April 2010
    « Mar   May »
    19202122232425

jans11 on David Archuleta ~ Tour Tickets…
    Abrra on David Archuleta ~ Tour Tickets…
    jans11 on David Archuleta ~ Tour Tickets…
    tawna21 on David Archuleta ~ Tour Tickets…

• Click on picture to buy “Postcards In The Sky” on itunes

• Click the picture to buy “Leo EP” on iTunes

The Motherlode of Fandoms

Posted by bebereader on Thursday, April 15, 2010

It’s been over two years since David Archuleta made his debut on American Idol and still…we can not get him off of our minds.  His fans often take the heat and have been accused of being rabid and fanatical but it’s a testament to him, in fact, that we are this way.  A music lover my entire life, I’ve been a fan of many artists.  I know how to do the fan thing.  I buy the cds and singles, keep up with radio and TV appearances, participate on their message boards, chat with other fans, clamor for tickets, attend their concerts, and purchase merch at their shows.  Yet never have I felt this kind of intensity, the high, the true joy, the range of emotion, the passion, the loyalty, the respect and the outpouring of love and admiration for an artist that David Archuleta’s fans have for him.

We don’t just buy his CDs; we buy multiple copies and gift them to whoever we can, strangers included.  We Tivo his minutest appearances, blog until we drop, drag into work after late nights indulging in too many videos at The Voice Unplugged.  Oh just one more for the road, I can’t leave NOW! The next day, exhausted but still craving more, we compulsively search for  new videos, new pictures, and any news of David.  We VIP repeatedly, attend multiple concerts hours away, and throw twitter parties to get David’s name trended.

We wear our ODD whenever we can; on t-shirts and pins, on bumper stickers and key chains, and most importantly, with the smile on our faces and the light in our eyes. This is not a typical fan base.  But David is not a typical artist.

In the J-14 interview last week, David said “I want to show people that I’m in a new phase right now. It’s a new time for me!”  In that regard, he’s been  bouncing all over the country, writing songs for his sophomore CD, with an abundance of well-renowned songwriters at his disposal, some of whom have songs ready and waiting for him to appear in their studios to record. In addition, his memoir, “Chords of Strength” and a new single are on the horizon.  If we take a moment to reflect upon David’s generosity and all that he’s done for us, both personally and musically, the figures are staggering. 90+ combination of blogs and vlogs, 2,400 tweets, 2 full albums and non-stop back-to-back touring since the American Idol finale.

During the drought, when other, less uh, rabid fans would have taken a break and disappeared for a while to follow the music of other artists, we are still here.  In fact, we’re stuck like glue. Like moths to a flame, we are unable to resist the light that shines in his voice, his smile, his eyes, his heart.

There is something undeniably captivating about The Voice that draws us in and makes us take up permanent residence in his proximity. Is it just his talent?  Is there more, is there more?  All I know is, this crush ain’t going away and we, his proudly fanatical Archeologists are methodically mining only the tip of a very deep iceberg.

96 Responses to “The Motherlode of Fandoms”

1. pabuckie said

Wow! Fabulous article Bebe! Will have to re-read and re-read! This should be posted Everywhere!! haha
    It’s soooo true — when ppl say we are rabid fans they should take note of WHY we are! David is ONE IN A MILLION!!
    His voice, his generosity & compassion…he is such a hardworker!
    I have a feeling this new CD is going to be RIDICULOUS! lol

Not only is he working so hard on this next CD but he keeps up updated like you said with tweets and vlogs and how the HECK has he had time to write a book in between too!!

Love your article, Bebe

2. Marylee said

“There is something undeniably captivating about The Voice that draws us in and makes us take up permanent residence in his proximity”.

Very well said, Bebe! I, like you, have been a fan of many artists in the past to different degrees but none captured my heart the way David did since first watching his “Heaven” audition. There was no turning back for me at that point. Two years later and I still find that Voice captivating! What a journey we’ve been on & I can’t wait to see where David will take us next! Shine On, David!

3. yjfanofdavid said

Great post Bebe! Unlike you, who had the experience of being a fan many times over, B.D.A, I am from the opposite of the spectrum — never been a fan my whole life, like some of us here. Yet here we are, all inexplicably drawn to David in the most intense way possible. Is the nature of the draw spiritual, neurological, hormonal, emotional, psychological, or mystical? Who knows. Maybe someday we will understand it better. For now, the moths-to-a-flame picture says it all. 🙂

4. bluebar said

This article made me think of all the charities and organizations and individuals-in-need we have come to know, extend our help for and contribute to because of David. His fans are truly among the most generous, caring and loving toward others. Plus we have all the fun of planned and spontaneous meetings with each other along the way!
    Like everyone, I’m eagerly awaiting the new CD, which means a glorious tour and the hope of more sharing and good times! We have much to look forward to and to be thankful for… all because of David. We are the lucky ones in this fandom!!

5. TOfan said

Great post, Bebe!

It is amazing we’re still here, isn’t it? I’ve loved & made music all my life too, and I’ve lost count of the concerts I’ve been to over the years. But, like many others, until David, I’d never written a fan letter, left my home town for a show, gone to more than one show in a tour, googled or YouTube’d an artist, bought a gift for a performer, cared about their career, or about meeting them in person.

Then again, I’ve never felt my soul soar the way it does when I hear his Voice. So there you go.

