David Archuleta and A Dash of Chile

Posted by bebereader on Thursday, June 7, 2012

Since David left for South America, I’ve been curious about the country he’ll be living in for the next two years. The Republic of Chile is one of South America‘s most prosperous countries. Located along the southwestern coast of  South America between Peru and Argentina, Chile stretches 2,653 miles long and only 109 miles wide.

But let’s put geography and history aside for now and focus out what’s really important. What are some of the traditional foods in Chile and what might Elder Archuleta be eating while on  his mission?

Chile is a multi-ethnic society and Chilean food is a combination of Spanish and Indian food with strong Italian, German, Croatian, French and Middle Eastern influences, truly a varied menu. Between two mountain ranges in Chile there is a valley where agriculture grows like olives, potatoes, pumpkin and maize.

One of the highlights of Chilean cuisine is it’s seafood. The list of seafood in Chile seems endless with tuna, squid, sole and salmon in abundance.  Lobsters are freely available as are oysters and eels.

David Archuleta ‏@DavidArchie
From David: Having cocimiento (some kind of broth with pollo, chuleta, y mariscos) for my first time. (thought u would like a food tweet ks)

What is cocimiento?

Cocimiento – Chicken, pork, seafood (with shell) and vegetables are sautéed in a pan to which potatoes in skins are added and cooked for about an hour. Wine is added to this and steamed over low heat for another hour creating a poultry, pork and seafood stew.

Has Elder Archuleta tried any of these other traditional Chilean dishes?

Caldillo de Congrio is another dish similar to cocimiento but it contains only seafood; no chicken or pork. It’s a stew made with eel, onions, potatoes and carrots.  Eels can be difficult to find outside of Chile so any firm white fish is acceptable. Eel is usually deep fried in Chile or served steaming hot in a clay dish, with some mussels and clams.

Care for some deep fried eel?

Empanadas (little pies or turnovers with filling) are popular in all of Latin America, either fried or baked. I’ve had them here in the states from an Argentinean bakery and they are delicious. They’re also handy to take on picnics or for a quick lunch or snack. Empanada de Pino is the traditional empanada in Chile, filled with ground meat, onions, olives and raisins and then baked in an oven. Sometimes slices of hard boiled eggs are inside them, too.

Ensalada a la Chilena is a very simple salad using sliced ripe tomatoes and thinly sliced onions with an oil dressing. The term “salad” in Chile is a generic term for any fresh vegetable, raw or cooked, served cold as an accompaniment to a meal. Because it goes with any meal, salad is a staple on every Chilean table.

Humitas are mashed seasoned corn wrapped in cornhusks and then steamed.  They are a traditional Chilean dish that resemble tamales from Mexico. The corn used in Chile is called choclo and isn’t very sweet. Where tamales or other countries’ versions are often spicy, Chilean humitas are very basic and plain. Humitas are served in the corn husk. Sometimes the humita is still wrapped tightly with some string that was used to hold it together for cooking. To eat the humita, untie the string and unwrap the husk. Don’t eat the corn husk! Humitas are typically served with the tomato and onion Chilean salad.

Parrillada is similar to a barbeque in the U.S., using different kinds of meat, sausages and poultry, cooked slowly over charcoal. It’s served with potatoes, salad or rice. Commonly served with Pebre, a Chilean spicy herbal sauce made from chopped onions, coriander, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic and ground chili  peppers.  Pebre must be scooped up with a spoon, so as not to lose the taste of any of the ingredients.

Pastel de Choclo is a casserole made with beef,  sautéed with onions, chicken and olives, pieces of hard boiled eggs and ground corn, and then baked to make this beloved comfort food that is usually eaten in the summer.

I found mucho delicioso Chilean desserts of which I hope Elder Archuleta will partake. The Germans and Austrians brought tasty dessert treats with them when they migrated to the south of Chile in the nineteenth century.

Kuchen is a fluffy fruit flan pie of German origin, similar to a cheese cake but lighter and not as rich.

Leche Asada is milk flan or baked custard.

Chilean-style sopaipillas are deep-fried round pumpkin fritters drenched in a brown sugar syrup.  Sold throughout the country by street vendors, they are usually served for breakfast, piping hot with coffee. They typically  measure 4-inches wide, although many restaurants now serve smaller 2-inch versions.

