Let the Voting Begin!!!

Posted by djafan on Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thanks to everyone who submitted names for our new 24/7 video chat room.  The response was tremendous!   There were so many great suggestions, it was really hard to come up with a top 3.  But come up we did and they have surfaced below.  Surfaced below?  As David would say, that’s an oxymoron.  LOL!  Anyway, cast your vote for the name you think best suits the chat room for The Voice.  Personally, we think they’re all good, but only one can win!   The voting will end at midnight EST and the winner will be announced Friday morning.

Ready…Set…Vote!!

31 Responses to “Let the Voting Begin!!!”

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to help us out with a name. I am looking forward to getting started with uploading as soon as the polls close!

Good Morning! Yay for chat!

If you haven’t seen David’s latest tweet…

@davidarchie Wow, watching the news this morning about the Haiti earthquake. Don’t be afraid to help out in any way you can! Help make a difference!

Here are some links where you can donate.

RedCross.org: In the US, text “Haiti” to 90999 to make a $10 donation which will be billed to your mobile phone bill. In Canada, text “Haiti” to 45678 to make the same donation. The Red Cross has just pledged $10 million to relief.

UNICEF: Donate money through this link.

Yele.com: YELE was started by musician and Haitian native, Wyclef Jean. There are several options for donation through this organization. You can text “Yele” to 501501, which will donate $5 through your cell phone bill. Or by clicking on the link, you can donate a higher amount.

Americares.org: Americares sends “medicines, medical supplies and aid to people in crisis around the world.” Click the link to donate.

Bringing this over from the last post:

munkmusic said
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM

HI! coming out of lurkdom! WOW! David is doing such great things! Doesn’t it just want to make you do a little better, or help someone out….and his voice just fills up the soul! He is the greatest!

Been thinkin some more about the chat room….What do you think about “THE ZONE” ? It seems that that is where David goes when he sings and that is where we will go to chat…..is that corny or what?

Munk: It’s not corny and I agree; David goes somewhere when he sings, but we’ve already narrowed it down the above three. Have you voted yet?

Yaaay! 40 votes already! I do adore voting.

Abrra – I really liked Justin Williams. Liked his cover of Crush. Liked his audition. I immediately wondered aloud to my hubby if he he knew David. Sure enough, the next day I saw a pic of the two of them together in a recording studio, David wearing his Tulsa T-shirt. Taken maybe when he was recording the first cd? Does anyone know?

Let me clear this up. Yes, there are 40 votes but I only voted once!
    (yes, that was a poor imitation of David’s Hallmark channel tweet!)

While we’re waiting. la-de-da…
    Photobucket

Did you vote yet? hmmmmmm?

GUH! That picture is such a bribe!

8. xaris said

Voted! I respond to bribery.

Abrra, that big butterfly had to go. Looked like Mothra. lol

Its ok 😉 SB woulda showed up with her net. You saved her a trip.

Pausing for a station break…

Breaking News!

Rumor has it that a familiar face was seen in the voting line today at TheVoice.

I wonder which one he chose.

David ….go to link to view the rest with his family in Honduras!

Dja…Hey, the pictures are great…So good to be in touch with him through pictures..

SB…You’re right…so nice to see him.

This is posted on a Guatemala site…make sure to watch to the end.

17. silverfox said

Whoa! The votes are pretty close between two names. I have MY favorite! I voted! And so have a lot of others! 😀

18. silverfox said

Temps in San Pedro Sula, Honduras where David is, range from low 60’s late at night to the high 80’s in the daytime. So why is David wearing a jacket AND a scarf?? I just don’t get it! 😆

He is so pretty though. 😀

Hey SF..he is pretty cute!

Newspaper article…says is working on two albums this year…what?????

Photobucket

Photobucket

22. silverfox said

Djafan, either they misunderstood what David said OR David is working simultaneously on the MUCH ANTICIPATED Spanish album as well as his next pop album. 😀

I kinda think they misunderstood…But wouldn’t it be great!

Gee, not many AI alums, winners & non-winners, have released three albums, especially not within 2 yrs after their stint on AI! David seems to be going at warp speed! Even though it may not be fast enough for us! I believe David has very good reasons for trying to accomplish as much as he can in so short a time. It’s very hard work but the rewards & the fame allow David to do what he’s doing right now. It’s never been about the fame or what the money can buy for him, but what it allows him to do. Yes, he not only talks the talk, he walks the walk. He’s an enigmatic, magnificent performer, and a chameleon on stage. But off stage, he is as real as they come and an inspiration.

Oh, and he is fine looking. 🙂

23. emmegirl said

SF, in pic#13 it looks like Lupe is wearing a hat, a scarf and a light jacket! haha!

Thanks dja…..
    I am now respazzing watching David sing In This Moment. I’ve watched it 4 times tonight. What he does with an uninspired lyric is magic. Twenty months later, it still holds some kind of power over me!

25. archiesfan4life said

Betsy #24 – I am so glad to know I am not alone in my obsession for that song – I find myself going back and watching it so often, even after all this time – what is it about that song???

Archiesfan4life,

“What is it about that song???”

I think it’s the fierce intensity and the growls, (4, yes, I have counted) and then he suddenly goes all soft and tender with that “I Yiii Yiiiiii, want to stay…”

27. silverfox said

Good night all! And for David,

Dear lord,

Please take care of David.
    Watch over him, protect him from all harm.
    Cloak him with your love and give him the strength to endure all that is thrown in his path.
    Give David the courage and guidance to say no to those who ask for more than he can reasonably give.
    Surround David with loving and supportive people who love him unconditionally as we, his devoted Archangels do.
    Separate David from those who have agendas other than for his well being.
    Give him rest when he feels weary.
    Give him stamina to sustain his hectic pace.
    Give him assurance when he feels doubt.
    Give him joy when he feels sad and never allow David to feel alone or lonely.
    Give us the wisdom to always do right by David.
    Help us support David so that it’s always in his best interest.
    CLOAK DAVID IN YOUR PROTECTIVE ARMS AS HE JOURNEYS TO FAR AWAY PLACES DOING GOOD AND CHARITABLE WORKS.
    Keep David and his voice healthy & strong as he fulfills his Destiny which was written in his Book of Life before he was born.
    Though we may be unworthy Lord, we humbly pray. Amen

David, have a good & restful night’s sleep with sweet & happy dreams. Thank you for all you do and for who you are. HAVE A SAFE & ENJOYABLE TIME IN CENTRAL AMERICA. Keep with you all our love, support & prayers always. Contigo siempre! We will be with you always! TAKE CARE!

28. emmegirl said

“Oh. And that vein that bulges in his neck when he belts out the last triumphant note.”

(I secretly have immense like for the bulging neck vein.)

29. rapture said

I just want to say, “I love you all.”

Reading all of your posts just brings so much joy and light, and laughter.

30. seo said

Good Read. I’ll look forward to your next piece

31. First off nice webpage. Im not sure if it has been talked about, but when using Chrome I can never get the entire page to load without refreshing alot of times. Maybe just my computer. Appreciate your work