David Archuleta and the Blues

ByRebecca-DeltaFairMusicFestivalMemphis-September12th37

Credit ByRebecca-DeltaFair-Memphis

Gone on a Mission Blues

I got that David Archuleta

Gone on a mission blues.

I got that David Archuleta

He been gone on a mission blues.

And if he don’t get back here soon,

I’ll just keep doin what I do.

I wake up in the morning with his voice inside my head,

I play his music all day long and then I FALL back into bed.

I got that David Archuleta

Gone on a mission blues.

Got that David Archuleta

He been gone too long on a mission blues, yeah.

And if he don’t get back here soon,

I’ll just keep doin what I do.

Most every Saturday night I’m in The Voice Unplugged Cafe

I watch whatever Abrra plays cause it don’t MATTER anyway.

I got that David Archuleta

Gone on a mission blues.

I got that David Archuleta

Gone on a mission blues.

And if he don’t get back here soon,

I’ll just keep doin what I do.

I’m saving all my money till he gets back home again.

Cuz if he don’t come where I am, I’ll just HAVE to go to him.

I got that David Archuleta

Gone on a mission blues.

I got that David Archuleta

He been gone too long on a mission blues.

And if he don’t get back here soon,

I’ll just keep right on doin what I mostly do.

◊◊◊

I guess I was singing the blues in my sleep the other night, because when I woke up those lyrics sprang fully formed in my head. I got up and wrote the words down like I was taking dictation. Maybe it’s because I’m missing him or because I was walking in Memphis this past weekend. The last time I saw Beale Street was at night, but this time, in broad daylight, it felt different. No loud music from every establishment we passed, just the occasional musician singing and strumming quietly on his guitar. Gone were the bright lights and the swarming crowds jostling you on the sidewalks. We could actually see the sidewalk now, the famous Beale Streets Brass Note Walk of Fame and read the names of the great ones of the Blues: BB King, Elvis Presley, Sam Phillips, Jerry Lee Lewis, Memphis Slim and on and on. I took a picture of the street that day photo(6)

and was surprised by a huge statue of Elvis I had overlooked before in the dark.

photo(5)

Looking up at it, I remembered David at the Delta Fest in Memphis, saying “Thank you very much,” after each song until he laughed at himself for doing it. There is a spirit to Memphis and a spirit to the Blues that feels like nothing else. The music claws deep into your soul, unearthing feelings that are raw and real.

I want David to sing the blues sometimes. He has the gift and a passion to bring what is dark into the light. Think of “Falling” and “Broken,” both written by him. And there is pain even amidst the joy in the songs he wrote for The Other Side of Down and those he chose for Begin. As an artist he is an old soul of tremendous empathy and unfathomable depths.

“Musically, he was like an old man in a boy’s skin.” ― Eric Clapton on Steve Winwood, age 15.

“For me there is something primitively soothing about this music, and it went straight to my nervous system, making me feel ten feet tall.”― Eric Clapton

Credit Abrra

In this next vid, check out 2:17 and 2:27-2:37

Credit Abermudes

“Crazy. I dabbled in things like Howlin’ Wolf, Cream and Led Zeppelin, but when I heard Son House and Robert Johnson, it blew my mind. It was something I’d been missing my whole life. That music made me discard everything else and just get down to the soul and honesty of the blues.”

― Jack White

And here is the whole performance on video.

◊◊◊

Most blues artists play the guitar but not all. Whether on guitar, or like Ray Charles on piano, the blues is limited only by the soul that can hold it, like Son House, in just his hands. Here is Ray Charles on piano with the incomparable BB King on guitar performing, “Sinner’s Prayer.”’