Next installment: Music in Chile

72 Responses to “David Archuleta and A Dash of Chile”

1. g3439 said

Thank you so much for sharing all that information. I really enjoy learning about Chile.

2. gladys1961 said

Chilean food is delicious, as all the food in south america. I disagree with the information, that is the most prosperous country in South America. I, personally, I have fought against the retirement system of that country. Argentina copy the model of that system and really was a disaster. I just hope that David knows the heavenly side of chile, the place of good food, good people. That is my daily prayer for david.

3. cq said

What a fun post, loved reading about all the foods of Chile.

welcome3_by_rosekate

Bebe,

Hungry for any information on the country of Chile now. What a nice series of articles to look forward to! He seems pretty up for trying new foods and we have all heard him say how he loves to eat. Cocimiento, the one dish he tweeted about, is the one in the article that looks least appealing to me. (There are worse pictures of it than the one you used, as you know).

5. Lorraine said

Thanks for this … I don’t know if anyone else has already thought of this but at the beginning of last month I wrote David a letter asking if he would be able to collect recipes of his fav meals as and when he gets dinner appointments … I commented that it would be a fun project after his mission if his family helped him compile a recipe book containing his fav meals, together with some of his memories/thoughts and photos of the areas he would have served in when he had a favourite meal … maybe it could get printed and offered for sale to the fanbase with proceeds going to a Chilean charity. I would love to own such a recipe book. Thoughts anyone?

I could read about food all day Bebe, I love this! Although I am not the least bit adventurous in trying new food, I know that David is, (Balut anyone?) and I can just hear him saying “Oh cool”
    Yikes, I want a sopaipilla now. Those are delish!

Lorraine, that is a fun idea. I like it.

7. Suzy-Q said

I love the idea, Lorraine. I hope he takes the time to do it. I would buy several.

8. dakgal said

Thanks Bebe for all the info—some of those look yummy—some don’t –I thought David once said–he doesn’t like anything from the sea –esp. after his Grandma’s fish soup,

As for the Cocimiento – Chicken, pork, seafood (with shell) and vegetables are sautéed in a pan to which potatoes in skins are added and cooked for about an hour. Wine is added to this and steamed over low heat
    for another hour creating a poultry, pork and seafood stew.

I thought David couldn’t have wine. Alcohol–a no-no.

A—–Ah say we round up a posse and go git the little varmint!! ( the wanted posters in last thread.)

9. Bebe,
    Great article! And in installments too! Want to learn all about Chile,as it will be home to David for 2 years
    I have been really curious about what David is eating in Chile.The man lives to eat! I am sure he has delved into the traditional Chilean dishes and the varied menus available. Its good he is so open to trying new foods, and we have certainly learned a lot as he has traveled abroad the last few years.
    The desserts sound very good to me, haha I will start there.

5.Lorraine, hadn’t thought about that.Wonder if any of the other missionaries have ever done something like that? (personally, I think David is way more into the eating, than the cooking.) lol. But a lovely idea you have there.

2.Gladys~” I just hope that David knows the heavenly side of chile, the place of good food, good people. That is my daily prayer for david.”
    And I say, AMEN! to that Gladys

G3439,
    Welcome to The Voice! My curiosity got the better of me and now I want to know all about Chile. I am happy to share what I learn. From what I’ve seen in pics so far, it’s a beautiful country.

Gladys,
    Have you tasted all of these dishes? Since the two countries are so close, I was wondering if Chilean food is very similar in Argentinian food? Humitas, for example don’t look very appealing to me but I’m adventurous and like to try new foods. Have you had them, Gladys? I’m sure with a little convincing I’d try them.

Cq,
    Thank you! Which dish is the most appealing to you?

Angelica,
    Agree. I love seafood but it would take a lot of convincing for me to try cocimiento! haha

Lorraine,
    Novel idea you have; I like it! A collection of David’s favorite foods from Chile would sell to the fans in a heartbeat.

Betsy,
    You mean you’ve had sopaipillas?
    If so, where did you find them here in the US?

Suzy-Q,
    I totally agree.

