September 2010
    « Aug   Oct »
    20212223242526

stewarts medical sch… on David Archuleta ~ Wait, Wait,…
    tawna21 on David Archuleta ~ Invincible L…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Invincible L…
    jans11 on David Archuleta ~ Invincible L…

Delta Fair

Posted by djafan on Sunday, September 12, 2010

Listen here for interview this morning!

Click on picture to go there

David will be performing at the Delta Fair this evening.   Tune in for any news!

Click on picture for details

David Archuleta

Genre: Pop

David James Archuleta (born December 28, 1990) is an American pop singer-songwriter, best selling author and occasional actor. At ten years old he won the children’s division of the Utah Talent Competition leading to other television singing appearances.  When he was twelve years old, Archuleta became the Junior Vocal Champion on Star Search   In 2007, at sixteen years old, he became one of the youngest contestants on the seventh season of American Idol. In May 2008 he finished as the runner-up, receiving 44 percent of over 97 million votes.

In August 2008 Archuleta released “Crush,” the first single from his self-titled debut album.  The album, released two months later, debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 chart; it has sold over 750,000 copies in the U.S. and over 900,000 Worldwide.

Line up and times subject to change

Show Time

– September 12: 7:45 PM

Our very own Angelica will be there!  We’ll be waiting patiently for any news about David.

138 Responses to “Delta Fair”

lfoirdkjdrmfmvlflgaaaah!!dklskwkgmmbdeXOX;fpkorpeodfpepw!!!!!!!!

Leaving now!!! Photobucket

Angelica
    Have a
    alssjndklsfnsdlftoiertoewrejgrkgmflsgshlksgh’ wonderful time!

3. Vlm said

Im so excited for you Angelica. If you get to talk to David, tell him he has a fan from far-away Cebu, Phlippines. Have a great time.

4. I said

Good Morning!

Angelica!!!!!

Exciting, fun… safe return…love you!

5. angelofdja said

Angelica, I wish you the best of times today! Travel carefully and enjoy David. I hope you actually get to talk to him. 🙂

Angelica…I guess you have listened to some of us travellers long enough and now it is your turn for a wonderful time! We must have become a drag with our constant excitement each time that we heard even the most distant sound of his voice (or caught a glimpse of him). Yes, the voice, it is a truly exciting time and I hope that everyone will have the chance to hear him sing live in the near or not too distant future!!!

There will be stories to tell I am certain.

On Sunday 12th September 2010, @mikekmusic said:

Thanks to the cool flight attendant dude for giving up his closet for my guitar 🙂 and @DavidArchie just gave me his first class seat, so very nice of him 🙂

What a sweetheart of a guy!

So happy for you Angelica. 🙂
    Every time we see him, we are never the same again. He adds another layer to us or something.
    It’s a strange but wonderful thing.

Have a song:)

Angelica! have a wonderful time!YEA!!

11. debra said

Have a GREAT time Angelica. Wish I was going 🙂 Hope you get close. He is so incredibly beautiful up close. Amazing!

Angelica and anyone else going, have an amazing time!!!!

Promo cards that @Amy_inVA made for @Shell_eeeyyy to hand out!!

Another interview!

13. emifriend said

#12 David’s cheeks look so stretchy there!

Oh Angelica… Have so much fun and love every minute of it! Hope you meet a lot of friendly fans too! And of course, we all hope you get to say hello to David and send all of our VOICELOVE his way!

David fans are there tweeting!

rhiminee Um have I mentioned lately that I’m crazy? Why am I here so early…oh yeah. Nvm. ;p 24 seconds ago reply

Bizemom43 Made it to memphis! Beautful day for the fair!

Shell_eeeyyy @mikekmusic your here!!!! We are in front of the stage waiting!!! Haha!!! 18 minutes ago reply

PaulaFOD Memphis. The land of Archuleta. And some guy named Elvis??? about 1 hour ago reply

Loved this one from yesterday!

credit NatalieInterviews

16. Wow! Love studio Elevator. Has that fun, quirky, dancy feeling like Soul Sister, to me. Just want to get up & dance. Hope it’s available on iTunes, NOW!

Been away from home for the past month & so much has happened. Cannot believe how much traveling he’s been doing – west coast, east coach, south, north.

