David Archuleta ~ Invisible Children 25 Hours Of Silence Event

Posted by djafan on Monday, April 25, 2011

Invisible Children

How it Started

In the spring of 2003, three young filmmakers traveled to Africa in search of a story. What started out as a filmmaking adventure transformed into much more when these boys from Southern California discovered a tragedy that disgusted and inspired them, a tragedy where children are both the weapons and the victims.

After returning to the States, they created the documentary “Invisible Children: Rough Cut,” a film that exposes the tragic realities of northern Uganda’s night commuters and child soldiers.

The film was originally shown to friends and family, but has now been seen by millions of people. The overwhelming response has been, “How can I help?” To answer this question, the non-profit Invisible Children, Inc. was created, giving compassionate individuals an effective way to respond to the situation.

Read the rest of the story here

The boys filming in 2004

Before becoming a celebrity, David Archuleta was a supporter of Invisible Children. His involvement  introduced me to this cause. I remember the leather bracelet he wore on the Bonnie Hunt show, the Invisible Children t-shirt Dawn gave him that he wore on several occasions and his willingness to share with anyone who asked what they stood for.

‘Break the Silence’ Details from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.

Event Details:

After 25 years of war waged by Joseph Kony’s Lord’s Resistance Army, Invisible Children is getting loud… by shutting up. But after the silence ends at 8:00 PM on April 25th (in every time zone), it’s going to get even louder.

Break the Silence is happening in 18 cities across the U.S and will mark the end of the Invisible Children community’s 25 hours of silence for 25.

Break the Silence will unleash the voices of the thousands who are going silent and who have raised at least $25 to fund The Protection Plan – Invisible Children’s work to protect innocent civilians from LRA violence. (More information can be found by clicking here: Protection Plan.)

We’ll end this with two quick acronyms: RSVP ASAP. The cities will fill up, so now that you’ve raised your money and committed to 25 hours of silence, get your name on this list and we’ll see you at one of these cities.

Schedule of the night’s events:

April 25th, 2011

6:30PM – Doors open

7:30PM – 30 Minutes of Silence Begins

7:55PM – Break the Silence Video Begins

8:00PM – Silence is Broken

8-9PM – Celebration with new IC Media, Ugandan speaker, IC Roadies and musical performances

This message from Lauren Bailey (Invisible Children Team) via AFS

Come Monday—you name the price $$ for the event, all goes to ending a 25 year long war.

I just flew in to sunny Nashville, the birds are chirping and sky a’ clear blue. While taking in the scenery I hopped over to Allen Arena to check out the set-up for Monday’s Nashville 25: Break the Silence Event and got PUMPED.

This event is happening in 3 days, and it’s going to be amazing, I promise.

I want all of you to be able to come and experience Evelyn (our Ugandan speaker), performances from David Archuleta & Landon Pigg, as well as IC’s newest media…released yesterday.

But I know some of you are a little concerned about the raising $25 part. So, here’s the deal. Those of you who raised the $25—we love you. Thank you for your commitment, support and trust. You WILL be honored at this event.

However, I know a lot of you are college students with minimal incomes and maybe some with debt. We still want you to come be part of this monumental evening.

So, all of that is to say: You’re invited, don’t freak out about the $25. It’s suggested, but your attendance is more important.

YOU CAN STILL COME IF YOU HAVEN’T RAISED $25.

We will be taking donations at the door. If you haven’t RSVP’d then you can just drop your money in the donations bucket, and enter. You name the price ($5, $25, $100, you decide).

Just come, soak in the bliss of people coming together for a just an honorable cause—plus some sweet music and media.

However, do us a favor and stay silent. We’re breaking the silence at 8PM—please don’t be that kid who tries to do so beforehand. Thanks and can’t wait to see you there!

-Lauren + the Invisible Children Crew

David has been tweeting about his participation and support for Invisible Children.  There are 18 cities who will be hosting this event and the concerts to break the silence tonight at 8pm Central Time.  Three of those cities will be live streaming and one of those is Nashville where David is scheduled to perform.

This from PRNewswire:

David Archuleta “Breaks the Silence” with Invisible Children in Nashville, TN

100,000 young people have pledged 25 hours of silence to conclude Invisible Children’s national ’25’ campaign; the organization is hosting events in 18 cities across the country where partnering musical artists will “break the silence”

SAN DIEGO, April 22, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Invisible Children is excited to announce David Archuleta as the most recently added headliner for their event: Break the Silence, which is the end of their campaign ’25’ that launched earlier this year. The former American Idol contestant, one of the youngest ever, will take the stage at Lipscomb University’s Allen arena in Nashville, TN, on Monday, April 25th, to raise awareness and funds to end Africa’s longest running war.