Dak is in the house!!!! I remember that David tweeted that he tried shrimp about a year ago but we never got his feedback (pun intended haha).. As for the wine, I thought the same thing as you, that it was a no-no. But maybe since the alcohol content is removed during cooking it’s ok? Angelica?

Sky,
    Are you saying no cocimiento for you? LOL
    The desserts look divine!

11. PaulaFOD said

FANTASTIC job putting this article together Bebe!!!

Bebe and dakgal,

Alcohol is a no no but cooking removes it so that’s a yes yes on cocimiento.

Still a no go for me though. Can’t get past the hard shelled items though I love seafood and shellfish. Just not the muscle kind. Why is that beach debris in a pot with food anyway? Not the way we we gonna do dat in my home state of Louisiana, cher.

The eel looks appealing.

bebe – yes I have. They may be slightly different. Mine had honey drizzled over top. They were hot and sooooooo good.
    They make them at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

p.s. Yesterday I was watching the Ustream chat from Oct 2010. David said he has “gotten the hang of shrimp lately.” :) (cutest thing ever)

14. 10. Bebe.to Sky “are you saying no cocimiento for you?” haha! well, probably not! ha.although ,I am a bit curious, as to what the pork would taste like, well, and the chicken too, simmering in with the seafood.Seems like the meats, would end up tasting like the seafood? :/
    (I actually think the pictures are appetizing that you posted.)
    David always urges us to try new foods.Can’t know if you might like something different, if you don’t try it♥

p.s. Its a rare occasion when I come across a dessert that I don’t like. :)))

Paula FOD,
    Thanks!

Angelica
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Betsy,
    Love that video! So he got the hang of shrimp!
    Good thing because seafood is big in Chile.

Sky,
    I’d make a meal from the empanadas, ensalada and a slice of kuchen!

13. Betsy! well, I fell into that video pretty quick, and stayed with it all the way to part 4!! He is all kinds of wonderful.♥ So funny.

15. Bebeeeee, How soon?? you know now ,we are all gonna be crazy…wondering!

Great post, bebe! I’m excited to learn everything I can about Chile. I’m not a real adventurer when it comes to unusual foods. But, I do like Lorraine’s cookbook idea.

Got caught in the video u-stream! ….Filipino mangos…ahhhh,. they’re like a smoothie in a peel. Oh David, why are you soooo cute?!! Oh and he likes to ‘cook’ PB&J sandwiches on whole wheat bread (white is like a sponge) and bowls of cereal. LOL

Yeah, David, I’m missin’ ‘ya. How many days Abrra?

Tawna
    #DA2014

18. sweetonda said

Bebe, thanks for giving us some insight into the flavors of Chile. I can just picture David, sitting down to new food and saying, “What’s this, and this? and this?”, kind of like he did on the Vangie video.

Thanks also for the video chat. I also got caught in its vortex and had to listen to alll of them. He is just so darn cute and so animated, but you could also tell when he was getting tired. He needed more than just the snacking he did to get going again. Come on Melinda, feed that boy!

Can’t wait to see what the special announcement is!!!

Bebe
    That last pumpkin delight looks like something I could enjoy with a morning coffee :) But I’d have to scrape off the sugar of course LOL Thanks for taking the time to share the culture of Chilean cooking with us. It is a perfect example of use what you have the most of, right? Fish and veggies are sure in abundance.

I had a funny thought about the wine in the Cocimiento. Did it really cook off? (teasing)

From David: My mouth feels funny and brain tingles whenever I speak in English. I still speak English WAY better than I do Spanish (KS)

Oh my :)

Here you go Tawna!

Abrra 658 days

I had an organic pomegranate lollipop for lunch so this sure sparked the appetite lol. Everything looks so good. I’m pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new foods but David out did me by trying the balut. No way. Tried raw oysters once never again. Balut gives me the weebeejeebees!

I love David interviews, all of them. I have a talking playlist on my ipod just to hear David talk and his voice is so soothing, good for my blood pressure,

I think we should make copies of the wanted posters and put them up all over the place, that’ll get some attention.

The followers just continue to grow and grow.

