April 2011
    « Mar   May »
    18192021222324

jans11 on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Postcards In…

Ribbon in the Sky ~ The Soul Man Cometh

Posted by djafan on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Collage by Djafan

There is no cutting the ribbon that binds David to his soulful roots. It is not frayed. It is as strong as ever and if his cover of Stevie Wonder’s “Ribbon in the Sky,” is any indication, it is getting stronger every day. There is just something special about the joy he exudes when singing these songs: “My Girl,” “Stand By Me,” “Shop Around,” and that luscious, impromptu, from the nether regions of his bodacious musical gut “Works for Me” from Reno. All stand as testimonies to what must be true, at least in part. Submitted for your consideration, the uncontrollable finger snapping in each of the two videos posted. Watching these performances, I get the distinct impression that here, in this place, with these songs, this man is in his element and loving every minute of it. Follow your bliss, David. Just follow your bliss. It will not steer you wrong.

142 Responses to “Ribbon in the Sky ~ The Soul Man Cometh”

1. Marylee said

“Don’t let his smile lull you into a false sense of security. We got ourselves a serious situation on our hands” <— Angelica..that pretty much sums it up, right? Oh my goodness~if he only knew how good he really is. Counting the days/hours/minutes until I see him next month at the beach. I just hope my heart can hold up to the magnificence of The Archuleta & what The SoulMan from Utah has in store for us! Getting shaky just thinkin' about it! 🙂

2. loulou said

David !! You are just soooooooo Awesooooooome !

3. kaycee said

Angelica…perfect post!

Couldn’t agree more: “Watching these performances, I get the distinct impression that here, in this place, with these songs, this man is in his element and loving every minute of it. Follow your bliss, David. Just follow your bliss. It will not steer you wrong.”

If I had any doubts about his happiness with this “things never happen exactly how you think they will” phase…they are sooooo gone!

I see David has found a way to be comfortable while making a video blog. Instead of talking, he will be singing them. Never seen him so happy while working on a blog. Obviously enjoyed doing this one. As soon as the song was done, he was sooo ready to just wrap it up. This is great!! He’s happy, we’re happy. Works for all of us.

5. Amb4dja said

Just popping in~ love this post and couldn’t agree more with every single word. Perfect.

I often talk about that “hunkerdown note” in Shop Around that was the “seal the deal” for life for me…and it’s more than a cute way of saying he had me then. Not to over analyze, but something hit me straight to the core then. It’s when I felt him singing from his gut and instinctively it felt like “his musical core/truth.” And his tone was so dead-on and easy. Of course he went on to show he can sing ANYthing, but something in that song choice and his soulful licks identified him to me as a singer that night (which, even then, felt intentional on his part.)
    Of course, I feel that truth in other styles, the Christmas songs, Spanish and on and on….but the soul place has a certain vibe and feel that’s just (can’t find the words)…arresting? compelling? an easy fit?..with an addictive groove all it’s own. ..anyway Angelica says it all best!

and this: Follow your bliss, David. Just follow your bliss. It will not steer you wrong.
    ..and your bliss is our bliss too, David, cuz when you’re happy we’re happy. ❤

and on that happy note~have a great day, all~~

6. Lynnella said

Angelica, I couldn’t agree with you more. I remember when he was on Star Search and Arsinio Hall introduced him by saying, Soul is alive and well and living in Utah. He was a little soul man then and a little bigger one now. It’s just so effortless when he does those runs. I think, when he sang at Crabby Dick’s, his team mates were expecting him to sing like he played basketball. Were they ever surprised. No wonder the place erupted in cheers. You go David, follow your soul. I can’t wait to see what comes next.

7. Amb4dja said

Hm..just reread my post…want to make sure I don’t sound like I mean he’s just a soul singer (and I know that’s not what we all think)…David’s not limited to anything!…at his overall core he’s a singer’s singer and The Voice…but just analyzing his soulful roots and its easy fit above.
    k~cya~

8. Fiona said

Hi! Stuck in a RITS vortex!!! But I can’t Complain cause it’s a Good Place! 😉
    Wow, really beautiful, can’t wait to hear more from him!

9. crownjewel said

hola! 🙂 I read this site every single day and enjoy it immensely. I was a “snarky” kinda girl up until they closed…am still missing them terribly. 😦 I love the posts and comments here and have simply been floored beyond imagination (as have we all) over the past few days) with this “new” David that has emerged. SO FIERCE! I too believe that musically speaking, soul is who David is organically. it is not fabricated in any way, shape or form, it simply flows out as an extension of him. this post in particular grabbed me. Angelica, you nailed it in your description. awesome piece of work! i

Angelica, great article. This, ” I get the distinct impression that here, in this place, with these songs, this man is in his element and loving every minute of it. Follow your bliss, David. Just follow your bliss. It will not steer you wrong.”

I agree 100%. David seems to be in his element here. When he sings what comes so natural to him, that is what translates to people. It just “feels” right.

I also think that finger snapping rhythm will bring with it an attitude on stage that is going to make for some killer performances with the band. (see Shop Around for additional finger snapping lol )

11. Heidijoy said

“Follow your bliss” indeed. I love so many things about David singing this song for Duffy’s et al, discovering that it was on twitter and RTing it then deciding he wanted to give us a clearer version and being so soulful and confident in his element. This charity event was a total win and the fans that attended showing their love definitely let David know we are here. I’m so happy that Wendy from Angels for a Cause was able to share that over a thousand of his CD’s had been sent to 90 hospitals of the Children’s miracle network. Can you imagine how thrilled David was.
    Thanks Angelica and all for your words and celebration. Oh and the snapping fingers………..

Thanks guys!

Crownjewel,

Photobucket
    Photobucket

I miss Snarkys too. 😦

13. FG said

“We got ourselves a serious situation on our hands.” TRU DAT! I don’t think we even know what a freakin situation really is…it’s about to be redefined. FIRST OF ALLLLLLL – that he has the NERVE to RT the video, THENNNNN decide that the quality wasn’t quite up to archusnuff, and FINALLLYYYYY redo the song for 618,000 ppl. WHO IS THIS PERSON and what have you done with the introverted David Archuleta???? Forget everything you thought you knew. It’s a whole new game and guess who’s making the rules? MR. SASSSSSY himself! Oh David.