Since it’s hard to keep perspective (so I’ve been told by my family) when it comes to David’s music, been trying hard to just enjoy his music with headphones & earphones. However, one of my sons was teasing me last week about Davids’ music sounding the same (Crush, ALTNOY) & so I played SBL for him. Well, he was quiet & listened to the whole song – something for him. Find out last night that he actually likes it. He’s not a fan but he liked it. Huge accomplishment here…..

Hi Fanda!

All the non David fans and non ODD fans I know also love SBL and Elevator.

Somethings up!

Shell_eeeyyy There about to do souncheck but no pictures!!:( 5 minutes ago reply

rhiminee profile

rhiminee About to do soundcheck but they asked for us not to take pics or vids. Sry guys! But I’ll tell ya about it 🙂 4 minutes ago repl

Shelly snuck one!!!!

David!! I snuck this

18. Sent a long email to djafan. Maybe she will post. Saw david and spoke to him. Just watched him do sound check from front row!!

The comment in #18 is from Angelica!

Here’s her email to us:

“Sitting here on the front row staking our claim on these seats. Some folks have been sitting here since noon for his show at 7:45! My eagle eye just spotted David walking from a van parked behind the stage!!! I told everyone there’s David and nobody moved! I don’t think they believed me. LOL I walked around the stage, gave him the card I got for him and got a hug!!!

He is on the stage now for sound check! Just waved to everyone! Blue t, black jeans, gorrrrrggeeoouss! He’s singing Crush!!! On keyboard! With Mike and sounds amazing!!”

Thank you bebe!!!

From Shell_eeeyyy via Twitter:

David left 😦
    (I guess soundcheck is finished.)

Tweets from rhiminee:

# Lol David Archuleta has some SRS security in Memphis. Bulletproof vests and all. Think they were from sheriff’s dept. 21 minutes ago via txt

So funny. He said ‘Oh wow! Alot of ppl came up while I was singing. Well thanks for coming to…soundcheck.’ lolol 28 minutes ago via mobile web

lots of ppl came up when david started singing for sndchk. He sang crush 1st. he didnt realize so many ppl came up til applause at end lol 33 minutes ago via mobile web

Holy crow. Idek. He will kill me before the night is over. Sndchk was amaaaazing. His voice is my favorite thing ever. Ever.

I just spoke to Angelica, just want to tell you she is excited! She will fill in the details!!!

Djafan OMGosh! Angelica’s voice when she called me…SO EXCITED! I think it was seconds or minutes after she met David! She gave him a card that had the results of our poll, with ZG in big letters!! haha She’s got a great spot right in front! Can’t wait for more details!

abrra, bebe put it up!

Talk about voice of excitement!!!

Can’t wait for more deets!!!

26. nanaweize said

I am so excited for Angelica, Biz and all the others at the fair!

27. River said

so according to Mike we now have a new keyboard player. that means no girls in the band. lots of changes going on. It’s hard for me because I get so attached to the ones we had (I still miss Alex) but I’m sure there is a plan in place and we all know WHO is in charge. As Ray used to say.. “the kid is in charge”.

28. dakgal said

Here I am perched in my designated spot–on the edge of my chair–hanging on to every little tweet and message–spazzing with everyone (esp. Angelica). Must make a short trip over to i-tunes land and buy Elevator, so I can hear what it really sounds like.

I have come to the conclusions after listening to the snippet TOSOD a trillion times and analyzing every note and word, that David sounds carefree, light, happy, I know how this song is supposed to sound IT’S MINE, like he’s singing in his own backyard. The notes that follow the words “best of me” I swear have is an island sound– short lived– but its there.

29. Alexis on now. Powerful singer. She should have gotten farther on idol.

30. emmegirl said

dakgal, I remember eman tweeting about listening to one of David’s songs and it being light and breezy or like a cool breeze or something to that affect – can’t remember exact tweet… maybe this was the one.

Nana#26 “Concert announcement tomorrow”??? <<<< Very interesting! Hope it means what we think it means! Please let us know!

River#27 Since it's still early in David's career, I learned not to get attached to the band members. There will probably be more changes before a permanent band is formed. The problem is they're all so likeable! (Will miss Kendra!!)