68 Responses to “David Archuleta and the Blues”

Angelica! Love your post, as usual; it is just so witty and informative! :) Great little poem about the blues! ♥ I just love hearing David sing the “blues” or “soul”. Another way for him to grab my heart and not let go! He is just crazy with “Crazy” and it was so awesome to be able to hear him sing in live at my first VIP! And that howl is something else!! Oh David, you have it all!!! I’ll say it again: I can’t wait to see what you have become! #2014!!!!!!!
    Actually, Jack White is my grandson’s favorite singer. He’s ok, but not David.
    Been to Memphis and Graceland a few times and planning on going to Nashville again in a few months. Fun places. Visited Tupelo where Elvis was born about 6 yrs ago. It was fun too. Soul and the blues will always be around, it is such great music. ♥

2. marlie7 said

Angelica – I just LOVE me some blues! David could certainly make some bluesy tunes for us. Hoping!

Congratulations Argentina! You are the second largest catholic population in the world. He is the first Jesuit Pope. Pope Francis, a simple, kind man they say not interested in riches. Hey Gladys, you have the Olympics, the Pope and David. He sounds like a sweet person like David. He speaks Spanish of course. He cares about the youth. In Argentina he travelled by bus so people who wanted to see him could. So good for the Latinos! Hey, he is from one of the America’s. St. Francis of Assisi was all about humility. Hopefully this will add to improvement in the world overall. I am not of the catholic faith but I hope to see changes in the world.

He wants a big brotherhood. Sound familiar?

Oh that I could wake up with an article this good in my head! /JEALOUS :)

First the picture of David singing his heart out. Then, I not only read the lyrics you created, I sang them as I read along. Ha! The song is an anthem for all fans who miss him every day.

“I wake up in the morning with his voice inside my head,

I play his music all day long and then I FALL back into bed.”

Ain’t that the truth??

Thank you for sharing the pictures of Memphis sights. I had never seen that Elvis statue. Very cool!

141 photo 141.jpg
    scream cap

Just marking time until we can get back to our David routine.

Abrra 380 days

I will enjoy the new article tonight when this day is done. Right now I am working and only have time to listen while I work.

Angelica, Thank you.

I love your David mission blues. We sure miss this young man. I love the picture up top. I love the Crazy video, I was there. David made my hair stand on end with his out of this world vocals. He gave me a high five as he walked out as I was sitting in the front row, wow the memories. Sunny and Gina Orr were there.

Almost ready for the one year countdown.

Poof, I watch the announcement video routinely, I love and admire him more with each watch ♥

A Latino Pope. Curious to see the changes David encounters upon his return.

I want to hear him sing What A Wonderful World. Gladys I’m jealous :)

lol at David saying I’m not Elvis after so many thank yous.

Le sigh…..

7. Thanks Angelica. Enjoyed your post!! The lyrics and song selections. Yes, I’ve got the David “blues” and also thought of David’s “Works For Me” in Reno and “Waiting on The World To Change” In Beaver Creek(The final song of his American Tour)

Just now while watching Idol and this guy sat on the steps, I couldn’t help but think of David’s ” Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.”

Thought of you today Gladys when the Pope was selected from Argentina. WOW!

haha Angelica, love the poem. The “David Archuleta, gone on a mission blues” Yes, that’s exactly what we’ve got!

But I must say, it would be a lot harder without all of you guys. Chats on Tuesday and Saturday really help. We have lots of fun and lots of David. haha What great company!!

Angelica:
    Welcome Back!
    Your vacation sounds like a great time was had!
    Haha I think the whole fanbase has The David Archuleta Gone On A Mission Blues! I started singing your song as if I had already known it! I was anxiously waiting for any pictures from Memphis and girl did you deliver! What I wanted to see was exactly what you showed, the streets as you walked by. The Elvis statue is so cool!

Which reminds me that I have started watching a new TV show called ‘Nashville” on ABC this season. The music is really good, very bluesy and colorful. I watched some of the backstage behind the scenes footage and it turns out that some of the songwriters for the show are people who David has worked with including Hillary Lindsey and Chris DeStefano. I remember the names because of my Songwriters’ Series. :)

Wow, I just watched some of AI. Now THAT made me miss David.

MT

I enjoyed it for the most part. My fav’s are Devin Velez, Burnell Taylor and Candice Glover. I don’t get all the fuss over Lazaro Arbos. He is a weak singer so far, IMHO.