David Archuleta
    @DavidArchie
    I’m David. I like music.
    Kind of Utah… · http://www.DavidArchuleta.com

4,682 TWEETS
    32 FOLLOWING
    1,100,079 FOLLOWERS

Bebe,
    Love the article on food, one of David’s favorite things. He sure loves to eat. Good thing he is adventurous when it comes to food. And he will probably learn to enjoy seafood more than he could ever imagine after two years.

I’m not sure I could eat all of that, but some of it looks really yummy, especailly the deserts!

Betsy, thanks for bringing that ustream video. He was just all kinds of adorable that night. Sooo funny with the “peanut butter jelly time” song, just one of my favorite moments that night.

Dja … Over 1,100,000 followers. Wow! I still don’t understand it but i love it.

B – Bebe is teasing us. LOL

22. Hi everyone! Great article, thanks bebe! Was just missing David so much so had a hot bath and listened to Forevermore. After I got out my 9 year old daughter innocently asked me “Did you have a nice relaxing bath with David?” Hahahahaha!

FunfeeFiona,

Hahahahahaha!

MT, I think rather than teasing, Bebe is joshing us. ;)

C Chile!

Angelica, you are clever. That is all. ;)

Last year at this time, David was doing this.

thanks JR, for the glimpse of David’s foray into his generation’s Woodstock. :)
    p.s. anyone else watch Florence and the machine on the livestream that night?

Tawna: I’m excited to share everything I learn!

Sweetonda: Gotta love that Vangie commercial!

Haha Abs, you’re too funny!

Djafan: “1,100,079 FOLLOWERS” FTW!!!

Fi:
    hahahaha That is the funniest story! As they say, “Out of the mouths of babes, come gems.” Or something like that.

MT: Teasing? Me?

Well okay, you’ve been waiting long enough. Just had to get the details down. The Voice will be holding a special chat, showing installments of “Nandito Ako” for approximately five consecutive Tuesday evenings for a total of the full 25 episodes, starting this Tuesday, June 12. Time and place to be announced. Been missing the miniseries and I know some of you are too. It’s fun to watch together. Looking forward to this!!

26. Morning peoples!
    Bebe!! thanks for the special announcement! YEA!! That sounds like great fun.I’ll bring the popcorn this week!! :)))

Fi, HAHAHAHA! thanks for sharing your story,that’s hilarious!

its amazing that David has gained so many new followers on Twitter, and at such an incredible rate too.So awesome to see how much support and admiration he continues to receive, even in his absence.That has got to feel good.♥

25. Bebeeeeee … I love the idea! I have been listening to David’s voice all day, but I have been missing his face, you know, David “live”. I think watching Nandito Ako with some of you will help. I love oohing and aahing (sp? goodness that looks strange) with you all. Thanks Bebe ♥

Fi, hahahhahaa That is too cute and sooo funny.

David did go driving with me today. I got my CD player fixed (Yayy!!) and was able to pop in all those beautiful CDs. He was in fine voice and we had a lovely time. He is excellent company no matter where you are. :)

D – David & me … ♫ On the road againnnnn ♫

@kariontour
    Photobucket
    @anagfeleo miss you too! @DavidArchie pic.twitter.com/ovcmyCuX

Thanks for the new bracelets. I’ll send mine to Vee on Monday.

Bebe
    Tuesday chat sounds great :)

Abrra 657 days

Photobucket

Abrra 657 days

30. ahhh, I love scrolling up♥ there is always an eeek! waiting.
    See you later, you good lookin’ man.

I have got to order that shirt….

Hola! :)

Abs, Thanks for that pic in #28. With just a smile, he can brighten anyone’s day! Are you sure that’s the same person in comment #29? He’s the man of a thousand faces and all are beautiful.

See you in chat.

Good Morning!
    Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!

Found this pic on Twitter this morning. Check out his profile!

Behind-the-scenes information from @JoAnn Bananga
    “oh! there’s me again in black and white. He was doing his spiel to his Filipino fans here.”

Fun time in chat last night, as always.
    Thanks to all those who were there and also to Abs!

33. thanks Bebe!
    I wonder what it must feel like to have lights and cameras on you like that.Just looking at this picture, in a hotel hallway,with few people and camera crew present, I am thinking I would be too frozen with fear to even speak (and I am pretty hammy)
    Makes me realize how wonderfully brave the painfully shy young boy, who used to sing to his dog in the backyard, really is.It makes everything he has accomplished since, that much more incredible.