6. Fiona said

Well done, Bebe, that is an amazing article! I love the way you write, putting into (very eloquent) words all my feelings about David!

7. vee from Sydney and still roaming the US said

Hello guys

Ms Bebe loves this article. We are really deep into this. And I am not complaining.

If you ask me , I will take anything. sometimes not thinking about the $$$. In this ODD journey, we have the pleasure hearing/seeing THE VOICE and then the luxury of meeting through cyberspace David’s wonderful fans.

I have now e-families all over the world.

Before i go back home, did some posting. Ms Abrra, DJafan, knotliser, Kizzi, flipangel,Dawn, rapture, awestruck, tofan, happy, freo, SB, vermeer, joymus,nat, joner and refnaf, please wait for your postman.

See you guys when I come back . Hope next time will meet you all in person. If ever, will join you in the chatroom.

I am now in the last leg of our trip, in San Francisco then home to Sydney.

Sorry Ms bebe didn’t have time to call you, next time okay!!!

Love you guys 🙂 🙂

Very nice post, Bebe. I love this–“Like moths to a flame, we are unable to resist the light that shines in his voice, his smile, his eyes, his heart.”

Not only the light, but for me the warmth of the flame. In a cold, dog-eat-dog, world, David brings a warmth from his soul that touches mine and has taught me many lessons in humanity and humility. In living, to the ultimate degree, his faith/religion, he has helped me see many shortcomings of my own and thus I have been able to work at correcting them. Ahhh–David the teacher and keeper of the flame. {{heart}}

TW

Bebe,

Excellent analysis of what we it means to be caught in his glow. I have never been a fan of anyone’s before and to this day can hardly believe what the heck has happened to me. Where is the blase’, hard to impress, person I used to be? Blown far, far away and what remains is tethered to this man and to his fans for keeps. It has to go down as one of the singular most remarkable experiences of my life and to think it was completely unexpected! Crazy! But I’m loving it!

Vee,

Safe travels and thanks so much for the package you sent! You are too kind. But then, you are a David fan, aren’t you? 😆

10. munkmusic said

Have you guys seen this?! EXCITING!

Sweet! Thanks Munkmusic!

Photobucket

12. hooked said

Happy Birthday Silverfox

Couldn’t ever ask for a better sister

Celebrate this big number!!!!!!!

Love you!

Thank you all for the kind words. I’m sure you all can understand when I say that this article was a pleasure to write.

Pabuckie: David maintains a close relationship with us, as if we’re old friends. I’m honored to be considered in that category. He treats us with respect and humility. You’re right, “David is ONE IN A MILLION!!”

Marylee: We’re on the same ticket.

YJ: “Is the nature of the draw spiritual, neurological, hormonal, emotional, psychological, or mystical?” (Hey I could have used that sentence! LOL) Actually I think it’s all of the above.

Bluebar: On this journey, who expected the added bonus of instant friends? David is a gift that keeps on giving.

ToFan: “I’ve never felt my soul soar the way it does when I hear his Voice.” <<< beautiful words! Get ready for some more soaring! 😉

Fiona: Eloquent? Idk but Thank you!

Vee: Safe travels, my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Tawna: "David brings a warmth from his soul that touches mine and has taught me many lessons in humanity and humility."

This is true for me, too.
    And it's never too late to learn.

Angelica: Thanks! Like David, you inspire me every day!
    "It has to go down as one of the singular most remarkable experiences of my life…"

I'm sure some of my non-David friends are saying "There goes Bebe, fangirlying over another artist." LOL However, if they read this article and all of the comments plus many other articles written here, they'd realize how life-changing this experience has been for so many of us and how serious we are about this. Yes I'm still able to enjoy other music and have not thrown my other cds out the window but no other artist except David has ever brought me this much pleasure, EVER!

This time, it's for keeps!

Bebe
    I am GUILTY on all charges! I do all the above and more. Haha! For me, being a fan of David has meant having wonderful friendships that help carry me through. Spending time with people I have met here makes my day, everyday.

I wonder if Rapture’s internal David alarm is going off full blast? She gets woozy if David is even in NY, but LI is even better.

For #4
    Bluebar

Our friend dawn65 made this a while back.

To our good friend Silverfox 🙂

Dear Silverfox…This is for you, Happy Birthday! Thank you to the embedder…

Have a wonderful evening…

Bebe…Ouch, you have us nailed…”Oh just one more for the road, I can’t leave NOW! The next day, exhausted but still craving more”…I will always remember this one evening a long time ago, that turned unto night, that turned into early morning along with the sunrise…so much fun!

19. embe said

I would just like to say how much joy it has brought me to have found these David-fansites (The Voice, TDC, Snarkies, Orlyy, Soul David…). I’m from Finland and the Archie-hype hasn’t reached here yet – I guess it will take a ray of sunshine like David to melt this dark northern corner 😛

I feel like I’ve finally found my place. If I’m excited about news regarding David, I can log on to any of these wonderful, welcoming websites and start spazzing with the other Archies, without having to explain who David is or what is so special about his talent etc. All of you KNOW why David is special, though I think none of us can quite put their finger on it. There are so many aspects worth admiring in David, and they tend to overlap.

So it’s sooo soothing to be able to enjoy David’s artistry, his one-of-a-kind voice, his nature, his amazingly good looks, and all the small things that attract us to David, among the fan-family. No explanation needed – WE ALL “GET” DAVID.