I enjoyed Candice. She has quite a voice and she uses it pretty well. I didn’t think Burnell was as good as he was last week, but was still good. I like him. I missed Devin’s performance but I liked him last week. I did see Angela Miller and Kree. I like both of them, too. I don’t have a clear favorite yet.

I will admit that David has spoiled me. While I like a few of them, I felt that most of them left me wanting to pull the notes out of them. Their voices just never quite “went there” if you know what I mean. You know, like David’s does. And I’m not really a fan of Lazaro either. He’s sweet, but the voice just isn’t what it should be to be in the top 10.

Hubby likes to watch it and wants me to watch with him so I do. I enjoy it, but I’m not invested like I was in season 7 when you know who was on the show. :)

It makes me miss him.

Djafan….I am curious to know of any changes that South America incurs while he is away this upcoming year. I didn’t realize that the number of Catholics in SA is the second highest number in the world. All very interesting history that may make that noticeable turn towards helping the less fortunate.

14. marlie7 said

MT – I’m watching this year, too. Agree with all you said. I missed the first guy – did he sing When You Believe? I have to go find the youtube of that and see if he attributed the performance to David.

Missing “our David.” No one quite measures up, do they?

Marlie,
    I checked on MJs. He sang “I Believe” by Fantasia. They have all the performance videos on the site if you missed any and want to check them out.

16. pocoelsy said

Hello Angelica

What a lovely article and poem, love it. How nice for you to wake up with those poem in your head and you share with us :). I love me some Blue from David, oh well he can sing anything and everything sounds heavenly, haha not evern bias !!!.

Love the Crazy vid above, sexyy voice there !!
    Oh love the qoute from Eric Clapton …that one can apply to our David too :)

17. gladys1961 said

I was watching the videos of the season 7 (abrra sent me those jewels). I noticed something, when David singing heaven, the next song was You Raise Me Up.
    I always see signs in the most unusual places.

I know a very beautiful story, but I’ll adapt to David.

David asks God, why you left me alone? I’m walking alone.

God tells David, you never walk alone, I am always with you.

David, I do not see your footprints on my side, I only see mine.

God: -the footprints that you see, they’re not yours, they are mine. I’m taking you in my arms.

That’s how I feel every time I see it, someone special protecting him.

18. gladys1961 said

7-Heidijoy.

Thank you very much, was a surprise announcement, we are very proud. The new Pope is a good man, very simple and very austere. I’ve seen several times taking public transportation or going to the poorest neighborhoods.
    I have great faith that he will bring fresh air to the Catholic religion. It’s what we all need.

19. collegemom said

Gladys – I was very excited and happy to see that the new Pope is from Buenos Aires and he took the name Francis and since I live near San Francisco, California, and people are excited that he took that name. I thought of you when they made the announcement!

Angelica, how can you wake up with a new song in your head? I want what you have lol. I loved it. :)
    Now I have Walking in Memphis in my head. Another great song.

Gladys, the first thing I thought of was you when Pope Francis was announced. I had to google him. I actually read that he takes public transportation and visits the poorest sections. He’s very much into pastoral care. I like this. (Also, I just read that he woke this morning and went to his hotel to retrieve his luggage and pay his hotel bill lol)

And another thing. I f anyone here received an email from me with the subject line as Hot Copy, don’t open it. it wasn’t from me. :(
    I’ve changed my password, but may change my email altogether.

22. THANKFUL THURSDAY

Thankful …….for David…….for his heart of gold ……for his beautiful music……for his strength of character……for his vision……for his selflessness……for his kindness and goodness ……for his caring……for his work ethic…..for his positive joyful spirit……for his engaging smile…..for him keeping it REAL…..for him following his dreams…..for his ever present inspiration …..and for helping to change and rearrange the lives of so many in a positive way.

BECAUSE OF DAVID …..The David Archuleta Music Scholarship was created by loving fans…..and has succeeded because of such loving and giving fans. THANK YOU all for keeping this great scholarship in David’s name going for our 4th year. It is such a great way to pay tribute to David…..and help young music students follow their dreams. This is truly a gift from fans to David for all he has given to us. Even though David is away….his heartprint is still being felt.