Bebe,
    Chat was fun last night. I always love chatting with you guys. ♥ I’m looking forward to our Tuesday NA chats. :D

As for that pic … yes, he definitley has a great profile. In fact, mention of that profile comes up a lot in chat. Quite often by me!!! haha

Sky,
    I agree. It truly is incredible.

I admire his courage, especially for someone who was so very shy. Can you imagine being in front of a camera that you know will broadcast to millions the way he did on AI? I guess having the chance to do what he loved so much, sing, gave him the courage.

And now he’s done a mini-series for TV! He has come a long way since the days of being afraid of a camera and being afraid to talk in front of people. He has certainly lived by his motto. Even if you’re afraid, “just go for it.”

I was just thinking (dangerous I know, lol). Someone mentioned in chat that, in a way, all the photo shoots and MV and appearances and the series in Asia, just before he left, may have made it even harder for us to let go of David and made us miss him that much more.

But I was wondering, how must David be feeling? I know going on a mission was what he wanted, and he knew what the life style would be like and that he would be cut off from everyone and everything he was used to.

But how hard the transition must be from all the fame and celebrity to the missionary life style when he was just coming off the Asia performances and miniseries. Going from that whirlwind month to such a quiet existence is quite a drastic change, much more so than it is for the average missionary, even more than it would have been for David if he had not gone to Asia.

I’m sure he’s fine. I’m just worrying about him today for some reason. ♥ I hope he’s happy in Chile and not missing home too much.

MT

Everything David did from Dec 2011 to the time he went to MTC, he had a plan. He thought out so many details. I doubt the fame and celebrity ever came into to it when he thought about what he will miss while away. He was focused on all the projects. What we see as such a big deal ( and it was LOL) is a day at the office for David. He made a point to constantly thank the fans all over the world for giving him the peace of mind to take this personal journey. He seemed more concerned about his family, especially his sisters, and being separated from them,rather than what he would be missing in his career. The DA#2014 video gave him peace. Fans will be there for him, he knows that.

Any one of the young people that are on a mission go through changes to their lifestyle. I am willing to bet the ones who have a sweetheart back home are on an emotional roller coaster that is far more stressful.

Worry if you must ;)

Bebe
    Loved that profile pic. Have another ;)

Abrra 656 days

37. cq#DA2014 said

I think that David is doing something he said he thought would be a great thing to experience, that is, getting completely immersed into another country and it’s culture. I’m happy for him, but very sad for me as a fan of his music. Just hanging on to everything that he has left for us and still (please don’t explain to me that can’t happen)hoping that whoever is in charge of his mission, will want him to come back to his career sooner. A girl can dream.

The voice of sanity. lol I didn’t necessarily mean he missed the fame and the celebrity itself, just the hustle and bustle, constantly moving and being around so many people. And then spending lots of time with family before he left, too. Then suddenly … alone (well, not exactly alone, you know what i mean) and in a new environment. I will try not to worry. But I still think it must be hard on him. And you’re right, leaving a girlfriend would be very hard, too.

Cq,
    ” A girl can dream.” I think many have that dream. I sure do miss him. In fact, in chat last night I may or may not have mentioned fetching him back for just one concert and then letting him go back. lol Like you said, a girl can dream. :)

I am sure Bench has many celebs and models on their roster. Look who they chose to put on the background of their twitter page! Simply THE BEST!

Photobucket

Abrra 656 days

Thanks for the reminder, Marlie. ♥
    Best My Hands Ever, Ever, Ever.

That note towards the end – he holds it forever.

41. Abrra, love that photo.that little separation of his hair in the front,Like a young Elvis thing going on there.
    ( I kind of love black and white photos)

I guess for every new missionary that leaves their old life behind them to be away for 2 years,it is really both ‘hard core’ sacrifice, and a huge step towards independence at the same time.
    So David is part now,of a large community of other missionaries that are also going through the same feelings of missing family, friends,(girlfriends,boyfriends)..HOME, and being excited to be where they are at the same time. I think it is probably going to end up being harder on his family… than David himself,he always adjusts so well to new circumstances and challenges, and considering this was one that he actually chose for himself…….
    Like a son or daughter going off to college,or choosing military service, sometimes its harder for those left behind to adjust.
    I think Lupe may be feeling that empty nest feeling for the first time, with David out of sight for this length of time. He has always come back home, “in-between” commitments in the past Those of you who have been there,done that, with your child or children serving their missions would know best I guess.
    .If we as fans miss him so badly, oh how she must feel!!
    David has always honored his commitments, and considering the “Who” he is doing this for,I feel sure he will serve every minute of 2 years and nothing less.
    I sure do miss the stuffin’s out of him! but my admiration grows daily.