PRNewswire

Click on the link below to watch David Archuleta in Nashville

Watch Invisible Children Livestream Here

112 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ Invisible Children 25 Hours Of Silence Event”

It’s so quiet here today. I guess we’re all just sitting here waiting and wondering what he’s going to do tonight. How many songs will he sing? WHAT songs will he sing? Will it be inspirational like the ones above? Or will he be singing TOSOD songs with a new twist?

I can’t wait to find out.

2. Tawna21 said

This charity is still one of my most special…the most dear to my heart. Why? I don’t know. I really don’t. I guess it just reminds me of how comfortable my family and I have it. How much we take for granted every day in our peaceful, liberated country. While I can’t participate in the 25 hours silence (work won’t let it be), I can donate, I can wear a bracelet again, and I can pray for these children and the campaign to free them. Thank you, again, to David for making people like me aware of these special children, and children in unkind situations around the world (RSO & bullying).

Thank you djafan for this information. I hope the link above will let me view the happenings tonight. 🙂

Tawna

3. heidijoy said

Thanks for the info djfan. The guys that started making us aware of these children and David are special. This charity is special indeed. Priveleged to donate and eagerly anticipating David singing and hearing the new band.

Good Morning!

Tawna,

After watching and reading so much information on Invisible Children I could see why this touch David at such a young age. The thought of being taken away from your family for any reason is devasting, that these mercenaries do it for killing is incomprehensible. If anyone goes to the IC link they will find an extensive amount of videos and articles about this cause.

MT, Does typing equate to talking? lol I know I’m exhausted from yesterday’s celebration and having to come to work is tough.

What will he sing? Brian (guitarist) and Stephen (drummer) both have tweeted that they will be in Nashville with David today so this will be the first performance with band, an acoustic set they say and with David headlining I’m hoping for at least 8 songs 🙂

He tweets!!!

DavidArchie

Performing an acoustic set in Nashville tonight for @Invisible’s Break the Silence! At the Allen Arena at 8 PM http://bit.ly/fG1tlS

Drummer tweets!

StevenJRob

Yo family! Wish I can reply to everyone right now, but we’re super busy here in Nashville! Rehearsing now for tonights show!
    15 minutes ago

@StevenJRob: Ill tweet everyone asap! Didnt know the show was streaming live tonight-tune in! 🙂

Karen is there!

zerogravity1

Will get Twitvid’s up as soon as I can tonight! Hopin’ for good ones!

Dja,
    Great job preparing us ready for tonight’s event!

MT,
    I’m so hoping David sings something from TOSOD. I’m suffering from withdrawal symptoms from never seeing those songs performed live.

Twitter is buzzing with fans speculating over which songs David will sing. I’ve been compiling a list…

Bless The Broken Road
    Maybe I’m Amazed
    Somebody Out There
    Nothing Else Better to Do
    Prayer of the Children

Paula on her way to Nashville!!!

http://twitvid.com/JSZCV – Testing video… This is new for me…getting ready. 23 minutes ago via TwitVid iPhone

@LaurieFOD I’ll be thinking of you! 42 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to LaurieFOD

@LaurieFOD You are quite the speller! That’s a big word! about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to LaurieFOD

Just met a new Archie friend on the way to Nashville. Archies are the best! She’s following us to the arena! about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Thanks for all the info Dja.
    Can’t believe I will be working this evening.
    I hope I don’t step on my bottom lip tonight ’cause it’s gonna be dragging on the floor :((
    will come back here to read what I missed…*sigh*

awww these tweets

maebirdwing

doors at 630! 25 dollar donation I heard? best cause! ps david archuleta is playing!!

davidjesik

@DavidArchie I’ll be at the show tonight!! I’ve literally waited 3 years to come to your show; hopefully I can meet you afterwards!!! 🙂 !

suttygal
    WOO HOOO! #IC25 They’re talking about you @DavidArchie and your support of IC on the live stream now! 🙂 )) So cool!

Live stream from Invisible Children is now live!!! Go watch if you can.

Soundcheck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

zerogravity1 karin
    D’s practicing TOSOD!!!! Gaaahhhh!!!

zerogravity1 karin
    Sound awesome!!!! Dooowwwwnnnn… Wooohhhooohhhh!!!

PaulaFOD PaulaFOD
    I hear him! TOSOD!

Gaaah!!! wooohoaooaoaoaoooooo!!!! TOSOD and ZG??!!! I thought this was gonna be a laid back acoustic ballad set. 😯

Bummer, Sky. 😥 There will be videos to look forward to when you get home though. 😆 I just know there will. 8)

Thanks for the awesome public service announcement Djafan. As one of his public, I’m stoked!

