Merry Christmas from The Voice ~ David Archuleta

Posted by Angelica on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

dawi12

sm_xbells09

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

I thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along the unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.

And in despair I bowed my head:
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

Till, ringing singing, on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime, a chant sublime,
Of peace on earth, good will to men!

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~

sm_xbells09

From we at The Voice to all of you,
Not one Smilebox this year but two-
For every year he’s been away,
Ring out the bells,
Ring in DA.

Click to play this Smilebox greeting

Click to play this Smilebox greeting

72 Responses to “Merry Christmas from The Voice ~ David Archuleta”

Lovely poem and Smilebox art Angelica!

photo 154_zps3a43525b.jpg

Happy Holidays to all my friends!

2. cq#DA2014 said

Merry Christmas to everyone here at The Voice.

3. dayzee said

Such breathtaking artwork Angelica. Thank you. No better gift for our group here than a gorgeous sampling of David. And David gave us a task that he knew would make us happy: do something nice for someone else. Works every time. He is so wise in all the important things of life. Merry Christmas to all

4. Merry Christmas Eve to everyone here at The Voice!!! Angelica your artwork is breathtaking as Dayzee said :) Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!!

5. I said

Merry Christmas!!!

6. TXNancy said

An especially beautiful post, Angelica! The picture at the top and the artwork on the Smileboxes……exquisite!!!
    To everyone here at The Voice, may your Christmas be filled with love, joy, and peace.
    I feel this is perfect for our Christmas Eve………..

Beautiful, Angelica, just beautiful.

Was so surprised when I opened my front door Sunday and my steps and driveway had the snow shoveled off. Guess it was Santa’s elf, but I have a young bachelor up the street that owns a snow plow, so who knows!! :)

Have a Blessed Christmas everyone! Love you all. ♥

#DA2014

Bringing over treats from the last thread.

MT said:

Our Last Christmas Without David!!!!

Our last Christmas flying solo
    While our Rudolph has been away
    Next year this time, to all our joy
    He will be leading the sleigh

He’ll lead us all to wondrous days
    Of songs and laughter and cheer
    To concerts and shows across the globe
    By Christmastime next year

So raise your glass, the waiting is past
    We’ll no longer hold vigil alone
    The candle we’ll snuff, the cat will relax
    David Archuleta will soon be home :)

:) :) #DA2014 is just around the corner. :) :)

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wonderful Christmas! ♥

Djafan said:

Heard from Gladys!!!!

She asked me to post this. (I did a quick translation)
    Saturday Icould not attend to the devotional as I had planned but I think that this happened for a reason. I had everything ready for the event in Talca on Sunday 22, which started at 7 in the afternoon.
    It was a 3 hour trip from Santiago de Chile to Talca, but every minute was worth it. As usual David was sensational.
    I was sitting in the third row, opposite the pulpit, perfect view and the head of that Church knew we all went there for “the archuleta”. He told us “sisters, there is a new rule now, all women to sit back pews”. I was gathering my stuff to go to the back when he smiled and said,”it’s a joke, I now you all come for the “the archuleta”.
    As always he came in with the choir. He sang (I hope to remember everything) Noche De Luz, ahhh seeing David in front of you singing that song is something that cannot be described. Then he sang a Hawaiin Christmas song “Mele Kalikimaka”. This was funny, David did a Duet with another elder and the song was sung in English, except that small part of the title. They started by addressing the head of the stake as he is from Hawaii. He said they would like to dedicate this song as they put on a lei and sang the song. But before they started singing David approached the head of stake and asked him pronounce the title hahahahahah.

(it is the same song that they sing at the devotional at the Temple grounds with a young lady dancing Hawaiian).
    He also sang “Mary Did You Know”. He explained that that song was very important to him, that his mother was very important in his life. He said he wondered what the Virgin Mary felt (and david touched his stomach) when carrying Jesus in her womb.
    Last he sang “Little Drummer Boy” but somewhat more slowly but with a surprising ending.
    Then the church leader who made the joke spoke and said, “this rule of no applause and we all die with desire to applaud for elder archuleta and everyone laughs.”
    It stared as fast as it ended I could not give the chocolates to David, so they sit on my table for Christmas, there will be rich chocolates this year.
    Merry Christmas girls, Merry Christmas David, Merry Christmas to all.