Gladys, I too thought of you when they announced the new Pope. He does appear to be a great, humble man, and does remind me of another great, humble man named David. He would probably argue the fact, but to us he is. Maybe not as high a caliber of the Pope, but great, none the less! :) Francis is my dad’s name. Although not a Pope, he also was a great man to me! :)

A few side notes….if you want time to go by faster, go check a book out at the library! Seems like the 3 weeks just speed by! haha :)
    Also, I love March Madness because I am a big Kansas Jayhawks fan and the next one we will be counting the days for David’s return!!!

It’s almost the halfway mark…..#2014!! I think I’m missing me some David!!! :)

Betsy, haven’t heard of that one yet, but thanks for the heads up! Why on earth do people do these stupid things!! Unbelievable!! :(

Loving the blues song Angelica posted. It is no fun having the blues if you can’t sing about them. It just seems to me that David’s blues would be happy blues.

This season I have been recording the AI shows, then pretty much just fast forwarding through them. Cannot seem to get invested in any of the contestants. But I did find myself pausing to listen and watch Keith Urban. Never having been a country fan I did not know him at all. He seems so “nice”. And so “musically knowledgeable” And then I noticed he would “sprinkle his comments with bits and pieces of songs as he talked”. And has anyone else noticed “the neck”. I think he is my favorite part of this season.

Djafan, I am also jealous of Gladys hearing David sing What a Wonderful World. If I had one wish for David singing a song, that would be it.

Dayzee,
    I’m in full agreement about Keith Urban. He is a cutie pie and I love to listen to him talk, and sing those little bits. (Yep, kinda reminds me of David.) He seems to have a very sweet personality. I like when the camera moves to him during performances because he has really cute mannerisms. He’s my favorite part, too. I really enjoy him on the show.

Does he have a nice neck, Dayzee? haha I’ll have to check that out. ;)

Milky Lais ‏@milkyology
    Archies!! WWTT Party on March 25 @ 7pm Utah time. Topic: #NoMatterHowFarDavidArchuleta. Join in. Help spread news. (via @TreppLogan)

Sears!

28. emmegirl14 said

Angelica, now those are some woeful blues, I can totally relate. It is starting to feel like forever. That waking up and going to sleep with his voice in your head must be a standard symptom of the “mission blues.”

My all-time favorite Crazy, it makes me feel weak in the stomach, in a good way.

Heidijoy, thanks for the reminder of the Reno Works For Me, we were all craaaazy ourselves after that!

I have 2 favorite Crazy’s, no I just thought of a 3rd, but Dja, your idol viewing party is one of them. I remember that vividly.
    MT & Dayzee, I love Keith Urban. He’s so cute. I still watch his Stupid Boy live version sometimes. :)
    Emmegirl, <3
    Jan, those virus people are crazy. Why would they do it? Ugh.
    Not watching Idol this year, I can't get into it.
    But I AM still addicted to Project Runway. Not that it has anything to do with anything but still. :)

30. emmegirl14 said

I forgot to add….
    “I want David to sing the blues sometimes. He has the gift and a passion to bring what is dark into the light…..As an artist he is an old soul of tremendous empathy and unfathomable depths.” ….YES, YES, YES, YES, YES! (and it could also begin the utter and complete undoing of me.)

Hola Betsy, I don’t watch, but my sister is hooked BIGtime on Project Runway. :)

Dayzee,

I never noticed Keith Urban’s neck but I do know that he’s an accomplished musician. Here’s a good example of what Keith can with a song about a painful breakup.
    You’ll Think of Me

His singing doesn’t start until about 1:00 and as the song goes on the angst increases and by the end well…you have to see it yourself. {…I ain’t never coming home, you shouldn’t have treated me that way!..”

Dayzee, I think Keith Urban is great too!! It’s so cute how tickled he gets when the contestant is doing a good job! :) I am a country fan and he’s one of my favorites.

Bebe, thanks for posting that video of Keith! He reminds me of someone else I know…bettter in concert than on cd! Loved it!