When I heard that sang that and that someone said they had video, I was hardly able to contain my excitement. I grew up listening to Stevie, my dad had everything ever recorded by him, and we listened to him all the time. I probably know every single song by him. And most of the words. When the JoBros sand with him at some awards show a few years back, I was on a murderous rampage! I was sick for three days over it. LOL! No one, and I mean no one, had better go anywhere near a Stevie song without the chops to do it proper justice.

From the second I heard David do Shop Around, I have wanted him to sing Ribbon in the Sky. He surpassed all of my expectations. The fact that someone asked him to sing it, and that he did it, makes me love the whole world. Then retweeting it and redoing it? I just can’t even tell you what this means. It’s like all the joy & happiness of my childhood colliding with my adult brain’s ability to fully appreciate love, life, and the beauty that is David Archuleta. David gives us so much, and it is so appreciated.

Oh and the nostril shots?????? That’s.just.enough.kind.sir.

14. Anna said

Thank You, David! Everything I love about your voice was highlighted in this rendering. I’ll always be the first to admit I intensely dislike it when a singer adds too much “flavor” to anything, BUT. you, IMHO, have never done that. I love every facet of your voice you’ve shown. I’m a bit of a unlikely fan, much more into Country then Pop/ R&B, but, it works for me.

15. crownjewel said

thank you for the beautiful welcome mat Angelica:)

FG, we met at MOTAB…I was in the group that went to Gateway Mall after the show on Sunday. Good times!

Good morning! If you didn’t catch the vlog of singing Ribbon in the Sky you can watch it here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlgGKAfTkr0

The DICKENS he says! He tweets about it yet again!

FG, I think you got him pegged pretty good! Mr. Saassy has got himself a whole new attitude. Alright then.

“FIRST OF ALLLLLLL – that he has the NERVE to RT the video, THENNNNN decide that the quality wasn’t quite up to archusnuff, and FINALLLYYYYY redo the song for 618,000 ppl. WHO IS THIS PERSON and what have you done with the introverted David Archuleta???? Forget everything you thought you knew. It’s a whole new game and guess who’s making the rules? MR. SASSSSSY himself! Oh David.”

Photobucket

To The Voice, Anna!

Welcome aboard to new posters, CrownJewel and Anna!

That David felt confident enough to finally sing to us in a vlog is huge! And he did a little self-promotion a la today’s re-tweet! When have we ever seen David promote himself? Like, oh never. He wears confidence well!

His vlog has over 9,000 hits and these accolades on Youtube:

#18 – Most Discussed (Today) – People & Blogs
    #142 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs
    #9 – Top Favorited (Today) – People & Blogs
    #15 – Top Rated (Today) – People & Blogs

and Mike Krompass tweeted David:

@mikekmusic@DavidArchie
    sounding good buddy! 16 minutes ago

My new mantra: “Follow your bliss, David. Just follow your bliss. It will not steer you wrong.” ~Angelica

Speedy David!

credit coronet51

18. cb said

I love this article and I love his vlog more than I can say. I can’t quit smiling when I watch it. What a voice!!!!

19. FG said

Hi Crownjewel – nice to ‘see’ u again!)

Angelica – LOL! ANNNND now retweeting his blog! LOLLLLZ LOOOOOOOOOVE him. 😉

20. kaycee said

FG…”Forget everything you thought you knew. It’s a whole new game and guess who’s making the rules? MR. SASSSSSY himself!” Can’t wait!…”sass” away David!

And Angelica…absolutely ditto to everything you said in your post! Loved, loved, loved it!

21. joymus said

Angelica – Standing “O” – clap clap clap!
    I especially love the – follow your bliss mantra, and like you said – we have a situation on our hands..LOL! I suspect that he has not been able to freely follow his musical bliss until recently.

Amb4dja – you have spoken my truth. That “around” note in Shop Around seared David’s imprint into my fan soul. That is David’s elemental musical core no doubt. I missed Imagine the night he sang so I have only seen that moment on YT but Shop Around? Just WoW!

Angelica, I do believe we have a situation on our hands. 🙂
    It’s only going to get worse, you know.

23. Dakgal said

OK folks time for me to come clean. All my life I have liked music because it either sung very well by the artist or it is a good song. I never stopped to think to put it in a specific category ( or genre).Either because I hadn’t had the musical education or didn’t care.

I know what I don’t like and that’s rap-scat-jazzy jazz- most country western ( especially the whinny nasally sounding kind). And I don’t like it when the extra junk (notes)♪♪♪ are added that aren’t needed .i.e–Star Spangled Banner.

So I really don’t know the diff between Soul-R&B-etc. Not saying I’m stupid,:roll: just ignorant. 😕 I can figure out the obvious ones like Rock& Roll, etc. So I figure I really need to have a long four hour conversation with someone that can educate me–and that would be David. Hee hee

When David sang on Star Search I must also confess, I didn’t like all the growls, but a little sexy one thrown in here and there is fine with me. I’ll have to remember to mention that when we speak.

Sometimes I just feel out of beat( no pun intended) 🙂 when it comes to being savvy about musical genres.

So far David is on a roll, hasn’t sang anything I didn’t like, wonder why that is?

24. Dakgal said

Oops–my 🙄 didn’t work!!

Angelica,great post!Great artwork, love that first picture.

The Soulman Cometh indeed!! this>>>>”Watching these performances, I get the distinct impression that here, in this place, with these songs, this man is in his element and loving every minute of it.”

I couldn’t agree more♥
    Just think about the songs he has done where he has given us “little moves” that make us scream!
    When he is in the ‘groove’ of a soulful song, those moves appear as subtle nuances that we can’t wait to see over and over again,in MGR videos!! (and we love and know well, every one of them David!) I am ready for some more soul food, served up by MR SASSY himself!

He went straight for our hearts with that vlog! to me,it felt like a private performance for each one of us, even though it was sent out to over half a million people to view it. He just overwhelmed me, doing that,I could not even comment on it here, and I have yet to recover.He is so good to us, it just made me cry that he is who he is.♥

Dja,thank you for those screencaps!! 63 faces of David, all different, all wonderful.
    love all the comments here from everyone.☺

26. Amb4dja said

Ain’t this just like the most feel-good happy post today?! David’s happy, (and FREEEEE TO BEEEE!!), so everyone’s happy. 🙂

I must have looked at his blog and rewound, not only the singing, but his giggles both at his bball playing and at the end of the song. Heck, Mr. Perfectionist was even laughin’ with himself over “flubbing” and let it go as is…it’s ALL good!

I only just looked at that “My Girl” video….had me LOL!…love the comments too. And talk about sassy…that was quite a different Archuhand…aaahhh’Iloveit.

