May 2011
    « Apr   Jun »
    16171819202122

Abrra on David Archuleta Tonight @The S…
    Abrra on David Archuleta Tonight @The S…
    jans11 on David Archuleta Tonight @The S…
    Dayzee on David Archuleta Tonight @The S…

• credit david instagram ~ davidarchie#Blue (da ba dee da ba da?)

• Click the picture to Buy “Called To Serve” DVD Learn about David Archuleta’s mission in Chile

• Click on Picture to Buy ” Glad Christmas Tidings” CD

• Click the Picture to Buy “No Matter How Far” by David Archuleta at Amazon.com

• Click on Picture to Buy ” BEGIN.” by David Archuleta at Amazon.com

• Click on Picture to Buy “Live in Concert: Glad Christmas Tidings!” DVD

• Click on Picture to Buy “TOSOD Asian Tour Edition” By David Archuleta at CDwow!

• Click on Picture to Buy “The Other Side of Down” by David Archuleta at Amazon.com

• Click on Picture to Buy “Chords of Strength” at Amazon.com

• Click on Picture to Buy “David Archuleta Deluxe Version” at Amazon.com

• Click on Picture to Buy “Christmas From The Heart” By David Archuleta at Amazon.com

• FOX's "American Idol" Finale For The Farewell Season Featuring: David Archuleta Where: Hollywood, California, United States When: 08 Apr 2016 Credit: FayesVision/WENN.com

Band Series, Part 2 ~ Introducing David Archuleta’s Band

Posted by bebereader on Saturday, May 7, 2011

Photo credit PaulaFOD

Percussionist: Steven J. Robinson

When I began to research percussionist/actor/singer/songwriter and producer, Steven J. Robinson, I found very little on the web. But I noticed that he’s active on Twitter where he’s very popular with the fans. I took a leap and decided to tweet him for some help. It soon became apparent why he’s so popular; he’s a delightful guy, very easy to talk to and really friendly. Bursting with excitement, he graciously answered all my questions and then some, without hesitation. 😀

Born in 1989 in Los Angeles, California, Steven Robinson comes from a family of performers. His Mom and Dad were singers and ministers in the Pentecostal church. It was only a matter of time before Steven set his sights on a similar career.

How did you become interested in music and particularly percussion?

“Drums was the very first thing that intrigued me. I was very small-around the age of 2-in church. I didn’t know anything about drumming, or what it’s main purpose was in a musical setting. All I remember is that the sound and physical nature of the instrument grabbed my attention, and never let go! The more I got into drums as time went on, the more I got into music.

Funny story-because I was so deeply rooted in church, and gospel music, my first time hearing secular music was in 3rd grade. The kids at school would bring their CD’s. Around that time, Britney Spears, NSync, Christina Aguilera, 98 Degrees, and Spice Girls were HUGE. I knew the sound wasn’t gospel, but I liked it! It was simpler, and most of the time, less dramatic. ha ha It was a nice change. But now I incorporate my gospel roots into my pop/r&b gigs, and people love it. :)”

According to his bio, Steven started playing drums professionally as early as junior high school!

When did you start playing professionally and getting gigs?

“In my sophomore year of high school, I was asked to play behind Marie Wise-Hawkins, a local country singer. I played with her for a year or so, doing local gigs and demo recordings. From her, I went on to playing in a rock band called NuLvL.“

After high school, he won a music scholarship to Berklee College of Music in Boston. While in Boston, he auditioned at a local theater and began to get interested in every aspect of the entertainment industry including acting. He also worked in the studio with Japanese artist Sylvia Lynn and singer/songwriter Tori Salisbury. He has graced the stage musically and theatrically, in various productions from one coast to the other.  His artistry grows from writing, recording and performing his own material.

Were you in a band in college?

“During college, I played in an R&B band called “Aftershock”. We were a 20-piece band! This was my first experience playing r&b in a huge setting. I learned so much! From this opportunity, I was given my first semi high profile gig, with Universal Motown’s Devin Johnson. Devin sang and played keyboards in Aftershock. During these playing experiences, a good buddy of mine named Andre Brown shaped and molded the raw talent inside of me. Andre taught me how to play to a click track (much different than practicing to cd’s!), and showed me different ways to approach r&b drumming. I thank God for having Andre placed in my life.”

Have you had prior band experience?

