DAVID ARCHULETA ~ LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!

Posted by djafan on Thursday, March 28, 2013

nomatterhowfaralbumpic

Mckenzie did an awesome job highlighting David’s accomplishments during  his first year away on his mission.  She does a great job of promoting David.  I saw this tweet and was blown away by this amazing labor of love.

McKenzie Harris ‏@McKenzieHarr21 Mar

Uploading my 30 min vid of career highlights of @DavidArchie March 2012-March 2013 tonight, “Popstar on A Mission”. Check it out @kariontour

On March 28, 2012, American Idol star and Platinum recording artist David Archuleta left on a 2 year Mormon mission.

In his absence, David’s team has successfully managed to keep his music career thriving by regularly releasing projects prepared before he left and by effectively harnessing the power of modern technology and social media to fully engage with fans around the work and to enlist their aid in keeping his name prominently in the public eye.

What David Archuleta and his team have accomplished this past year is something even fans doubted could be done. To an outsider looking in, David seems busier than ever before and certainly more busy than some artists actively pursuing their music careers. This is a testament to his incredible preparation before leaving, a marketing strategy effectively tailored to promote an artist not available to promote his work, and the undying support of one of the most committed fanbases in the world.

This video is a record of the remarkable and unprecedented year in David Archuleta’s career AFTER he left on his mission. Here are the highlights of what David and his team accomplished:

Released 4 CDs
Earned 1 Gold CD
Earned a #28 Debut on Billboard 200 (His 4th Top 30 CD)
Released 4 Music Videos
Earned multiple chart topping singles
Starred in an Ad campaign for Bench clothing
Released 14 new videos on his YouTube Channel
Added 320,000 Twitter Followers
Inspired 37 World Wide Twitter Trends
Added over a Million Facebook Friends
Preparing to release DVD of Nandito Ako – the miniseries he filmed just before leaving.

Pick up David Archuleta’s New CD, “No Matter How Far” out March 26, 2013 and released by E1Music. Available on ITunes, Amazon, Walmart etc.

Request his debut single “Don’t Run Away” at your radio stations.

The songs in the video are:

Forevermore and Tell Me from David Archuleta’s CDs “No Matter How Far” and “Forevermore” released by Ivory Music and Video.

Nothing Else Better to Do from David Archuleta’s CD “No Matter How Far” released by E1Music.

Somewhere Only We Know from David Archuleta’s CD “Begin.” released by Highway Records.

Rainbow (Remix) from David Archuleta’s CD Forevermore, Expanded Edition released by Ivory Music and Video

Follow David Archuleta on Twitter @DavidArchie

Like David Archuleta on Facebook

Follow David’s manager Kari Sellards on Twitter @kariontour

Follow me on Twitter @mckenzieharr

Please retweet this video to support David Archuleta

Let the countdown begin!

45 Responses to “DAVID ARCHULETA ~ LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!”

Good post, DJA! Glad to see it now and that I’m really not nuts! :) lol Love that video…David has done so much for us! THis year should fly by, I’m sure he has more “eggs in his basket”! And I can’t wait to see what “color” they are! :) I know I sound like a broken record, but he is just the best!

#2014!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mspoohbear said

Now we see it…now we don’t…now we see it again… So Jan’s and I are not going nuts! LOL!
    I really love this video. It’s a labor of love. It makes me cry. It makes me miss David more. It also makes me proud of a person who’s becoming a legend on his own right for all the accomplishments he has achieved while away on a mission.
    Thanks David for loving us back. Thanks to the Archie Team and fans who undyingly support David. Love, love, love is everywhere in the “House of David”.

Angelica sent me this video to add to Unplugged. I will post it here at The Voice today because it’s timely.

Monica Anderson·

Abrra 365 days left, baby!

4. kaycee said

What a great video…and an amazing reminder of all that David has done for us this pat year.

One year to go! Happy “Hump Day”, David! May it be a great year for you and all of us!