Joymous- “That “around” note in Shop Around seared David’s imprint into my fan soul.”
    Yes. On that you are my kindred DA peep!
    Then…Imagine took me further…showed me his musical intelligence/self-awareness, to come back the next week and show a whole other side of himself…intentionally. It all came through loud and clear. From then on ’til today and forever, I was following wherever he was going to go musically.

So…recently I was listening to Jon Secada’s cd from the 80’s…my favorite track from that is “I’m Free” and I thought I’d love to hear David sing that …it’s in my head now reading all about David’s musical freedom here…
    that might be nice acapella, since the Secada version has (albeit beautiful) so much production and background vocals. What’s everyone else want to hear?

27. Amb4dja said

ps. I miss Snarkys too..whatever happened?..just shut down. Was a lot to keep up I’m sure…they were one site where it seemed they were there posting 24/7 every minute! But they sure were pithy, funny and fun.

28. Tawna21 said

Angelia, love, love your post! This is it..–> “I get the distinct impression that here, in this place, with these songs, this man is in his element and loving every minute of it. Follow your bliss, David. Just follow your bliss. It will not steer you wrong.” ..David, IMHO, knows where and what his element is, and I honestly think he has a pretty good idea of how to get there! 🙂

I’m hanging around for as long as it takes for him to get to who/what he is aiming to be. He’s got me seat-belted in for the ride–the ups and the downs. 😛

Tawna

29. Tawna21 said

I read this a little while ago, and it struck me as being very oriented to the way I think David feels. That’s why we respond to him in the way we do.

“There is something about the sound of music that attracts. I think it’s because it tugs at the heartstrings. There is a unity in beautiful harmony that I think reminds us of the harmony of heaven, from where we all came—our heavenly home.” —Clay Christiansen Clay Christiansen is one of the organists for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
    Read the article here– http://lds.org/church/news/organist-leads-a-life-of-music?lang=eng

All of David’s music is beautiful because it comes from his heart, which then tugs at our heartstrings and unites us to him ‘in beautiful harmony’.

Tawna

Hello and welcome to crownjewel and anna!

Angelica,

Beautifully said. David looks so relaxed and happy, I loved his acceptance of just having fun this weekend, his whole demeanor is saying everything is ok, actually better than ok 🙂

“Don’t let his smile lull you into a false sense of security. We got ourselves a serious situation on our hands.”

All past rules are gone, he now sings to us, tweets and retweets himself, I couldn’t believe he tweeted his vlog today again! I’m loving this ♥

David’s vlog is at 12,630 views, statistics below!

Honors for this video (7)
    #14 – Most Discussed (Today) – People & Blogs
    #100 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs
    #110 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs – Mexico
    #116 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs – Canada
    #7 – Top Favorited (Today) – People & Blogs
    #17 – Top Rated (Today) – People & Blogs
    #89 – Top Rated (This Week) – People & Blogs

David tweets!

Another night of rehearsing with the band 18 minutes ago via txt

@MarkNilanJr (keyboardist tweets)

Just starting rehearsal with #DavidArchuleta and the guys! Got to bring my bro/future rockstar too!

Updated statistics, South Korea and New Zealand, interesting.

Honors for this video (9)
    #14 – Most Discussed (Today) – People & Blogs
    #68 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs
    #102 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs – Mexico
    #195 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs – South Korea
    #91 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs – Canada
    #121 – Most Viewed (Today) – People & Blogs – New Zealand
    #8 – Top Favorited (Today) – People & Blogs
    #16 – Top Rated (Today) – People & Blogs
    #89 – Top Rated (This Week) – People & Blogs

33. FG#13 – “….I have wanted him to sing Ribbon in the Sky. He surpassed all of my expectations. The fact that someone asked him to sing it, and that he did it, makes me love the whole world. Then retweeting it and redoing it? I just can’t even tell you what this means. It’s like all the joy & happiness of my childhood colliding with my adult brain’s ability to fully appreciate love, life, and the beauty that is David Archuleta. David gives us so much, and it is so appreciated.” I love your story about you & your father’s love of Stevie Wonder. Though R&B was always my fav, was totally turned off to music when rap came on the scene. So I never heard RITS before (or a lot of the great covers David has done). Can relate to what you feel. It’s almost like he has a sense or connection to what we need to hear. It’s like he completes me (you).

34. FG said

This groovin, finger-snappin, sasssssy David makes me so dog-gone happy, I don’t even know what to do with allll this love. Can’t fit it all inside anymore. It bubbles over. A coworker asked me a few days ago about my sunny disposition. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in a bad mood. What’s your secret? Why are you always happy?” Hmmmmm. I told her I have a great husband, great kids, and David Archuleta. ‘Bout sums it up. 🙂

35. FG said

fandaforever – yes! I think he does complete us. Not that we knew we weren’t complete. I thank God everyday for David Archuleta. As crazy as that sounds to non-Archies. No that I care what they think LOL

Three years ago, on AI, it was top 7, Mariah week. In honor of that, here ya go.

He took his growl out for a spin.

36.Betsy, thanks for the video♥ heck,they should just run season 7 over again, in this years prime time spot..
    “He took his growl out for a spin.” LOL!

FG,aww, are you feeling all “Bubbly”? Me too♥! “♫what a feelinnnn’ ♫♫!!

38. Dakgal said

Angelica—- These!!!

“and that luscious, impromptu, from the nether regions of his bodacious musical gut” —

If I’m not mistaken, he was eating some walnuts or some kind of nut before he started singing “My Girl”. WELL, I’d sure like to know what they soaked those walnuts in, cause I’ve never seen him so loosey-goosey relaxed–I swear one more handful and he would have slithered right out of his chair! Another example of his luscious impromptu, happy silly belting was “Maybe I’m A Man” on Fox. These are the proverbial “carrots” he keeps dangling in front of my nose. So I keep following like a happy zombie, just hangin on until the next “see what I can do” happens.

This is some of what I long for the rest of the world to see and hear, and I can hardly wait for the day when that happens.

There is so much more to him than his recordings and he needs to get back on his stage and let it ooze out!

Angelica you are right,as long as we keep ourselves vigilant.— 😯 . Who are we trying to kid, no matter how prepared we think we are, he has a way of sneaking in the back door, tapping you on the shoulder and saying ” take this”. DOUBLE THUD 😮

39. Dakgal said

After thought Charlie here again 🙄

I’m like a kid with my hands and nose pressed to the window of a candy store–wishing–wishing.