“While in LA, I’ve been on the hustle as a drummer and an actor, looking for the next great opportunity. I played for a number of up and coming acts before landing the gig with David. At the end of the day, it’s all about networking, and building relationships with fellow entertainers. That’s how I got the recommendation for David’s new band. :)”

Which brings us to this week’s Twitter parties. Enthusiastic fans asked Steven all kinds of cool questions to which he so generously obliged. 😉 Names of tweeters have been removed to protect our innocence. LOL.  Steven’s replies are in italics.

How did U come about joining @DavidArchie’s band? Did U know about him before joining his band?
His last drummer was an acquaintance of mine…he called me in to audition.

How’s the music coming along?
The music is great! Cant wait to get back to work!

Luv new vibe- David Archuleta’s band with your bongos adds new flavor & vibe.
Awesome! That was the plan!

Who are some of your favorite gospel artists?
GREAT question-Hezekiah Walker, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, John P. Kee, Doobie Powell, Tye Tribbett, Skillet, the list goes on!

What’s David doing today?
Not sure….lol check his tweets

You are so sweet. ‘family’ .. you have such a positive, sunny attitude..I love that. no wonder David chose you.
Thank you so very much! 🙂

Are we getting any closer to Tour news???
Everyday that passes gets closer to news. 🙂

Any more ‘sexy acoustic sets’ in the works? Loved the last one!!
Oh yeah! Much more sexy acousticness in the works!

“Much more sexy acousticness in the works!” Lord have Mercy on us all. Imma start prayin now.
Talk to the Lord!! Lol

How do you transport those big drums?
A car, and lots of patience lol

*cough* going to Asia soon? *cough*COUGH*
ha ha ha dont know yet…hopefully!

Morning! Do u guys rehearse in a set studio or do u pack up ur drums each day & travel around?
We’re in a set studio.

Any particular reason for choosing drums as your instrument? Do you have a favorite drummer?
I was chosen by God to play drums. 🙂 For whatever reason! Fav drummers-brook alexander, teddy campbell, aaron spears

Will david’s tour start in June!?
June? Who said that?

Have u ever heard @davidarchie sing some Prince?
We’re trying to convince him actually! #iloveprince

I have all the tamales you need. just need tour dates and you can have them all 😛
ha ha ha ha you little sneak!! Lol

ooh rehearsals tonight eh? i raise my bribe by 10 tamales if you agree to cellcast the rehearsals tonight 😉
ha ha ha ha!!!!!! I really cant wait to meet you! Ha ha what show are you coming to?

You skipped over my tweet about “full set at Myrtle Beach”??? but I’ll forgive you this time! LOL
Oh Im sorry!!! Yes full set!!

or we can meet in INDONESIA in JULY 😛
ha ha ha!

oh yeah! My man, Steven, is a clever dude! Not gonna get one over on him! But good try! haha ♥ you guys 🙂

Good Place Good Place Good Place (trying subliminal mind control) Good Place Good Place Good Place
ha ha ha!

Hi! Question, don’t know if it’s been answered… Whose brilliant idea was it to mash up Gotta Get Thru This & Msg in a Bottle?!
All collaborative my friend 🙂

Thanks 4the twitter party & info about the Cajon, my music shop closed in the neighborhood 😦 Boo hope we didn’t overwhelm U 🙂
Not at all! I throw the twitter parties cause yall are awesome!

We do know for sure that there is a summer tour, right?
Not confirmed yet.

Hmmm….boss man just called me. Indonesia. 🙂

Call me ignorant but do you mean David by “boss man”? Don’t want to assume!
Yep. That’s David!

Tell @DavidArchie that we love when he adds lots of na na na’s, yeah yeahs and humming in his songs! 🙂
He knows, that’s why he does it! Ha ha

Yeah, that @DavidArchie acts so innocent, but he KNOWS what he’s doin’! haha
Agreed!!!

Uh oh. With that last reply, I think we’re headed for Trouble with a capital T.

87 Responses to “Band Series, Part 2 ~ Introducing David Archuleta’s Band”

1. Jan said

Great article, BB…so informative on a great guy! I think Steven is the perfect fit for David’s band. It would be so much fun to watch them “jammin” during their practice. Can’t wait to see the whole band play together. Even though he won’t be touring here yet, I’m excited for his touring in Indonesia and hope that soon after he’ll be touring here in the states. “fingers crossed”!!!

2. Thanks, Bebe, you’re becoming quite the investigative reporter. This series is making me over the top ODD. His new band-family is going to be special. They won’t need flashing lights & half naked bodies cause the music and the VOICE will blow everyone away.

