Random Deep Thoughts From David Archuleta

Posted by Abrra on Sunday, January 20, 2013

davidarchuleta-34

It’s starting to look like an Archu-drought for the first time in a long time. When  the word came back that Elder Archuleta wanted us to focus less on him and more on our own commitments, it was not a problem for me.  The biggest joy in my life is helping with this fan site. I don’t know if I could sit on the sidelines. Being a super fan is my commitment of choice. It is a therapeutic exercise, I might even say a challenge, to find things to write about while he is away.

Lately I have been missing @DavidArchie’s tweets. We do get updates on his music releases and surprise pictures from his manager’s camera, but it’s just not the same vibe. There is nothing like hearing from the man, himself. David has a way of sharing his experiences. Sharing his zest for life that makes us feel as if we are standing beside him as he tweets. I long for the real thing, ya know what I mean?

@DavidArchie announced his leap to twitter on (drum roll) April 28, 2009.

David Archuleta Confirms Official Twitter

From Just Jared Jr fan site:
David shared, “I think it’s a great way to communicate with people and I get to respond to people sometimes. Just to let you know the random thoughts in my head…it’s fun that way. I know it doesn’t make sense a lot of times (laughs).”

Here is a clip from JoshSkinnerMusic’s interview with MTV’s Jim Cantiello about David Archuleta and Twitter.

He took to twitter in such an honest and natural manner, it makes us feel like he is talking to us-personally! I have said a few times that I bet we get a David tweet from the plane as he is landing back in Utah when his mission is done in 2014.

I remember when he made his announcement. One of the first things I did was copy his twitter timeline messages. Times were uncertain and I feared his account would close. I am glad now, because there is a whole year missing from the timeline as of today. I suppose there are space considerations and there is a cut off around April 2010. His twitter timeline is a history of his experiences with travel, concerts, fans, songwriting, food, and philosophy.

Many in show business use social media to promote only their own career happenings. He communicates with his fans which helps us stay connected. David feels inspired by other artists and uses his tweets to mention a concert he has attended or a new song he has enjoyed. Everyone benefits from hearing new music, right?

David with members of We the Kings

David with members of We the Kings

@DavidArchie 19 Jan 10
Here’s a song for the one who stole my heart, and ran so far that cupid couldn’t catch her – awesome We the Kings song!”

@DavidArchie 4 Feb 10
Awesome show by Owl City! Had good times.

@DavidArchie 16 Jun 11
Left t0tally inspired last night after watching @thecivilwars show. What a duo!

@DavidArchie 2 Feb 10
Woo hoo! RT @realbrookewhite Everyone lets go get it! RT: @CarlySmithson: Bury me alive just went live on iTunes !!!!!!!!

Often, he shares what is happening in the moment. We get a glimpse of daily life, just being himself. There is less of a feeling of separation when he shares the small and large events that make up his day. AT154
@DavidArchie 19 Jan 10
In the chair at the haircut place getting a haircut! Ah, refreshing!

@DavidArchie 8 Aug 10
Went on a really nice hike up a quiet trail. I need to do that a lot more often.

@DavidArchie 15 Mar 10
Changing the kitty litter box. Exciting, I know.

@DavidArchie 6 Oct 10
Warming up my voice in the car. Driver says “sounds like an alien spaceship.” Haha I guess it kinda does.

Responding to rumors! Oh how we fan the flames when David is seen near a young female. *GASP* We only want the best for him, right? 76-001

@DavidArchie 19 Feb 10
@OrganicArchie Haha! If I had one then maybe it’d be true! That was the Real soccer game I performed at and I was with my friends!

@DavidArchie 19 Feb 10
@OrganicArchie Oh man that was hilarious, I just showed my mom and sent it to that girl too! I guess we happened to be standing close huh?

Funny hijinks on airplanes! How interesting that he loves to ride roller coasters as long as they are not 20,000 feet off the ground. cdavid72

@DavidArchie 17 Mar 10
On the airplane… There are a lot of cheerleaders and volleyball players on board… Uh… lol.

@DavidArchie 17 Mar 10
Now running away from all the cheerleaders and volleyball players! Ahh!!