They’re showing David’s sound check on livestream!!!!!

I CAN’T SEE FROM WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just heard a bit of MKOP. Voice = Perfection.

Pictures are starting from twitter. I will add more to this post as I find them.

Rehearsal/soundcheck in Nashville
    credit bethanyhaley

Screen cap from Livestream feed

credit John_AF

“WE WERE TALKING TO ONE OF MY DADS FRIENDS ABOUT HIS STAGE EQUITMENT AND YHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN HIM AND HIS DAD WALKED OUT WIWJSNSK”
    credit Elizabeth Wood

17. Dakgal said

I’m on my favorite perch—the edge of my seat!!!!

Are they going to live stream David’s performance? If so what time? May have been posted -but I missed it. Missed the sound ck. Dang.

Angelica –where’d you hear he will do ZG?

At least this has gotten my head out of the NA vortex–I’ve been drawn to it like a moth to a flame– I do believe I’ve heard the NA more times in the past few days than I have before– in my entire life. 🙂

Dak
    The link for the Livestream is in the article above the POTC video.

They said they will show some Invisible Children videos and talk about the program. David may not be on right away.

The sound check was just a quick thing where they changed the feed to the venue for a min or so. I am not sure if they showed a whole song.

Back later tonight!

19. Annie 318 said

David & the cute, lucky girl look nice together. I’ll bet she agrees!

in live stream chat 7 more minutes!

4 more minutes!!!!

A short twitvid of the opening program.

credit PaulaFOD

credit John_AF

@JOHN_AF David briefly came on stage w/IC peeps to help celebrate the end of the silence. He is gone now. Watching an IC vid now #IC25

David blew me away tonight! Oh man! Really good choice of songs! TOSOD, Crush, My Hands, a Daniel Bedingfield cover, Prayer of the Children and a Sounds of Silence duet. He has a natural sense of harmony and his voice blended so well with Landon Pigg’s. Need some time to digest.

I was able to record the audio from Livestream. I put up an MP3 of David’s whole set.

Enjoy!

26. palmtreephan said

Abrra, you are THE WOMAN!! Thank you!!

27. Tawna21 said

wowzers! David was amazing and so unplugged! Prayer of the Children ~ tears and tugs at the heart. Nobody puts the feeling into that song like David does–not even Kurt Bestor, and he does a dang good job with the song. I’ve decided that I want to hear David do ‘The Sounds of Silence’ some more. And what was that new song he did? Gah! Amazing! Can’t wait for some videos, and there ought to be some good ones–the livestream was really good from Nashville.

Tawna

PaulaFOD twitvids!

“Gotta Get Through This” partial

David onstage

POTC

29. Tawna21 said

Abrra!! Thank you!!! ♥♥♥

30. Silverfox said

I do believe we have just seen a glimpse of the NEW VOICE emanating from the NEW DAVID.

What a great acoustic performance! Worth staying up for instead of waiting to see videos tomorrow.

Can hardly wait to see a David do a full set with the whole band in Myrtle Beach!

SF!

Great voice, deep, rich, velvety tone, just beautiful.

David is a perfect duet partner.

Has everyone gone to bed or perhaps still engulfed in his songs? I loved “The Sounds of Silence”.

My guess is that people are working on pics. and mp3s…

Abrra, you are awesome!! We receive without even asking!! Thank you Thank you

SF, yes, “we have just seen a glimpse”. I am so excited over this new David. He is taking us to new places. I felt like I had a peek into heaven. Can’t wait for the next episode in the life of David.

The performance tonight brought new extremes to the highs and lows. He made me laugh, made me cry. And loved every minute.

And the strut!! Ultimate swagger!!

34. Dakgal said

Thank You–Thank You Abs– Happy to see a lot of you in the chat–although I had to go to full screen –was getting a little ticked off.

Anyone want to go to chat and spazzzzz?

Hi SB,

We’re here!

Please join us in Chat!

Dja…great pic.

Give us your take on the new David with his new band.

He actually has his band! SF…start packing!

You are a genius!!! Thank you for getting that mp3 made so fast!

Wasn’t he incredibly superb? That “Gotta Get Through This!” That was such a good fit for him and the duet was too beautiful for words. He’s getting even better.

oooh, le cafe unplugged here I come. I need therapy.

39. Fiona said

Abrra, ty so much! 🙂

40. bluesky said

So.. In the new arrangement of “My Hands” the guitar seems to mimic a heartbeat. A nice touch.

(rub it in, DA.)

