotic songs with such reverence!

Don’t know if you all saw FOD and AFS, but I’m making promo brochures for any venue that a fan wants to promote. Sad that I can’t make it to any concerts, but want to make sure all the venues sell out! Could be worth posting at colleges in the area of venues. 🙂 You can contact FOD or AFS and they will forward your email to me. ADMINS, if you still have mine you can forward requests to me also. 🙂

24. pattiNC said

dang typos…sorry My flyers are correct! 🙂

25. pocoelsy said

Hello all,

Quick stop here to say hello to everyone, I miss you all.. been busy cause my eldest daughter is back home for her term holiday, we wanted to book a flight to go back to Bangkok but the weather (typhoon) and flood there are the worst in 30 years so don’t know when we can go back !!! it breaks my heart to see my country’s under the water, helpless and devastate but definitely not hopeless cause I have David’s songs to cheer me up and keep me sane 🙂 . I pray for David’s safe and smooth flight to Okinawa hope the weather is kind to him :), like Angelica said I’ll be relieved when he lands safely.

Tawna21, wanna let you know that I got my GCT. CD and DVD just a few days ago, thank you so much again for the link you gave me !!! looove it so much David was really handsome there (ok have to admit he is handsome all the time 🙂 ) everything about it is so beautiful and inspiring and spiritual, he is just “special”.

SandyBeaches, didn’t get a chance to say I love your post “key to the mystery” and all the comments there, sorry for the delay.

Good morning all 🙂
    In the mailbag today we got some Arizona concert pictures from jans11! She sent so many great picture from that day. I will post the performance pics here.

Thanks Jan, love the light effect you captured.

Alright! Kitty’s in the houssssse! Keeping a watchful eye and waiting….♥

great pics Jans11 they are all beautiful… but ooooh, that last one…mystical, David casting his ‘spell’ on the audience! I likey!
    thanks for sharing Jans11, and Abrra for posting them. Can always count on The Voice to jump start my heart in the morning! Gah!
    TGIF!

Off topic distractions 🙂

People confirms: Clay Aiken part of next ‘Celebrity Apprentice’

Clay Aiken in 2010. AP The fifth season of “Celebrity Apprentice” features no Atlantans for the first time since 2008 but will include its very first ‘American Idol” alum: Clay Aiken , according to People magazine . This was reported weeks ago but it now looks like 100% for sure. Aiken’s music career has lost momentum over the years but he has kept himself in the spotlight with guest spots in recent years on “30 Rock,” “Phineas and Ferb,” and “Drop Dead Diva” as well as a stint on Broadway. This reality show stint will give us the first chance to see him in a setting where he’s not singing, being interviewed or acting. I bet he’ll do well. He’s smart, engaging and creative.

But will be able to get along with the likes of Adam Carolla (comic), Debbie Gibson (1980s pop star), Arsenio Hall (talk show host), Cheryl Tiegs (model/actress), Dee Snider (Twisted Sister), Therese Guidice (”Real Housewives of New Jersey”) and George Takei (”Star Trek”)? There are clearly some strong personalities there, which is what makes this show tick. Guidice, of course, is the NeNe Leakes of this year’s crew. Snider even showed up in the past “Apprentice” and looks to be this year’s Meat Loaf type. Hall will surely make his presence known, as will Carolla. Aiken will mix it up for sure, too.

I am a fan of most reality shows, so I will be watching for Clay. I found him funny and entertaining back when he appeared on American Idol. I envy his fans who get a chance to see him again on TV in a setting where he can be himself. 🙂

29. silverfox said

It’s currently almost 3 AM Saturday in Okinawa and David most likely has landed. I think, at least I hope, because it makes sense, that he flew on a Military plane with no stopovers and landed on the Okinawa Base air strip last night. But maybe not. In any case, I hope he had a great flight and is sleeping right now, but not counting on it. 🙂

Anyway, it’s WET in Okinawa and will be all day and into the evening. 😦

I didn’t know the Foster Fest was a two day event with another concert with Iyaz as the star performer on Sunday 10/16.

As for Clay..Good for him! Personally, I’d love to see David hosting his own variety music show, like the Osmond’s had years ago. Just a dream I know since “reality shows” have taken over the tube. I would not like to see David on any kind of “reality” show again. I am not a fan of reality shows.

My ultimate dream would be for David to appear on the BIG screen in a movie. Or lend his voice on a Pixar animation movie! Maybe someday. 😉

Great off topic news!!!!

Found this on MJ’s of all places! And it hasn’t even aired on PBS yet!!!!

From Billboard

David Archuleta:
    Glad Christmas Tidings, Mormon Tabernacle Choir/Orchestra At Temple Square Feat. David Archuleta With Michael York: Holiday 11, Album 7

David Archuleta:
    Glad Christmas Tidings, Mormon Tabernacle Choir/Orchestra At Temple Square Feat. David Archuleta With Michael York: Classical 12, Album 7

Squeeeeeeeeing!!!