@DavidArchie 5 Feb 10
Oh my heck, this plane is TINY!! It only has 9 rows and has the propellers on it!

@DavidArchie 5 Feb 10
Well that was exciting. It was like a roller coaster ride, and only like 7 people on the plane.

@DavidArchie 11 Nov 10
15 hour flight tonight. No phone or computer for a whole day. Time to just do some thinking, pondering, and reading :)

What was it about learning to change the oil (or drive a stick shift) that caused much speculation by fans. I think we knew something was up? 5

@DavidArchie 29 Jul 11
Learning how to change the oil and spark plugs on the car. Taking a break eating some really good enchiladas though.

@DavidArchie 21 Jan 10
Sometimes I wish I could just wear the same thing every day. Cartoons do it. It’d make things a lot easier.

@DavidArchie 6 Apr 10
Back in LA. Nice to have sunny weather again. Practicing my Spanish with the driver! Haha. He’s really cool.

Ah the food tweets! David Archuleta possibly has the most varied taste in food of anyone I know. 75

@DavidArchie 9 Oct 10
At dinner there was a homecoming group & a girl turned & said “You look exactly like David Archuleta! You must get that a lot huh”

@DavidArchie 9 Oct 10
She later turned again & said “you’re cool too though, you don’t have to be David Archuleta to be cool.” Lol well thanks.

@DavidArchie 19 Oct 10
Looking at food magazines. Makes me wanna learn how to cook! It’d be cool to make your own food and add the flavors and stuff.

@DavidArchie 10 Nov 10
Just had a really good Brazillian organic granola acai bowl. Has kind of a long name.

@DavidArchie 26 Jan 10
In the studio working with @theMessengersNA . Had some Israeli food for lunch for my first time. it was good!

A few hair tweets! It looks like a party. Asking fans for advice is nothing new for David. cdavid36

@DavidArchie 24 Feb 10
I think it’s time for me to get a haircut today. thoughts or opinions?

@DavidArchie 24 Feb 10
@CaarlaaCaarteer Haha I know I don’t want to cut it too short. Just a trim so it doesn’t fall down and look like a bowl on my head.

@DavidArchie 24 Feb 10
@xoPaMxo96 Longerish? haha. I don’t know how to style it when it’s longerish though.

tumblr_lmsctj0uCn1qarsmbo1_500

@DavidArchie 24 Feb 10
Put up a new video blog! That way you can see why I’m trying to change how my hair looks lol

@DavidArchie 24 Feb 10
@lexeebel Oh I bet that would be really attractive… lol.

@DavidArchie 24 Feb 10
All right enough with the mohawks! lol

@DavidArchie 24 Feb 10
@xthe_truthx3 Oh man one time when I was 15 the haircut ladies forced me to put red highlights in my hair! Good thing you couldn’t tell!

@DavidArchie 6 Mar 10
I don’t think I can handle this no haircut thing for much longer.

@DavidArchie 16 Mar 10
@CarolinaGyrl00 no haircut yet. Idk what to do with it so just keeping the beanies on lol.

And last but not least, I will end his tweet feast, from the random to the deep.77
@DavidArchie 8 Mar 10
“Think of a car driving through the night. The headlights only go 100 to 200 ft. forward, and you can make it all the way from…

@DavidArchie 8 Mar 10
California to New York driving through the dark, because all you have to see is the next 200 feet. And that’s how life tends to..

@DavidArchie 8 Mar 10
Unfold before us. If we just trust that the next 200 ft. Will unfold after that, your life will keep unfolding, and eventually…

@DavidArchie 8 Mar 10
Get you to the destination of whatever it is you truly want…”

We wait patiently for the headlights in the distance that will deliver David Archuleta back to us safe and sound.

Note:

As of this writing, @DavidArchie has approximately 1,250,000 followers on Twitter. Despite a 2 year absence from his career, the number rises daily. He  continues to draw attention in the industry as well as attract new fans by releasing music and videos while he is away on a mission in Chile for the LDS Church.

“Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.”
― E.L. Doctorow

56 Responses to “Random Deep Thoughts From David Archuleta”

Thanks for the great post, Abbra! I have always loved reading David’s twitters even though I don’t twitter. I think we all agree with Jim Cantiello and that he “gets” David! That last twitter is so special. I miss him and his twitters. I looked forward to them every day. Whether it was something, funny, off the wall or very meaningful, it was a touch from David. :)

Yaaay! One of my favorite topics of all time. Perfect choice, abs. :) I LOVE THIS!
    His first tweet of all time was:
    “Is in Ohio” (That indoor amusement park meet the fans thing)
    I remember the fanbase was in a tizzy, trying to discover if it was really him, as there were a few fake accounts around then.

Here is a place you can go and read all of his tweets, see the discussions about who was following him (celebs lol) and who and when he followed others. He is VERY picky about who he follows!

Trivia: On April 22, 2009, he had 100 followers. On the 23rd he had 800. :)
    I remember this, it’s when I joined. And accidentally tweeted the President when I was only searching for his twitter account lol.

Abs – the music, the hair, the food, the traveling, his inspirations. Perfect. :)

3. goodkarmaseeker said

Thanks so much Abrra for this post. I love it. Have to admit that I’ve been feeling the “drought” lately and have been wondering how to make it through the next year +. Those last tweets from David about the highway of life are helpful as well as your “mission” to keep us all connected.

4. cq#DA2014 said

Thank you Abbra, great post.
    Aside from missing David’s voice and him working on his career, I miss those, oh so fun tweets….sigh…..wouldn’t it be lovely to get a (tweet like) message from David (via Kari) in 2013.

5. emmegirl14 said

This.
    This I miss.

Thanks so much for this. I had almost forgotten how random and wonderful his tweets were. So many real gems there! And his vlog where he confirms his twitter and says he’s getting on the twitter “wave” and does that little wave thing with his hand. *sigh* I miss his tweets and his video blogs.

He is the Johnny Appleseed of Joy, spreading it wherever he goes. :)

Emme,
    Me too. I miss it all.

Betsy,
    hahahahaha LOLing at tweeting the president by mistake.

7. Mspoohbear said

Thanks Abrra for this post. I love the tweets you posted. They’re random and funny thoughts or something happening at the moment. I love and thought it was really funny……the part about running away from the cheerleaders and volleyball players at the airport. I could imagine him being in the bunny suit running fast trying to get away from them. Hahaha!

8. mspoohbear said

P.S.
    Somehow, he really looks buff in the picture above. :)

9. marlie7 said

Abrra – this is great! I love David’s tweets and would love to see them compiled into a book! It could be called The Random Wisdom of @DavidArchie.

MT: The Johnny Appleseed of Joy! Perfect! LOL

10. ray said

comming to this site is like peeling onions some times,but won,t stop

11. bluesky said

What? No: “Hush, cats!” ??? or What about the time he got locked out of his house.

DA: random is your middle name. And making us all read deep messages into that randomness is your one and only game. No one does it like you do!!

Abrra – great article!!! Love what you did with this!

Ray – no. Do not ever stop. I love seeing you here!

Just breezin’ by peeps… lots of work. Love to ALL!

12. Loving seeing the tweets :) Really miss them. I guess he got his wish about being like the Cartoons and wearing the same thing all the time :)…and least for now.

Heidijoy,
    “I guess he got his wish about being like the Cartoons and wearing the same thing all the time.”

haha I hadn’t thought about that.

Thanks all for the comments today! I have to edit out the non David text from the files I have of his tweets. I will put them in the Candy Jar soon.

Betsy Where are his tweets in that link? I am blind :)

Heidijoy It shows that David had something on his mind, even then. I doubt clothes are a problem for him. Fans have dressed him for years haha!

4 years ago today, David sang at the Latino Inauguration Gala in Washington, DC. He looked very handsome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Abrra 432 days

Abs, it’s David’s idol forum twitter thread. The tweets are sandwiched in between tons of comments lol.
    I’m reading through it now. He just left for the UK to tour with McFly. Remember when he got there and went running and “about broke down”? The cold got to him. He had no money and I think no id. Sheesh.
    Then he magically happened upon some holistic center and they gave him hot tea. Only David. :)

16. cq#DA2014 said

lol, Mt,#13 that’s exactly what I thought when I read that one tweet. I bet he will be ready for regular clothes when he return though.