I apologize if I’m forgetting some songs but I was so close, watching and listening to David, that I forget that why I was there.

Gladys

***************

Abrra said :

Something really special if you click the link!

Music Box: Christmas Cheer With David Archuleta
    December 23, 2013
    “…So, for years I promised David’s fans to post this performance, and this was the year I decided it was time to share the whole performance of that song. David, Jim and I spent about 10-15 minutes together laughing and enjoying our post-performance, limited time together (missing here is when David offered to help me clean up the mess that Jim made when, during the opening of David singing and at the end of the interview, he threw cotton balls into the air from his Santa bag. Perhaps next year I’ll post the whole thing and not be too concerned at how fat I was at the time.)”

photo 5ddebe80-f22c-4fc9-958a-50575845ff2d_zpse3109af1.jpg

I waved my wand !
    MP3

[audio src="http://www.mediafire.com/download/u0r4cqr6g42fs32/david-archuleta-%28JambaJim%29oh-holy-night.mp3" /]

MP4

[video src="http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ooromfdj2ptwdu/david-archuleta-o-holy-night%28JambaJim%29.mp4" /]

Thank you, Angelica for the “above and beyond” beautiful artwork. Thank you, thank you.
    Abrra… you just put the loveliest of presents in our Christmas stockings.

Sometimes, I think you are a secret “good fairy” in disguise … just smiling and rewarding us for minding our selves. ^_^

Merry Christmas. And God Bless Us, Everyone!

Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate today!!!!

This is our last Christmas without the physical David here, can you believe it?! We’ve been so blessed with our Spanish Christmas EP :) It sounds wonderful in the car.

11. funfee said

Merry Christmas to all my Voice friends!! Don’t know what I would have done without you guys! Xx

Merry Christmas Eve,
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to You All!
    Simply beautiful post Angelica
    ♥Feliz Navidad David♥

13. goodkarmaseeker said

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I love you all.
    Thanks for keeping the candle burning for all this time. Only 90-some days left. Hooray!!

Merry Christmas to everyone here! The artwork and music are just what I needed tonight. What a wonderful thought to think about how soon it will be until David is home. God bless us with the patience to allow him the time he needs to find himself and renew his life with his family. ♥

Dayzee… thinking of you tonight ♥♥♥

EEEEEEKKKK!! We have been waiting for this!!
    @DavidArchie
    Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

David Archuleta

Folder with MP3 & MP4

He just never lets us down, does he?! And even a song! Thanks Abrra for getting that up.

Scream caps right???

photo 159_zps1000bb4f.jpg

photo 158_zps0f259fe4.jpg

photo 157_zpsad348dbe.jpg

18. stenocruiser said

Thanks for this, Abrra! Oh my, this couldn’t have come at a better time! God bless you, David, for always thinking of your fans. Feliz Navidad! All the best of the holidays to everyone!

19. LouLou said

Merry Christmas to everyone !!

20. TXNancy said

David’s video and now this……..full HD version of the Christmas pageant on the Temple grounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PRAYER is at the 1 hour mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!

Concierto de Navidad en la Manzana del Templo de Santiago
    Christmas Concert at the Chile Santiago Temple Square
    Alejandro Angulo

Oh, David, you are just the best! This is why you were worth waiting for! ♥ Thank you for giving us a gift again. Just what I needed just about right now. Have a Blessed Christmas, David!

I don’t have a Spanish Christmas cd. :( My desk top is froze up and I can’t print from my laptop! Can’t wait to have it. I want to share it with my David fans at work too.

From the last post…Hi there Sky, waving back at ya! :) Yes, I’m on here late almost every night as I’m a night person…have trouble getting to sleep.

#DA2014

TXNancy #20 Thanks for posting the official concert. I am working on making the MP3 of The Prayer.