38. Dak….ohhhh what you just said!!
    I mean this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> “Angelica you are right,as long as we keep ourselves vigilant.— 😯 . Who are we trying to kid, no matter how prepared we think we are, he has a way of sneaking in the back door, tapping you on the shoulder and saying ” take this”. DOUBLE THUD :o”

hahaha! Yikes! what’s next?! The man has most certainly upped his game on surprising us, and the confidence is flowing!

♥♫♫’get readaaaay , cause here I come!’♫♫♫

he knew, he always has….♥

DAKGAL,

“If I’m not mistaken, he was eating some walnuts or some kind of nut before he started singing “My Girl”. WELL, I’d sure like to know what they soaked those walnuts in, cause I’ve never seen him so loosey-goosey relaxed”

I’ll have what he’s having. 😆 Also this>> “he has a way of sneaking in the back door, tapping you on the shoulder and saying ‘take this’.” I don’t think you can ever be fully prepared for him. I told you what we have on our hands here is a serious situation. He does not play fair.

Lookee here what he just tweeted…
    Roundabout by Yes is playing on the radio. This day is off to a good start. 1 hour ago

He’s listening to Yes? From the 70’s? Is there any music he’s not familiar with? I used to love Yes. Check out the words to the song…like poetry. Mr. Sassy songwriter has good taste in lyrics and may I say he makes them taste good too! 😛

I’ll be the roundabout
    The words will make you out ‘n’ out
    I spend the day your way
    Call it morning driving thru the sound and in and out the valley

The music dance and sing
    They make the children really ring
    I spend the day your way
    Call it morning driving thru the sound and in and out the valley

In and around the lake
    Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there
    One mile over we’ll be there and we’ll see you
    Ten true summers we’ll be there and laughing too
    Twenty four before my love you’ll see I’ll be there with you

I will remember you
    Your silhouette will charge the view
    Of distance atmosphere
    Call it morning driving thru the sound and even in the valley

In and around the lake
    Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there
    One mile over we’ll be there and we’ll see you
    Ten true summers we’ll be there and laughing too
    Twenty four before my love you’ll see I’ll be there with you

Along the drifting cloud the eagle searching down on the land
    Catching the swirling wind the sailor sees the rim of the land
    The eagle’s dancing wings create as weather spins out of hand

Go closer hold the land feel partly no more than grains of sand
    We stand to lose all time a thousand answers by in our hand
    Next to your deeper fears we stand surrounded by a million years

Just because it’s one of my top 5 favorite things in life.
    Thank you David.

a milion thanks to youcancallmetina for capturing this.

also, a *million*

OK…so you think you are all so smart ( geez guess that’s cause you are 🙂 !! ) then tell us “how he complete’s us”? Seriously there should be a prize for the answer to that one!

It’s like the million dollar question… and I would like to know the answer to a greater extent.

Fandaforeverti48, I saw a perfect thought in your comments that I am going to quote in my article in progress. It is the simplest of articles but the most difficult to write.

FG…you made me laugh in your last comment and it hadn’t been a laughing day til then.

46. thanks for FOG, Betsy. On the theme of covers, heard Eva Cassidy’s cover of FOG on the radio, a little over a week ago while riding in the car, enjoying natures beauty. Immediately recognized the artist because of the influence her music has had on David. Also heard “I Could Not Ask For More” by Edwin McCain – another cover David introduced to me, that I had never heard (before David) but has been a favorite since. Shared it with my husband & he used it as a theme for a video he made to celebrate our 40th anniversary. David’s music completes me.

I’ve never heard of Yes or Roundabout…will need to listen

New performance date April 25th in Nashville!!!! Thank you FG for the leg work.

This was tweeted

jonesycc

@PMcDonaldAI10 busy april 25? b/c you & @TheGrandMags should be at lipscomb playing w/ landon pigg & david archuleta. i can make it happen about 14 hours ago via web

and then FG tweeted this

lovefrommich

I just called Invisible Children and the lady told me he is performing in Nashville on Apr 25. But he isn’t listed on the website…. 31 minutes ago via web Retweeted by you and juleelynnclegg

Here’s the link with the info…

at lipscomb playing w/ landon pigg

Scroll down to Nasville for the deets!

49. Dakgal said

Betsy #43–Thanks –That always just sends me–so it calls for this–bringing it over from Soul David

Thanks to hellogorjus

Hope this works if not– ABRRA

Dak,
    I ask you again, have you ever tried to do stand up comedy?!! LOL

Betsy,
    The videos you posted are awesome. “When You Believe” was three years ago? Weird how it seems more recent than that. If David performed that song this year he would surely blow those judges out of their seats!

Sky,
    He was so young when he sang “Don’t Tell Me” and his voice wasn’t even developed yet but he had that angelic sound back then. ❤

SB,
    I've been pondering that question for the longest time. Haven't found an answer yet.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall last night to see even a snippet of the band rehearsal.

Wait, what's this? Nashville on April 25th?
    Things are moving!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo excited for the southern fans!
    I remember David talking about Roundabout two years ago. He really likes it. 🙂
    He knows everything.
    It was either in a tweet or a song of the day in his blog.

So who is going to Nashville?????!!!!!

I tweeted

@jonesycc Will @davidarchie be added to the website for the 4/25 performance in Nashville??? 35 minutes ago via web in reply to jonesycc

She replied to several of us!

Rachael Jones jonesycc

@TheVoiceDA I’m sure he will be. We just found out yesterday, so it’s still pretty recent. Keep checking, but you should be there for sure! 8 minutes ago via web in reply to TheVoiceDA Retweeted by you

@janey79 but you should realize it just got announced yesterday, so not everything has been updated. but he’ll be there for sure. 7 minutes ago via web in reply to janey79
    jonesycc

@MunkFOD It means David and Landon will be playing at this benefit event: http://www2.invisiblechildren.com/25 you should come!

@lovefrommich definitely! we’d love for you to come! here’s the website, it should be updated soon: http://www2.invisiblechildren.com/25

53. SB#45 – my life, hence my thoughts are often like a frayed ribbon. To think I had “a perfect thought” is a compliment – thank you for that.

Lately, David’s influence has had a profound effect on my everyday life. Have no literal/philosophical background but feel David instinctively/genetically (does that even make sense?) does. Whether through his sharing of others lyrics in song or prose (not sure that is the correct word, either), he seems to have the answer/solution to my current predicaments. My heart/soul sends thanks to him.