I have decided that this video has to be here everyday ! No need to hunt for it.

Those LIPS have their own zip code.

Archulitis Rabidicus Faniculus

Embe#19: Welcome to The Voice! Glad you found your way here! You’re in good company with your ODD. Have a look around our archives (left top sidebar) to see the articles you missed. Also, please visit us at The Voice Unplugged, our 24/7 video chat for David’s fans. In addition, we run monthly theme nights on Friday nights. Our next one is on Friday, April 23. Check back here for further info. Glad to have you onboard. Looking forward to your posts.

Abrra #14 Let’s hear it for friendships! 😉

SB#18 Oh yes, I remember that night! 😉

Silverfox: Best wishes for a wonderful, fun-filled, Happy Birthday!

I loved your article, my little twinlette.
    I love knowing that there are so many people feeling this way. Doing the exact same crazy stuff.
    So lucky to have friends like you all. or ya’ll 🙂

Abs #20
    Good idea. And I concur.

Siverfox – Happy Birthday! Go have some cake!

23. archugeezer said

Busted by Bebe.

And guilty as charged. I have never been a “fan” before, but after more than two years of following Mr. Archuleta wherever he goes and whatever he does—especially whatever he sings—I need to confess: In my life now, David owns part of every day.

I used to have bloggeritis, and I commented everywhere in an effort to deal with my ODD. I don’t do that much anymore, but it doesn’t mean I am not spending inordinate amounts of time reading, watching, crying, and laughing (lookin’ at you Abbra).

I really enjoy the talented contributors at The Voice, so much so that I sometimes feel guilty for not chiming in, not that I could add much. It’s kind of like having good friends who treat you to an elegant and satisfying meal and then you leave without expressing appreciation. So, my sincere thanks for all you do. The offerings here are so tasty I always come back.

[Happy Birthday, Silverfox!]

“Happy, happy birthday, Silverfox dear;
    Happy days will come to you all year.
    If I had one wish, then it would be
    A happy, happy birthday to you from me.”
    –Mildred E. Millett

Have a great day, SF!! {{hugs}} I’m betting that your family has a great time planned for you! Hope it involves cupcakes!!

TW

Bebe….I’m really loving this article from you…wink/wink

“In fact, we’re stuck like glue. Like moths to a flame, we are unable to resist the light that shines in his voice, his smile, his eyes, his heart.”

And stuck I am for all the reasons you cite. Having never been a fan of anyone this reaction, what I feel has knocked me of my secure balance beam I was always so proud of. But not complaining here, the joy that my life is now thanks to this young man has spilled into all areas of my life, wouldn’t have it any other way.

Embe…ODD lives here…lol…welcome to The Voice.

Archugeezer…”I need to confess: In my life now, David owns part of every day.” How does he do it? Million dollar question.

Please comment whenever you feel the urge, everyone’s voice matters and is welcomed 🙂

SB… I also remember that night when you said the sun was coming out…what a great time.

Abrra thanks for bring that interview over I’m still blown away by him.

Dawn…if your out there…hope to hear from you soon…we miss you!

And for Silverfox…Happy Birthday!!!!!

26. ram said

SilverFox I hope you have a super duper Archufantastic birthday!Feliz cumpleanos!!

And as something nice to look forward to it seems David will be at the Pop Music Awards in LA April 21. I will be praying for lots of video. Yay!! Woo woo.

27. ram said

I believe this is the event mentioned on twitter.

27th Annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards

The 27th annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards will be held on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, California. The invitation-only awards celebration will honor the songwriters and publishers of ASCAP’s most performed pop songs of 2009.

28. Fanis Archangelicus said

#23

Archugeezer just said what I’ve needed to say for a while. Thanks Archugeezer.

I sometimes feel like I’m cheating everyone by not commenting (not that I have anything special to say) but, oh, how I enjoy reading the articles and comments here. I’ve been going through some difficult times in real life for the past few months and you cannot imagine how much ya’ll have lifted my spirits on a daily basis. Thank you!!!!!

{{{{{Everyone}}}}}

29. marciami said

Happy Birthday Silverfox,

Hope you can hear David singing Happy Birthday to you. The way he sings it makes a heart swell and puddle and then lungs gasp for air.

I am the Marcia from AA who sat accross from you after the blow-my-mind CFTH concert (re-do please David). I hope you got your pic and liked it and that you saw the 3 pics that the symphony posted. They are on my desktop slideshow and every time I see the pic of him standing on stage in front of you holding your red roses, I think of you and that night. What a special moment for you both.

Thank you, and everyone else, for your heart-felt articles and amazing comments that keep me kinda, sorta, not really sane in my David world.

Silverfox – hope your birth day is filled with special moments.
    (sorry, I tried relentlessly to post that pic here and I can’t do it – wanted you and everyone here to see how beautiful it is – full of love)

Betsy/twinletta #22 Sending you {{{{{hugs}}}} today!

Archugeezer #23 “I need to confess: In my life now, David owns part of every day.”

He owns part of mine, too. We enjoy your company here and in The Voice Unplugged. Please stop by whenever you can.

Djafan#25 You’re my co-hort in crime. Thank you for listening to my article ideas when they are just a glint in my eyes.

Ram #27 Thank you for the info on next Wednesday’s 27th Annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards. Wondering if it will be televised.