Here it is:
    The Prayer (best audio)

[audio src="http://www.mediafire.com/download/txl3qucqaky4hng/The+Prayer+DavidArchuleta+RebeccaLopez+2013.mp3" /]

Thanks Angelica, for the wonderful Christmas post and your artwork and smileboxes. :)

Dja,
    Thanks for translating Gladys’ message and bringing the video of the song he sang. I would LOVE to have seen/heard him sing that! Gladys has certainly had some great musical treats from David while he’s been in Chile. :) And I like that the head of the church has such a great sense of humor. “The Archuleta” LOLOL

Aww you are so good to us. Many thanks for the “sweet treats” from your candy jar. Love the screen caps too!

David,
    What can I say? We miss you David, and this is a perfect example of why you are different than all the others.

It amazes me that he thought about us and planned so far ahead for all occasions. Not just the voice (fabulous as it is), but so much more about him makes him so special.

Just a few more days and it will be his birthday! And then New Years! Woo Hoo!

Had a wonderful Christmas Eve today with family.♥ Wishing you all the same!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!

20…watched the whole thing again. I actually missed the beginning when I watched it on livestream. I love that Rebecca sang “Mary’s Boy Child” in Spanish. It’s one of my favorites and I have it by the original singers in English and play it a lot! :) David still takes my breath, even when he sings in Spanish and can’t understand him! :)

#DA2014 These videos sure are helping the days roll on by! :)

It doesn’t feel like Christmas without David but the new video he left is so appreciated. How thoughtful that he cares enough to leave us something in the second year of his mission. I agree with you, Tawna, when you said “He just never lets us down…”

Wishing you a joyous Christmas with friends and loved ones close to you.

David, the gift that keeps on giving. He really thought out his absence from us and planned, boy did he plan.

The Prayer…that is all.

Don’t forget trending the 27 & 28!!

Happy Birthday David Archuleta * Feliz Cumpleanos David Archuleta (we’ll trend both!)

27. Jeffrey said

Merry Christmas to everyone out there! Please don’t forget why we are celebrating this SPECIAL day! Enjoy the day and God bless. :)

- Just watched David greeting us all! And hearing him sing again makes me feelvery hopeful this coming 2014! I just can’t wait. #TheFirstNoel

28. ascphil said

Merry Christmas to everyone here at The Voice! How wonderful to visit this site with the lovely artwork and smilebox c/o Angelica. Impressive as always! Then to read Gladys’s experience at the Talca Devotional, wow! Followed by a link to the full concert which I’ve watched three times the day it was streamed. I can’t wait to watch it again!

Thank you so much for the mp3 of The Prayer, Abrra! I just had to blast it on repeat because it is just so apt for the day! And to top it all off, a Christmas vlog from the man himself! David is the most thoughtful person in the world! Our Christmas is so complete! Next celebration is the 28th! Then DA2014 is just around the corner. Wheeeee!!!

Btw. Welcome back, Jeffrey! :)

It is a little too early here to listen to the videos. I can hardly wait to open them. Thanks people at The Voice for the special gifts I don’t even have to describe to you how much they mean to me.

“Merry Christmas” to everyone! I heard a message in a movie the other night when the fellow said to the girl that Christmas gives you new faith and new hope because when family and friends come together to celebrate and just be together, it is a new beginning.

Merry Christmas, all. ♥

31. mrJeff said

Thanks tita ascphil.

Merry Christmas everyone! Merry Christmas to you too David!
    Oh, the greetings vlog, the scream caps!
    The carol-ly Oh Holy Night!

I came to wish you all a Merry Christmas, but I see David has already taken care of that. Euphoria here. David is to thoughtful, always knowing what we need and caring enough to provide.

Every one here makes it all even more meaningful to me. Appreciation grows with sharing. I can’t imagine how I could possibly deserve to be part of this group, but you are all precious to me and I am grateful to be included. Actually, that is one of the things I admire about David. He includes and respects every one.

Ascphil, I loved the Wheeeee!! Great things are coming!