Abrra, I may just take a gander. Up until season 7 of AI I bought CD’s of my fav’s, I purchased both Clay and Ruben’s CD’s which I haven’t listened to for about 3 years? lol

SF, I wouldn’t want David on that type of show. David needs or we need him to be in movies or guest appearances will do 🙂

3:00am in Japan.

Guess what? Google translator translates Japanese.

All About Archuleta
    AAAinJapan All About Archuleta
    by rocktellme
    10/15沖縄での合流場所と時間を変更しました!あした合流しようと思っているかたは、必ずこちらをご確認ください!!!→ davidarchuleta-jp.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2011-10-14

All About Archuleta
    AAAinJapan All About Archuleta
    by rocktellme
    Changed the confluence of place and time in Okinawa 10/15! Single edged knife that tomorrow I would like to join, please be sure to check here!!! → davidarchuleta-jp.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2011-10-14

Don’t know what the knife is all about haha.

Here is the link!

Thank you PattiNC!!!

We have your email. if anyone wants a flyer please email us at “thevoiceda@gmail.com” I think it is a great idea. I for one will want one for The Nokia, The Anaheim Grove and Majestic Ventura Theatre!!!

Just put in my order!!!

Djafan
    I looked around that Japanese site and they even have a countdown clock for the showtime! I translated some and it seems they have a plan for rain date being the next day.

On the right sidebar is a link to read some info about the festival in English.

Safety first in the rain please!

Very nice tribute video….sigh.

Been working all day and when I checked here to see what is going on…surprise…there’s my pictures! Thanks Abrra for posting them. With him having a red shirt on and the red lights at night and the mist they always have going on made all of them with a red cast.
    The last one was David’s “aura” surounding him! I couldn’t have not captured it!! lol He is casting that spell on us, for sure!
    Will be glad when we hear from him, that he is safe and sound!

36. bluesky said

Tribute: yum.

I want info re: Japan… now.

Center of the world has shifted. Need news.

Bluesky, Jans and everyone else, I hear you!

Been busy but I have David in the back of my mind all day, waiting to hear that he’s safe and on land. So many are waiting on Twitter. Maybe his phone isn’t compatible and he can’t tweet.

Meanwhile, it’s still morning in Okinawa and I was curious to find out what a traditional Japanese breakfast is like. I’m sure David is staying in a hotel that serves American food and he can have an American breakfast but something tells me that he’ll be curious to try the Japanese fare.

“The most common plates include a bowl of steamed rice, miso soup, some baked whole fish and some pickled vegetables.”

That’s what I eat for dinner!

“Another common breakfast is a bowl of rice mixed with raw quail egg, fermented soybeans, hot mustard, and soy sauce. Instead of coffee and orange juice, a steaming cup of strong green tea is served.

I expect some food tweets will be coming our way. 🙂

Bluesky,
    Ditto, ditto, and ditto!!
    We need some news, any news..before all that is left of my fingernails are little nubs.

39. Heidijoy said

Yea! David arrived safely and he tweets. Will continue to pray for a fantastic concert and stay.

Love the pictures Jan11!!

Just got the tweet on my phone that he has safely landed in Okinawa, as Heidijoy says, so Kitty can finally curl up and purr for a while and me with her. What a relief.

41. pattiNC said

DJAfan…your flyers are in your inbox. 🙂

Image and video hosting by TinyPic !!!

YEA!!! thank you David♥

44. bluesky said

Fine. You’re there. Rest. Eat…. (please?).

Then get busy and make me some memories.
    ( awwww…. ‘spose I wouldn’t mind too much if you left the country of Japan a few unforgettable moments as well. Couple dozen I guess. I can be a generous person from time to time.)

(I have a right to be. My pockets seem to scatter DA bits where ever I go. *sigh*)

#34 Really nice tribute video. Thanks for posting that, dja.
    #37 You are so right, Bebe, about David trying Japanese food. Mr. foodie.
    I adore plain white rice, would eat that in a heartbeat. The rest…. well, it would take an army to get me to eat baked fish for breakfast. I’m not cool like that.

#28, Abs. Remember that interview where someone brought up David going on Celebrity Apprentice? Lol, he said he’d probably be fired right away. 🙂
    Now I need to find that. It was long ago.

46. Freo said

David may have the choice of a Western style or Japanese breakfast tomorrow. My guess is that he is staying at a hotel that is used to dealing with Western foreigners. My breakfasts in Japan were usually a very soft egg on very thick homemade bread, strong coffee, and salad. I absolutely love Japanese food, but the soft egg every morning made me sick after about a week because I am used to eggs that are more cook.

I absolutely love green tea ice cream, good miso soup, tempura, sushi, and Japanese noodles. Hopefully David will get the change to try some Japanese food! And Japanese chocolate and yoghurt — yum!!