Fannis/ODDity#28 There you are! Been missing you! Sending {{{hugs}}} your way.

Marciami#29 Send that picture to us at TheVoiceDA@gmail.com and we’ll be happy to post it here for you.

Oh nos! I found a new toy URL. LOL

Me: What is the 27th Annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards?

Myself: Did you even Try to find it?

I: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=27th+Annual+ASCAP+Pop+Music+Awards

I am easily amused.

32. pabuckie said

Hi Abs!! Just got home

here ya go!

and

33. pabuckie said

Ooops I just clicked on your link — didnt realize you found it. Sorry.

Marcia #29 – The Marcia from AA that also went to Cleveland? If so, good to see you here!
    Great memories – both concerts. 🙂

35. refnaf said

Bebebebebe…. love it… so well said. Since TOfan and I share nationality and a brain I repost what is also true for me> “until David, I’d never written a fan letter, left my home town for a show, gone to more than one show in a tour, googled or YouTube’d an artist, bought a gift for a performer, cared about their career, or about meeting them in person.”
    Look what you make us do David… hmmmm, I have not yet been to a book signing either….

((((((((((((((((((SF))))))))))))))) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!♥

36. madeline alvarez said

This article has summed it up!!! I adore David, he is an addition to my 12 grandchildren, he makes 13. He has a HEART OF GOLD. He will always have a very strong following, because…he is who he is. Thank you for a wonderful article.

This mornings numbers…

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #57,921 in Books

Popular in these categories:

#13 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians > Pop
    #61 in Books > Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Popular
    #69 in Books > Entertainment > Pop Culture > Music

Numbers now…

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #5,841 in Books

Popular in these categories:

#1 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians > Pop
    #2 in Books > Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Popular
    #3 in Books > Entertainment > Pop Culture > Music

Nice tweet…

@TonyOrlando

“To Be With You” by David Archuleta…Not only an incredible performance by him, but one of the greatest songs I’ve heard in a long time!

39. poof said

Silverfox

I have had a couple difficult weeks filled with personal challenges, but I feel like I am getting back on track. While reading everyone’s posts a few days ago, I read your prayer for David. I have read this…. uhumm…. a few times before….:) and I always read it through. This time, when I got to the end,,,”We will always be with you.”, I was instantly in tears. I KNOW that to be the truth, but it just HIT me then,,, how fortunate he is and we are as well. I wanted to tell you thank you,,,for this wonderful, almost daily reminder of how many of us feel. I didn’t thank you that day. So today, dear Silverfox,,, Thank You And Happy Birthday.

Abrra….Those LIPS have their own zip code…lol but true.

41. silverfox said

Ohmygosh!! Bebe, what a great article! David’s Fandom is without a doubt, like no other fandom in the history of fandoms. There’s no use trying to explain why we feel compelled to follow David. I tried to figure it out but all I came up with is that we all have a heart connection to David that defies explanation. It’s a phenomenon & a mystery. I can’t think of any other artist who generates such love & devotion from a diverse fan base from all walks of life, all AGES, races, gender, not to mention people of different religions or no religion, all professions and retirees. It’s unheard of, at least in my lifetime. Not Elvis, not The Beatles, not Michael Jackson, not Frank Sinatra, who are considered major music icons, but none had fans like David’s fans. David should be declared one of the true natural Wonders of the World. 😀

Oh, and speaking of my LIFETIME..It has been a long one! I am so happy David is all grown up and will soon be 20 years old & no longer a teenager. My only regret is that, dang, I will also continue to have birthdays. 😉

THANK YOU ALL for the “Happy Birthday” wishes! I see my sweet sister just could not resist announcing it, the stinker! At my age, I would just as soon let it pass as just another day, but no such luck..my family never forgets my BD, only because it’s tax day and who can forget tax day even if they want to! 😆

Now I must read the previous article by SandyBeaches & Bebe’s article again. Such great writers!

Marciami & Poof..thank you so very much! {{{{HUGS}}}}

42. emmegirl said

bebe – “this crush ain’t going away and we, his proudly fanatical Archeologists are methodically mining only the tip of a very deep iceberg.” …. we’re sunk! Two years following a teen pop singer has altered my life for the better. Imagine!

#20 Archulitis Rabidicus Faniculus 🙂

43. marciami said

Hi Betsy
    Yes, it is me. Of course I remember you in AA and Cleveland. Those were two unforgettable and magical nights I will always and forever hold dear in my heart and soul. Nice to see you here and hope to see you soon in Michigan (AA is fine) at a book signing!!!! It is my wish before the concerts wishes start!! Just to see him again.

44. kaycee said

I rarely post, but visit often. I just had to de-lurk to wish Silverfox a Happy Birthday! I always enjoy reading your words of support for David and love your prayer. And to those responsible for this site…thank you, it’s a wonderful place to visit (especially after a hard day)!

45. silverfox said

SB, Thank you for posting the Magnificent Contigo En La Distancia performance by the Magnificent David Archuleta! Did I mention how Magnificent I think David is?

David said he finished working early for today so I hope he had a nice dinner and maybe did something fun this evening, maybe a movie, a broadway show, or a concert? It’s my BD after all!
    As long as he’s not alone because I don’t like thinking of David by himself far from home. 😦

As for me, it’s time for dreamland. Sweet dreams everyone!