54. ray said

hi all things looking good for our MAM,as david has said he is the instrument relaying a message from you know who ,i can atest to that

Ray,

“I can atest to that.”

I would love to hear your story someday 🙂

David David David, I need to work and he’s driving me crazy.lol All those faces in that collage are jumping out at me.

Another video of RITS from Crabby’s

Nashville event on Facebook has David listed!

From Facebook-”This gem of a guy is going to be performing at OUR Nashville 25:Break the Silence event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn0WqfK3NIc
    along with Landon Pigg (best known for his debut acting role in ‘Whip It’ and his song “Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop” get raising that $25 to RSVP quick: http://www2.invisiblechildren.com/25
    David Archuleta-Imagine full video

#53 – fandaforever48,
    I hear and understand you exactly. 🙂

First time watching #55 I was so focused on David that I didn’t notice the guy eating and his reactions to David singing, he was archutized 🙂

Here is the video including David for the Mayfest concert in Myrtle beach with David mentioned as the special guest performer…(with the help from our admins to post it).

Djafan, I am so glad you mentioned that! You could tell that guy was hungry, lol, but he kept swiveling around every minute to see David. Shaking his head. He was utterly gobsmacked. I love seeing that. 🙂
    So much. 🙂

Apologies for being so late to comment. I had emailed Angelica about how on point this article was and forgot to say it here too!

Writing for this site is a pleasure when one can sit along side all the other writers to explore all aspects of the career of one David Archuleta. I learned something from this particular piece, that much can be said in a concise direct manner and still get the point across so very well.

Angelica is a masterclass communicator where David is concerned. I think this is why she can get to the heart of his musical crafting.

#55
    The man with his back to David seems INCREDULOUS!!! His reactions are PRICELESS! Yes, sir, the BOY can sing!

That video screams for caption overlays 😉

#61 Abs,
    I like how you get your point across. Very, very much. 😉

I am still loving that video in #55.
    I had skipped watching it at first until dja informed us of it’s greatness.
    Lesson learned.

David’s appearance on April 25 at the Invisible Children’s Nashville ‘Break the Silence’ Event has been confirmed on facebook:

“To all of those who have been asking. Yes it’s confirmed, David Archuleta will be playing the Nashville event w/ Landon Pigg.”

Who’s going???

Heeey all you Southern peeps! David! In 6 DAYS!!

Also looked up Landon, and I know that I have heard that song of his in a movie or something like that. And liked it.
    Sounds like a big bowl of awesome. The whole thing. 🙂

David backstage during summer 2009 tour, rocking the Invisible Children shirt given to him by Dawn65 ( my road tripping pal)

David met up with Leslie Roy (who had opened for him on his solo tour in spring 2009) backstage in New Jersey

Girls group KSM pose with David. They opened for Demi in Summer 2009.

I wonder if he still has it?

Oh he still has it alright.

Oh, you mean the shirt? 😉

For your information, when you click on the link to David’s Official Site, you now get directed to his facebook page.

69. Dakgal said

Bebe #67—-Bwhahahahahahaha–now that cracked me up. 😛

Ask a silly question and you get a straight up answer. 8)

Dja—See there are many many people here who are hilarious, but thanks for thinking I am. I don’t think I’m funny–sure don’t try to be– I just write whatever pops into my pea brain. 🙂

I’m sure he still has the t-shirt, it was one of his favorites.

#68

Interesting. Just this week the iPhone app was updated. It has a “store” link showing the 3 versions of TOSOD. It brings up the web page with the banner of his Jive OS. It’s a great app. All his video blogs are on it 🙂 among many other nice things.

Dak…remember that real genuine funny is when you are not trying to be funny and that’s you and David. ♥

73. kaycee said

“Angelica is a masterclass communicator where David is concerned.” I wholeheartedly agree!

74. kaycee said

Just posted on David’s Facebook page:

SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR DAVID’S FANS:
    Exciting things on the horizon! First up, David’s website is being completely redesigned. What would YOU like to see on David’s new site? Let him know by posting here!

75. kaycee said

Sorry about the multiple posts here, but within 25 minutes of that Facebook post, there were already over 200 comments…and growing by the minute! Exciting time to be a fan! Now if I could just go to sleep!

No problem, Kaycee 😀 Thanks for the news!

And more news!

David will be singing The National Anthem at Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs at The Honda Center in Anaheim, CA on Friday, April 22 at 7PM.

Just woke up, need to go to bed but had to look before I turned off computer lol.

Hmmmm…Anaheim.

66.Abrra,
    love those pics! Is that your road pal Dawn65 in the top pic? So cute.The second one is really adorable with the girls.The shirt fits him well too.
    “I wonder if he still has it?”
    Can’t dangle a carrot like that one out there, and not expect a bite, right?We are a hungry group here! Bebe chomped right down on that one.hahahaha!

67.Bebe,LOL

69. DAK,you are not funny.You are insane.You are insanely funny. ok ,I hereby reserve the option of referring to you as both wonderfully insane, and funny!!

Let’s get warmed up for some shows.

80. PaulaFOD said

I’m going to Nashville Monday!!!! AAAAHHHHAHAHAHHAH! Vicky from Nashville is going…who else is going????

Sky#78,
    And what a delicious carrot!

Betsy,
    “Falling Stars” is a great song to warm up to, thank you!

PaulaFOD,
    Going to Nashville?!?! So happy for you…and Vicky! Have a blast and please let us know all about it. A recap would be wonderful!!

80. PaulaFOD YOU LUCKY DUCK!!!!! video pleaseeeeeeee, and lots of eye treats?! so happy for you, (and yes,jealous too dang it.)haha!

79. Betsy, that has to rank as #1 for best souncheck evahh!eeeek!

#78 Sky
    No it’s Leslie Roy. I edited #66 a bit to show who David was posing with backstage.

Sky
    From your Fav video from ABar

Paula and Vicki I’m so excited for yous! We want to hear all about it!

Invisible Children buzz!

sacbee.com PR Newswire

nvisible Children’s ’25’ Campaign Mobilizes 100,000 Young People to Stay Silent for 25 Hours; Featured on “The Oprah Winfrey Show”

By Invisible Children
    Published: Thursday, Apr. 21, 2011 – 7:53 am

At the end of the pledged 25 hours of silence, participants will gather in 18 cities across the United States for “Break the Silence” — a multimedia event featuring exclusive videos and musical performances by local and national artists who have volunteered to collaborate with Invisible Children. Headlining groups include Rogue Wave, Peter Pisano of Peter Wolf Crier, Faces on Film, Plain White T’s, and American Idol’s David Archuleta.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/04/21/3569770/invisible-childrens-25-campaign.html#ixzz1KB4wrmGy

New video from Idaho book signing!

credit christinebrandley

David tweets!