47. Freo said

more *cooked*

Hopefully he can get up to Tokyo and maybe visit the national museum, anime museum, see the famous fashion street, see the fish market, but it would be a journey and they may be on a tight schedule. Hopefully he is traveling with a Japanese speaker and they will show him around a bit and translate for him.

48. kaycee said

Angelica, great article! So excited for Japan!

Been away from the computer for a few days. I’m out of town visiting my kids at college. Just jumped on my daughter’s lap top for a minute for a quick catch up! I got tickets for Cedar City today! Yay!! Anyone else here going? I was a bit frustrated, however, with the whole ticket purchasing adventure…I called yesterday to find out when tickets were going on sale and how much they would be. They said they would probably go on sale at noon if their computer guy could get it all figured out by then. Well, I called at 10:00 this morning just to be safe, and most of the main section was already sold out! I was so disappointed. But, hey, I’m there Dec. 10th, and I’m totally looking forward to it!

Concert day!!!!

50. lct said

Singapore?

Here are some pictures from Japan found at AFS

credit Rocktellme

credit Mayumi_JPN

credit Mayumi_JPN

I’ll add more as they show up 🙂

M&G tent @rocktellme

@GrayAAA

@taorin717

@GrayAAA

M&G pic
    @taorin717

All sigs!
    @rocktellme

Reading twitter here is the set list
    STR,TOSOD,ALTNOY,EWTRTW,ATM,SBL,SBM,TMH,GGTT,band intro,guest guitarist Toshi from Japan, Happy Birthday,WFM,FS,MKOP,Elevator,Heaven,ZG,Crazy,Crush

Sound is Great! His voice is amazing! Guys, wait for vids!
    @rocktellme

OMG!
    @rikuAAAjp: David comes down from the stage among fans!

Factoid:
    New guitarist from Okinawa, Toshi is playing today.
    @rikuAAAjp

squeeeeeeeeeee!!! He looks wonderful! Look at that smile on his face!
    Thank you Abrra♥ thank you David fans!♥
    Can’t wait to see videos, this is so exciting!

50. Lct. wow! thanks for the link! So excited the fans in Singapore will get a full concert come November!

54. bluesky said

This is like a dream come true for me. Now he just needs to play Korea. I have ties to K, J, and Singapore. I know I will love the vids when they come. I am happy already.

(18 SONGS!!!!!) *_* (In Japan!!!!!)

(def. worth the trip)….. (I am thinking the Whole Trip, here. Not just the plane ride. ^_^)

55. bluesky said

(the “dip” on “you”: … — … … —… … — …)

(international language. that is all I have to say about that.)

56. bluesky said

Looks better this way: . . . – – – . . . . . . – – – . . . . . . – – – . . .
    But I think you get the picture.

57. Marylee said

What a setlist ~BRAVO David!!!!!!!!!! ♥

Utah fans get your holiday shopping done and have David sign your gift!

Videos are starting to come in

Partial STR

GrammaClaud

ATM

Crush

NMP1NOY

60. silverfox said

David looks & sounds great! 😀

And are those American Servicemen in the audience???

The Singapore event has not been confirmed or listed on David’s OS, so at this point I’m not taking it seriously, no matter how “official” the announcement poster looks. 😉

@taorin717

62. FG said

spppaaaazzzzz! yay! He looks happy & sounds great & that one pic with his eyes closed = THE ARCHUZONE
    YESSSSS! We are right there with ya honey. 🙂

David! David! David!

DavidArchie Just got back from performing at the Foster Festival here in Okinawa. Thanks to everyone who came out tonight!! about 1 hour ago

David David David David David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see lots a cameras! Abrra what a picturefest!!!!

Yeah!!! He is lookin and soundin gooooooood!!!! Abrra, I hope you are loading these up in Unplugged for tonight because I plan to be there with bells on! 🙂 He did not do a single patriotic song either so that’s a surprise. Love in Crush when he goes to the right of the stage and sings, “Is there more, is there more?” and some girl yells out, “It’s so much more!!!”

66. Blueberry Ice said

Good morning to all! Feels great to catch up and I’ve enjoyed all the wonderful posts and comments by everyone!!!

SF; Just had to say your prayer for David was absolutely beautiful!!!

Angelica; David as “an ambassador of goodwill” to all nations … what a great thought as there is no one better to reach out to the world than through the universal language of his music. I would love to hear him sing “Let There Be Peace On Earth” (i.e. Gladys Knight’s 2008 version when she sang in Washington D.C. for Memorial Day).

SB; I am still stuck on your insightful post regarding the magnetism of David. Funny how at first, I felt the emotional pull that kept drawing me back but I couldn’t exactly pinpoint why. Strangely enough, even though now I have an extensive list of reasons why I feel that way, I still find myself tongue-tied when it comes to spitting it out, lol. On one hand, I could endlessly ramble in my mind but have this exasperating disconnect with my inability to vocalize it in a sensible manner when confronted. So glad I can come here to ramble. By the way, I am curious about your music background. For my limited music experience, I did find that it helped me to appreciate even more David’s musicality and artistic ingenuity.