Yah for Filipino fans! You guys are the best and glad DA will be feeding your devotion & undying support. Also glad things finally worked out for the Indonesian fans. Soooooo excited for Asian fans!

3. grasshopper said

Loved the write up bebereader, great sleuthing. Steven is so awesome having these twitter parties, it was fun to participate. It’s a great way to sneeze out information about the up and coming events also. The diehard fans love hearing about those little extra deals, we’ll take everything we can get lol. Steven seems like a perfect fit for David, no wonder he picked him 🙂

Bebe: Great Article! It looks like David has chosen to surround himself with some very talented people. And I like the fact that he does twitter parties and may tease a little but isn’t giving out anything concrete that David hasn’t approved. It should be up to David when info is released. Seems like a smart and friendly guy. (Good choice, David)

“Whose brilliant idea was it to mash up Gotta Get Thru This & Msg in a Bottle?!
    All collaborative my friend”

^^ If this is an example of their collaboration, we’ve got great things coming up!

Steven is a wonderful addition to David’s new adventure in music.Choosing carefully those musicians that best reflect his direction is the foundation David told us about in his blog. Steven is grounded in family and music, both traits that fit with what David is all about.

I looked up Steven on youtube. It is a pleasure to see him play in a laid back style that shows he knows not to overpower the rest of the musicians. Here he is with a fusion jazz group:

I subscribed to his channel in hopes of more rehearsal videos 😉

Bebe your interview was fun and informative. I had asked you about requesting a phone interview, but twitter gave an equally interesting feel on what Steven is all about. Your questions and comments to him were those we all have rolling around in our minds to ask. Well done!

Got to have a screen cap right? I love how his face is on the big screen to compliment the full body shot of him singing.

6. archiesfan4life said

Great investigative work Bebe! David is becoming a very astute businessman choosing such talented band members. They seem to be working well together too – I think there are a lot of surprises in store for us! We need to prepare for what is to come – how do we do that????!!!!

7. joymus said

Bebe my friend,
    Thank You sooo much for gathering all this info on our behalf and the eventual write-up. Thanks to everyone else for the great questions.
    I agree with everyone here that Steven has the right combination of traits that suits David, is even close to him in age and while he teases us with info, does not reveal anything that he should not.
    Fun Read!

8. desertrat said

Many thanks to everyone at “The Voice” for the band introductions and for all the other wonderful posts!

Bebe,thank you so much for part 2 of your series! This is really exciting, getting to know the band this way! Love the Twitter Party, and Steven’s responses and openness to David’s fans.Sounds like his temperament is a good fit too.
    On Steven…
    “It soon became apparent why he’s so popular; he’s a delightful guy, very easy to talk to and really friendly. Bursting with excitement, he graciously answered all my questions and then some, without hesitation. :-D”

#5,Abrra, thanks for the video and that picture is divine☺
    “It is a pleasure to see him play in a laid back style that shows he knows not to overpower the rest of the musicians.”
    I love that too. I was so happy with the way he played for David in Nashville♥

10. emmegirl said

Sleuthful bebe, nice work. What a great guy, and really, really good musician (thanks for the vid Abrra). Seems like a great fit. Love the work they did in Nashville, can’t wait to see what else they have cookin’. Would love to get a peek at rehearsals too Jan, watching them work things out, the creativity, ingenuity. Sooo anxious and excited for things to get rollin’.

11. Heidijoy said

Thank you Bebe for the interview and report on Steve the Drummer. Thanks too Abrra for the you tubes too. Steve seems to be a great fit in so many ways. I love his personality,talent and his enjoyment of fans…….and patience. Ha! The info he gives out is a perfect combination of encouragement and support without violating David’s trust. Excited about the upcoming events and future.

12. joymus said

HeidiJoy – The part about David and Steven – Well said!

13. Blueberry Ice said

Bebe; Thank you for this post. It’s been enjoyable learning about David’s band members. Steven is very talented and seems like such a nice guy. Love that each band member’s talent & musical background is bringing something special to compliment David. I didn’t know much about his previous bands, but this band appears to be quite versatile, allowing David to explore different sounds, arrangements and maybe even to try songs outside his comfort zone. I’m getting shaky thinking about the possibilities!

How awesome was it to see David’s name trending worldwide! So happy for the Indonesian and Filipino fans … can’t wait for more US dates as well!