David, buenas noches! Hope you have a very good & restful night’s sleep with sweet & happy dreams. Thank you for all you do and for who you are. Keep with you all our love, support & prayers always. Contigo siempre! We will be with you always! TAKE CARE!

46. bluesky said

Oh my! I am in Mexico right now with just minutes to spare.
    So how do I pass my spare time? (here working)

The article above says it all.

Archugeezer! So good to hear from you!

SF, this is bluesky saying you´re the best.
    Gah, I love this site!! Thanks so much for being there even
    when I cannot and for letting me know that crrrazzzy people are
    within a few finger taps. Peeps who make my seriously strange
    behavior seem more like old-home-week.

I feel like saying: Okay, already!! So we know the symptoms!
    WHAT IS TO BE DONE ABOUT IT!!!!

silence..

Then some nut turns on a video (strangely enough, the nut might
    actually be myself) and I succumb to a sound-presence-being
    that fills silence, emptiness and random pockets I did not know
    I had. Pockets that were, apparently, waiting for joy.

(gosh, I love this site)

(note to self: computers in Mexico not only do NOT have some of the keys in
    the proper places ((ahem)), they also do not spell check english. *_*)

47. silverfox said

One more thing..I forgot to thank Djafan for posting the video of David singing HB…OMG!! That voice! I just melted! How in the world was Cindy still standing after THAT! They would have had to carry me away in a stretcher & brought me back to life with a defib! Whew!!

Hi Kaycee & thank you!

Again, thank you ALL so much for the HBD wishes!

Goodnight!

David at the Ann Arbor concert holding the red roses given to him by our own Silverfox!

All the David’s say Happy Birthday!

credit to marciami

49. stenocruiser said

The only thing that’s equally as impressive as David‘s awesomeness is his fanbase. The articles and comments on this and other fansites are by so many talented writers and done with love, admiration and respect for this very special and talented young man. So much so that I am unable to add much to what has already been said here. Bebereader, your article tells it like it is and more — about us and how and why we feel as we do.

New phase? Oh my, what lies ahead? Let’s just hop on the Archubus with David at the wheel and see where he takes us. David seems to have innate GPS – every move he makes brings more fans, more buzz and adds to his positioning on this bouncing globe. Case in point – the increase in Amazon book ratings after he tweeted about his visit to the printer.

What a ride we’re on!

Silverfox — hope you are having a wonderful birthday,and now I see Marciami’s picture of David with the flowers you presented to him at AA has been posted – I was there to see it happen. What a wonderful concert that was – David was perfect, as usual.

Thanks to all of you for expressing your delight in Bebe’s article, your wishes for a Happy Birthday for SF, and your satisfaction with the site. I especially love seeing all the lurkers delurk. You have no idea how much your input means to this community and how happy we are to see new and rarely seen posters drop by. I like to think of us here as a kind of family who are here for each other. It made me think of this week’s Monday morning thought to ponder by David…

“Don’t ever let yourself believe that the role you play in the lives of other’s is not an important one, especially in the lives…of the ones you love and who love you. No matter how big or small that role is, or may seem, it’s..it’s a very important one, and it is one that only you can play.” Don’t underestimate yourself. Someone out there may need you.”

So thanks for dropping by y’all and y’all come back now, ya hear? You never know how much your words could be just what someone out there needs to hear.

I’d like to add my Happy Birthday wishes for SF.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday to our beautiful SilverFox!!!!!

Photobucket

51. FG said

I missed it yesterday – Happy Birthday Silverfox! You are amazing.

Bebe – I love your article.

I have been sick but I think I am on the mend now.

Take care!

52. bluebar said

Belated greetings to Silverfox!
    With David in our life, it seems like a New Birth-day every day.

I was at the Ann Arbor Symphony and couldn’t have been more proud of David. And, so happy to be sitting next to Dee! She was the only one to bring flowers, so her kind thoughtfulness and this bouquet… was a sweet ending to a magnificent performance.
    David deserves an entire garden of roses!
    And, so does Silverfox!
    Happy Birthday!

53. cb said

Silverfox, I hope you had a wonderful Birthday yesterday. Thanks for sharing your prayers for David. I add my amen every time.

Bebe, I loved your article. I come here and read my heart in others words.

Bebe’s lovely words, “we are unable to resist the light that shines in his voice, his smile, his eyes, his heart.”
    Earlier this week I was talking to a neighbor and who is watching this season of Idol. I asked her if she saw David Archuleta on the show last week and she said yes, and that she loved his voice and thought Imagine was just beautiful. Then she said this.
    ” When he walked over to Ryan I thought what a beautiful young man he is. I was struck by the thought that he GLOWS! Does that make sense”?
    Does that make sense? Oh my heavens, even non fans can see the glow! I burst out laughing and when she said why are you laughing I explained that I have felt and heard that before.

“There is something undeniably captivating about The Voice that draws us in and makes us take up permanent residence in his proximity. Is it just his talent? Is there more, is there more? All I know is, this crush ain’t going away and we, his proudly fanatical Archeologists are methodically mining only the tip of a very deep iceberg.”
    I cannot explain this phenomenon in my life, but I embrace it and I know, after more than two years that this is not something to be gotten over, it is something to cherish.
    I want to say to the commenters on this article that so many of you touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, and thanks again Bebe.

I want to thank Vee and JR for the gifts carried across the Universe to me.There are many ways to say “Thank you”, I tend to speak in pictures.