17. Marlie7 said

Nominate David for the Shorty Awards http://shortyawards.com/DavidArchie

18. This post is like standing at the intersection of Memory Lane and Auld Lang Syne.

Lots of smiling and sighing going on. Thanks, Abrra!

Great topic Abs! We get to relive these tweets because of your compilation, according to topic. What a fun read! I had forgotten the advice he asked us on hairstyles. And I loved when he gave us new music to look up. The food tweets were the best! I was hooked on trail mix for quite a long time because David likes it. LOL I also loved the cartoon tweet. His tweets are classic! His tweets make me miss him even more, if that’s possible.

Abrra, What a great idea to highlight an integral part of the relationship between David and his fans. Even none fans are endeared to David and his tweets.

David and twitter. I miss his tweets so much, sigh. A It always seemed that he knew just when to jump in with a tweet when any drama was brewing and voila all was alright with the universe. I have tried so many dishes because of David’s food tweets. Wheatgrass shots, Thai food, I love the yellow curry and chicken satay, Salvadorean horchata, pupusas and almond milk and butter to name a few lol.

I watch his Something Pitchy interview often. He speaks at length about twitter :)

Thank you all for commenting on the previous article. I didn’t get a chance to comment to the last few comments. I really appreciate you all humoring me in my ODD :)

5:00 am, senior lab asks to go outside, with the greatest respect for all she has been to us, I go to the door. There is a doggy door, but the night is cold and dark and she doesn’t like it alone.

5:15 am, I quietly reach for my iPhone and find “Be Still My Soul”, David is right there. Yes the hour is hastening on.

5:17 am, a buzz, it is Amazon reminding me I should read “Chords of Strength”…

Once you have David’s music in your life, it is everywhere…

My favourite picture is David in the toque…

There are pictures and tweets I have not seen before and are really interesting! We have the best new of the old.

Thanks Abs!

I do miss his tweets. The only reason I got a twitter account was so I could get his tweets to my phone. Sometimes I’d be having a rough day and hear the message alert and it never failed to make me smile. Crazy, but there were times it was just what I needed to hear. I remember my husband telling our son who was visiting, “He TEXTS her!” Bahahaha! I explained to him how twitter worked and that it was going to thousands of other folks too. Shortly after that, my husband forgot all about Valentine’s Day. As he was driving me to a restaurant for a “mama ain’t happy” dinner, you could cut the tension with a knife. Suddenly I got a text. ♫ “I just called, to say, I love you!” filled the car. I tell you ladies, that was a beautiful moment. I just looked straight ahead and smiled, all forgiven and we had a lovely evening. :) He hasn’t missed a Valentine’s Day since.

24. poof said

Last night I woke with a start to begin a night of worry and anxiety. A family issue needs to be addressed and in the middle of the night I was awash in pain and overcome with how to go forward. After hours of thrashing around mentally and physically, I “tuned into” what had been playing in my head on the continual David CD that is always on. I was listening to the concierto “Oh Holy Night”.
    In that moment things changed. In my mind’s eye, the beauty of that face and the glory of that voice, gave me a jolt too. The tears still came, but I now felt comforted and not nearly as alone. “When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all.”
    I write this to tell you Abrra, there is no need to worry about an Archu-drought. David has left me and I Know many thousands more, filled up to my ears in music and lyrics that fly into my head when I need them. “I will comfort you.” Just know that having this sight open, gives many of us a place to share and support each other.
    Thanks for all you and all the admins do.

I am still laughing over the cheerleader/volleyball player tweet and the one at the restaurant … “you’re cool too though, you don’t have to be David Archuleta to be cool.” Lol well thanks.” I just love how he gets such a kick out of everything in life. :)

OT but I was watching this and had to share. It’s a sound check video of TMH and I just LOVE the way he moves here. So natural. I love seeing him sing like that. Check out the smooth walk at 2:37 and the part at 3:15 .. faaaaace … no hunker down needed, I like that. And the part at 3:40 haaaaand … love love love the way he does that move right there.