(thanks. that feels better. (*_*) )

41. Suzy-Q said

Watching David and his acoustic band on Livestream tonight was incredible. When they performed “Gotta Get Through This” it was like listening to a jam session. I could tell that David was loving every second of it. I really hope that this is the new direction that David is going in his career. I am so blown away. Also, excited for the future.

Now I have to figure out a way to go to Myrtle Beach. It’s going to be awesome!!!!!

Video of entire performance.

David Archuleta at Invisible Children Event

credit thop1984!

oooh just missed you guys, everyone was just leaving chat and saying goodnite when I headed over there.
    Abrra, thank you for the mp3, I am going to listen now:) Sounds like we will get a few videos tomorrow.
    Work sure is getting in the way of my David time lately- too bad we can’t make a living
    being a fan.(Now that would be fun..lots of overtime? no problem!work late?, sure Boss.travel, you bet! haha )
    Please excuse me now, its time for some ear candy..

Bluesky, that’s what I heard different.

In the new arrangement of “My Hands” the guitar seems to mimic a heartbeat.

45. bluesky said

I am kinda in love with his guitar player. That is all.

NEVERMIND!! Just saw Dja’s video by thop posted!! eeeeek! going there!

47. bluesky said

44 Djafan, he does it again with Crush. “Good-night nurse!!!” *sigh*

I think these guys are gonna have too much fun.
    Otta be a limit.

Oh, his name is Brian. Thanks Brian! Are you just making this up or are you listening to all of us and can’t help yourself? Ask me if I care.

(love you guys)

Awwww sky! We just missed you!

That is a great video, so many goodies!

48.^^^^^^^^^Dja,are you trying to KEEEEEEEEEEEEEL ME!??^%$@%$#%&*&&!!!!! eeeeeaaaaakkkk!

I’m a little late to the party. But, it’s not my fault. Blame David. I kinda got lost in the “Gotta Get Through This” vid. lol Great job, David. He certainly looked like he was having a ball tonight.

43. Sky: “too bad we can’t make a living being a fan.(Now that would be fun..lots of overtime? no problem!work late?, sure Boss.travel, you bet! haha”

^^ haha If that job ever comes with a paycheck, sign me up!!

David sang this tonight 🙂

“Gotta Get Thru This” by Daniel Bedingfield

If only I could get through this
    I get through this

I gotta get through this
    I gotta get through this
    I gotta make it, gonna make, gonna make it through
    I’m gotta get through this
    I gotta get through this

If only I could get through this
    If only I could get through this
    God, God gotta help me get through this

I gotta get through this
    I gotta get through this
    I gotta make it, gonna make, gonna make it through
    Said I’m gonna get through this
    I gotta get through this

If only I could get through this
    God, God gotta help me get through this

If only I could get through this
    God, God gotta help me get through this

If only I could get through this
    God, God gotta help me get through this

If only I could get through this…

David tweets!

Had a great time tonight at the Nashville location for @Invisible Break the Silence! Thanks all who came! Good performing with @LandonPigg 33 minutes ago via web

@PaulaFOD

I told David that all the Archies had asked me all day to give him your love, that we were there to support him. He thanked you all!

credit @aisimchan

54. poof said

I have an issue. I can’t “get through this”,,,,, I have it on repeat……………….. and I have no intention of stopping………………… Where has this been all my life……………………………….?

55. Jan said

It is all so awesome! Love the drummer, especially in POTC. I need to go shower and I can’t quit watching this….I’d better go shower! lol

56. kaycee said

Oh, David…how we have missed you!! Wow, so much energy tonight and so much confidence! It was like David X 2! So excited about this new phase!

57. poof said

Well, I finally managed it. I turned of Gotta Get Thru This. Now I am sittin’ in my silent house with my sleeping cat beside me. Just sittin’ here trying to understand the phenomena that Is David. All I can think, is he “becomes” the music. It doesn’t matter what genre, what tempo, what occasion, he morphs into the music. And then he takes you with him, (and you feel it’s grace. :)) I have never experienced anything like it, and I know I am far from alone feeling this way.

It is way too late to be thinking about this stuff. Good night everyone.

58. IAnnie 318 said

Abrra! Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! Now I’ve gotta go to watch the youtube put up by thop1984.

59. kaycee said

Poof, you are not alone. I am overwhelmed tonight too, and so happy for David. It seems like every time he performs lately, he lets go a little more, and we see that there is so much we have yet to see.

The Sound of Silence…just amazing

60. jackryan4DA said

Am so schtooooooopid! I have HD video of David’s Break the Silence — THE FULL SET.