Dja,
    Great post! I’ll have to come back when I have more time to view the whole video, but looking at the list of all he has done since he’s been gone is really amazing. To think that there was some worry after the announcement and after he left that he may change his mind and decide that a career in music is not what he wants anymore by the time he returns. Well, all you have to do is look at the preparation he made to know that he will most definitely be back. That just makes my heart smile. ♥ :)

We made a promise to be here when he returns and he’s returning the favor by giving us lots to keep us going. He’s done everything he could think of to help us keep that promise and let us know it will be worth the wait. He really is one of a kind.

I’m not sure who planned all this out, who’s idea it was, but it was genius!

6. rooster said

MT me thinks that genius was DAVID ARCHULETA

Just watched the video at #3. Here at my desk. Hope no one needs anything from me for a while. Gee whiz, what ever happened to those warning labels we used to get.

8. Wow Dja, thanks for the great post! What a “labor of love” McKensie’s video is,you are so right!
    A great reminder of all David has done for his fans this past year, to insure we were not neglected during his 2 year absence♥ another great”labor of love”

Abs,
    “We can add McKenzie’s video to a growing museum of fan made artifacts relating to David. Well done!”
    (that museum must be huge!)

okay, that video at #3,just kilt me.
    The words to that song! jsfkjfhajkjfhakjsfjffjh!
    (**reminder to self** )saturday night…Unplugged… bring box of tissue.

dayzee! I KNOW!

OMGosh! #3 video is something else! I agree with you Dayzee! And while watching it with this big smile on my face, there’s David on the side bar smiling back at me! Good thing we only have a yr to go, I’m kinda going bonkers! :) Will be a welcome sight on Unplugged! Who is the singer?

Rooster, I totally agree! :)

#2014

Jan

The video maker did not indicate the song or the singer in her description. I don’t have a clue about either.

That’s Rascal Flatts singing their song “Forever” in the video in comment #3.

Forever

Ooo Ha-hey oh-oh-aah
    I miss you so much
    Your light, your smile, your way,
    And everything about us

Though you’re gone, you’re still here
    In my heart, in my tears
    Yeah you sure left your mark
    And we were just getting started

[Chorus]
    It wasn’t long,
    It wasn’t long enough… together
    But it was long enough,
    Yeah, it was long enough
    To last forever…

Sometimes I get so mad;
    I scream and swear at this
    Cuz’ this, isn’t
    How we planned it

I sit here, in a cold room, prayin’
    Waiting on you
    To run back through that door,
    The way it was before

[Chorus]
    You left, it wasn’t long enough,
    It wasn’t long enough… together
    But it was long enough;
    Yeah it was long enough
    To last, forever…

I feel Cheated
    (I feel Cheated),
    Defeated
    (can’t believe it)

Can’t believe that you’re gone
    (your gone, your gone)
    Oh it was wrong
    (so wrong)

It wasn’t long enough
    It wasn’t long enough,
    It wasn’t long enough…
    No it wasn’t long enough,
    It wasn’t long enough together
    (Together)

But it was long enough;
    Yeah it was long enough, to last,
    To last, to last forever…

(It wasn’t long enough)
    (It wasn’t long enough)
    (It wasn’t long enough)
    No it wasn’t long enough…

(It wasn’t long enough)
    (It wasn’t long enough)
    (It wasn’t long enough)
    No it wasn’t long enough…

(It wasn’t long enough)
    (It wasn’t long enough)
    (It wasn’t long enough)
    No it wasn’t long enough…

Whoa-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-ooo-oo

13. stenocruiser said

It seems the song is called “Forever” by Rascal Flatts. It certainly is beautiful and so is that video.

14. stenocruiser said

Oh, sorry, I see Bebe already posted the information. Maybe I can ask that you please remove my post? Thanks !

Thanks, Bebe and Steno! I knew that the song sounded familiar. :) Rascal Flatts are really good and it’s a perfect song!

I’m so excited for the official countdown of the days and the counter we will have on the right sidebar near the months!!! Abs 365 days FTW!