Dak#28 The last I heard from Angelica, Alexis Grace was warming up. She's probably on now.

Aha! I see that Angelica posted while I was mowing the lawn. LOL I enjoyed Alexis’ stint on AI too and was surprised when she was sent home so early in the season.

Here’s one of her AI performances:

credit Mrpingu006

33. stenocruiser said

Interesting — have we noticed this before? Amazon.com shows another TOSOD CD [import] (no image available)for pre-order, to ship on November 23, 2010. Price $41.49 (Amazon.ca $45.99)

Product Description
    Japanese pressing includes one bonus track. 2010.

Just like first album, different bonus tracks at different locations — iTunes, Japan, (maybe Walmart too?).

34. emmegirl said

Didn’t Kendra say one time that touring wasn’t her favorite thing and something about wanting to work on her music, writing, etc. Maybe her time with him was always intended to be temporary, serving as a valued band member and also a good friend, him being so young that first year of touring.

35. Alexis just said David will be out soon and everyone made a dash to the barricades to mosh!!! Still an hour till he comes out! Lol!! Yes, I’m in the pit against the rail. Haha

Steno: By the time we’re finished we’ll have one of each, just like the first time. Not that we mind. 😀

Angelica#35: “Yes, I’m in the pit against the rail. Haha”

Hang in there, Angelica!
    Remember the prize! 😉

BizetMom43 via twitter

@davidarchie is up next!

39. David just walked by with a half dozen armed guards with bullet proof vest.

40. emmegirl said

Mosh pit, she will have a tale to tell!

41. dakgal said

Haha Bullet proof vests? Wonder what he thinks of that?

Tell Angelica to watch her step–good thing she got her hug in early!

Strangerphilosopy changed her name to angelica. ;). Wow big crowd! People from all over the country. Setting up for David now!!!!!!

Back!!!!!!

Angelica,against the rail best place to beeeeeee!!!!!

I see your posting here…I think I need an iphone.

Bullet proof vests? Wonder if they have David surrounded?

I figured that David’s band would be changing from time to time since he is a solo artist and I’ve also heard that “he” is the boss. I like that.

Elevator is on itunes? Need to check that.

Aww From Paula FOD on Twitter:

I met David!!! And I didn’t cry!!

I cried talking to some of our sweet friends, though! David’s fans are amazing like our David.
    3 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Got pics. I was coherant…I think….
    less than 20 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

Bizemom43

Crowd yelling, DAVID!! Whoo almost time!
    6 minutes ago via txt

Dezzirayray

I JUST MET DAVID ARCHULETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2 minutes ago via txt

The chanting has begun!!!!

beccakayy Crown screaming DAVID DAVID DAVID DAVID!!!!

Shell_eeeyyy And the chanting begins’n
    Bizemom43 Crowd yelling ,DAvID!! Whoo almost time!

From LLALaurieFOD via Twitter

Singing ALTNOY. Said it would be an acoustic set, kinda like you’re at home sitting by the fire. Haha
    less than a minute ago via txt

credit Paula FOD

From Paula FOD

Sbl
    5 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

My hands!
    2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Elevator
    2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

I think she meant my hands, I think…lol seems like a little confusion.

thebeebee

ok what do we have so far… altnoy, sbl, my hands, elevator… have i got it right?

From LLALaurieFOD via Twitter:

Touch My Hand and now he’s talking about a big banana in the audience. Lol

LLALaurieFOD

“IVE NEVER SEEN A BIG BANANA IN THE AUDIENCE BEFORE” BAHAHA!

LLALaurieFOD

Somebody Out There now…keyboard fail
    half a minute ago via txt

zerogravity1

OMH!!! Somebody Out There on Keyboard!!!! Need VID!!!! Please!! I miss that sooooooooong!

Marylee_DAangel @LLALaurieFOD Keyboard fail seems rather common! He’ll wing it & keep smiling! 🙂

Enjoying the excitement !

Good job on updates 🙂

Scott_NJ

So he ended with God Bless America! Aww.. how cool!

From Mikekmusic:

That was fun!!!!! The crowd was awesome!
    @DavidArchie sounded awesome!!!
    7 minutes ago via Osfoora for iPhone

wonder how many peeps were there?
    aaaaahhh , I want to see David live so bad!!