Merry Christmas morning to everyone! I hope your day is filled with much comfort and joy. Thank you for your warm wishes and thanks to David, for never, ever forgetting his fans. God bless and I love you all.  photo smilie_love_366.gif

Hi I! Long time no see you!

35. sweetonda said

Merry Christmas to everyone here at The Voice! May your day be joyous and the New Year bring much happiness!

36. refnaf said

MERRY CHRISTMAS Voice peeps!!! I may not be around much but I am in the background counting down till #DA2014 when I hope to meet up with ALL of you!! Huge ((((((hug))))s

37. Bubbly said

Merry Christmas everyone, may the New Year bring peace , health and a lot of good surprises (David !!!!!)

Love that so many fans are checking in for the holidays!

How about a nice David puzzle ?

Love the Puzzle, Abrra. :) My time: 7:51.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. ♥

For all the Bench Fix launch fans, Naree has posted 404 images ( 14 pages worth) on her SmugMug account.

Enjoy!

#40…. oh my, mamma mia! Remember when?!

And thanks for the puzzle, abrra :)

#40 Thanks for the link Abrra. 404 reasons to smile. :)

She must have a really good camera. Those hi-def pics are super clear, even enlarged. You can count his teeth in some of them. LOL and they eyes!!!

Very nice job by Naree. :)

*Pic 338* Interesting.

Happy Day After Christmas Everyone!!!!

Spent the day with tons of family with plenty of food and laughter. We gave my Dad (79) a new ipad! He loved it. David comes on when you least expect on his Pandora and he doesn’t change it :)

MT, I’ve seen that “look” in person, somebody caught his eye :)

Here is The Player lol I’m sure they meant Prayer. I love love David’s version here. I listened to Bocelli and Groban, nope just won’t do. David’s voice is so rich and textured, no one compares.

44. ROOSTER said

hi arrbra, this is rooster’s daughter he wanted me to tell you that he is in the hospital.

Thanks for letting us know. We will pray for him to get better and be home soon. Take care and give him a BIG HUG from all of his friends here at The Voice.

Hugs and prayers for Rooster. ♥

Sorry to hear about Rooster. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Had a great Christmas with part of the family. More will be coming in from TX Saturday and well have a big dinner Sunday. Hectic, but fun! :)

One of my best gifts was when my grandson found out what was wrong with my computer….the mouse died!! haha :) Used my wireless one and was able to download the Spanish music. So now I also have my cd of David’s Spanish music!! Whoo hoo!! ♥ Love it so much!

Going to watch the Bench Fix photos now. :)

#DA2014

48. angelofdja said

I thought I was having a pretty wonderful Christmas Holiday then I come here and find David has taken that wonderful to a whole new level! What glorious tone to his rich, chocolaty voice! I don’t give a hoot that I can’t understand one word he’s singing! Ay, ay,ay sooooooo good!
    Thank you to everyone who make this site such a pleasure. Abrra, you amaze me!Taking the time to bring every song David sings to us via your “candy Jar” is so appreciated!
    Gosh Angelica, I would not be able to post anywhere if it wasn’t for folks like you. You make us comfortable here. Cozy. Accepted. I thank you. ;-)
    I’ll add Rooster to my prayers this evening. As I pray for my family, friends, David, and all of you! God Bless everyone! #DA2014 (It’s almost here! WOOT! WOOT!)

I’m so sorry to hear about Rooster. Will add my prayers for him, too. Please tell him we’ll be thinking of him.

50. dayzee said

Sad news from Rooster’s daughter. Hope and pray things are getting better for him.

David has given us a great Christmas this year. Thanks to David and all the people who seem to know how important he is to us. So many who help get these jewels from Chile to me.

51. cq#DA2014 said

Oh my goodness, so sorry to get that sad news from Rooster’s daughter. I just hope that he uses that wonderful fighting spirit to get himself well once again. It will be a happy day when we see him post once again.

photo bf81e0b6-e49b-42a5-89da-5d4585521d05.jpg

I’m praying for you too. Love you, Ray.

53. emmegirl14 said

Ray, a hen house cannot be without it’s rooster – get well soooon!