Mackenzie did a great outline of all that David has accomplished. When you put it together like that, it’s hard to fathom one person being so busy while preparing to leave on a mission.

Steno,

I’m leaving your post up. Thanks for finding the info, too!

Hello All!!! I see some caught me haha

One year down One year to go!!! Anyone burning any ties???

I’m so grateful for all David’s done for us and love Mckenzie’s highlights video! I’m also so excited for what’s to come!!

Love the new COUNTDOWN at the end of the article!!!

20. funfee said

Loving all this and that VIDEO!!! OMG those pics were stunning! ONE YEAR TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. marlie7 said

That video by McKenzie is fabulous! I want to send the link to Bob Lefsetz – he’s always bemoaning young singers who don’t know how to use social media, maintain a fanbase or (hehe) sing. He needs to get his head into this! He probably won’t comment, though, because he has a bias against American Idol.

22. Mckenzie Harris said

Thanks for posting my video! So glad everyone likes it. Please feel free to retweet it or share it with others.

Marlie7, you should send it to Bob. I tweeted the video to a to a number of media outlets a few ago saying that it showed how David Archuleta used social media to sustain music career during Mormon mission. That is pretty incredible and shows the power of social media in 2013. Unfortunately, nobody picked up on it. I think Archies all know what an incredible year David had. It would be nice if non-fans did. May even help his career by generating some buzz amongst general public.

23. marlie7 said

McKenzie – I did send a letter and the link to Bob. That video is amazing and I thank you for sharing it with us!

Mckenzie, Welcome to The Voice!

photo 99_zps0da8086b.gif

I appreciate the time, effort and dedication you put into making this video. David’s fans are simply the BEST :)

Abrra 364 days baby!

25. gladys1961 said

I’m glad I’ve learned to do new things with my PC.
    I’ve learned to capture images of the videos of David. There is an image that I have mentioned many times.
    I feel that this picture haunts me.

photo 48_zps59c58302.jpg

In May 2008, at age 17, David had a star on the chest and another in his head.

Gladys, I can understand why that picture would haunt you. David and his mystical glow and/or light show.

A great documentary by McKenzie of David’s accomplishments while absent. No matter where he is, no matter what is happening, he is still connected with his followers. I really feel he realizes how much we need him and what a difference he has made for so many. Thanks to all who help keep these things available and appreciated. If anyone deserves our support it is that fellow I see grinning on the sidebar.

Dja,
    Thanks again for the great post. I finally had time to watch the whole video. :)

Welcome Mckenzie!
    You did a fabulous job on the video! It’s an incredible documentary of his accomplishments this past year. I can’t imagine the hours of work involved! It really is amazing to see it put together like that.

I can’t say thanks enough to David and his team and all of his supporters/fans for everything we’ve gotten over the last year. We really are lucky fans.

Rooster, I totally agree with you, David Archuleta is the genius :)

Mckenzie, Thanks for stopping by!!! I can’t tell you enough what a wonderful job highlighting David’s accomplishments. I hope that somehow someone will catch the unique and amazing history that is being written as we speak by David Archuleta, Elder Archuleta and his dedicated fans. What a story!

Marlie, let us know if Lefsetz responds.

David is currently #121 on itunes and Crystal at #67. Grab one from itunes or anywhere else available if you haven’t yet.

MT, Where here for the long haul, thanks for keeping me company :)

Abrra, Those fan videos are also part of that history in the making. I don’t believe there is a more video’d and photographed person than David out there.

Gladys, that is something. Star over and on a star hmmmm.

Dayzee, We are truly in a surreal journey and truly lucky.

I tried to find a sidebar one that counted days that would work but no luck. I did find several that work in the main area article. Can you guys see the countdown timer?

Djafan

I can see the countdown clock. I’d like it to be permanently placed at the very bottom of every article until he comes marching home :)

Gladys

I am going to add your screen capture picture to the sidebar when I update it very soon.

30. Mckenzie Harris said

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I do lurk here often lol! It’s great. I especially love Gladys’ reports from David’s performances in Chile.