Spring has sprung here today and I got into washing curtains, windows and blinds! Boy, I’m tired! But winter is coming back over the wkend here! Bah! But, I guess that means I can quit the spring cleaning! hahaha

Bebe,
    Thanks for the Keith Urban video. I’ve always liked his voice and his songs but have never watched him perform.That was a great performance. He really meant it, didn’t he! I just might have to check out a few more videos. He could be my temporary distraction to take my mind off the “Missing David Archuleta Blues.” lol He’s not bad to look at either. :)

PS, Dayzee, I checked the neck. LOL Not bad!

PPS Nice jawline. ;)

But have no fear, David will always be my number uno. ♥

Bebe! Thank you so much. I had never heard Keith Urban sing before. I really liked it. How thoughtful of you to post that.

MT “David will always be my number uno.” I like Keith, but he is in no way a replacement. It’s just that he has some attributes that I have come to appreciate. Haha.

Oh, and Jan, wanted to tell you that quote of yours in the upper corner makes me smile every day. :)

Dayzee, same here, Keith is one of my favorites, but my #1, all time, favorite will always be David James Archuleta!!!!!!! :) And thanks for the shout out on my quote! Glad to oblige! It makes me smile too! :)

37. Angelica, I’m feelin it! You go girl, tellin’ it like it is… there sure ain’t no blues like the “Gone on a Mission Blues”!! ♫
    If I could only sing my feelings, I would “Howl” like David does in that video. So primal, the sounds that come out of him,,,
    and Crazy….genius,Every time he sings it.
    Imagine him ‘singing the blues” along with some of that wailing and humming…kjhfkjakkjakkjsdaw!

Bebe,I like that video♥
    Dayzee, lol heading back to check the neck.:))

I really like Keith Urban.nothing phony baloney about him.

Gladys, I thought of you too♥ when the new Pope was announced!
    Jan, my brothers ‘middle name’ is Francis,(named after my Uncle Francis.) :)))

Up late as usual. I knew you guys would understand my blues song even though I don’t really feel sad. Like I said, I’ll just keep doing what I do. I want the time to go by but time has a way of doing just that. I have a feeling the next year is going to go whoosh! =; I heard it through the grapevine he has lost his English accent when speaking Spanish. Another year and we will all be daid listening to those soft consonants roll off his tongue without any hesitation. Let’s all just take a moment of silence and think about that for a minute.

photo FunnyCat-013.jpg

Works for me! Speaking of, did someone mention this as an example of bluesy David?

The David Archuleta Music Scholarship has a special announcement for today.

TGIFF!

photo dams.jpg

Thank Goodness It’s $5 Friday!!!

Starting today, we will be having our “Thank Goodness It’s $5 Friday” campaign.

“A LITTLE from a lot, makes a BIG difference

“…this is how we can ALL make a difference,

as this is a great opportunity for fans to “pay it forward” to David.

Thank you!

DAVID FANS UNITE

Please check out our website!

@DAScholarship on twitter

________________________________________________________________

Admin edit: $5 is a small thing but what a great thing it can bring to pass in a young person’s dreams. We need to encourage the youth and the arts as much as possible and continue this wonderful scholarship and legacy in his name.

photo Fullscreencapture3122013103742AMbmp-1.jpg

40. Thanks for adding “Works For Me” Also highly recommend “Waiting On The World To Change” @ Beaver Creek. Sorry not saavy enough to add myself.

Loving the trips down Memory Lane.
    :) Gladys Your welcome. I see many thought of you!!

David Archuleta hablando en espanol y cantando en espanol ♥

Heidijoy, I love this!

David Archuleta gone on a mission blues – we’ve all got it bad.
    David singing the blues! I could listen to that all day, every day!
    #31 Wow, I want to hear David sing something like that.
    I don’t know about the neck, but that hair looks like it has a life of its own when he flicks it back. Now what if David had hair like that????, but always freshly shampooed and shiny of course. lol

43. thank Djafan:) Great Memories of David groovin’

44. marlie7 said

djafan – you and I must be tumbling in the same vortex. I played that video last night several times while cruising through youtube. I just LOVE that.