Bebe; #11 … “How does he constantly do this to us?” It’s extraordinary that for over three years the dedication to his career by so many continues to remain strong and securely committed … imo, it’s a testament to who he is as a person. I feel very thankful that I even discovered him.

PattiNC; # 23 … Wow, how creative and a great idea for a promo brochure! Thank you for doing that as you’re right about trying to get his shows to sell out! Lol, I’m dragging a bunch (none have ODD) with me to one of his shows so we’ll see how it goes.

Hi Djafan; #31 … So cool to use google translator. Once in a while it may not quite get the correct translation especially when it comes to the Japanese kanji characters as there may be more than one interpretation depending on how it is read. So I think that’s why the translation for that twitter from AAA in Japan didn’t quite make sense. Anyway, do hope to see you at one of the shows!

Betsy; #45 … Haha, funny you mention fish as I remember thinking it was strange to see lox and cream cheese being served for breakfast when visiting Alaska but it was delicious.

Freo; #46 … You’re right about those eggs. Maybe David can try a chawanmushi which is a savory egg custard usually eaten warm and quite good or an oyako donburi which is like a rice bowl with cooked egg-chicken combo on top.

Kaycee; #48 … That’s neat to be able to spend time with your kids and getting a taste of college life. Well, I can relate to your ticket purchasing challenge as I too had issues with ticketmaster but oh well, I do feel fortunate to be able to go.

FG; # 62 … “THE ARCHUZONE” …. <—- Yesssss …. love it and feeling it too!!!!!

To all the Japanese fans, a great big thank you for the pics and videos (a humongous thank youuuu Abrra for your speedy work posting them … it’s sure satisfying that craving!) David does look so happy and relaxed … sure hope he gets to have some time to enjoy the area before he leaves.

He looks and sounds GREAT I can’t believe he did so many songs!
    Thanks Abs for all the pics and vids. ♥
    So nice to come home to.

David is looking and sounding great. And wow, that was a long setlist!! It sounds like the fans there were really enjoying their concert.

And MANY THANKS to the fans in Japan for sharing. ♥

It still amazes me that David can perform on the other side of the world and we still have vids and pics within hours! What GREAT fans he has all over the world. 🙂

😮 Oops, forgot to thanks the Admins here.

Sometimes you guys are taken for granted and you shouldn’t be. No matter how many people post vids and pics, they wouldn’t get here, to us, without you guys!! ♥

♥♫♥Thank you for all that you do …
    for us and for David. ♥ ♫♥

Bluesky, that dip has been killing me for over 3 years now. 🙂
    I aDORE that dip.

I am shipping out David bracelets to Malaysia next week. I am hoping for a picture or one on Archuleta Avenue Malaysia…brings the fans a bit more together and that can only be good.

Still waiting for videos to add.

More pic spam from Japan 🙂

Oh ya WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!

credit wdupnori

Abs, that warning did me no good. 🙂
    Good lord.

Betsy
    I know the last pic is your fav, right? You love the hand on hip action 🙂

76. emmegirl said

Hoping for more vids soon.

Pencil me in for the last one (and I cannot dismiss the watch).

Abs, you know me well.
    Also.
    I always enjoy watching people tie their shoes. 😉

Emmegirl, right there waiting with you.

Also. I like his clothing choice.

Also, I don’t know why I keep saying also. 🙂 My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
    That’s it, I’ve finally lost it and am quoting movies. Does anyone know that one? 😉

Blazing Saddles 😉

I’ve now watched those 3 vids countless times and love them more with every watch lol Just like someone yelled “so much more” Yes David you are so much more. Those pictures are really nice 🙂 David sounded and looked great. I know it’s night time in Japan now so I’m patiently waiting for more videos.

Emmegirl, the watch…ditto
    Betsy, I don’t know the movie but I completely get the shoe tying.

Blueberry Ice, I’m sure we will 🙂

MT, It is amazing how technology puts things at your fingertips.

SB, Those bracelets are a huge hit. I can envision them being worn all over the world.

I knew you’d know. 🙂

Are we playing Trivial Pursuit? LOL

Those pics are GULP….just beautiful, David.

I can’t pic a favorite; there are just too many.

Still waiting for more videos.

Maybe soon.

Djafan
    I think its around 7:30 am Sunday in Japan. they are 11 hours ahead of eastern time. I am hoping they get up and get crackin’ on uploading 🙂

84. Freo said

Blueberry Ice, I noted down and will try those two dishes you mentioned. I love Japanese food. The only Japanese food that I did not care for was a bean dessert that I had in Japan; it upset my stomach, but I believe it was because my system was not used to the texture and taste. I just love Japanese curry and would welcome a link to a recipe if anyone knows of a good one. I can get green tea ice cream where I live, but the taste just does not compare to the ice cream I had in Japan.