31. gladys1961 said

Mckenzie

Thanks, I welcome to you, as the girls welcomed me, 5 years ago. This is a beautiful place.

32. rooster said

they say the body is 70%water,well if this outpouring of love keeps up i will be a dryed up old fart before he gets back just love it all LOL

33. Hi Mckenzie! welcome! Your video really is amazing I hope David sees it one day.:))

Gladys♥, love that picture of David you posted, it will look lovely in the sidebar, Abrra.

Love having a countdown clock here Dja!♥

32 rooster! HAHAHAHAHA!

McKenzie,

Welcome to The Voice!

Glad that you have lurked here often and are now commenting! As the fanbase widens, our online family becomes bigger so we get so excited to have new commenters!

Your video is a real inspiration to the fanbase. Thank you for all the work it took to complete.

That’s the plan; to put the COUNTDOWN at the end of every article until David comes marching home again. Hurrah!

♫♪I just love that countdown clock!♪♫ :)

Speaking of museum pieces, I am stilling in Unplugged watching Idol videos when this came on the screen

photo 49_zps63d77c96.jpg

Look closely in the background. That is the TV that David watched Les Miserables and began his love of music. He is the right age as shown here dancing with his older sister, Claudia.

Hmmm what else can go into the David Archuleta Music Museum?

Dja, thanks for the countdown post. We are literally down to months now!

Mckenzie, welcome to The Voice! Come and join us in our little waiting room anytime. We are planning on adding an Intensive Care Unit when the time for his arrival draws near. Thank you so much for the amazing chronicle of a year in the life of one amazing young man and artist. I hope it gets seen by as many folks as possible, especially in the industry. Our guy is no slacker, that’s for sure! He told us he was building a foundation and I’m beginning to see it emerge as one that is firm and far-reaching. Have to agree with Rooster-aka-Ray-aka-dried up old fart, (lol) …”me thinks that genius was DAVID ARCHULETA.”

39. gladys1961 said

I beg your pardon, I’m banging my head against a wall with my hands on my chest, but I can not resist to this picture.

photo 5f7eb5e3-d30a-4468-9fdf-9c3210e3dbc5_zpsba1656d1.jpg

40. McKenzie, You already know how much I love and appreciate the Video but I’ll say it again……………..Thank You so much!!

Gladys, Thinking of you today and wishing you safe travels and a wonderful time. :) I see you are ready :)

Happy Easter to all at The Voice Love the Countdown Clock !!

41. emmegirl14 said

McKenzie, wow, yes, a labor of love! Thank you so much for that incredible video recap of the year. Even though I am totally aware of everything he has done this past year, it blew my mind seeing it compiled together like that!

Just watched #3 video, sure tugs at the heartstrings.

Love the countdown clock and watching every second that ticks off :)

42. mlpb3 said

Love the video by McKenzie – Its great to have all our memories in one video. Great for a keepsake! Can’t wait for Year 2! By the way, David will be home for Easter next year; Easter’s April 20, 2014!

Unplugged42812 photo Unplugged42812.jpg

Click to go http://www.livestream.com/thevoiceunplugged

Gladys, can’t blame ya! :) Safe travels and hope to hear some good David news.

I love watching that time just ticking away! :)

Mlpb3, that is some good news! Also I seen on FB the other day that the month of March, 2013 had 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays! It only happens every 800 years! For some reason that makes it sound longer even though it wasn’t..still 31 days! Monday we can take another month off of the chart! :)

Gladys, Safe travels! Pensando en ti.

Happy to see you guys like the countdown clock. It will be up everyday on every post :)

Martha, It will be here before we know it. I was reading that with the change of age you can begin your mission missionaries are being sent home before the exact two years, could be as early as January. Wouldn’t that be awesome?!

Awwww from Team Archie.

David Archuleta ‏@DavidArchie 1m

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter! (Team Archie)https://twitter.com/DavidArchie/status/318140838947467264/photo/1