45. emmegirl14 said

#41 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jans, MT, dayzee, sky and fen,

You’re welcome! Keith Urban doesn’t hold a candle to our David in terms of vocals and I know nothing of his character but he sure put a lot of passion into that song! Besides being a judge on Idol this year, I know two other things about him. He’s married to Nicole Kidman and he’s from Australia. Do I have the desire to follow him? Nope.

Angelica,

Holy smokes! It’s that contortionist cat again!

Uh….Fenfan, the picture you put in my head of David doing that hair flip with long hair is more than I can process. Sending out an sos

Bebe,
    I don’t plan on following Keith Urban either, unless maybe I run into him in a parking lot somewhere or something. haha Then I might follow him for just a little while. ;)

(JK)

Angelica
    That video in 38. He doesn’t even need words, does he?. ♥ And David singing Spanish? mmmmm…

And that cat!!! hahaha

Dja
    #41, That video … the part starting at 2:56. That part just kills me every time, no matter how many times I rewind it. So natural and so so good. Even after 5 years, his talent and versatility still amaze me.

50. #28 Emmegirl Your welcome. Yes we all went crazy after that performance of Works For Me and I was there for my very first concert to witness it.(Thanks to Angelica for posting the MGR #38)
    Also saw your !!!!!!!!!!!!!! re: “Waiting On The World Change” in Beaver Creek. That was the last concert I was at of David’s in the USA. (Djafan posted it for me in #41)

Those were the first two songs I thought of after Angelica’s Post!! Nice to see they are favorites of others too!!!

Angelica, that is the bluesy song I always think of when we talk about David singing the blues! Also, the Mr Confidence video in Wichita! :)

That cat is unreal! haha. Contortionist is right!

I would never follow Keith either or anyone else. I just listen to country when I’m not listening to David, so I hear Keith’s songs. Country stations treat their singers better than the pop stations. Can’t stand any besides David and they don’t play him.

Love jamming David and Jeff! ♥

Sorry, Dayzee, no help here! I’m having my own problems! haha :)

Marlie,

I also get lost in this bluesy vortex lol

How about this for some preparation for the Spanish singing??

Been on YouTube today, in one vortex after another and in an out of different artist’s performance videos. Some of them are even enjoyable. But there is nobody who makes me feel a song and understand the lyrics the way David does. Some of these artists have been around for decades and have traveled the world and developed all kinds of experience. They put all they have into their performances but when it comes right down to it, nobody measures up to David. That’s why I’m still here. :)

54. emmegirl14 said

bebe, was thinking the same thing – Keith Urban is 45 years old, lots of life experience to draw from.
    To think David is a mere 22 years old and can move me the way he does, can only imagine in 5,10,15 years. Another reason why I think he will become more and more successful in coming years.

55. emmegirl14 said

dayzee, LOL!

Bebe,

“Angelica,
    Holy smokes! It’s that contortionist cat again!
    And I see that your espanol has mucho improved! Pero I must keep my trusty Google Translator handy to decipher your words.”

Haha! No, my espanol has not improved. I can speak David though and used Google translator to change it to Spanish. :) Here is the English version.

Hi, it’s David here, I just want to tell you all how great it is to be back and thanks for waiting and all the support! Can’t wait to start making music again and I’m already working on the Spanish album! Well, see you later and hope to see you all soon on tour!

Love the videos being posted, especially #41! There were so many I thought of but had to narrow it down to a couple. Here’s 2 more I had in mind that show off his soulful/bluesy gift for feeling the music and just running with it.

Credit tinabeebop

Credit tinabeebop

56. Angelica,
    LOVE those two videos!!

And her comments are and absolute WIN! Including the last one, “Angelica made me do it.” LOL

I am in Unplugged watching Favorites videos for a bit. Come join me if you like. :)

Abrra 378 days

I had never seen this. Boy he freaked out security and all for his “fans”. Nope I’m not going anywhere. I’m here for the long haul, waiting.

Dja, love that vid. Had never seen it before. He is the best!

MT, I had forgotten that Tina put that at the end of her mgr till I posted it tonight. Had a good laugh. Miss her and hope she is doing better every day. That’s Beebee from PlanetHunkerdown on the sidebar.

