Civil Wars Officially Over

Posted by Angelica on Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The-Civil-Wars1

Says band member Joy Williams:

I am saddened and disappointed by the ending of this duo, to say the very least. JP is a tremendous musician, and I will always be grateful for the music we were able to create together. I sincerely hope that ‘You Are My Sunshine’ will be accepted as a token of my gratitude for every single person that has supported our duo throughout the years. I’m so thankful and my heart is full. Looking ahead, I’m excited to share the music that I am writing and recording in the midst of this difficult transition. I’ve loved being back in the studio, and have missed performing live. I look forward to seeing you soon.

And band member John Paul White adds:

I would like to express sincere thanks to all who were a part of the arc of The Civil Wars—from the beginning, to the end, and all points in between. My deep appreciation goes out to all who supported, disseminated, and enjoyed the music. Whatever shape or form the next chapter takes, thanks for being a large part of this one.

Having won four Grammys for Barton Hollow and their album The Civil Wars debuting in 2013 at NO. 1 on the Billboard 200, the war is over. What a sad day for music and for a friend and fan of David’s. Hopefully, Joy Williams will continue to make music and write, maybe even write and perform a duet with David. I think their voices would blend beautifully on a song. Best of luck to both Joy and John on their future endeavors. In their brief career as a duo, they exposed the lie that good music with meaningful, original lyrics and beautiful harmonies cannot succeed in an industry saturated with the banal, the vulgar, and the fraudulent.

63842fc6-4907-4b29-bf80-350cdc52cea6-460x276

28 Responses to “Civil Wars Officially Over”

Angelica,

“In their brief career as a duo, they exposed the lie that good music with meaningful, original lyrics and beautiful harmonies cannot succeed in an industry saturated with the banal, the vulgar, and the fraudulent.”

So true. Though their music wasn’t my cup of tea it proves there is an audience for it.

Gladys!!!! Is in Miami!!!! Let us know what you’re doing. As for the DVD and other David stuff I’ll check to see if any Miami stores carry it.

Although I’m not familiar with their music, I feel sad that The Civil Wars broke up before I got to know them. I love the music Joy created with David including “Nothing Else Better To Do”, “Waiting for Yesterday” and “My Kind of Perfect” (I know I left some songs out.) so I’m certain that I would like their music too. It’s weird but I think I will give The Civil Wars a chance now and visit them on YouTube.
    Angelica, thank you for this info.

Gladys, welcome to the U.S.A!!!

It is sad that they have broken up. What Angelica said is so true. There is an audience for good things. I like some of their songs, and do own some of them, but I’m not a real fan of most of it. The style isn’t what I’m really after. But, they did write good lyrics and music and I wish them both the best. I hope they both continue on with a musical career.

Gladys, have fun in the USA!!!!

Betsy, again, I’m so glad you are okay. ♥

Don’t know what their problem was exactly, but they were really good. Not surprised that they called it quits, having problems for the last yr or so. Also hoping that Joy and David will do a duet someday, Joy’s voice is also unique. I think their voices are very compatible!

I sure have loved the products of David and Joy collaborations. Love this.

Whoaaaa!!!!!! :D :D :D

credit junioraudio via Instagram

Dja??? Gladys??? What’s he saying??

Great find, MT!

dlaldfjadjfjljfajfjj jaljdfjfjafjajfaf <<<< translation (Sounds great!)

10. ray said

omg i got butterfiles lesten to that ,littlr snipt, now i cant, wait

Oh mercy, that voice, that language, that driving beat! I am  photo smileymaniaat_03060.gif And that’s just a snippet. Oh no. There’s more.

Thanks Tawna. <3
    I loved The Civil Wars' music. It's exactly my favorite kind. I'm glad it's been recorded so that we can always have it. :)

What is the above picture?????? What have I missed out on????
    Dear David, what is going on?
    p.s. I don't remember if I said this before, but I'll say it again if necessary. I'm home from the hospital, safe and sound. ;)
    p.p.s. My mind is scrambled.

Betsy,
    That must have been terrifying!! I am sooo glad you’re home and doing well. :)

The picture in Bebe’s comment is from the instagram link in #8. Check it out! You won’t be sorry. :)

Betsy! Glad you’re doing better. There’s no place like home.