Credit: AryRMR260711

*sigh* Can you tell I am missing him today?

Angelica,
    LOL at your “mama ain’t happy” dinner and David’s fix. He just doesn’t have any idea how many times his tweets or vlogs have come at “just the right time” to make a difference in our day.

Oh, Poof ….I’m so sorry things are not going well but I’m glad that continuous CD held something to make you feel better. I have one of those in my head too and it’s helped me many times. I hope things get better soon.

Aw Poof. Sorry you’re having a rough time but really glad David’s voice was the catalyst that let you release a lot of the worry and pain. I hope everything works out. Yes, we are so blessed to have our music therapy during this time.

MT, *sigh* I miss him too.

I miss him too .

Missing him, too. Tomorrow is the 5 yr anniversary of David’s Idol audition. It will also mark 300 days of service as a missionary. ♥

30. Spirit said

MT…….Love the video of “Touch My Hand” that you posted at #25! I don’t remember seeing that one before. The different runs that he does near the end are killers!

Tawna,
    We are almost to the half way mark. :)

Spirit,
    There is actually a set of 4 videos for that sound check/VIP. If you haven’t seen them yet, they are worth checking out. Lots of lovely things he does with his voice … and the different way he moves … I am a big fan of sound check videos. I feel like they are more like the real David doing what comes natural … relaxed and laid back … rather than the “performer” David. He is all sorts of wonderful in them.

32. Spirit said

MT….Thanks for the heads up about the set of sound check/VIP videos. I just watched them and you’re right…they’re great! I enjoy watching the way he moves while singing, too. It’s sometimes interesting to watch a performance on youtube without the sound and just focus on his graceful motions. He is so in sync with the music and it’s beautiful to just watch it flow right through him. Of course, watching him with the sound on isn’t too bad, either!

33. cbcb said

Abbra, great idea for an article! It made me think of so many times I looked at a tweet from him and it made me smile or laugh out loud, and my whole day was better. Yeah, I miss him too.

34. emmegirl14 said

MT, thanks for the soundcheck vids. Watched them all, love them all, couldn’t agree more! His demeanor’s so relaxed, his movements so natural, so free.

(I could clock that guy that stopped him from singing Someone Like You)

{{Poof}}

35. emmegirl14 said

Waiting and wondering about the “surprise” the beginning of February.

Speaking of the music David recommends to us in tweets, they all pale in comparison to him.

SB#21
    “Once you have David’s music in your life, it is everywhere…”
    Ain’t that the truth!

Poof#24
    Hope things get better soon. We’re blessed to have David as our good place.

MT,
    Those videos were great! I’ve watched them many times in the past year but they bear repeating here: Here are the other three from youtube. Credit to AryRMR260711 for all 4.

Bebe,
    Thanks for bringing those over. He really is something else. I am running out words to describe him. So I’ll just say …

Dear David, ♫ You’re some kind of wonderful ♫

I can’t wait for him to get back home and back on stage!

38. violet4ever said

Thanks for all of the great tweet memories :)

Fan Archuduties!!! Links and stuff

Musiqtone 2012 Final 4 Music Video http://musiqtone.com/music/thecount/musicvideomadness.php

Musiqtone 2013 POLL http://musiqtone.com/music/thecount/voting_thecountdown.php#votingbooth

I nominate @DavidArchie for a Shorty Award in #singer because… ( ) Shorty Awards. http://shortyawards.com/DavidArchie

VOTE 4 David Archuleta!! 1stPinoyNewsmaker2012: Pinoy TV Series Newsmaker Of The Year Foreign Act Newsmaker of the Year/Entertainment Lifestyle Poll http://polldaddy.com/poll/6798589/

KEEP VOTING 4 NANDITO AKO! Pinoy TV Series Newsmaker Of The Year http://polldaddy.com/poll/6798649/

VOTE 4 RAINBOW AND EVERYBODY HURTS MV DAVID ARCHULETA! 1 VOTE PER EMAIL ADDRESS!! http://www.myxph.com/default.aspx

VOTE CHARTCENTRAL 4 BROKEN! EVERYBODY HURTS! RAINBOW REMIX! by David Archuleta ! EVERY HOUR! http://chartcentral.frihost.net/cc/