So great to see these pics and vids. Thank you to the fans who captured the concert!

EEK! well I am gonna need to wrap my legs in memory foam or something, cause these eye treat keep bringing me to my knees! Good Grief and I was worried about pics and videos.owww!

Betsy, what is that from, I don’t remember…but I like it. haha!

86. emmegirl said

Once he tweeted something about listening to this song.
    He is sitting on a stool, dark stage with nothing but a spotlight on him…

Ahahaa nice pics. Now…

Photobucket

Oh my!!!

credit @Mayumi_JPN Japan

credit @gray

What just happened.

91. bluesky said

Good things come to those who wait. That’s what happened, Betsy. ^_^

Heaven (partial)

Stomping The Roses (partial)

credit NMP1NOY

oooooooooh!!

Far away but good audio and feel of crowd.

95. Heidijoy said

So nice to see the families and the guys with crew cuts(military?) in those videos Angelica. Like getting the feel of the crowd. David gave a great show and looks so happy and sincere in the photos. (Oh and of course handsome)

Thanks for keeping us posted. It is now early Monday there.

There was a large crowd in the chat room last night. Its a fun way to touch base with those who visit the site. For those who don’t chat with us yet, I think you’d like the diverse discussions that develop.

Last night all the admins were in attendance. This is not always the case, but I like it when they can make it.

Here are some highlights on topics where we shared opinions.

David sings better than anyone alive on the planet.

Djafan has watched the newest Crush video one hundred times.

David wears jeans better than anyone alive today.

Angelica needs to make a new video because she is the QUEEN of all video, but I remain the MASTER.

David loves it that girls scream at shows, even if he claims he doesn’t understand why.

MT wants to let David know that she needs him to come to Mississippi STAT 😉 She has never seen him in person.

David is HAWT.

Gladys has OWL eyes when she watches David in his pink shirt that blows in the wind.

David’s voice is the cure for all that ails you.

Steno wants David to keep his music career going without interruption. She says the years are growing short.

Some who are going to VIP will not be approaching David. They want to watch from afar.

Bebe reported that her husband reminded her again that he was the one who brought David into her life.

Tickets for foreign VIP’s are priced out of reach for fans. They are attended by the rich and famous.

Gladys will get her paperwork in order and someday see David and meet him in the US.

Gladys will be hosted by fans and her trip will cost only the air fare.

The biggest news is that Abrra stayed awake until 1 am.

MORE DAVID!!!!!!

Part 3

Part 4

This tweet with picture!!!!!

GrayAAA Gray
    Videos are coming for sure so stay tuned! 😀 For the time being… pic.twitter.com/e5ZTNYcU

Part 5

100. marlie7 said

Those giant pictures – gah! Be still my heart.

#98

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Is this the same guy in comment#98? Oh how the years go by…;)

Abrra#96, We had a hoot last night in chat. But you just gave away all of our secrets. Haha

Bebe
    No I didn’t 🙂 Its what we do in chat. We discuss 🙂

Stand By Me…I have a lump in my throat.
    These pictures, they are so beautiful.
    98. Dja,no words….no words necessary.

The videos are coming! the videos are coming! slowly, but worth the wait. Guess some are still in the “what just happened?” phase.:)

Dja, you are killng me with those pics. And to think, most of the general public has no idea that THIS David exists. Poor people.

Abrra, too funny, but yup, that about covered chat. haha It was lots of laughs last night. 🙂

Part 6 (Touch My Hand, If Only I Could Get Through This and Band Intro)

While waiting for new videos, I ran across this.
    (I fibbed, I actively looked for it, lol)
    I love it. 🙂

Front and center, always, as it should have been.

108. #96, Abrra, thanks for the review. I fell asleep and my husband did not wake me up…hmmm, what can I say? He knows what I am like after a late Saturday night I suppose! Ah, how late was it??

That chat recap was epic and hilarious. I usually miss chat due to the fact that I almost always have to close the store late saturday night and open the store early sunday morning, and for too long my sleep was not half of what it should be.That, and my computer is not what it should be. 🙂 Half the time I have a gray screen where chat should be.

110. marlie7 said

Thanks for the wonderful time in chat last night – it was fantastic!

On a totally different note (no pun intended) does David sound like he has a cold or a sore throat in the Japan videos? He missed some notes or had his voice “catch” a few times where he usually is spot on. I felt bad for him.

You lurked??? 😉

Betsy
    I hope you will try to come to chat by installing Google Chrome browser. It sounds like you are having flash issues with what you describe. Chrome won’t take up too much space and you can use it just for Unplugged if you still prefer your Firefox.

Marlie

You reminded me of another topic of discussion. 🙂

Marciami was concerned that the long plane flight had a drying effect on David’s voice.

I have not watched the far away videos yet. I am a bit of a Princess when it comes to good video. All those cameras focusing on David, there must be good videos coming.