#8 Thanks MT

Its a great clip! I can see the ocean surf of Costa Rica when I close my eyes and listen :)

Betsy

When I read your comment on the previous thread about your accident it was the saddest/happiest thing I have read in a long time. I have no doubt that you had Angels protecting you. I am sorry that your dear Robert was not able to be you, afterward. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Gladys
    Welcome to the USA!
    I emailed you the information for purchasing Called To Serve.

Regarding The Civil Wars– I wonder why it was necessary to announce what was already common knowledge 2 years ago?

Betsy, I forgot to say that if you lost any of the CD’s I sent you, I will replace them. I don’t have a functioning printer to put a pretty picture on them, but they will have the same songs.

Gladys,
    Welcome to the U.S.!! Hope you have a fabulous time here!

hahahaha Guys!!! I can’t stop listening to that clip!! I need help!

Betsy,

You don’t know good it is to see you here!!!

Regarding the snippet, if that’s Spanish pop, we are in deep trouble!

Been a fan of Enrique’s Spanish pop for a looong time and the snippet reminds me of his song, “Bailando”, in terms of the beat. .

Abrra, because now it is official and every media outlet in the world has picked up the story. Their fans held out hope for a reconciliation but not happening.

OK Thanks Angelica. I didn’t get why they didn’t make it official back in 2012. I took it to mean it was over back then.

Abs, when we left the hospital, we drove over to the tow yard so I could grab my suitcase. I saw the Begin cd sitting on top of a bag of cherries so I grabbed both. I know there is also a case in there with my other cds inside, hopefully we’ll get those in the next coupla days. I HAVE to, he signed one of them to me. ;)

Also, LOVE the new spanish stuff!

Well that was a delicious little snippet. EEEYIKES!! oooh man,yes ,we are in trouble (but can’t wait for the whole troubling enchilada!)

Betsy♥seeing you here and knowing you are home makes me smile! Glad you are getting your David music back!

Thanks for posting about The Civil Wars Angelica. I remember watching them when they were on the Tonite show with Leno,singing Barton Hollow, had a wonderful audience response and took off flying from there.Its a shame they are gone now,but enjoyed listening to them,they were so good.
    Never saw them live though,but wanted to.Joy has a gorgeous voice.
    She and David in a duet,now that would be amazing.

Gladys♥ welcome to the USA!

24. Betsy, I know the scrambled feeling. I did the same thing one night and it took awhile to get back to myself. Wasn’t permitted to drive for a year following the GMals. When I read and came to the end of a line my eyes would go back to the first of it again like an old typewriter.

Do you have any other injuries? Lots of rest required!

I was not a fan of the type of music of the “Civil Wars” but they were well respected by many. We used to always say with David, when one door closes another opens.

I couldn’t get the snippet to play for me!!

SB, thanks, yes. I have 2 compression fractures in my back. But I am basically fine.
    BUT LOOK WHAT I JUST SAW!!

David is all over Vine.

David inspires!

This girl is with the The One Voice Children’s Choir. They are competing on America’s Got Talent on NBC. It’s live from Radio City Music Hall in NYC.

Go here https://vine.co/v/M9lPW0KTnQJ to see a Vine clip of David singing Bridge Over Troubled Water at the choir’s rehearsal.

Sara Goldberg @goldberg_sara · 33m
    Amazing having @davidarchie at out nbcagt rehearsal!! #nosleeptilradiocity #roadtoradiocity… http://instagram.com/p/rYGjLrkVNO/

Sara Goldberg @goldberg_sara · 31m
    Looking forward to hopefully meeting @miguel_dakota for @nbcagt!! Make sure you watch for me and @1VoiceChildrens every Tuesday&wednesday

Sara Goldberg @goldberg_sara · 40m
    Thanks so much @DavidArchie for answering our questions and for the advice and support! We love you!!

The Archuleta is a chick magnet!

MarthaPB @mlpb3
    Awesome Pic! @DavidArchie with children at #nbcagt rehearsal @1VoiceChildrens twitpic.com/e9n5ui/full

One Voice Children’s ‏@1VoiceChildrens
    @DavidArchie from @AmericanIdol surprised choir kids at rehearsal today! They were soo excited! #nosleeptilradiocity

New post —————————————————–>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>