Darn-gosh-me! I uploaded it to my JRforDA11 channel. Out of excitement I forgot that that channel does not allow me to upload more than 15 min of video time. So after it finished this morning, it got rejected. Ay caramba!

Am re-uploading to my JRforDAI channel. But am sure other archies would have uploaded their videos by now. But I promise, it is good quality vid — all 33 minutes/553mb, of it!

burying my head in the sand for the delay,
    JR

61. Blueberry Ice said

Djafan; Interesting and informative post on Invisible Children … another worthy cause brought to light because of David’s involvement. If it weren’t for your updates, I wouldn’t have survived through the day since I couldn’t view the livestream performance so thank you for diligently doing that.

Abrra; #25 … You’re a lifesaver for capturing the entire audio so we can enjoy it again and again and again … it sounds so clear that it’s almost like I am right there live in the audience … what an incredible performance!

Skydancer1x; #43 … “too bad we can’t make a living being a fan” … I am ready for a career change. Where can I sign up?

Poof; #57 … “It doesn’t matter what genre, what tempo, what occasion, he morphs into the music”. Yes, there is nothing that he can’t sing and make it his own … just amazing!

Angelica; Extending my deepest sympathies on the passing of your father-in-law … may treasured memories ease the sadness of his loss.

I found some videos of individual songs. They have a bit better quality.

YouCanCallMeTina

davidfankimbee

I am glad to share the mp3 of Nashville. It was my first time recording directly from my computer screen. So happy it worked out!

Thank you Paula for your twitvids. Can’t wait for a recap article 😉

63. archiesfan4life said

angelbymyside posted this at FOD – a tweet from bliss:

@blisskasden
    @Davidarchie Tonight marked the beginning of the post-Jive era of your career. Not only were you unplugged tonight, you were unleashed

AND my thanks Abrra for that mp3!!!!!!!!

64. poof said

Oh Abbra, what have you done to me! THANKS!! 🙂

People on this site stay up late (the night owls) or are gone off to other places in the mornings usually, but there are people around if your excitement from last night is spilling over and you are nearby and want to connect…

Abrra, thanks for the goodies! I just can’t seem to stop listening to last nights performance.

That GGTT is just taking up ALL my time. lol Lovin it sooooo much. It’s addictive. If this is the “new” David, I’m all in.

And has anyone else noticed he’s throwing in a few new sounds? I’m feel like I’m noticing some tones I haven’t heard from him before. Veeery niiiicccee!

67. FG said

Angelica, my condolonces to your family.

Thanks to everyone for the vids, pics & mp3s. I don’t even know what to do or say anymore. I can’t stop watching Gotta Get Thru This and wondering exactly how to deal with what’s coming up. I’ve never been so undone by mister sassy’s groovitude. Good Lord.

68. stenocruiser said

Oh my, that song — and these words: “Just another day and then I’ll hold you tight” — and these: “When will I get the chance to say I love you” and these: “I look into your eyes” — and the emotion, mmmm. Oh David, we. need. love. songs !!! sung the way we know only you can sing them. Please?

69. Tawna21 said

Angelica, I missed the post somewhere concerning your father-in-law. My deepest sympathies to your family. God bless you with beautiful memories.

Tawna

70. PaulaFOD said

Angelica…thinking of you and your family! God bless!

Abrra….thank you for the MP3…thank you, thank you, thank you!

Recap to come….got home between 12:30 and 1:00 AM after the event…at work today…will have recap and some pics to share as soon as I can gather my wits and thoughts and have time to put them together in some kind of cohesive form!! David was incredible!!! Amazing, strong performances…voice better than ever!

Good Morning All!

What a night! Myrtle Beach is going to be something else if last night was any of indication of things to come.

Steno, “Oh David, we. need. love. songs !!! sung the way we know only you can sing them. Please?”

D.E.F.I.N.I.T.E.L.Y

Archiesfan4life, David Unleashed, I like the sound of that 🙂

SB, “David it was fantastic to hear you sing again especially with your new band members. Every song from times gone by are new all over again.”

Yes, Even Crush which he’s been singing forever sounded crazy good and fresh.

MT, new, deeper, richer, velvety, tones…ayayayay ♥

JR “ps: Sassy, soulful, adorably ramblin’ David — love him to bits! I couldn’t be any prouder to be an Archie/Arch Angel with his performance and his involvement in thsi event! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah”

I think those who are David closet fans, which I’ve never understood, will no longer be.

Blueberry Ice,

Thank you 🙂 I couldn’t watch the livestreaming either so I was living through twitter, the things we do.

Paula,

Thank you, you are feeding some starved fans 🙂

“Amazing, strong performances…voice better than ever!”