Betsy#107,
    Missed you last night! From someone who is known to fall asleep on the keyboard, I totally understand about being sleep deprived. But with this video you posted, you got me started on all the group numbers from AI7. LOL Thanks! I really enjoyed the group numbers that year.

SandyBeaches#108!,
    Missed you last night, too! We were there way into the morning. At about 2:30 am EST I finally gave in and said niters. But there were still people there. It was a fun night.

Marlie#110,
    Glad you joined us last night; it felt like old times! 😉 I honestly didn’t notice any missed notes but some in chat were discussing it. I’m waiting for better videos with great audio.

I want another shoe tying picture.

No Abrra, no lurking, I never made it at all! How could I just lurk anyway??

Marlie,

Yes, I noticed the missed notes several times too and at one point he seemed a little exasperated when his voice broke at the end of ALTNOY, see end of Part 2 video above. Might have been allergies, fatigue, or the stale air on the long flight.

Chat was a blast. Thanks for the minutes you took Madam Secretary, Abrra. Maybe you should do that every week?

Yes, I am considering doing another video as it has been a very long time. The site keeps me pretty busy.

Angelica
    I consider what I wrote as “bait” to those who are resistant to attending our parties 😉 I dunno if I can disclose so much each week.

Another topic discussed ( Betsy are you sure you weren’t in the balcony?) was how many times David ties his shoes on stage.

See how detailed we get ? 🙂 Heavy stuff!

117. Angelica…you have important mail!

Thanks for the recap Abrra, I fell asleep last night in chat lol We did have a blast!

119. dakgal said

OK– That does it—NO more concerts after those grueling long flights –unless he gets at least three days to get rested– adjust to the time change–recover his voice after the “airplane air”– assess what he needs to vocally and just relax that bod. It’s totally unfair to have such a rushed agenda–after all he is only human– and I’m really kind of angry about it!! 😥

On some of these long trips, they have him scheduled to do early morning interviews and sometimes even want him to sing without giving him time to catch his breath.

David is a magnificent singer and I don’t want him shone in any other kind of light–just because people don’t stop and think about how this affects him.

Rant over–but I’m still angry. David start putting your foot down!!!!

120. Djafan, the next time, ping me with an email please, my phone is always close by! I might miss something important and the days are getting shorter…

121. That was a great rant Dak and I will go along with you on that!

122. Heidijoy said

#119 Dakgal I was thinking the same thing. David should have @ least a couple of days to acclimate to the extreme time change and recover from the long flight before he is expected to do a full concert. Hope he is all right now.
    Praying for a safe return. Is it time to get the SF prayer out.

123. When is he returning? Does anyone know?

chat was great fun last night 🙂
    love your recap Abs, and the picture…are you saying we’re all a bunch of clucks? haha!
    ( I think I recognize some chicks in that pic’) lol!

Sky
    It’s a Hen Party!

Taking the liberty to post SF’s prayer (with a couple edits :), don’t know what time they’re leaving so here it is.

Lord,
    Please take care of David. Watch over him and protect him from all harm.
    Separate David from those who have agendas other than for his well being.
    Give him rest when he’s weary and stamina to sustain his hectic pace.
    Give him assurance when he feels doubt and give him joy when he feels sad.
    Keep him always in your protective arms during this time on his journey back to the United States.
    And please Lord, give us the wisdom to do right by David always.
    Help us in the way we support him so that it is always in his best interests.
    Though we may be unworthy, we humbly pray.
    Amen

Dear David, sending you our best wishes for an uneventful & easy flight back home. Thank you for all you do and for who you are.
    Please stay safe & take care!

Dak, ITA.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photos from Something ‘Bout Archie site.

Nice crowd picture! Two people in the front row, say it all for me, in this picture, 2nd from the left(white sweater with stripe on her purse., and the 3rd girl to the right of the red bag, with her hands clasped under her chin, smiling up at David♥.awww,*sigh
    I love to see pictures of the crowds at Davids appearances.
    This crowd seemed a bit subdued to me, but very attentive. Think they were hypnotized and mesmerized witnessing David ‘live’, and hearing that beautiful voice, many I am sure, for the first time ever.
    Such a long way to go to perform… what a trooper our young man is♥♥♥

Dak,I hear you! I don’t know how he keeps what is often times a grueling schedule., and 17 songs was it? ….everybody wants a piece of you,meet and greets and interviews , but guess it comes with the territory. David is in great shape, and being 20,almost 21 helps.HA! He will probably sleep all the way home.♥

Sky
    I think the crowd’s demeanor relates more to their culture than their fandom Bebe told me that she read where Bon Jovi commented on how the Japanese fans will exit the Venue one row at a time. I guess they have a higher sense of reserve in behavior.