Good job Bebe!! I’d been waiting for you to work your magic and delve into the Steven enigma. Thank you. And thanks to Abrra for my new screen saver. That pic is another perfect David image.
    Sounds like Steven is a multi-talented, multi-faceted fellow. Should fit right in with “the boss”. Love that he calls David “boss” and treats him with respect.

15. Marylee said

Thanks Bebe 🙂 It’s so much fun to be pre-introduced to the new band members! Steven has been so much fun on Twitter..can’t wait to meet him in person. His addition of the bongos (for lack of another name)to David’s performance at the IC event was refreshing! I love the new musical ‘vibe’ already! David is so smart~his instincts at such an early age are incredible. The time he took to re-focus on his life & career will, no doubt, prove to be a very wise decision on his part. The timing couldn’t have been better ~So excited for this new phase he is entering~what lucky fans we are to experience it along with him.

16. ray said

ok american idol wake up theres your true american idol,world wide trending without any promo,or fans trying for it ,it just happened,because he is the real deal.WOW

I appreciate all the comments, thank you! This piece was (a piece of cake? LOL) load of fun to do, and Steven is an awfully nice guy! I sent him a link to this article and he’s already been here reading. I told him to leave a comment if he wants so we’ll see. 🙂

Jan#1 Fingers crossed with you. By the time David and the band finish in Asia they will be well-seasoned and ready for us! But will we be ready for them? haha

Fandaforeverti48#2 “They won’t need flashing lights & half naked bodies cause the music and the VOICE will blow everyone away.” Agreed!

Grasshopper#3 How lucky you were part of the twitter party! I came in at the end but it sure was fun to read back.

MT#4 Steven isn’t just talented, there’s no doubt that he’s sharp, too.

Abs#5 That pic is made of AWESOME!!

AF4L#6 “We need to prepare for what is to come – how do we do that????!!!!” There’s no hope for us. We are doomed.

Joymus#7 and Desertrat#8 Thank you for your comments!

Sky#9 I think it’s a good fit too! 🙂

Emmegirl#10 Like you and Jan I’m waiting for an inside look at a rehearsal. (Steven, if you’re reading this, please put in a good word for us to ‘The Boss Man”. *wink*)

HeidiJoy#11 “The info he gives out is a perfect combination of encouragement and support without violating David’s trust.” Yes, he’s all about respect.

BlueberryIce#13 I like the way you think, especially about trying something out of one’s comfort zone. Just thinking about David singing a song by Prince. Raspberry Beret? When Doves Cry?

Dayzee#14 “the Steven enigma” I love it!!

Marylee#15 “David is so smart~his instincts at such an early age are incredible. The time he took to re-focus on his life & career will, no doubt, prove to be a very wise decision on his part. Totally agreed!

Ray#16, You said a mouthful. David is the real deal and a true American Idol. That was so apparent back in May of 2008. *ahem*

Be back later.

18. Gayle122890 said

Sweet guy, that Steve. I really love the new vibe he brings to David’s performances. Thank you, Bebe!

Wow! The joy and excitement that came through David’s Indonesia vlog was contagious! The whole fan base was electrified! So, so happy for him. My heart was bursting with pride and LOVE for David. Although I couldn’t comment until now, I was having a ball sneaking inhere from work every now and then. 🙂

19. Gayle122890 said

And just for fun, and hoping that real soon…Fresno loves you, David!

(I hope I did that right-video. If I messed up, can someone help me please? Thanks.)

20. Dakgal said

Bebe–as always a great job of rounding up info for all of us with seemingly insatiable appetites for David and his new band.

Blueberry Ice #13— “Steven is very talented and seems like such a nice guy. Love that each band member’s talent & musical background is bringing something special to compliment David. I didn’t know much about his previous bands, but this band appears to be quite versatile, allowing David to explore different sounds, arrangements and maybe even to try songs outside his comfort zone. I’m getting shaky thinking about the possibilities!”

You said that perfectly!

And a big hi to Steven 😛 Welcome aboard!

I hope you follow me on this: This isn’t a direct quote (can’t find my book–dang it) just from my memory.

In the book ” The Shack” there is a passage , which I will try to describe.

The setting is in the kitchen of a cabin, where the character called ” Papa” ( who is actually God), while cooking is humming and singing along to a song playing on the radio. The person sitting at the kitchen table says “That’s a beautiful song, who is singing and what’s the name of the group?” To which Papa replies “Oh, my dear, they haven’t even been born yet.”

Enough said!!