56. emifriend said

ohh my it all sounds so wonderful and I am sure for those that are there, it is even more wonderful!

LIVE, as in person, again

58. emifriend said

okokokokok

I *need* screen caps from the video in #15

There’s something about the teal in David’s shirt that makes his eyes even more amazing. This video has countless adorable sqhish expressions as he speaks with joy about his favorite songs on the new cd.

Screencaps—–Please pleaze please! And Thanks in advance. I know you will do it because somehow here, it always happens that my wish is your desire too.

Oh dangit! unexpected company!

Well it sounds like he did great!!!!

Guess I will have to go to sleep still wondering what David was wearing and it is not that important really!! Has he had his hair cut rather short? Guess I will have to wait!

SB…the wait for details and videos starts…sigh\

David’s go getter fans are kicking butt!

SU2C reality teams: Archuleta’s team raised double Survivor; SYTYCD, Biggest Loser trail
    related news »
    by Andy Dehnart / September 12, 2010, 10:14 PM

During the Stand Up To Cancer telethon on Friday, Survivor Africa winner Ethan Zohn appeared with So You Think You Can Dance host Cat Deeley and The Biggest Loser host Alison Sweeney to announce that the Fox and NBC shows, along with ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition were joining with CBS and creating fundraising teams.

As of Sunday night, the Survivor team has exceeded its goal of $25,000, raising $31,637. So You Think You Can Dance’s team has raised $1,506, The Biggest Loser team has raised $680, and Extreme Makeover’s team has raised $295.

To be fair to the other teams, Survivor started its team and fundraising about a month ago. And that team is getting its ass kicked by American Idol runner-up David Archuleta’s team, which has raised $68,058.

Ultimately, the teams are just a fun way to encourage donations, 100 percent of which go to collaborative cancer research. So, if you can, give something, even $1.

It’s so nice to come home to these updates. 🙂

He sang God Bless America?
    That is pure David.
    Singing it because he felt like it.
    So appropriate.
    Love him. ♥

SandyBeaches: Still waiting for pics and videos but there are some more tweets from rhiminee on Twitter:

Still at the fair sheesh. Ready for a comfy hotel bed lol. Will try to get some vids up first though. Any others up yet?
    about 2 hours ago via mobile web

Jdjjdjshdcxjsxhdckjd just met david and got pics!!!!
    11 minutes ago via txt

Dear rhiminee: Idk you but am so happy for you! 😀

Nice to see the smile from my vegas video being used!

Hi @DavidArchie :) hahaha One day I want to see that smile al... on Twitpic

First video up…Elevator!!!!

God Bless America!

Worth waiting up for. 🙂
    Thanks Dja!

68. No one sings GBA better – so beautiful & touching.

69. ….and only David would do this without being prompted.

Thanks for posting these vids Djafan. Great to relive tonight before turning in. What a fantastic day! He is above and beyond incredible.

Exhausted..going to get some shut eye at the hotel and will write my recap tomorrow. I can tell you that my ODD has escalated off the charts, if that is even possible.

*waves to Angelica* Glad to see you survived! 😉

Here’s “Somebody Out There”

credit 8throwcenter

“Somebody Out There” with banter

credit YouCanCallMeTina

This was worth waiting for!
    Acoustic “My Hands”
    The sound he makes at 2:57…..gahhhhhh. Okay I clearly need help! LOL

credit YouCanCallMeTina

Niters!

*poof*

74. angelofdja said

Beautiful videos of a beautiful man! I can sleep now. THANKS for posting Djafan. 😀
    Sleep well Angelica, and all the other blessed folks who saw this show!

75. jackryan4DA said

DeltaFest videos, my reaction to old time fave:

1. SOT – it is like being enveloped in the poignancy, plaintiveness yet delicious offering of life itself. That Mr. Archuleta is what your voice brings out in a simple melody. BRAVO!

2. MY HANDS – @ 2:55 & 3:50 – *&^%$#@#!)(*&*! Goodness… Killing us softly, seriously!

In another vein, watta bout the get-up, not that it really matters (haha). To borrow the TOSOD description in one of the YT comments “Sweet mother of all that is fine and delicious”

Couldn’t stay up, down with a cold but a little better after 2:57, you know the one I mean. That might go along nicely with “The Howl” (The Call)…the first smile I am able to make today! 😦 🙂 !!