Abrra. I blame my iPhone for all errors 🙂

That’s funny Abrra; there were no typos that time. LOL

I’m a sucker for crowd pics too, Sky, so I loved the one in comment#127.
    And confirming what Abs said, I’ve heard Jon Bon Jovi say in interviews how impressed he was with the way Japanese fans exited the arena at the end of his shows, one row at a time, unlike other places in the world where 20,000 fans aim for the exits at the same time.

credit AAInternasional/ indo

We’ve got a closeup sideways Elevator here!

credit: ito3731

and part 7 (partial Heaven)

credit: Rongasuuu

Bebe,perfect position for me, that closeup wiped me out. hard to stay vertical after that one!
    hope there’s more coming like that! I don’t care if they are all sideways, I will just grab a pillow and blankie and pre-fall to the floor to watch em..

Abs.this one needs be in unplugged video library…stat! 🙂

I almost passed up the sideways Elevator due to it’s sidewaysness.
    Sooo glad I didn’t.

Sorry. I should have put a warning on that Elevator. “Enter at your own risk” or something. LOL My head will be tilted to the left all day; I suspect all the videos from ito3731 will be like that. Unless anyone knows how to fix them??!!

135. TXNancy said

I’m with you, dakgal! David’s arrival in Jakarta gave him little time to get over jet lag and I still can’t believe how he got thru his grueling Asia schedule. Now, the same sort of scheduling for Okinawa. It’s hard to explain jet lag, but you really do need at least three days to feel ‘normal’ again, even if going the ‘shorter’ distance to Europe. We loved our 3 overseas assignments but the traveling was something else! David is almost super human, to have performed not too long after his arrival.

The M&G and concert pictures are wonderful. How special to have David right there with the military & their dependents and the local nationals! I hope that David will be invited to perform at bases all over the world.

I will fix that sideways video and post it on Unplugged when I get home. I have a magic video flip-o-matic machine !

Abrra I blame my iPhone for all errors

Love these VIP pics from the Japan show…
    This one, for example:

More here:

Nice shots from the Japan show here!

credit Diamonds1021

139. ray said

a little weight gain there david,

139. Don’t know what he’s doing Ray, but he looks wonderful! Beefin’ up, lookin’ mighty fine!!

bebe, love those black and white pics in the video, and the VIP pics too.Thanks! (Is that a piece of luggage by the man on the right.. …pardon the weird question..like you would know! haha! never mind.

Abrra I blame my iPhone for all errors,

I haven’t seen that Elevator video yet, till I get home so I hope you can get your magic video flipper thingy working soon. Someone, I won’t mention her name, bebecause that would be rude has been spazzing me by text since she posted it.

My neck has a kink, hurry with the flipovideomachine haha.

I really liked the change ups in Elevator whether they happened due to airplane air dry throat syndrome or allergies. David sure is a trouper. I remember during his tour and the Demi tour we we’re treated to some of the best performances when he had to go into his lower register.

I received the flyers for PattiNC and they’re beautiful. I’ve started with Anaheim, lets see how many places I can send to. I was able to added to Anaheims calendar of events 🙂

I used this free program for flipping the video. It is a suite of handy, dandy utilities to convert and edit video and audio.If anyone decides to try it out, be sure during installation that you uncheck the box that asks you to put a toolbar on your browser. Most free programs do this , but they do offer a way to opt out of the toolbar.

WARNING!!!!!!

credit original video ito3731

144. dakgal said

Oh Daaaavid—where are yoooou?

Passed out under a tent somewhere? Enlist in the marines? Still in bed at some hotel with a ” DO NOT DISTURB ” sign on the door? Wandering around Okinawa in a daze? Kidnapped by some rabid fan? Got on the wrong plane? In Hawaii on some very secluded beach wearing cut off jeans, a tank top and tennies–writing songs?
    Run away from home? Forget to get off the plane and are on your way to the South Pole?

Please just one little sweet tweet–we need to breathe here. And kitty is getting tired!!

Heaven video from Reiko!!!!

The man is back!!!!!!

DavidArchie David Archuleta

Back in the US!
    6 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Dak he is home.

@DavidArchie Back in the US!

Heaven

credit reiko11394

I had to copy this video to youtube to embed it here. Its on Veoh, which is another kind of video site.. Maybe that’s why they are slow to show up? We didn’t know where to look.

Nice detective work, finding that video. Maybe there are a slew of videos out there on other video sites.

149. dakgal said

In the mean time, having analyzed the picture– #96– of adms. from Sat. night chat— I have determined who’s who.

Angelica and Dja are in the red,–(abs doesn’t like red )– nice dress Dja–very now thing goin on– but it seems Angelica forgot to put on the bottoms to her bikini ( pretty racey) 8)

Bebe(cause) is in the pink ensemble. Just looks like Bebe. Must be her chair dancing outfit–kinda aerobic looking.

Of course, you all know who that leaves on the floor!! Abs– either be more lady like or get a longer dress. 🙄

I’m sure the glasses hold Diet Dr. Pepper–except there is a bottle on the floor by Abrra–which is very suspicious.