21. Tawna21 said

Bebe–super fun read. 🙂 David’s done an awesome job is selecting his band members. “Boss-man”–I L.O.V.E it. Wouldn’t we all love a boss just like David?! I know I would. I would be gladly working 24/7 (without pay) rather than dragging my butt to work every day. haha I bet they have some preeetttyy great times at rehearsals.

Thanks again, bebe.

umm dak– shivers is right— “That’s a beautiful song, who is singing and what’s the name of the group?” To which Papa replies “Oh, my dear, they haven’t even been born yet.”

SHIVERS!! Made me put down the book and gave me food for thought for a long time. Now, why do you suppose this should come to my mind now? I wonder……. ♥♥

Tawna

Bebe, what a well researched, well written article. What a welcome addition to David’s band! Drums, bongos, the wooden box thing, lol. Very talented. Percussion, indeed.
    I have a question for him.
    Steven – Did your parents ever complain about the noisy drumming in the house? 🙂
    My son is in a band and brought his friends’ drum set over to our house because his parents wouldn’t allow the noise. It IS loud, but we grin and bear it. 🙂
    Thanks, Bebe, once again for your in-depth article. I always learn so much from your articles.

Just ran across this again, and I remembered how much I loved it. The Vulture loved David. ♥ It was so funny.
    I thought maybe there might be a new-ish fan who hasn’t seen this:

24. emmegirl said

bebe, trouble with a capital T, lol!

betsy, you’re good parents. 🙂

Emmegirl, haha that’s what you think! I was not pleased about the drums showing up. 🙂
    But I do pick my battles.
    He is forever bringing home stray troubled kids and musical instruments, lol. Does their laundry and feeds the one and plays the other loudly.

27. davidstopsmyaging said

Bebereader, thanks so much for introducing us to the infamous band members playing for the best singer on the planet. Your articles are so fun to read—can’t wait for the day to listen to the finished product. Do we get to meet that multi-talented guitarist next….hmmmmm??? Love to read about Steven, too. Looks like David is getting the very best——Hooray for him, and for us!

Congrats to all you Asian fans—-you certainly deserve the treat you will get when David comes to perform for you.

Exciting stuff—so honored to be a fan.

28. MunkFOD said

bebe, Thanks for all the great info on Steven! David has put together a great band to work with. Loving the “take charge” David! They are all great musicians! He must be really excited to work with them and for us to hear them! Can’t wait!

29. PaulaFOD said

Thanks for the introductions to the band members!! Steven is a lot of fun!!! So glad he’s joined the family! Thanks Bebe for your article!

30. hughes1003 said

Thanks so much for the intro to the new band members. I was fortunate to get to be at the Invisible Children event in Nashville. The two members he brought just seemed like really nice guys. In my search for videos from that night (due to my epic fail of missing recording TOSOD and Crush), I stumbled across this:

Apparently Steven is a family man too :-). If the link doesn’t work, go to YouTube and type “Kiki watching daddy playing with David Archuleta”. SOOO cute!! 🙂

Hughes1003 – So glad you commented here. Thanks for your beautiful videos! I loved them more than you’ll know.
    p.s. There can never be too many closeups, lol.

And wow! Thanks for the youtube link!

Many pictures to scroll through of Lupe’s event last night.

Huges1003
    Thank you for that video! I fixed the embedding.

Gayle#18 Glad you’re able to sneak in here from work. Been missing your comments! New vibe FTW!

Dak#20 ““Oh, my dear, they haven’t even been born yet.”
    Oh dear, indeed!

Tawna#21 David as our ‘Boss-Man”? I have a one word reply to that “dkjfdr^^80–044uuea” LOL

Thanks for the props, Betsy#23! and for the walk down memory lane with the Vulture link.

Emmegirl#24, Trouble FTW! 😉

Davidstopsmyaging#27 “Do we get to meet that multi-talented guitarist next….hmmmmm??” Well…YES! Just for you! LOL

Munk and PaulaFOD#28/29 Thank You!

Hughes#30 Great video! Thank you and Welcome to The Voice!

35. lct said

Celebrity Mother’s Day Shout-Outs

Go and leave a comment!

36. archiesfan4life said

Betsy #22 – “the wooden box thing” LOL – I have been so curious about that wooden box thing so I finally asked my son, who played percussion in a band after college for a while, and he told me it is a Cajon drum,it is South American and is basically a hollow hardwood box with a hole in it. So now we know – haha!