Good Lord I just now watched that My Hands.

Bebe, that wail is from another world.

Good Morning!

Angelica lives! Odd worse…oh my!!!!

Can’t wait to hear all about it.

David was beyond amazing, so comfortable, impromptu performances, what a natural and I’m in screen cap heaven! I’ll posting during the day…lol

Work is screaming at me, got to go…ttl!

This video is so full of win I cannot take it.
    “It’s all your birthdays?”

I don’t even know what to say anymore.My brain is like…tongue tied…not functioning properly.

75.Jackryan.what you said. all of it. ditto

Morning! 😀 😀 😀 😀
    Who is wearing a smile this morning?
    (SB: Glad 2:57 put a smile on your face!)
    These videos are a real treat today.
    Are you ready for more?
    Here’s another “Elevator”, with a different view and a shot of the audience thrown in.
    I happen to love a view of the crowd.

credit SuperWonton

A little hard to see…David giving high-fives to his fans…

credit SuperWonton

Intro and ALTNOY!

credit YouCanCallMeTina

“Something ‘Bout Love”

Love the banter!

credit YouCanCallMeTina

…and 8throwcenters’s “Something ‘Bout Love”
    (nice closeups)

There’s something so refreshing about these performances. Idk, maybe it’s the relaxed, acoustic sound? Or maybe we’re all starving to see something new? All of the above?

“Crush”

credit YouCanCallMeTina

Bebe #86. Love how he starts singing and at the same time drags a stool out to sit on.
    What a great bunch of videos. 🙂 🙂 🙂

89. nanaweize said

This was my comment from yesterday…
    “Heard “Something bout Love” on the radio today. The DJ began with something like “concert annoucement tomorrow morning..up close and personal with this guy and then he played SBL. I will be listening to B98.7 in the morning! Hope he meant what he said!”

This is what I heard this morning…David will be at the Radio station next week…(I think on Monday but not sure on the day) You are suppose to text the name David to be entered in for a chance to come to the station and have lunch with David and hear a song or 2! I was in the other room so didn’t catch it all!

Betsy#88 I hadn’t watched that video to the end before posting so I missed the stool and other details. Did you catch 3:14 (of course you did!) when David acknowledged the audience singing along? So sweet!

Nanaweize#89 How fast did you text them? LOL

B98.7 presents David Archuleta
    LIVE in Studio B

David Archuleta will be performing live in Studio B on Tuesday, September 21st at 1:30PM. This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet David and watch him perform. You can be a part of the studio audience.

Text ‘DAVID’ to 62582 for a chance to join us.

If you’re randomly selected, you’ll join us for lunch and an exclusive acoustic performance by David Archuleta. Winners will be drawn on Friday, September 17th.

By signing up, you will be automatically entered into the VIB Text Club. We’ll send you text messages about once a week. Message and data rates may apply. Reply ‘VIB Stop’ at any time to opt out.

Cher impersonation:

Betsy#80: These videos are all so full of win, it’s hard to pick a favorite. Thet impromptu performance of TMH was amazing. So many nice touches in it…

1) the rose
    2) “It’s all your birthdays?”
    3) “touch my hand? I actually have a song called that. Do you know “Touch My Hand”?
    4) the audience banter and the hand touching

We’re so used to the full band in the background of these songs. Hearing David’s pure voice is a thrill! We’ve said it before but it bears repeating. David doesn’t need musical accompaniment.
    HE IS MUSIC.

Betsy: Thank you for all your contributions this morning! I can barely keep up! LOL David’s Cher impersonation in #93 = awesome!
    And I really really for realz enjoyed the interview in the JustJaredJr link you posted in #90. I mean like really! LOL

Snarkies has the 17-minute Q107 interview with David from this morning. When it hits youtube, we can embed it here.

97. FG said

WOW! that’s a whole lotta David videos today! So much beauty, so little time. He is so fantasticly wonderful. The claw, growls, runs, who needs Animal Planet??? He is such a pretty small beast of a man. LOL

98. nanaweize said

Bebe said..Nanaweize#89 How fast did you text them? LOL

Bebe…I don’t have a cell phone but I quickly called my daughter…she texted for me.(only because she loves me tho) lol! She is not a over the edge fan like her mom but loves to see me happy!

