Beach Party Archuleta Style~ PattiNC’s Recap
Posted by djafan on Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Hi everyone…thought I’d give you my thoughts on a few of the songs from his set. First let me tell you a little bit about myself as a fan. I’ve been a fan since AI, though didn’t get crazy into him until towards the end. I’ve seen him on the AI tour, Richmond solo tour, one stop w/ Demi, and CFTH in Baltimore (w/ VIP)..I consider myself a closet DA fan for the most part, and keep my squeeing mainly amongst other DA fans. I don’t do Twitter except to get his tweets…so I know nothing except what I read on a couple of fan sites. I love David for his voice, his interpretation of songs, and for the person he is. I expect nothing from him, except his lovely voice, which brings me peace. 🙂
So here we gooo…
- STR one of my favorites on TOSOD, and was super excited to hear it live…and he KILLED it…love his angry song..great (unexpected opening song) I’m sure some people in the audience who had never heard him (live or otherwise) just said “WTH??”
- TOSOD got to hear the “HUH” in person!!
- ALTNOY such a vocally difficult song, yet he nails it every time!
- EWTRTW wow, totally didn’t expect this..and his explanation in the beginning was truly telling about where he’s at now. I really listened to the words as only he could interpret, and it was pretty powerful. If that wasn’t a message song, I don’t know what is. Love it…not much else to say…the ending is just amazing…WHY DON’T PEOPLE GET HIM??????
- SBL Slower paced, slightly different vibe…I really like this song, and enjoyed hearing it live
- GGTT Was pretty excited he sang this…loved it, his vocals were divine!! perfect for the band introductions/solos…some super talented young men in this band!
- MH killed it, killed it, killed it…always love the ending
- BB as soon as he said Paul McCartney I was excited…as soon as he started singing, I was stunned…his voice was like buttah! Love his lower register…and seriously his humming is better than most people’s singing! He really makes me listen to the words like I’ve never done before. The band’s instrumentation in this was beautiful!
- FS G O R G E O U S!!!
- WFM Oh how I’ve missed you “live”..one of his best..only way to top it off would’ve been for him to add that little somethin’ somethin’ from Reno 🙂
- Complain I love this song…the guitar in it is amazing…and his vocals are crazy good…that note at the end=GAH!! His vocals were so strong, even though it was his 14th song! With NO water breaks!!
- ELEV fun song, with audience participation
- Crush His first born…..soooooo goooood liiiiiive
David sounded amazing, not sure what else to say…so good to see him back singing a whole set, I think he needed it as much as us. It was worth sitting in the sun from 10:30…thankfully I’m from the beach, so I already had a tan, so didn’t get burnt….not so much for some of the other fans. It looked like a pretty good crowd…I tried to look to see how far back people were, but I’m only 5’, so my range isn’t very good!
All in all it was a magical evening..worth having to deal with so much T & A walking/riding around MB..it was quite an interesting social experience!! LOL
It was fun to finally meet SF and her sister, and SB…thanks for the chips, dip, and water! and the chair 🙂 David has the best fans! (I spy part of myself in SB’s pic) Met some other familiar names, and it’s so funny to watch them all reunite and hug each other!
If this is the direction David is heading, then I’m standing in line for this ride!