37. emmegirl said

Archiesfan4life, thanks for the info on the box. So far we have seen him play drums (video), bongos and a box..likin’ it!

Betsy,”Does their laundry and feeds the one and plays the other loudly.” ♥

Want to echo David’s wishes for a Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful mothers and mother figures here at thevoice.

Your mother is always with you…

She’s the whisper of the leaves
    as you walk down the street.

She’s the smell of bleach in
    your freshly laundered socks.

She’s the cool hand on your
    brow when you’re not well.

Your mother lives inside
    your laughter. She’s crystallized
    in every tear drop…

She’s the place you came from,
    your first home.. She’s the map you
    follow with every step that you take.

She’s your first love and your first heart
    break….and nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, Not space…
    Not even death….
    will ever separate you
    from your mother….

You carry her inside of you…. ~ anonymous

Abrra That poem was just beautiful!

Go to this link to see David wish all the Moms a Happy Mother’s Day en espanol!

Bebez…

Your write-up of David’s band members is important. There is no one else making the bands announcements, other than themselves or doing any PR work for him. How does he get by? Well his fans have done so much for him like no other.

Abrra, thanks for the poem, I had a little trouble with it after two lines…Just returned from spending the day with my kids, it is not always possible to do that. Now to spend time with the four legged ones so I will dress down for that!

Happy Mother’s Day to everyone…

Happy Mothers Day to all!
    Abs – that poem is beautiful. Thanks for posting. Reminds me of my mom. ♥
    Archiesfan4life – thanks for the wooden box drum info. 😉

Good Morning and Happy Mother’s Day!!!

We celebrated Mother’s day and my mom’s 74 birthday yesterday, still trying to recuperate.

Bebe!!!!

I love the band series. It gives us a glimpse of what David is looking for and the the kind of sound we’ll be getting in the near future.

Steve seems like such a good guy who has mad skills. His twitter parties are much fun with Steve giving us just enough without divulging anything David is not ready to share, I love this kind of respect. Looking forward to what the future holds.

David and his announcement via video blog sure send twitter off in a way that I hadn’t seen in a while. The fans are still loving them some David and waiting to see him.

David was trending worldwide for about 16 hours non stop and then in at least 8 countries and various cities throughout during that time span. It created such a buzz that people who don’t follow David could see him trending and started tweeting asking “Why is David archuleta trending” Well archangels started responding in full force. It was great to witness. They are planning to trend David again tomorrow. Hopefully it happens again. Trending doesn’t win David anything but it does make the media world take notice and that’s a good thing.

I loved the meaning in that poem. Not everyone is or can be a mother, but everyone has/had one. The emotions are carried forever in the heart for safe keeping.

David is performing in Bel Air! Right now at someone’s house!

At a Mother’s Day event at this beautiful house in Bel Air! David Archuleta is performing now!

Foster Care in Los Angeles is the event.

sydneywiklund

krisily Krisily
    listening to @DavidArchie sing at the Foster Care is Los Angeles event wow what an amazing voice!! http://twitpic.com/4v8v8x

Love David in black!

Thanks to Videos en Utah (and Bebe)

48. Dakgal said

Awww abbra– Thank you–That poem is very special–had to pass that one on!

#39 Bebe–Oh my!! GAH!! That voice–low and sultry AND in Spanish!

Thanks Betsy — videos please?

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to one and all.

Mothers Day Pictures, Images and Photos

Love the poem Abrra.

Bebe, thanks for the awesome write-up on Steven J. Robinson. He sounds like a great guy with some mad percussion skilz and lots of enthusiasm! I am so looking forward to what comes from the collaboration of this new band with David. Those tweets! lotsmoresexyacousticnesstryingtoconvincehimtosingPrinceheknowswelovethenahnahnahandyeahyeahsthat’swhyhedoesit
    thebossKNOWSwhathe’sdoing!!!;kgr0u0peteogk;hkpoyyu[uj’ww’$%^*%!!$$^&* Trouble with a capital T is right!

And speaking of Trouble with a capital T…I had a hard time getting past the 8-10 second mark of that Happy Mother’s Day shout out in Espanol post #39. Kept hitting replay to try to see what. is. he. doing. with. his. mouth. and that LOOOK!! Is he doing that on purpose too? I think we’re gonna need to do as Steven says and “talk to the Lord” from here on out.

He’s performing right now? Please let there be video.

Krissily Kennedy – her bio
    (above person)
    Bachelor Pad,Miss RI USA 2003,host & Bachelor 7

53. emmegirl said

I wondered why he wasn’t spending Sunday in Utah.
    You are a gem David.