VIEW! COMMENT! FAVORITE! SHARE! LIKE! David Archuleta Rainbow Remix

VIEW! COMMENT! FAVORITE! LIKE! SHARE! DAVID ARCHULETA RELEASED MV (playlist)

MAIL YOUR MONTHLY LETTERS/POSTCARDS 2 DAVID ARCHULETA!!! FAN MAIL ADDRESS: http://wp.me/PHkN1-4cn

Complete 10 song preview of BEGIN. new CD from David Archuleta

BUY>>> Amazon, Sears, Walmart, WOWCD, Barnes & Noble

LEAVE A COMMENT ON David Archuleta’s OS! http://davidarchuleta.com/home/?page_id=922

Join us for Nandito Ako chat
    Tonight 10PM Eastern

Just when I think I’m drifting away a little – BAM, ok no I’m not. It was only the flu lol. And real life.
    NOTHING CAN TOUCH US, WE’RE EVERYTHING AND MORE.
    OMG this, guys. This. He was so brilliant here. One of my favorites ever. The stage. The sweat. The MAD HOT VOCALS.

credit to puriduaenam
    THE CLOSEUPS
    The “struck gold in each other”
    The 3:15 –
    I cannot with this.
    Saaaaave me from the vortex.

Sometimes , when I’m on youtube, I log into my account. Lately, I haven’t been. It’s just my husband and I on this computer. So it’s a wide open field.
    So – he goes on and listens to his Celtic music, which he is quite fond of.
    He has said many times – “every time I watch my celtic music, David’s music pops up along the side.” I usually just say – that’s weird, lol. I finally said OK, it’s because of my prior watches and searches.
    He doesn’t believe me now, and thinks D’s music and celtic music are related in some search engine. I mean, I know he did Orla’s show, but this is hilarious. Pages and pages of D’s music videos, interviews, etc., lololol. He just doesn’t get it, and I’m done trying to explain it. :)

Sidenote: Isn’t Everything and More still so good. Or is it just me? <3333333333333333

I missed NA chat last night. Boo hoo! Mr Sandman came calling. :)

Oh I do love those sound check videos. All his sound checks are divine because he is laid back and loosey goosey.

Photobucket

Betsy
    What? Did you forget about the DA virus that infects YouTube? It makes all the side videos show up as David Archuleta’s. ;)

Abrra 429 days
    65 degrees and Clear in Santiago

44. mspoohbear said

Betsy,
    Yes, Everything & More is a song that became a favorite of mine just recently. It is a great song especially with those high notes. OMG! I have it on repeat in my car stereo. I have a story about this song…

Yesterday, I was going thru some rough time with my kids and was crying in the car on my way to work. I started to feel depressed, knot in my stomach and then heart palpitation came back, then chest started to hurt. My medications at home, so didn’t know what to do. I was already running late for work. I decided to turn my car stereo on and Everything and More started playing from a cd I played the day before. As I listened to it over and over bcuz I really like the song. A few minutes later I noticed my heart palpitations gone and started to feel better, no more knot in my stomach. Since I have a two-hour drive in traffic, I also listened to the album .Begin. Everybody Hurts struck me the most yesterday bcuz of what I was going thru at the moment and listening to it sent me a message that made me feel not so bad after
    all.

It’s a testament to what David’s music and voice can really do to uplift people.

The expression on his face when he messed up A Thousand Miles is “priceless”!

45. mspoohbear said

Oooops, sorry must have messed up copying YT links. I can’t figure out the new YT app on my iPhone. Lol!

Admin edit: No problem. That’s what we’re here for. Happy to fix for you. Thanks for the videos. :) Bebereader

46. lani said

Betsy,

vid 41… yes that’s one of my top favorites..

Can’t get enough of Everything & More, the passion, the emotion, the mad vocals GAHHH I die each time. I miss that passionate David!

Am still here for DA2014…just lurking & voting :smile:

47. emmegirl14 said

GAHhh, that Everything and More! I ♥ Jakarta!

Betsy, that is weird because on my YT his videos are related to laughing baby videos, and videos on the benefits of chia seeds!

(lol, your story made my day!)