Ay Dios Mio!

IF ONLY I CAN GET THROUGH THIS!!!!!

74. crownjewel said

after last night’s performances, particularly POTC, GGTT/MIAB, i am hoping, PRAYING for additional performances, hopefully in CA. i will be seeing David at Stadium of Fire in July…but it just seems SO FAR away! at this point, i will pay to see him sing anything, anywhere near me. he’s undone me once again. i’ve been gobsmacked by this funky, organically soulful David. i always knew he had it in him, but it now seems like the “perfect storm” has arrived…and it definitely has blown me away, lol. my initial response after watching the GGTT vid last night was..HIS VOICE. OMG, HIS VOICE. I WOULD SAY “LIKE BUTTER”, BUT IT’S BETTER THAN BUTTER. OMG! :DDD.

75. archiesfan4life said

Angelica – my deepest sympathy on the loss of your father-in-law. May precious memories comfort you.

76. heidijoy said

Thanks for all the updates DJFAN and the MP3’s Abrra. So looking forward to your recap PaulaFOD. Love love love the mashup,POTC etc etc. Thought MyHands was even more passionate than ever. The streaming was neat and the guys after were pretty impressed with David and even mentioned the fans.

Thanks gals for your up to date positive environment and JR.appreciate your dedication too!!No need to apologize.

77. bluesky said

#57 Poof

You are such a sweetheart.

78. bluesky said

PaulaFOD, I look forward to your recap. How wonderful for all of us that you could be there.

#42 Djafan: At the 22:40-22:45 mark in that video, wow, I just seriously love that. ♥ Sooooo beautiful.

80. archangel48 said

Angelica, I am sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My heartfelt condolences to you and your husband.
    Abrra, Your mp3 is lovely! Thank-you!

81. Suzy-Q said

I’ll admit it. After watching David’s Nashville performance over and over I have fallen in love with him and his voice all over again. There, I said it!!

Angelica, Losing a loved one is so hard. I hope you can find some peace and are comforted through your faith.

MT, Seriously ♥

You have to all watch these videos from last night…WOW. Enter into the David vortex at your own risk 🙂

Sounds of Silence credit hughestube1003

Gotta Get Through This credie hughestube1003

DavidArchie
    In Nashville for the day and had some meetings.
    37 minutes ago

Meetings??????

84. ram said

Djafan-See you’ve come across those hughes vids. Holy mackarel! Thanks for those as they are muy muy especial!(very very special)

85. ram said

Angelica-My condolences to you and your family. Wishing you and yours find peace in this difficult time.

MT, Meetings, I’m loving the sound of that and in Nashville to boot!

Ram, I’m sending out an SOS!!! hahaha We are in serious trouble 🙂

New pics from last night!

credit ArchieRX

And more!

89. Silverfox said

Thank you so much for the mp3 download of David’s entire set! What a gift it was to be able to listen & re-live in my mind what we all witnessed last night.

What started out to be nothing new when he began his set with TOSOD very quickly turned into everything new & wonderful. We are pretty much used to David changing up his songs but there was a new vibe last night. His POTC was his best yet I think because of the simplicity of it with just his beautiful vocals and the guitar. And may I add, his guitar player is nothing short of spectacular. He’s nice to look at too, but I really didn’t notice at first because I was so impressed with the music coming from his guitar. I mean it when I say he is bar none, the best guitar player David has ever had & he’s had quite a few. You can really HEAR how good he is when you listen to his accompaniment to David’s POTC with earbuds. I must apologize that I don’t know his name. So shame on me. But I just had to give him much deserved kudos.

And of course I can’t get enough of David’s cover of Gotta Get Through This! It was genius how he added MIAB at the end! Reminded me of his DLG when he would add “I know How to Save a Life” at a certain point but only when he felt like it cause he didn’t do it all the time. Steven, his percussionist (he’s not just a drummer) added a special flavor and something different to look forward to in the future.

If these two band members are any indication of the talent we can expect from the whole band, we have so much to look forward to! Hopefully David will be adding & announcing some additional appearances besides MB & SOF so we can make plans. I am very fortunate to be meeting up with my sister from Albuquerque & SandyBeaches in Myrtle Beach. Can’t make the SOF, but hope to see David more than once this year! OMG, definitely YES!

90. poof said

oh my, oh my. Listen to that last “message in a bottle”,,, oo oo oo

(I think I might be getting a bit of an inkling where my beloved son gets some of his perhaps a bit, obsessive?? tendencies..:) )

Your heart is sweet too Bluesky! That’s how my beloved husband says it.