If you have not bookmarked JR’s AI7 HD videos of David’s performances, please go here:

Good Morning/Good Afternoon!

David is “off to visit the label!”

refref, Madeline, {{{poof}}}, Emmegirl, Kaycee, Bluesky, Steno, FG, Bluebar and cb: Your comments are so appreciated. Thank you!

Abrra#14 That moth got it right, squeeing to David to sing “Barriers”! That moth wouldn’t umm be me, would it? 😉 LOL

Found these screencaps from the idolsnow interview:

Credit goes to BRSTek of IDF

More!

57. Dakgal said

Dja—”I need to confess: In my life now, David owns part of every day.” How does he do it?”

Truer words were never spoken. In my puttering around everyday (I’m one of those retirees), David crosses my mind hundreds of times . He brings a smile to my face and makes me giggle out loud. My latest thought invoking smile came while thinking of his Imagine performance. Here we have this consummate performer, who knows what he’s doing every minute, sitting at a huge piano, singing flawlessly, under lighting that only enhances his beauty. Then, when he’s done, he morphs into this 14 year old ( his hair) piano student, who just got through with his recital, and is strutting across the stage proud as a peacock. Now isn’t that enough to make your day and plaster a big old smile in your face?

Bebe –wonderful article–and I wouldn’t want to be any where else. David + plus his wonderful fans = heaven.

Hello!

Angelica, what a beautiful Silverfox and for those that have seen SF know she is even more beautiful.

I love seeing those red roses in David’s hands. That’s something I need to remember to do in the future concerts.

Love those screencaps!

59. emmegirl said

dja, too cool!

60. stenocruiser said

Busy week for David next week — the ASCAP event and now this:

Wonder what he’ll sing — maybe Prayer of the Children?

Thanks Emmegirl!

Steno, thank you for bringing this link….My oh my did you see the right up? Love it!

Live Performance by David Archuleta

David ArchuletaWhen David Archuleta was sixteen years old he auditioned for American Idol, received his golden ticket and headed for Hollywood. He would then go on to win over the hearts of many and become runner up in Season 7. He first hit the music charts when the three songs he performed in the finale (Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me, In This Moment and Imagine) all debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. His versions of Longer, Think of Me and Angels also landed on Billboard’s Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart.

In July 2008, So You Think You Can Dance used David’s cover of Imagine by John Lennon as featured music for a Pas de deux performance. His self-titled album, David Archuleta, was released in November 2008 and debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100. The album sold 183,000 copies the first week and quickly went Gold. His first single, Crush, has sold over 1.83 million copies since. Christmas from the Heart was released to rave reviews in October 2009 and is certain to become a Holiday Classic.

David was pleasantly surprised when he was approached to do a Memoir on his journey in life so far! Chords of Strength: A Memoir of Soul, Song and the Power of Perseverance will be released in June 2010. He is currently writing music for his next Album and looking forward to its release this summer.

A staunch supporter of humanitarian endeavors, David is very involved with many Charities, especially those with an emphasis on helping Children around the World.

62. marciami said

Hi Dakgal –

I recently retired and can say I have been orbiting in David’s universe since AI was over, right along with you and others, throughout each and every day. I am no visitor either. All I can say is it is a really good thing I don’t have to work anymore – David is full time!!

“David owns part of everyday” – beautifully said and what a joy that brings to me and all of us.

Bebe – I love the way you said “permanent residence in his proximity”. I now realize why I feel like I’m home when it is David.

63. pabuckie said

Silverfox — I didnt get a chance and just wanted to extend my heartfelt Birthday wishes to you even though I’m a day late 🙂

64. Blisskasden said

Silverfox, let me add my name to the birthday well wishers. I enjoyed meeting you in Westbury and look forward to meeting you again at future events. You are certainly an “A” List fan of David. You love him and “get” him, an unbeatable combination.

65. silverfox said

Thank you, thank you, thank you all so much for the warm birthday wishes sent my way. I’ve received several “HB” emails from fans of David who used to “lurk” on ND, JD, TDC & now visit The Voice..it’s truly overwhelming! I just can’t believe it! Let me say also, that I continue to “receive” the BEST gift ever, over & over every time David is referred to as “The Voice” 🙂

So David was braving the streets of NYC this evening! I was happy he had time to mix pleasure with business. All work & no play while in NYC is no fun. Seems David has learned to love the Big Apple just like his mom does. Did he really send out an invitation to come & say “HI”?? I know this will sound unbelievable coming from me, but even if I lived in or around the area David said he would be in, I doubt I would have gone looking for him. It would be too intrusive, weird, and feel like stalking even with the invitation. Really! 😉

However, if I were a 19 yo..that would be a totally different story! I think I would have at least tried to bump into him “accidentally on purpose”, after all, he DID send out an invitation, right? ***sigh*** 😆

Anyway, don’t know when David is flying out again, but just in case it’s within the next 24 hrs…

Dear Lord,

Please take care of David. Watch over him and protect him from all harm.
    Cloak him with your love and give him the strength to endure all that is thrown in his path. Give David the courage and guidance to say no to those who ask for more than he can reasonably give.
    Surround David with loving and supportive people who will love him UNCONDITIONALLY as we, his Archangels do.
    Separate David from those who have agendas other than for his well being.
    Give him rest when he’s weary and stamina to sustain his hectic pace.
    Give him assurance when he feels doubt and give him joy when he feels sad.
    Keep him always in your protective arms during this time on his journey.
    And please Lord, give us, his fans, the wisdom to do right by David.
    Help us in the way we support David so that it’s always in his best interests.
    May he continue to encounter goodwill and happiness wherever his journey leads him.
    Keep David and and his voice healthy & strong as he fulfills his Destiny which was written in his Book of Life before he was born.
    Though we may be unworthy, we humbly pray. Amen

David, hope you have a very good & restful night’s sleep with sweet & happy dreams. Thank you for all you do and for who you are. Keep with you all our love, support & prayers always. Contigo siempre! We will be with you always! TAKE CARE!