Angelica, you mean those 3 little ole meaningless seconds of I’m just gonna stand here with my thumbs in pockets and give ’em a couple seconds of ‘can you take this.’

Abrra, oh, you like D in black…THAT’S why you posted those pics. David’s PR people, second pic down, put this on a T-shirT (bebe, those capital T’s are for you!)

Does he look tanned??

Abrra, those 3 seconds. You know what has to be done.

Betsy, what a beautiful picture 🙂

The interviewer lol. David does it every time.

55. I said

Happy Mother’s Day you guys!!

New pic from Lupe’s show

credit AFS

57. Tawna21 said

Abrra, thank you for the poem—it creates warm feelings

Bebe–I love listening to David speak in Spanish (wish I understood the language).

Happy Mother’s Day (what’s left of it) to all of you! 🙂

I popped in on chat last night, but was sooo tired I just hung out for a little bit. Looked like there was some mega fun conversation going on (as usual). 😛

Tawna

SandyBeaches#40 Doing the write-ups are a pleasure. 🙂

David in a very thud-worthy black tee, looks like he has a tan. Emmegirl uh yeah I noticed too. Hanging down by the beach I guess.

Dja#54 Your screencaps are killing off the fanbase!

I#55 Happy Mother’s Day!

54:Dja, OMG! JAWS II…the sequel!

you never know what a Sunday will bring, but David sure keeps it interesting!

48:Dak,
    “Heavens–he’s here and he’s there all at once–stinker’s hard to keep track of! 8) We must get that man some summer clothes! Leave it to David to be doing something like this.”

lol, I knew he was Superman!♥ 8)

60. jackryan4DA said

And please ignore my previous post in #61. I looked at the YT upload you referred to, just to see what was wrong w/ it and I got that link posted in #61 instead. Yeah I can be silly – a lot of times, LOL

This is the real thing, my upload, in case you miss my email

61. jackryan4DA said

And don’t forget – HAPPY DAVID ARCHULETA DAY!

62. Gayle122890 said

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day!

Abrra, thank you for the poem. It’s beautiful.

Angelica #49: What IS he doing with his mouth??? It almost looks like a silent kiss. 😉

I was listening to Nothing Else Better to Do on YT earlier today and I could hear David doing that song live with Steve on percussion. Crossing fingers!

#60 JR
    Thanks for your uber skilz in converting that video to something more useable. I have not found the right method to capture some videos. I have mastered the MP3 capture with “a tube catcher” program. I was able to get all of Nashville sound with it.

Abrra the geeky nerd

Happy David Archuleta Day.
    (This never gets old)

64. awww Betsy,thanks for such a nice wake-up video this morning.
    Happy David Archuleta Day! and you are right, this never gets old.(And never will♥)

wonder what our man is doing today? 8)

66. Gayle122890 said

Sorry. Is it percussion or acoustics? Idk anymore. David in a black shirt is to blame.

67. MunkFOD said

Betsy #64 I can’t imagine how overwhelmed David must have felt. He had been in a bubble for several weeks not really knowing what was going on in the outside world. The reality of how his life was changing must have been overwhelming. And he has handled everything so well… Full of class and integrity through it all!

66. Gayle, “Idk anymore. David in a black shirt is to blame.” lol!
    you are right, NEBTD would be perfect with that.. I forgot already hole in the box thingy oooh, hope he does that song,I love it. Perfect for a summer appearance or anytime.

47. Abrra, nice pics. that look in the last two…!eeek! anyone checked in on the cameraman/person lately?
    David in black is Mr.Thudmeister

Happy David Archuleta Day!!!!

If you’re a tweeter put davidarchuletaday in all your tweets.

If you’re inclined to vote put in some votes for David!

70. Tawna21 said

dja #69– can we get David there? Let’s.Do.It!!! Just for fun and just because! 🙂

I’m not much of a tweeter, but #DavidArchuletaDay is a good thing so I came up with a couple 😉

MunkFOD #67 –> ‘I can’t imagine how overwhelmed David must have felt. He had been in a bubble for several weeks not really knowing what was going on in the outside world. The reality of how his life was changing must have been overwhelming. And he has handled everything so well… Full of class and integrity through it all!’ So true!♥♥

Tawna

Happy David Archuleta Day!

Three years have flown by!
    Betsy, thanks for that amazing video!