#59…Love it! It reminds me when we were in AZ and David came out and high fived everyone running down the long line of people waiting for him! :)

Dayzee, how selfish of me! Sorry…Here you ask for help and I’m just thinking of myself! haha Take my life line, we’re in this together! :) We are all in this for the long haul!

I’m listening to David’s auditions and cleaning out some kitchen cabinets…the good and bad of life I guess! As David would say, at least I have cabinets to clean out! :)

The Sounds of David event info…I’m going :)

Pam Pike 10:04am Mar 16
    The Sounds of David
    2 minutes ago
    The Sounds of David Luncheon and Fan mixer only has a few tickets left for April 6, 2013! We will be closing our tickets sales no later than March 21, 2013. Please come and join us for a action filled day with lots of entertainment and fun activities.
    We will start registering guests at 11:30 am so please be early as we have a few surprises in store for you!

All tickets will be given to paid guests at registration desk with your guest badges, free raffle tickets and table seating.

Luncheon attire: Dressy Casual

Our after party will start at 7:30 pm at the poolside terrace!

After party attire: Casual

Those wishing to use pool please feel free to do so during the party as the pool is open till 11:00 pm, food is open till 10:00pm.

For those guest flying into John Wayne Airport you are only 10 minutes away. The Hotel suggest a taxi over a shuttle as it would be less expensive.

Please feel free to contact us with any further information you may require.

Love this exchange :)

Tianna #DA2014 ‏@TiannaWinston
    @kariontour Hey Kari. Have you’ve been talking to David on the phone lately or recently? How is he?

6 Mar Kari Sellards ‏@kariontour
    @TiannaWinston is he is really well! Do not speak to him on the phone but we chat weekly

6 Mar Tianna #DA2014 ‏@TiannaWinston
    @kariontour That’s great to hear that he’s doing really well. Awesome! The next time you guys chat, can you please tell him we miss him?

6 Mar Kari Sellards ‏@kariontour
    @TiannaWinston every week I remind him and many I am sure have told him in the letter he gets that I send to him!

6 Mar Tianna #DA2014 ‏@TiannaWinston
    @kariontour Awww! Thanks Kari for telling David about us and updating us about him while he’s away. We appreciate it a lot!

Make sure you send David his mail!!!!

Tina #DA2014❤ ‏@ArchieTina
    @kariontour please continue to thank David for the many wonderful things he left for us…so grateful!!

27 Feb Kari Sellards ‏@kariontour
    @ArchieTina I will and you can too if you send him a note to his Po Box

Amanda Archuleta :) ‏@AmandaAArchie
    @kariontour Kari will David still have his fan mail address when he comes back?

15 Mar Kari Sellards ‏@kariontour
    @AmandaAArchie as long as he has mail coming in he will have it. I think it will be around for a ver long time!

Fan Mail address;

eOne Music ‏@E1Music

New preorder David Archuleta @Davidarchie – No Matter How Far on @iTunesMusic » http://ow.ly/j2OKc

And;

amazon

sears

target

kmart

deseret book

best buy

barnes and noble

walmart

wowhd

View View View

I think I’ve gone over the edge. Been watching missionary homecomings for the past hour. Is it 2014 yet?

Dja… :) ! I’m with you, come on 2014! :)

So far, I’ve ordered 6 albums..2 each from Amazon, Best Buy and Sears. Hope that Walmart has the physical hard copy to buy so I don’t have to wait for them to be delivered!
    Also, I’ve sent him a St. Pats and Easter card. And just sent him “Kansas” postcard in honor of his half way mark! Hope he doesn’t think I’m stalking him! haha :) Just want him to know that he’s loved!! ♥ And that we miss him! That’s what I tell him, and that we love and miss him. And I’m always thanking him for what he does. I don’t use the same exact words every time, usually the cards I send him has the right words. :)

Good to hear from Kari again! :)

photo 15_zps7f1ab37c.jpg

Click the link to go http://www.livestream.com/thevoiceunplugged

Abrra 377 days