@DavidArchie

David Archuleta
    My 1st time singing the National Anthem tomorrow at a hockey game! 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Honda Center, Ducks vs. Predators.

87. ray said

ABRRA,you dont play fair,that pic at 83 is a no no lol love it the man of a thousand faceses

This will be exciting…

As David said in comment #86 by djafan, David is singing the national anthem tomorrow night. It is Good Friday, and it is the playoffs in the first round. This game is the only one being played in the playoffs tomorrow night where there are often more games going on at the same time across North America…

So, there will be {{{MILLIONS}}} watching the game in North America tomorrow night 11:00 PT…This will be the largest audience to see him sing the National Anthem to date and IF they had been playing one of our Canadian teams in the playoffs at this point, he would be singing our national anthem as well. Just imagine “O Canada” by David, well it could still happen as the playoffs go along because the singer sings both anthems.

I have it set to record as it is on TSN and everyone has that channel!! Yeah for David who sees yet another sport and it will be exciting. So you don’t just have to wait for a video every television will have it!!

Carrie Underwood will be there because her husband Mike Fisher is one of the players for the Nashville Predators who are playing the Anaheim Ducks.

Congratulations David, this will be exciting singing at such a high profile game.

David buzz on twitter!!!

HEADLINER!!!! Means more songs to sing!!!

LipscombSGA

David Archuleta will headline Invisible Children fundraiser in Allen Arena next Monday. Landon Pigg will also perform. ow.ly/1sBYWs

David is a mega-announcement!

Invisible

With all of yesterday’s Oprah excitement, you’d think we couldn’t handle more mega-announcements. Well, you’d be wrong…
    1 hour ago

It’s official: Mumford & Sons will be playing at “Break the Silence” in Austin, TX. Read more at the IC blog: http://bit.ly/f05Znr
    1 hour ago

AND: @DavidArchie (American Idol’s David Archuleta) is playing “Break the Silence” in Nashville! Sign up for #IC25: http://bit.ly/fG1tlS
    1 hour ago

Something sure is brewing!!! Tweet from David’s drummer!

StevenJRob

@TeddyCampbell What up man! Drumming for David Archuleta now, hopefully we’ll hit the late night show soon! Hope to see ou soon my dude!

90. emmegirl said

Angelica, late on commenting, but what an on-point terrific article, and this “There is no cutting the ribbon that binds David to his soulful roots.” It has a life of its own. He can’t contain it.

Big Yes fan a few years ago too :), looved Roundabout!

dja, thanks for that awesome new video of the restaurant RITS! Everyone has a reaction to him in some way. It may be from his eyes, his smile, his sweetness, his singing. No one gets away untouched.
    Evildence,videos #55, #85. I rest my case.
    Btw, how do you feel about hockey, lol!

FG, amen sister!

Sky, bebe, Don’t Tell Me is mind blowing. That voice and styling at that age! No doubting he was born to do this. I never can figure why there are so many comments on some of his younger videos about it’s not him singing, it sounds just like him.

fandaforeverti48, “My heart/soul sends thanks to him”…love this.

bebe 67, ROFL!!!

Beeetsy, Grand Rapids, yep, all warmed up. 😉

Concur, dakgal=hilarity. Angelica=archituition.

New website, yaaahooo! One request – please not a facebook or myspace clone. Something classy. Something reflective of his stand alone talent.

PaulaFOD, :). This means recaps!!

Teddy Campbell is the drummer on Jay Leno??!!

I did some searching around Google and came up with this site to stream the hockey game live tomorrow night. Not sure of a time. Keep checking in I guess :)No guarantee on this but reading the page it looks like the right game.

Are you sure 11pm PT? Its on my Comcast Ch 65 at 10 pm EDT.

92. River said

Idol did not announce an Alum guest for next week. I have a sterling suggestion, don’t you?

93. Dakgal said

SB—Perfectly logical question–so where does one stand while performing the NA at a hockey game?

Center ice? 😕

I have this mental picture of David’s feet slowly slipping further and further apart –unintentionally doing the splits–as the song progresses. 😯

As you can tell I never could ice skate or even stand on it—and have never watched a hockey game—I know they have carpet on the ice , right?

Abrra, no, no and as David would say, ‘my bad’ or better yet, ‘my stupid’!

It is definately on at 7 pm in Anaheim Cali., therefore it is 10 pm EDT.

This will be David’s biggest audience ever with several thousands there watching live and ‘millions’ more watching live on TV, especially on TSN. It will be watched coast to coast in Canada and in the US. To those of you who do not follow hockey then it is like your national league football playoff games or your national league baseball playoff games.

You see, in Canada it is the law, you must love hockey first and foremost starting quite young and our boys and now girls must realize it as our national sport playing it in the arenas, on the lakes, and in our driveways. It keeps us very close, haha. We also have pretty good imaginations.

Dearest Dak, they have carpet under their feet on the ice for the NA and then they roll it up…

River

I was in a chat room and someone said Crystal Bowersox will be on next week.

One more thing to mention about tomorrow night when David sings the NA, the people he is singing to are undoubtedly some of the same thousands of people who like to buy tickets to hear people sing in arenas and other venues. They may be excited for the game where it is the playoffs, so I hope that they listen to him.

This is wonderful high profile promotion for him at last.

Someone has created an event:

Also, Newsday.com has a new article up all about David Cook and his song tonight on Idol. But the picture to go along with it is priceless. ♥

Betsy, lol! They cut Cook’s head off! David is the main attraction of the feature photo! Priceless indeed. I like Cookie though. He did good.

SB, interesting info on the game tomorrow and its importance in world hockey. Good to know lots of folks will be watching. 🙂

To everyone who has commented on my little article, thanks.

(((Abrra))) < that's for #61 You said that in a concise, direct manner and got your point across very well. One of the nicest things ever. AND that picture is precious. Now about that pic in #83…those two guys sort of resemble each other but only a little. How does he DO that?

Won't be going to Nashville, dang it. Not enough notice but I'm so thrilled for Paula and Vicki and whoever else is going!

Djafan #89 LipscombSGA David Archuleta will headline Invisible Children fundraiser in Allen Arena next Monday. Landon Pigg will also perform.