B98.7 must really like David. I have been listening most of the morning. They have mentioned him several times…had a game with the word Archuleta in it and played both SBL and Crush. I think I will listen to them more often.

I am impatiently…whoops I mean patiently waiting for Angelica’s report! Whahoooooo for David Archuleta!

Nana#98 Here’s wishing you the best of luck on the drawing. Hope your name gets picked to be in the studio audience! Please keep us posted.

FG#97: Howdy! 😀
    I totally agree; he’s a beautiful beast!

I just noticed that there are hardly any pics from the Memphis event. These videos were crying for screenshots! (my first attempt! yikes!)

I found some pictures on the radio web site

credit Q96.1 & 107.5 in Memphis

I got an email from djxox aka djbell13. She fell as we were running to the stage at Six Flags. Seems like she stepped into a low spot in the grass and twisted her knee. She stood for the rest of the day and watched the entire concert. She has had problems with her knee ever since. Here is the update I wanted to share (with her blessing).

I am attempting to go back to work tonight since I have been out for 2 weeks already, going against doctors orders, but I am stubborn, and I will be out awhile after the surgery. I have become quite the “hopper”, the brace and crutches help. The ortho diagnosed a torn meniscus in my knee which will require surgery to repair (or removal depending on what the MRI shows). I had the MRI Sat and have a followup appt with the Ortho Dr on Thursday. I was able to go online today and was blown away by SOT and GBA which is a fav of mine (and Dad’s too since he was a very patriotic vet). these two performances need to go straight to my iTouch. Gotta love him.

I shall keep you updated and hope to catch a “chat” soon, I miss my DA buddies, can”t wait to hear Annette’s recap, after she recovers. 🙂

Thanks again for all your support~

djxox

102. angelofdja said

Abrra, Please send djbell my very best for a complete recovery and full, even better use of her knee post surgery! 😀

angelofdja
    You just did! She visits the site.

104. angelofdja said

DOH! 😀

105. SweetOnDA said

djbell, so sorry to hear you were still having problems with that fall. My prayers are with you on your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery. Thank you for all the wonderful video’s we have received from you. You are truly a fan of David’s to be admired. Much love being sent your way 🙂

Thanks Abrra for this update.

Can’t wait for Angelica’s recap. Waiting patiently 😉 and loving all the goodies from the Delta Fair. I’m in love with his My Hands and GBA performances. Sending them right to my ipod.

Thanks admins for all you do to keep us up-to-date on all things David.

I have had a crrrrazy work day!!!

djbell, hoping for the best for you!!!!

Just taking a breather…

107. pattiNC said

Have you all seen this??

mjsbigblog

News: @IdolsNow reporting that Jive sent David Archuleta’s “Elevator” to radio today calling it the “1st single” Hm. http://bit.ly/9EZOZJ
    half a minute ago via bitly

PattiNC…idk what’s going on but I just saw on twitter that a radio station played Elevator and then a bit after they played Something Bout Love, so they may help each other out 🙂 🙂

109. poof said

Hi djbell,
    Here is to a speedy recovery! My daughter had that surgery after a car accident a year ago, and is now doing very well! You do deserve a medal, “d’arch of honor”, for going above and beyond in the line of duty!

Is anyone else having issues “moving on” from TAGGB? I haven’t watched half of the new videos because I would rather listen, on repeat, to “I KNOW THERE”S HOPE,,,,, I SEE IT IN YOUR EYES!” That waillll, that beautiful waillll! Shhisshhh, I am stuck! (This is so painful,,, I just can’t bear it,,,,, :):))

Poof
    I LOVE that song. Its my fav and I do the same as you.

111. poof said

So there is hope? Things are gonna get better?? Silly me,, how could they get any better than this. Bless his beautiful hide! Thanks Abrra!

Hey sweetonda! thank you from all of us!