Pic spam from MCCS Okinawa Entertainment’s Photos

I like to observe David’s body language with fans of different ages.

David is rockin’ the elfin king hair 😉

Love that last pic. Holding up shirts with one knee to sign them must be a skill he has mastered. 🙂

152. dakgal said

Thank you Dja and Abs—#146 and #147—I think my shoulders lowered about four inches–not up around the back of my head any more—time to relax–aaaaaaah!!!

I swear that little stinker is going to be the life ( keeps me alive wondering where he is) or death of me.

Betsy–that is some balancing act –I’d be flat on my keister in no time. 😉

And a big thanks to the chicks in admin. for all your searching and posting of videos and pictures ( they might cause my demise also).

I’m a doomed woman—but what ya gonna do–I addicted!!

P.S. I blame abrra’s iPhone for all errors.

Dak,

LOL. Abrra’s iphone…that’s just funny to me. And why am I the one who forgot her bottoms? I would never do that. The boots maybe, but never the bottoms. 😉

Crazy

Uploaded another one from reiko11394 on Veoh

I can relate to the picture on #96. I have to confess…I was lurking!! My computer had a virus and I could only watch and read! It kept going out and by Sun was gone. My daughter fixed it today while I was at work.
    As usual, it was a lot of fun, even tho I couldn’t “speak”. I sure did think the same thoughts as some!! Don’t worry, tho, what ever goes on on Chat, stays on Chat!!! lol

156. Tawna21 said

#154 I like how he introduced “Crush” as the song that changed his life…..yesss it did…..and it changed alot of other lives also.

Tawna

Crazy was AWESOME!!!! as usual!!!!!

ALTNOY

Note: Shoe tying at the beginning 😉

credit from reiko11394 on Veoh

159. ray said

i like the cute young chicks at 96

Ray,

LOL! I read your comment in my email and came here to see what meet and greet photo you were referring to. haha. thanks!

161. emmegirl said

119 dak, brava! I read a couple years ago that Mariah rests completely for something like 2 weeks before a performance.

144, LOL!!!

Sideways, upright, no matter…those vids of a certain beefy, elfin- king-coiffed singer still laid me out.

162. emmegirl said

Play that b/w video,138, in chat, and there will be SRO.

Emme, thanks for the reminder about #138. I hadn’t watched it. Now I am on watch #2. In a row.
    Ahem, it’s quite good.
    He is quite nice looking, and very into his performance.
    Whew, got through that sounding like a normal person, almost.

bwaaak! bwaaaak! Bwaaaak!!!
    you guys are killing me with your comments tonite, I can’t stop laughing!!!
    Dak,, you crack me up.:) lol!
    ( I think Dja and Angelica are dancing to TOSOD)…♪♫ “so I put one foot in front of the otherrrrrrrr”♫♪

the videos are getting better! thanks abrra♥
    Glad Davids back home tonite! Man! quick turnaround.
    Get some rest David♥

165. gladys1 said

looking in my files, I found this video of AI tour.
    I still have doubts, David was destined to be the center of everything. I like the end of the video, the whole world at his feet.

166. gladys1 said

i’m sorry, I meant.

looking in my files, I found this video of AI tour.
    No doubt ,David was destined to be the center of everything. I like the end of the video, the whole world at his feet

167. kaycee said

Aahhh, Gladys #165…such great memories! Has it really been 3 years?

I’m finally back home after a long fun weekend with my kids away at college. It was a very late 4-hour drive back home last night, and I found myself getting a bit drowsy. I was the only one awake in the car, and was searching for ways to keep myself alert. David’s music is always my first choice while driving–but last night it’s soothing effect was working against me. On my ipod, I found David’s live accapella renditions of Christmas songs during the Jingle Balls 3 year ago. The loud crowds and crazy energy kept me wide awake…and I had forgotten how TRULY amazing each song was! He has such a natural soulful vibe running through him!…makes me so excited for the Christmas Tour!

Gladys,

I love looking back at the old AI7 Tour videos. I see what you mean about all the fanfare and David’s destiny. That performance of “Apologize” was awesome! You could just feel the love!

Kaycee,

Live performances FTW! I sometimes prefer to buy a live album rather than a studio made cd. The energy is invigorating. Glad you had David’s live Jingle Ball performances on your IPod to get you through the trip home.

Well, slow and steady, the videos are trickling in!

Here’s “My Kind Of Perfect”

“A Thousand Miles”

credit Hanne58
    original videos thanks to REIKO11394

New article —–>

170. clover by the park…

[…]David Archuleta ~ The Road to Japan « The Voice[…]…

171. Oh good news i love it…

[…]David Archuleta ~ The Road to Japan « The Voice[…]…

172. how to get cheap flights last minute…

[…]David Archuleta ~ The Road to Japan « The Voice[…]…

173. Listen to Music…

[…]David Archuleta ~ The Road to Japan « The Voice[…]…