Woot! That's not what they were saying yesterday on the site. So cool as someone would say. haha.

This is adorable.

Betsy his facebook is growing and growing!!! 1,606,532 and his event page is updated 🙂

tweets!

LE_Bailey

On a plane in t-minus 3 hours to Nashville…to do what you ask? Plan this guy: http://bit.ly/fG1tlS – excited to meet you @DavidArchie

17 minutes ago via web

She works for Invisible Children creating awareness for Eastern Africa’s child soldiers and the displaced communities there.

Wonder what David is shopping for tonight.

Teddy Byrnes

|Teddybearr

David Archuleta just came into my work!!! :)) Seriously one of the nicest guys ever! 🙂
    25 minutes ago via Echofon

83. Abrra, eeeek! thank you for posting that gorgeous picture.I made it my new desktop background right after I got up off the floor.ggaaaaaaak!

gosh, I hate to go to work these days! Seems like so much happens when I am away even just for a few hours!So excited for David’s calendar showing some more appearances! Things are moving!

90. Emmigirl,
    I think it sounds just like him too…go figure.I think I’d recognize that Voice if it was a video of him just cooing & babbling in his crib.

102.Dja, aww! (she and David look cute together, he has a nice relaxed smile:)) lucky girl!

105. poof said

Good morning,
    There is a poll on AOL this a.m. Who has the best AI voice ever? David is in it, (yippee) but presently last (What???????) Hey, I think you know what to do!!!!

Good Morning,
    105 Poof.heading over there now☺
    dropping off this little diddy with some finger snapping – on the fly-singing/composing, by the guy with (the best AI voice ever, of course) Remember Kayla, and Jenna? The man has the best giggle♥ and he’s looking mighty fine in this video.owwwwwww!

107. ascphil said

This is a wonderful article as usual by Angelica. Abrra is right that she is a masterful communicator when it comes to David. No doubt about that.

I also loved the video at #55. Couldn’t help but notice the guy sitting with his back to David. He had such animated reactions to his singing and was obviously blown away when he gave him a standing ovation, ha!

To Poof’s #105, please help vote for David. Carrie is way ahead in the lead, and David is in last position. Here’s the link: http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/04/21/american-idol-producers-considering-big-changes-yes-please/

skydancer, was watching that last night, David has mad skills. Giggle? Looks? The best 🙂

Poof, You have a link? Can’t find that AOL poll.

109. ascphil said

Djafan, please see my comment #107. The poll is at the end of the article. Here it is again: http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/04/21/american-idol-producers-considering-big-changes-yes-please/

Thank you Ascphil…morning eyes not working 🙂

111. ascphil said

No problem, Djafan. Thanks for tweeting about it, too! 🙂

112. poof said

To make it clear, I don’t know how to link, tweet, copy, fold or organize. What I can do is adore a certain young man, and that takes me where I want to be! 🙂 Go vote for the best voice,,, period.. Ascphil, thanks for giving us the link.

113. ascphil said

Poof, it was my pleasure to help you out. Anything for David and his Archies. 🙂 Funny thing is that it’s because of him that I learned how to surf, download, make folders (my DA files occupy 90% of my hard disk, lol!), tweet, and link (control c and control v are such powerful commands, hehe!). Otherwise, I’d still be such a stranger to my gifted laptop. The one thing I hesitate to do, because I hardly have the time but would like to learn, is how to make and upload a video. I just leave that in the capable hands of our talented Archies (especially the Admins here). It’s pretty enjoyable in lurkdom, ya know.

114. ascphil said

Sorry for spamming, but I’m such a sucker for polls especially if it’s about David. Please keep voting: http://t.co/aXLEG78 via @tvsquad. David is now in second place (yayy!) but still far behind by two dozen percentile points (to Carrie U.)

David was bright and early tweeting today. I wonder if he’ll put on some ice skates today, that would be great. Praying for videos.

My dvr is all set to go. Directtv channel 603.

Morning ALL!!

DavidArchie
    Gonna be performing for Invisible Children in Nashville on Monday! You can sign up to come for #IC25 (http://bit.ly/fG1tlS) @Invisible

116. Blueberry Ice said

Angelica; It has been quite addicting to watch this soulful side of David. His smile and joy is so contagious that you can’t help but feel the same too. More than anything, I just felt so proud to see David supporting a charity event benefiting children, how he stepped out of his comfort zone to play basketball even though he knew that it wasn’t his best sport, singing his heart out for Duffy’s crew and in the process touching those who listened through his love of music … it’s that ripple effect which Abrra wrote about … still steadily expanding and touching many lives.

Ascphil; #113 … Speaking of learning things because of David … I was just thinking about that. When I joined the David bandwagon, I never imagined how my life would be enriched and broadened by the wonderful extras that came with discovering his beautiful Voice. I am computer illiterate but trying to learn because of him. Who knew that cookies weren’t just for eating but that you needed to “clear cookies” so one can vote over & over again. Yes, there always seems to be something that you can learn from David and be inspired, as I discovered through his book, informational tweets, videos, interviews, etc. To top it off, discovering a cyber family of David aficionados has been the icing on the cake! Well, now I need to go scour the sport channels to record tonight’s National Anthem performance, then off to vote on those polls. ODD is full into overdrive and I’m enjoying every minute of it!

@davidarchie tweets!!!

Singing the National Anthem tonight for the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!! Ducks vs. Predators 10 minutes ago via txt

Blueberry Ice,

“ODD is full into overdrive and I’m enjoying every minute of it!”

So many things looming in the horizon. Reading all the band tweets, Sunny’s tweets, and David’s facebook updates, is David updating? Happy and giddy about it all.

Interesting, this from Mike on Facebook

Mike Krompass

Nashville bound! 🙂

Update from Invisible Children via fanscene.

Lauren Bailey
    Come Monday—you name the price $$ for the event, all goes to ending a 25 year long war.
    All-
    I just flew in to sunny Nashville, the birds are chirping and sky a’ clear blue. While taking in the scenery I hopped over to Allen Arena to check out the set-up for Monday’s Nashville 25: Break the Silence Event and got PUMPED.

This event is happening in 3 days, and it’s going to be amazing, I promise.

I want all of you to be able to come and experience Evelyn (our Ugandan speaker), performances from David Archuleta & Landon Pigg, as well as IC’s newest media…released yesterday.

But I know some of you are a little concerned about the raising $25 part. So, here’s the deal. Those of you who raised the $25—we love you. Thank you for your commitment, support and trust. You WILL be honored at this event.