Good night everyone!

This is Saturday, “April 17th”…

Here it is…I did promise to remind you!!… 😉

“David’s Book Signings”

Tuesday June 1, 7 p.m. – Ridgewood, N.J., Bookends

Wednesday June 2, 7 p.m. – New York, N.Y., Borders

Thursday June 3, 7:30 p.m. – Lake Grove, N.Y., Barnes & Noble (Smith Haven Mall)

Saturday June 5, 2 p.m. – Bloomington, Minn., Barnes & Noble

Monday June 7 – Deseret Books, Salt Lake City, UT

Tuesday June 8 – Deseret Books, Orem, UT

Cheers to all,

If you don’t have coffee before you write then it is your own fault…you may be repetitive or unable to spell or put two thoughts together..! Well, that’s me anyway. Off to kitchen…

Sign a group e-Card here for Jonah Gomez and parents:

69. marciami said

Do you think that will be all of the book signings?? I just cant’ believe that would be all the promo and least of all, there is no one near me within 4 surrounding states!! A little self-centered I know but it was so exciting to think I would see David soon.. Anyway, what do people think?? That does take him from the east coast to Utah so……..

Oh SF, to be 19…lol

SB thanks for the dates but please tell me those aren’t it!

Marciami, I’m with you I “need” west coast dates!!!!

Marciami & Djafan…

My guess is that these are only just a few and that other dates are in the works…I don’t know how many people usually have and then again everyone is probably different. We will hear before long!

It is exciting to think that one might see David soon. Bliss reminded me by his comment that he wanted to thank David for everything and I want to shake his hand as well and so on…Even if I go alone which means flying to NY or NJ, I will be going as the flight is not too long…It may be a long time before a tour I am guessing.

Keep this close by: http://archuletafanscene.com/david-archuleta-tour-dates/

The dates will appear here as they are released…

73. emi said

Bebebebebebewriterindeed!

Bebe This is great! Don’t ever say to me again that you are not a writer! I am going to say to you “liar liar pants on fire!” My favorite thought is this: ” In fact, we’re stuck like glue. Like moths to a flame, we are unable to resist the light that shines in his voice, his smile, his eyes, his heart.”
    That’s it.. the irristable light…I like to hope that we can all learn to let our light shine like David. Can you imagine what a world this would be?

It’s so much love to come here and read after three days with no computer. Thanks everybody.. site admins, posters and delurker posters… you made my day! Stay rabid everybody!
    Emifriend

David’s at a street fair, per his last tweet!
    (I just love NYC street fairs!!)

SB#66 Thank you for the book signing dates. This site also keeps track of David’s schedule. If you click the drop-down under “David’s Schedule” up top, you’ll find the last six entries are book signing dates. We’ll add more as they trickle in.

Emifriend#73 Thank you! haha
    Any chance of your computer issues getting resolved soon?
    Missing you at The Voice Unplugged!

75. pabuckie said

OMG! Twitpic of the street fair with some girl. haha

THANK YOU PABUCKIE!!!!!

LOVE THE PICTURE!!!!! CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HIMMMMMMM!!!!!

SB…I’M PRAYING YOU’RE RIGHT…MORE BOOK DATES!!!!!

AND THANK YOU BEBE FOR KEEPING DAVID’S SCHEDULE UP TOP TO DATE!!!!

Ok done yelling…lol

77. pabuckie said

Djafan – and he’s wearing the same t-shirt as this:

Lucky lucky girl who met David at the street fair today!!!

Djafan#76…Umm Are you okay? Why are you shouting? LOL Nothing that a few hours in The Voice Unplugged won’t cure. Oh wait, I forgot, if there’s a cure for this, we don’t want it. 😉

Awwww – David looks tall in that pic! And glowy. 😉

short girls ftw

81. emmegirl said

David looks happy, cold, tired and beautiful.

Pabuckie…I noticed…lol

bebe…I think I’m in the need of Unplugged…lol

Emmegirl…he does look just as you say.

New twitpic…What should he do?

@davidarchie Ok so do I stop or go? Haha

Ok so do I stop or go? Haha on Twitpic

83. silverfox said

Today was Thunder Over Louisville, the biggest, most elaborate & beautiful fireworks display in America which takes place in every year two weeks before the KY Derby. It’s truly a grand & free to the public spectacle. More than 500,000 people gather in downtown Louisville at the river for the display. It’s a pretty spectacular beginning to the two week celebration which culminates on the first Saturday in May with the famous KY Derby.

I was catching up with David’s tweets & saw the pic of him at a street fair and I thought this was one time I would not have minded if he had been wearing a heavier hoodie. 😆

Hope he made it safely to wherever he was headed to at the “Stop/Go” light! It’s past midnight in here & in NY, so we may not know until Monday. 😦
    But the good news is David promised us a blog next week. I’m hoping for a VLOG though!