Thanks Angelica for those smileboxes, they were both beautiful!

Oh gosh, looking at naree’s chickenhawk pics …..cooome on March 2014!!!!!

All 4 beautiful songs and HD video from the 3rd night of the 2013 Concierto Navidad in Chile.

poptellsme

MP3

[audio src="http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1lr25zxq8q7xst/2013Concierto+Navidad+Best+audio+4+songs+David+Archuleta.mp3" /]

MP4

[video src="http://www.mediafire.com/download/d77a3qh7zz9715b/2013Concierto++de+Navidad+Best+audio+4+songsHD+David+Archuleta.mp4" /]

photo 95_zps4ec76b2c.jpg

I put them in the Candy Jar. I am planning to remove the others that are not as good quality. If you want the other night’s performances in mp3 format, get them downloaded soon.

54. Anyone notice the little step he did at 9:30? haha Looks like he wanted to dance. ;)

Just wait, when he gets back we may be in for quite a few surprises. :o 8O :)

56. Jeffrey said

Aww. I had been worrying about Mr. Rooster these past few days and I don’t know why.

PLEASE inform Mr. Rooster that I got his package last December 16 and I really appreciated his generosity and kindness letting go of some his precious items for me. PLEASE GET WELL VERY SOOOON MR. RAY! :’(

Ray’s daughter thank you for letting us know! Praying for you Rooster!

I’ve created a Get Well group card to send to Ray. Go to the link to sign.

Thanks for making the Get Well card, Djafan. I signed it. I used an image of the Angel that Dakgal sent to me a couple of years ago. The Angel will watch over Ray :)

59. Jeffrey said

I already signed to it also.

I just love these dumb things I find. This one worked out for me. Try it? LOL!

photo 03b61d03-eed8-4f84-80ad-08c354bf1838_zpsb168ef1b.png

Don’t forget the trending party 7pm PST – 10pm EST tonight for David!

Happy Birthday David Archuleta

Twitter going nuts with the reminders. Hoping for a great turn out!

photo 23rdbday_zps01563d8c.jpg

Very sweet to make the card for Ray, I signed the second I saw it.

Abs, that shoe math is a wonder. It was dead on accurate. :)

63. emmegirl14 said

Goodness gracious, he saved the best for last! His voice, deep, rich velvety incredibleness! And watching him sing, a sight to behold.

64. emmegirl14 said

Abrra, muchos gracias!

65. emmegirl14 said

Still loving Mary Did You Know ….and with that beautiful guitar accompaniment.

You are most welcome Emmegirl.

I am geeking out tonight. Bought an iPad Mini (huge 64 GB storage) last night and while waiting for it to arrive, I am researching apps. They seem to be more sophisticated than iPhone apps. Have looked at a gagillion “25 best iPad apps” sites. LOL Having the iPad should take the pressure off my poor phone’s battery. The first video installed will be the one in #54. Sitting in Unplugged listening to it now. /le sigh His voice is just perfection.

67. emmegirl14 said

Abrra, wish I could join you, company coming tonight…..enjoy :)

goodness..gracious..great balls of fire!!! Abrra, thank you for the new downloads! Gorgeous sound and video quality. That scream-cap… I’ll take two please!

Thank you for the get-well card link. We need Ray back on his roost soon… prayers for him and his family.

Abrra, an iPad mini is coming closer to the top of my list of wants turning to a need :) … not so sure I need 64 GB though. Have fun with it :)

Off to Twitter >>>>>

#DA2014

Tawna

I went to the Apple refurbished store online and that was all they had with just the wifi. I don’t need the cellular version. I got a good deal, it was 419.00. With that much storage at regular price its over $600.00 normally.

8:35 pm — trending in SLC, UT!!!! :)

71. ROOSTER said

HI GUYS<ROOSTER HERE< it was nip and tuck forthe last six, days,but came back to that big smile,song and grreeating,from david and made the hell oi went throw today to get here well worth it,thanks for the payers all,just got out of the hos11.00 love you all ray

72. mrJeff said

Mr ray, ave you received my E-mail?