{mspoohbear}, hope things turn around for you soon. I love reading how D’s music/voice affects all of us. I listened to TOSOD Asian Edition on the way into work Monday morning, first time in awhile. I was even a little surprised at how MUCH I enjoyed it and how it affected me – it made me feel grateful, inspired, even a little empowered, and put me in a great mood.
    His voice sounded amazing, and all those incredible background vocals (I crank up the volume so I don’t miss any of them), and the lyrics – so clever and meaningful.

I also realized if had read between the lines of these songs when this album was released, I would not have been so surprised at his announcement.

Going to get through these next few months till Abrra’s day count reads 365 – then the real countdown begins!!!

48. mspoohbear said

Thanks Bebe!

49. mspoohbear said

Thanks Emme! I feel much better today. Will keep listening to D’s music. I am also reading COS for the 4th time!

His voice is healing. I’m convinced.

Count me on board with all of you “Everything and More” lovers. I loved that song from the first time I heard it, Seeing the videos of David performing it live in Asia just sealed the deal for me. Passion, beautiful lyrics and melody sung by the most beautiful voice in the universe. What more can anyone ask for in a song?!

{{{{Mspoohbear}}}} You’re welcome. Hope you’re having a better day.

Revisiting the tweets was so much fun. Thanks Abs and all who shared.

I recently had to replace my original Begin cd’s because they were completely worn out. It had been a while since I had been David shopping and I had forgotten how pleasing it is to find David on the shelves. For me it was Deseret Book and they had a nice selection.

mspoohbear, we all turn to David for healing and he never lets us down. Difficult to remember how I made it through the tough stuff without David. He has smoothed out the bumps in my path.

52. kaycee said

Mspoohbear, yep, so, so true! His voice is truly healing. It should be bottled up and marketed to the health care industry!

Just think of the cost of health care…apply a bit of David…crisis averted!

53. gladys1961 said

hello, I’m back.

Welcome back (((Gladiola))) ♥

55. Abrra,

What a great topic, I love his tweets and you just gether the highlight of em here, it always fun to read his randomness (is it a word?) and to get to see a glimpse of his thoughts and what’s going on in his everyday life, sighhh do I miss em !!!

Love to read all the comments you all share here too, what a lovely bunch of fans you all are. Sorry that I don’t comment a lot here since you all said what I wanted to say so beautifully which I can’t put in words lol, Love you all :D

56. ronaleem said

First of all, thanks for all the responses when I make a post. I surely appreciate the explanations, information, and most of all, the support. For crying out loud, I don’t even know what’s happening to me, but now I know I’m not the only one! Every time I think I’ve made a unique observation, I hear from you all, “been there, done that!” Good company to be in!

I’m posting today because it’s my one-month anniversary with David. As you all speak of the healing quality of his music, I must agree. My life had been in a healing mode for several months, heading towards that point where my heart could be opened to love and to be loved. Well, that occurred during the week of Christmas, thanks to David/Elder Archuleta. I believe my heart could have been opened by any number of people or events, but I also believe that by the grace of God, it was David who did it–the best Christmas I’ve had in years! I can’t believe how my life has been enriched by him! He’s a role model, a giver, a powerful singer with a God-given talent, cute(!), and let me know if you agree with this, a friend–a familiar presence who can teach, comfort, and cheer you up.

During this past month I’ve almost been exhausted by all the good changes I’ve been experiencing, the most important of which is tremendous spiritual growth–I had no idea!! I’m encouraged by David’s faith and example, and I’m grateful that he has the courage to live his beliefs.

And I’m grateful Gladys has shown up. She is actually the reason I found The Voice in the first place. In my early David days, I was googling all sorts of things and came upon the David Chronicles (loved the Elder Archuleta gossip from the various missionary blogs!), which mentioned Gladys’s trips to the Christmas devotionals. But they referred readers to The Voice to read her story. So I followed the link and here I am! I loved her first-person accounts about Elder Archuleta, whom I had only just become aware of and whose singing had pierced my heart and reached into my soul. Thank you, Gladys! Please go again and let us know what he’s doing!

And thank you, my friends, for your loving support to me and to one another!