Anyway, still don’t know when David is flying out again, but again, just in case it’s within the next 24 hours since he has been known to fly on Sunday…

Dear Lord,

Please take care of David. Watch over him and protect him from all harm.
    Separate David from those who have agendas other than for his well being.
    Give him rest when he’s weary and stamina to sustain his hectic pace.
    Give him assurance when he feels doubt and give him joy when he feels sad.
    Keep him always in your protective arms during this time on his journey.
    And please Lord, give us, his fans, the wisdom to do right by David.
    Help us in the way we support David so that it’s always in his best interests.
    Though we may be unworthy, we humbly pray. Amen

Sweet Dreams everyone!

I am stuck in the vortex of AI7. Been watching for 2 days and grabbing screencaps. This one captured that elusive smile at the end of Imagine 1.0 Note the double exposure of the long shot as the song finished.

85. pabuckie said

Morning! Looks like David was at a club last night! 🙂

@EyeMAbrain David Archuleta was@ Club 57. Charice sang PYRAMID & I WILL SURVIVE. David didn’t sing: was there only as one of Charice’s gang.

Celebrity-ish sighting of the night:: David Archuleta of #AmericanIdol fame at Charice’s performance in Manhattan.

David was here to support his friend.

What is her management thinking? Her tweet:

@OfficialKahlea haha. had fun! got scared a lil with the crowd. haha. but felt safe with the people who was wid me. crowd was amazing tho 🙂

Feels like a Fellini movie set.

87. emmegirl said

Abrra, I’ve been watching AI7 too and Imagine 3, that one still gets me.

“Feels like a Fellini movie set.” LOL!!!

88. jackryan4DA said

ABBRA #84 – well I did warn you, tee-hee 😉

Hello!

Pabuckie…what do they mean celebrityish? Nonesense!

Abrra…Hadn’t heard or seen the new Charice song, she did seem a little nervous. Nice to know David is out and about and not all work he’s earned it, clubbing one minute and having ice cream the next, just like David…lol

This coming week he’ll be in LA! Hoping for video of anything with David in it!

90. emmegirl said

David Archuleta, quite the pot-stirrer! lol

91. emmegirl said

oops, forgot to mention, thought I remembered Eli tweeting about Charice before.

@elogothetis

He does. RT @IamtheMunchkin: Does @elogothetis drum for Charice now?? whoa. ..

Eli is making a very nice career for himself. Good for him.

92. silverfox said

Today has really been very interesting…Didn’t know if I should say anything but here goes…

It made me sad to see all the hand wringing by some for no reason and the obvious happiness by others at the thought of David’s so called “rebellion”. IMO, David simply went to a club last night to support Charice. I doubt David thought beforehand about what anyone would think about him going to that particular club. I doubt he had an ulterior motive like “proving he is a grown man and is doing what he wants to do & to heck with whoever doesn’t like it”. I think the only thing on his mind was to go support his friend who supported him with a duet on his CFTH album. Actually, come to think of it, it’s not for me or anyone else to say one way or the other what David was thinking or the choices he makes. I hope David doesn’t feel he has to explain anything to anyone. David certainly owes his fans no explanations. That’s what being his fan “unconditionally” means and that is what I am. The only thing I would like from David is the same thing he’s given me so far & that is that he continues to be The Voice and so far there is no other like David. I’m a lifer! 🙂

BTW, I’m good at ducking tomatoes as I’ve done it before so have at it. :LOL:

Hope David had a good day today. Tomorrow is another early workday for me, so good night all. For David…

Dear Lord,

Please take care of David. Watch over him and protect him from all harm.
    Separate David from those who have agendas other than for his well being.
    Give him rest when he’s weary and stamina to sustain his hectic pace.
    Give him assurance when he feels doubt and give him joy when he feels sad.
    Keep him always in your protective arms during this time on his journey.
    And please Lord, give us, his fans, the wisdom to do right by David.
    Help us in the way we support David so that it’s always in his best interests.
    Though we may be unworthy, we humbly pray. Amen

Sweet Dreams everyone!

SF, No tomatoes here…He did tweet today about all the nonsense. I choose to ignore it because you are right he doesn’t owe us explanations. This needs to be repeated…

“The only thing I would like from David is the same thing he’s given me so far & that is that he continues to be The Voice and so far there is no other like David. I’m a lifer! :)”

And thank you so much for the prayer these last few days!!!

94. silverfox said

This is crazy! Just a couple of seconds after I submitted my last comment, I got David’s tweets on my phone. How weird is that!

So sad David felt the need to take the time on his usual tweetless SUNDAY no less, to set things straight. I hope he NEVER feels he has to explain himself to us again.

Good night all.

Nothing like “The Riddle” to end the day:

Nice to see David tends his garden himself.

Having observed the shenanigans today by “fans” of all stripe,I will say he stepped up in a way like he has not done in the past. To break his silent Sunday to explain how he was there to support his friend was nothing less than chivalrous. He threw water on the flames of speculation by saying he would not intentionally get into things like that (assuming he meant gay bars).

I felt for Charice that her management put her in that situation.The video in #86 shows hardly anyone even paying her performance any respect. David must have been a huge comfort to have along in her posse.