82.Dja, those new videos are fabulous.Best yet! So thankful to the fans for capturing these priceless wonderful videos and mp3’s♥♥ Whatever would we do without you!?

I am so full blown ODD, over the top, crazy in love, with David’s Gotta Get Through This performance it isn’t even funny. I can’t stop watching it.I can’t even comprehend anymore…what we are in for, but I know I want more of the part of his gut that this comes from. I am developing an insatiable appetite for what we have yet to hear. The appetizer was incredibly delicious, I want a full meal! How can a voice,THE voice, become such a necessary integral part of your well being?

Yes, Sky! Full blown ODD, that’s what we’re experiencing!

Silverfox,
    I also thought this POTC was his best yet, too! You can hear all the songs on Abrra’s mp3 so clearly without having to watch the video. The visual battles with the audio and there’s just too much to take in at once. The audio alone = awesome.

I enjoyed David’s duet of “Sounds of Silence” with Landon Pigg. Landon sang the beautiful melody while David sang the harmony. It’s easy enough to sing the melody of any song but it takes a seasoned professional singer to be able to pull off singing harmony on a song that was obviously unrehearsed. More kudos to David!

David tweets:

Stoked for @TheCivilWars who will be touring with Adele for a bit!! Congrats to them! http://bit.ly/ffZx3A 49 minutes ago

Bebe, those pics! Gah!
    Silverfox,I totally agree,about the band. David sure can pick em! These guys are amazing.

I am considering an ambulance to take me to and from my next David concert.

95. jackryan4DA said

For whatever it’s worth, here is my video of the FULL-SET, including his entrance – good vid & audio quality

I also prepared the song-by-song footage from the same full set vid (w/ download links of audio & video), in case people would like to go straight to his songs songs PLUS I included Landon’s last song — “Falling In Love in a Coffee Shop — [http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=5D105F63AE2FB402]

Enjoy!

96. Silverfox said

JR,

For whatever it’s worth?? GOLD, my dear. Pure GOLD! Muchas gracias!

Landon’s song is really beautiful. I knew it was featured in a movie but I couldn’t think which one. Then someone tweeted that it was in Shrek. Wonder if David likes Shrek? Anyway, it’s a great song and Landon has beautiful voice. But my music loving heart belongs to David, The Voice. Who BTW, is watching The Voice on TV. 🙂

JR, Great video! Thank you!

Take a look at David’s Official Site. It’s coming along.
    To quote djafan, “Ay Dios Mio” re the pic!

98. jackryan4DA said

See, my suspicion is wight. He has murder in the works!

d.a.id.

99. jackryan4DA said

and that should be Right, not Wight, LOL

97. THUD! those eyes eeeek!
    Bebe, you have got me changing my desktop bk.gr.every time I pop back in here.haha

JR thank you for the video! and yes……we are d.a.i.d.

101. Dakgal said

Bebe #97….H.O.L.Y. C.R.A.P.O.L.A.!!!!!! 😯

And that’s not the first thing that came to my mind–but it’s related.

If this posts twice –I swear its not my fault–it ate the first one.

102. emmegirl said

Angelica, want to give my deepest condolences on your loss.

Just got home, started watching vids. That POTC is heartbreakingly beautiful, his absolute best ever! Great Crush! Love the Sounds of Silence, the song and the duet! They sounded great together, but who doesn’t he sound great with. And his tone in that harmony, OMG! I can’t get it out of my head…except for Gotta Get Through This, gah!!!…are you kidding me! I knew he was taking it up a notch, but I was not prepared for THIS! Good night Mary! Can’t quit. and when I try to go to sleep it will be on replay in my head. And that ending, genius!

Suzy Q, I love that vibe! You have got to get to Myrtle Beach. I hope he sings it there. He will blow them away!

Dja, thanks for those lyrics! I really can’t get enough of that performance. “I gotta take my mind off yoooou, give me just a second and I’ll be alright..”
    and that growl at “I pretend that your already mine.”

Poof, 54,57 …scootch over! Is there room for more in that boat! Have you watched 82?

Skydancer, “The appetizer was incredibly delicious, I want a full meal!”, lol! There goes my diet!

MT, “and has anyone else noticed he’s throwing in a few new sounds? I’m feel like I’m noticing some tones I haven’t heard from him before”…yeah, and he’s just gettin’ warmed up!

The band members, brilliant.

bebe, that pic, oh me oh my.

JR, we so understand 😉

..sending out an SOS.