However, I know a lot of you are college students with minimal incomes and maybe some with debt. We still want you to come be part of this monumental evening.

So, all of that is to say: You’re invited, don’t freak out about the $25. It’s suggested, but your attendance is more important.

YOU CAN STILL COME IF YOU HAVEN’T RAISED $25.

We will be taking donations at the door. If you haven’t RSVP’d then you can just drop your money in the donations bucket, and enter. You name the price ($5, $25, $100, you decide).

Just come, soak in the bliss of people coming together for a just an honorable cause—plus some sweet music and media.

However, do us a favor and stay silent. We’re breaking the silence at 8PM—please don’t be that kid who tries to do so beforehand. Thanks and can’t wait to see you there!

-Lauren + the Invisible Children Crew

janey comment: We’ve messaged Lauren and tweeted, asking if the event will be live streamed. She has responded saying, YES, it will be. At the moment, we don’t have a link nor do we know if it will be archived (prays!) for those of us not able to watch as it occurs.

Orchestra???

eriktreble

@DavidArchie I’m gonna be in the orchestra accompanying you!

118. dja, “Orchestra???”

hmmm. The NA with an orchestra at a hockey game? Wouldn’t that be a little unusual? Or is that for the IC performance? Or for something else? I’m confused.

Well, I hope the NA is going to be televised. I don’t know the first thing about hockey, but I can catch the game here and I’m going to be tuning in for David. Hope we get some nice fan vids too!

121. MunkFOD said

#118. dfa…. wouldn’t we just lose it if the orchestra was for a recording? *smiling*

Those of you who are watching TSN, if the present game is not over by the time that David’s game starts (10 EDT), then go on to your computers and click on to the link I have included and you will be able to watch him sing the national anthem…my fingers are crossed for that XX..

Scroll down to…

Game 5- Predators @ Ducks and go from there…

We have video!

credit anaheimducksvideo

Crying here…my goodness he sounded and looked beyond belief ♥

MT well no orchestra for that amazing rendition of the NA, actually it would have gotten in the way 🙂

hmmm munk, now that is an interesting thought.

Dja,

His voice is heavenly; it’s like no other in this universe! And looked muy guapo in the hockey uniform.

Last night when you clicked on David’s official site, you’d be re-directed to his facebook page. Today, you get this:

“Welcome to the future home of DavidArchuleta.com

We are currently building a new more FAN FRIENDLY site which will be ready soon! Check back often as we WILL be updating this site with upcoming events starting today!

2011 Upcoming Events
    ★ Apr 25 “Mon”: Nashville, TN Lipscomb’s Allen Arena 6:30pm. David Archuleta is confirmed for the “Break the Silence” event in Nashville, TN. This is going to be one incredible evening and you don’t want to miss out. “Break the Silence is RSVP only, so if you haven’t yet, go to invisiblechildren.com and start your fundraising page. Once you raise $25, they’ll send you your RSVP. It’s first come first serve, so get there early!

★ May 28 “Sat”: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina David performs at the Myrtle Beach Mayfest Downtown Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

★ Jul 02 “Sat”: Provo, Utah Stadium of Fire See David and Brad Paisley at The Stadium of Fire in Provo, Utah”

Try it: http://davidarchuleta.com/

128. Dakgal said

Doing a happy tickled dance here!! Yet another rendition of the NA and he knocked the puck out of the ballpark ( oops mixed up my sports). And the fans loved him!! I don’t think it made it on TV tho cause of the over time in the other game, at least I didn’t see it. 😥

Here’s the top of the page for the announcement of the new website. Exciting times to come for sure.

Dak! Dancing with you, I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve watched.

dja, ok, no orchestra tonight. lol But he did great! And looked great as usual. 🙂

Liking the pics they’re using for the new site, if that’s what’s going to be on there. And, the official site goes up again in 30 days… Wouldn’t that about put it 3 years from the end of S7 of Idol? The end of a 3 year contract maybe? Just a thought but, if that’s it, then maybe we’ll start really getting some news after that date. (tour? shows? *fingers crossed*)

Absolutely fabulous performance of the National Anthem tonight by The Voice. There’s just something about him in a uniform and the colors red, white and blue that is so right! Great response from the crowd tonight! :))

Loving the look of the new DavidArchuleta.com. That pic is so full of win. I bookmarked the site. Gonna be checking frequently for additional performance dates. Exciting time!

Orchestra? 😯

Loving the tweets from new fans who’ve witnessed David’s SSB for the first time!

TimValenzuela
    Nice job, David Archuleta! I don’t watch American Idol (I know, I’m lame), but I know a good singer when I see it (My dad is a musician).

lol MT.

The pics on the new site are like look at me I’m happy and going to be just fine.

One of the band me members tweeted that info would be coming out soon for fan convenience after someone said they needed to may plans. So it’s coming 🙂

135. ascphil said

David’s voice is sounding so much deeper and richer. He started the song with such a low note, I could hardly hear it. That was an absolutely great NA performance, and made me beam with so much pride. He just gets better and better.

And I love that picture used for the new OS! I don’t believe I’ve seen that before. He looks fabulously mature and gloriously confident. His eyes sparkle with a newfound freedom. Does anyone have a clearer, less processed image of it?

136. Tawna21 said

The National Anthem…Beautiful! David’s smile…Beautiful! The joy of being a fan of both…Priceless!

Tawna

David and a Duck…

Ascphil

If you type Matt Clayton David Archuleta into Google images you get oodles of nice pictures.

Sold out game!!!

AnaheimDucks

Tonight’s attendance @HondaCenter for Game 5 is 17,385 (many waving orange towels), a sellout including standing room only. #NHLDucks

the clock just struck midnight here as I am writing, so happy Saturday!
    why do I get chills every time David sings the National Anthem? His voice just filled that arena, it just sounded fabulous tonite, so powerful!
    Things are getting so exciting now, and the anticipation of what is to come from David just gives me butterflies in my stomach.
    (He looks so good in that jacket. good colors.) gah! he looks happy, and so handsome!!♥☺

141. bluesky said

Hi all you happy ducklings! Always glad to see you are all here and making the pond a very happy place. Kudos to the “trumpeter swan” in our midst: you always give me a good reason to look skyward, DA.

Love to all,
    bluesky

142. Sony A77 Camera…

[…]Ribbon in the Sky ~ The Soul Man Cometh « The Voice[…]…