The Boss Man tweets:

Hello hello. So glad to have the friends that I have and what they help me realize! Friends are some of the best teachers you can have. about 1 hour ago via web

72. Annie318 said

Abrra ~ I’ve been forced to change my wallpaper repeatedly because each new picture of David is more gorgeous than the last! But I love it. Thank you for all you do at the Voice. All of the admins do so much. I want you all to know how much I appreciate it!

I also want to thank you for the beautiful poem. I shared it with my kids and friends too.
    Love the Voice!

I thought that poem was so lovely.
    I lost my beautiful Mom in ’99.Mothers Day has never been the same for me since.I so miss her.She would have adored David♥and been a big fan. Yesterday,I shared that poem with my sisters,and my brother, and they loved it, so thank you for bringing it to us♥

gee,I keep coming back to drool over David today.
    54.In interviews with women.. David is definitely swimming in shark infested waters.Oh David, if you only knew…or does he?

ASCAP is highlighting David’s interview, the wonderful things.

David Archuleta: The ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO Video Interview!
    by Etan R May 9. 2011 11:39 AM

It was sometimes hard to hear the soft-spoken David Archuleta over the bustling crowds at the “I Create Music” EXPO, but the 2008 American Idol runner-up had plenty of wonderful things to tell ASCAP’s Josh Briggs in this interview. David told us all about his current musical activities, his songwriting process and why he devotes so much time and effort to philanthropy.

Go leave comments here!

SB and SF it sounds like you both are in for a great event 🙂

Zammie255
    My friend who lives in Myrtle Beach said there are David flyers everywhere and it’s seems like Its gonna be a pretty big event!

Annie & Sky
    It’s so nice to have your feedback. I enjoy torturing you all with a certain handsome man’s images.;)

Mother’s day for me is always a time of reflection. I thought a poem would be just the right touch.

Gayle #68
    I think you meant acoustic. That is usually music with minimal instrumentation. When David did the radio M&G’s with Alfredo that was acoustic.

David Archuleta Day 2008

David Archuleta Day 2011

Did anyone else notice the Bubbly shirt?

78. Tawna21 said

Abrra #76…it doesn’t matter the year, or the age, David is a beautiful person. You can see the light in his soul with his wonderous smile. ♥♥

Tawna

79. emmegirl said

Couldn’t place the shirt, it was driving me a little crazy, thanks bebe, lol.

80. emmegirl said

#69 – David is slightly behind Lambert for the win in this totally lame Q102 poll…and I totally want him to wiiiin!! It only takes 3 mouse clicks. 🙂

81. gladys said

+ 77 +
    I noticed the detail of the shirt open. When I am president, I will ban the buttons around the world, especially in Utah.

82. jackryan4DA said

Happy David Archuleta Day! Be swept away by some major loving Utah showed its most beloved teen during the cra-zeh David Archuleta Day!

Do so through this collection of LIVE footage, RECAP videos/news, BTS & audio slideshows from Fox13 News, ABC4 News, Deseret, Herald Tribune, Salt Lake Tribune, 97.1 ZHT, 101.5 The Eagle, KBull and of course AI — all in HD/HQ format. Enjoy! 🙂

[http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5904F736626C1A2B]

Edit: Copy url without brackets before pasting.

83. jackryan4DA said

Lupe’s concert @ The Karamba Resto

Watch out for a super slim and very pretty CLAUDIA? And Abuelito looks nifty, too!

I’ve been clicking away Emmegirl! 🙂

Gladys, you got my vote!

76.Abrra. I am developing a great admiration for David’s neck with all these pics. 🙂

I’m voting!!!!!

Gladys, I’m voting for you!!!!

86. jackryan4DA said

#63 ABRRA

No prob. Am just a click away for anything, you know that 😉

To be honest, video capturing has become more difficult now cos of Silverlight & other masking softwares they use. It is a good thing I can still read html source codes – that helps get the vids. Now, if I try to teach you that, you might just begin to hate me, bahahahahahah

JR – co-geeky nerd

87. Dakgal said

I’m late—I’m late –for a very important date!!

HAPPY DAVID ARCHULETA DAY!!!!!

Been gone most of the day 😦

Emmegirl # 80 I’m clicking away too. 😉

Gladys #81 -I’ll vote for you–except our muffin can’t undo one top button til he discovers they have invented tank tops–his tan line stops at his Adams apple–not a farmers tan-sooo what do you call it?

Skydancer –I’m with ya on that–great admiration indeed 8)