Sky, Haha I’ve been changing desktop pics faster than I can say my own name! I had the pic in #53 on my desktop since last night. Changed it twice since then. Now it’s #97. 😀

104. davidstopsmyaging said

Geeeeeeez….that picture #97. I had to scroll down quick before my kids saw it—they already think I’m losing it, but if they saw me staring at THAT…..well, all would be lost:)

Thanks so much for all the fun today everyone. I actually got to watch the live feed—the very first time I’ve done that. It was so awesome, and I went back and watched all the videos you all have posted today, and, like everyone else here, will probably do it again tomorrow. He’s just so addicting.

Angelica, I, too, am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Bebe, he looks so good and happy in those pictures and really love the one announcing his new website.

SF, the sound of this guitarist and percussionist is very good. A great fit to David’s voice and style. So glad you all are getting to go to MB, it’s promising to be an epic show.

Ram, “Working up to some island vibes in spanish. a little bachata here, alittle bachata there. oh yes. 🙂 ”

O si!!!

JR, thank you, always appreciate your vids don’t ever stop 🙂

Dak,

Bebe #97….H.O.L.Y. C.R.A.P.O.L.A.!!!!!! 😯
    And that’s not the first thing that came to my mind–but it’s related.

If this posts twice –I swear its not my fault–it ate the first one.

I just had to repeat your post, everything you say makes me smile.

Sky, I’m making a collage of all cause I can’t pick one!

Emmegirl, I think the young man that was not singing love songs is gone and I for one am glad because he sings love songs like no other. The lyrics to GGTT are intense.

My tweet below.

And he retweeted it and is now following David on twitter 🙂

@DanielBedingfld Have u seen this cover of Gotta Get Through This http://youtu.be/jajpmGEUCKo by @davidarchie ? about 4 hours ago via web in reply to DanielBedingfld Retweeted by DanielBedingfld

New beautiful POTC.

Third paragraph down. David is one of 100 people being honored for his strides in the fight against cancer. 🙂

Now I have to scroll up and read everything from today.
    The above just came in on a google alert.

107. sky#94 – “I loved how they quietly played to Davids soft lyrics, sort of one with his voice, that was awesome.” Exactly what I was feeling/hearing. Truly amazing performances – blew me away. And this through the computer screen? Hmmmmm……

silverfox#89 – Was the musician who accompanied David when he sang Contigo a guitarist? This guitarist reminded me of him. Accompanied and let the music speak for his talent. “You can really HEAR how good he is when you listen to his accompaniment to David’s POTC with earbuds.” Oh yaaaahhh……………………

108. poof said

What Emmegirl?? #82? Have I watched that one?? Well, let me think, hmmm,,, perhaps, I believe I have! 🙂 🙂 🙂

109. Bebe – thoroughly enjoy all of your ‘meet the band series’. This site is like a team of doctors, working together to provide all of David’s ODD fans with the necessities to live a long & happy (very fulfilled) life. Angelica is the ultimate creator of artistic fan memorabilia & this site. Thanks to Abrra for the mp3 – it sustains me in this drought. Thanks to Bebe for pic @ #97, also my current screensaver. Thanks to Djafan, JR, Bebe & all who share videos. Sometimes I feel like I should be paying a fee (copay?).

110. Jan said

Angelica, just want to send my parayers your way. Sorry about your loss.
    I watched the new singing program “The Voice”. Thought it was really good. A whole different aspect in selecting a new singer. Makes AI so “passee”! AI hasn’t been so good the last 3 years without David. So glad I can come to fan sites and keep up with the good stuff on David! He has the best fans ever!!!!

111. Jan said

whoops–prayers–not parayers

#104 Davidstopsmyaging, He really is so addicting and is becoming quite a habit! 😉

#105 dja, So cool that Daniel Bedingfield saw the tweet! WTG! All the single videos posted are awesome! The sound quality is out of this world and I love hearing the ‘crowd participation’, as David calls it.

#106 Betsy Thanks for the link to the article announcing David as one of 100 people honored by the Mass. General Hospital Cancer Center’s annual “the one hundred” gala. will honor 100 people who have made strides in the fight against cancer. “American Idol” also-ran David Archuleta’s on the list,…”

Here’s another blurb about it. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rN1LaYzTQE4/Tbe5bsc7ceI/AAAAAAAADHQ/oaubVRo4uys/s1600/theonehundred.png

#109 Fandaforeveri48, Thank you on behalf of the other Admns. David inspires us and what we do here is truly a labor of love. ❤

Jan #110 I missed The Voice TV show tonight. Will it be on every Tuesday night?

Found this on Twitter tonight:
    David Beyond Borders featured an interview en espanol with Lupe, David's Mom. http://davidbeyondborders.com/dbb_blog/2011/04/26/new-video-featuring-lupe-mayorga-archuleta-from-videos-en-utah/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ahh I'm tired.