They said they’ll be playing E here, they’ve also been playing SBL!

radio music is in a pathetic state 😦

I have tried to steer clear of referring to David as “beautiful” because it seems so inappropriate for a man. After last night, I give up. Those videos, snaps, screencaps. Aaaah!! He is wayyy beautiful. Awesomely beautiful. Fantastically beautiful. Just beautiful.
    Oh yeah, including the voice of course 🙂

And please add my name to the list who love Things Are Gonna Get Better. It has made a great impact when you think there is only the one performance. It wanders around in my head and never leaves.

116. Shawna said

Add my name too to that list for TAGGB. That is now my song that plays over and over and over on my iphone ipod and my other ipod too. I love it so much. Such a comforting song. I need a ringtone for that, Elevator and The Other Side of Down. Just wish I knew how to do it. Someday I am going to spend the whole day getting tech savvy like the rest of you here.

Waiting patiently for Angelica’s recap of last night. The vids are so super. So glad the archudrought is over.:))

Djbell, my prayers are with you!! I had both knees torn at the same time while skiing, and kept skiing into the night, and paid for it the next day too!! We think we are superhuman sometimes, don’t we? Best of luck to you, and maybe you won’t have to have surgery if the tear is only partial. Mine were and no surgery, just rehab time!

I have been trying so hard to be the 10th caller on that dang MIX107.9 contest, called in all five times today, and actually got through at the 6:10 one, but was the 3rd caller. SO EXCITED when it actually rang and no busy signal, but so sad when he said you are the 3rd caller. Ughhhhhh, not fair, and the person who won actually was putting up BEAVER pictures in her room when she won. NOT FAIR at all!!!:((((( I tweeted Mix107.9 and told them they could at least make sure the people who win are real diehard DA fans, but then again, she probably won’t be a BEAVER fan after getting that private concert with DA, will she?????!!! She will be a new DA fan instead.

Shawna
    I will make you those ringtones. Give me a day or so to work on it. I will email them.

118. Shawna said

Thanks, Abrra, you are so sweet!:)) I was able to make your SBL ringtone work, so I am sure I can do it again. I am getting smarter slowly, but surely. I now have the 3GS, instead of the 3G.

So Dayzee, do you think David is beautiful?

120. Tawna21 said

djafan–I simply cannot listen to 107.9–I don’t care if they are promising to play Elevator, I can’t wade thru what has to be listened to before they get to it! I’ll just listen on my computer, etc.

Yes, Dayzee, ‘It has made a great impact when you think there is only the one performance. It wanders around in my head and never leaves.’ I’m with you on this.

btw–there are some great neck views in these videos from yesterday. 🙂

djabell— {{{hugs}}} and best wishes to you thru the next few weeks. I’m wishing you the very best!! You’re a true fan to go thru all of this for the rest of us!! 😉

Tawna

I heard “Something ‘Bout Love” on radio tonight on Mix 107.9 online, the Utah station! Waiting for “Elevator” now. They played “Elevator” once tonight but I missed it. They said they would play it again. What a thrill to hear David’s voice, other than “Crush” on radio!

Dayzee#114 I love TAGGB, too! It’s a pick-me-up when you’re feeling down…and a feel-good song all the way around.

122. Shawna said

Tawna21–You don’t have to listen to the station. Just stay on twitter and they let you know when it is on. Works great. I could text you when it comes on too, if you would like. I think your number is in my phone.

Tawna, I don’t usually but I am desperate..haha

I lower the volume when I can’t tolerate. Shawna that’s a good idea.

Still listening, Bebe great I’ve been reading that both songs are being played…win win!

Listening To Something Bout Love on radio for the first time!!!!

125. I said

Djbell…speedy recovery.

Angelica…sweet dream.

Heard SBL twice tonight!
    Still waiting for Elevator.
    I love this Utah station!
    okay, back to listening…

Pause for a picture break:

128. Shawna said

Do you think David liked this not too “Modest is Hottest” dress Jennette wore in the above picture?

129. emmegirl said

djbell, hope everything goes well with the knee, take care.

Thanks to the videographers, there are a couple of real gems – love seeing him up there again!

dja/113 couldn’t agree more.

130. #127 Is that the first pic we see of David putting his arm around like that while posing with a girl? 🙂
    Jennette seems like a sweet girl. I don’t think David will be judgemental about her dress, although, yeah, it’s probably not to his liking. I guess it’s what they put outhere for girls to wear.

djbell <333
    Sending good thoughts your way. What a trooper you are, staying and videoing the show.
    Take good care of yourself.

Shawna#128 I guess it’s the bare shoulders that would make it immodest to some. I think the dress is tasteful. In fact, I’d approve if my daughter wore it.

133. Shawna said

Bebe I agree!! I actually think the dress is darling, just wondering what David thought!!!

134. Mandi said

#127 I like that picture of David and Jennette. They look good together.

Anyway, I don’t know what to do with myself. I will always love and support David, don’t get me wrong. But I’m feeling like the stars are not quite lining up with this second pop album. I maybe worrying way too much about nothing. I think it’s because I don’t know what to think with this music business thing. SBL is a great song and I loved it right away but it has not picked up steam since a few weeks ago. And now the next single Elevator is released and I don’t think it’s that great of a song, but what do I know. Maybe I don’t know what’s good for radio and what’s not.

I really, really hope and pray that Elevator will do much better than SBL. I would be very sad to see 2 singles of his that would never get a day in the top 40 sun. I also hope and pray that he will have a band performing with him in these gigs he is doing. These acoustic shows don’t have the “wow!” effect for me. Just David’s voice isn’t doing it for me with these mid tempo songs. (Please Jive, pay for a band.) I don’t want to say this but I have to be honest. The songs seem to fall in the category of “not as memorable” and the fact that he seems to have a hard time hitting those high notes is emphasized without the backing of a band. I can see tomatoes flying in my direction. So sorry but I have to voice this frustration I have with whoever is responsible for these gigs. Please provide the band, I beg you.

I don’t know. Why am I so worried about a 19 year old’s career in music? I think it’s because I love him and I really, really want him to succeed. Yes, my ODD is off the wall. I wished I never have this ailment but there is no escaping it. I will always love David until the day I die.

135. archielet said

Mandi- I’m feeling the same way. I love david so much, I wish him all the success of this coming album. Elevator is my least favorite so far. I love you david!!….I just want to be honest here and to david.

136. jackryan4DA said

Hi eveyone!

Been away from the fansites for awhile. My Office crashed and I lost half of the repot & presentation am doing &^%$#@!)(*&^%. I wonder if uploading & downloading anythingDavid has anything to do with it? You think (whistling now…)

Anw, after 5 attempts in 18 hours, here is David’s interview with Q107.5/Q96.1 Memphis, TN – I set it to pix from the Delta Music Festival. Great to see how huge the crowd was – enjoy!!!

#134 & #135
    I will ‘Trust the Archuleta” on the way this album is being handled. Things have changed in how music is promoted and sold. There is little that makes sense here. Making a video for a song that isn’t being called a single? This may explain why David was not talking about the song in glowing terms. It seems to be one of the parts to the whole album, not the feature. Very confusing. He is doing things his way by having Elevator promoted as the first single. He is learning the business. We may not agree on what is happening, but in the end talent will win out. David has a broad range of styles. Whether radio stations get him and will play his music is debatable. He needs a “hit” that they can grab onto for replays.

I don’t worry that he has no band for the “radio” promotional appearances. Notice I didn’t say “shows”. Think back to when the first CD was promoted, he was going to all the radio stations there was only him and his keyboard. That’s how it’s done.

I know one thing to be true, David loves to sing. He loves being with fans. Some singers do not become radio hit makers, they tour and sing to fans. CFTH CD proves this point. That was purely for the fans, and we supported the tour in droves. I will support David in his career unconditionally.

Things Are Gonna Get Better

aww. love this pic(137) Abrra. Such a sweetheart, our David.I too “trust the Archuleta”
    I have never followed anyone’s singing career,like this, ever… until David came along. Many of us have now followed him so closely,it’s been almost like Truman tv. I think I have watched video(s) of David, every day for 2 years.That’s incredible.to me.
    Mandi 134….we love David.We love him so much, and want everything to be perfect for him because we all know he is destined for greatness. It will happen. It IS happening.He’s learning how things work in the business,and he is going to have his ups and downs and make mistakes, (or someone will) I actually think his new cd will do very well. as you said Abrra, “talent will win out.”

I have a feeling David may be asked to appear as a guest on Glee at some point.
    (Josh Groban shot to overnight stardom,singing on a tv show called Ally McBeal. Remember?)