I

Betsy,hahaha. you are funny!
    #singing #chops #longnote #havingfun #nicejeans #likesthesun #Icouldbelosingmymind #possibly #inthevortex #allmarliesfault”
    thanks for bringing that gem in here.
    that’s the one we listened to in chat! The long change up glory note! I’m going in for a listen, and will probably get lost in there,but what fun it shall be!

43. Blueberry Ice said

Bebe; Loved hearing about the cuisine that David may be enjoying & looking forward to learning more about the culture there … why it’s like taking a nice trip but without the expenses & hassles of traveling! I wonder what kinds of fruits are grown there … hoping especially they have mango’s, lol!

MT; “I sure do miss him.” Really appreciate all the stories, video’s (thanks Betsy for these lovely ‘gems’), photo’s & thoughts that everyone shares as it sure helps when feeling the same way … hugs.

Paula; Hope the donations for Camp ASCCA are continuing to come in … your painting is just beautifully done!

E – Empanada’s

I’ll Never Go MV teaser!!!!!

Scream cap!

lskflf3ertjf

MT, Sky, Abs
    Interesting discussion about David and the contrast between the two worlds, celebrity vs. missionary. I don’t presume to get in his head and know what he’s feeling but as a mother, I sympathize with Lupe. I agree with you, Sky. I’m sure she is so proud of him but misses him greatly.

Blueberry Ice,
    I’ll check on the fruit. Now I’m curious. Hoping for mangoes, for David’s sake. :)

Regarding the “I’ll Never Go” teaser. I agree wholeheartedly with Angelica when she said

“msjjh]w&*90-$%^&JM<:7e8ronjfspp[d[skow$%^&*lgfjk[[r,lkop,8rkl;lkujitjpqq&sdcfvghjk29rt#$%^&*"

In fact, jasdjasjfjfjdjjeljadfjjfjdjfjjjjjjju98989&&)(80erkakjasfaj~~!!!!
    And that's all I have to say about that! LOL

Lyrics to "I'll Never Go" (just because)

You always ask me
    Those words I say
    And tellin' me what it means to me
    Every single day

I'll never go far away from you

That I need you so
    For this is all I know
    I'll never go far away from you
    That I need you so
    For this is all I know
    I'll never go far away from you,

48. Gayle122890 said

So that’s where that gorgeous picture from the last thread is from!

In “I’ll Never Go” It always catches my attention how much emotion he puts into the “You always act this way” line.

The up-coming video! Just when you start wondering how many goodies could there possible be left for us while we wait…

f-fascinating

49. Gayle122890 said

I meant the pic at #54, 62 and 66 in the previous thread. Lol. I’m lucky I can even write anything coherent after watching that MV teaser! :) And it’s late…I should go sleep.

Just one more thing though. The song is “I’ll Never Go”. Yet, he seems to be packing. Mmmh.

#45 Angelica and #47 Bebe – get a hold of yourselves. We need a more considered response to that mv teaser!

So –
    omgomgomgomgomg!!!!

If you don’t see me around here it will be because I am otherwise occupied over at that facebook page.

F – Fan Killer!!!!

Can’t wait for the MV! Some face screamcaps :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Abrra 655 days

52. gladys1961 said

I have to tell you something, the Saturday after the chat, I spoke and met fenfan, we talked on skype. She is beautiful and has a smile that lights up. She spoke in English, and wrote so I could read and understand. I tried to speak in English with the help of google translator. I could teach her some Spanish too. This is the first time I try to speak English with someone and I think we understand each other. My costumer arrived in Miami today, she brought me a gift, is a canvas bag, color black, is the tour of 2009. She said she knows David from American Idol.
    Life gives me lots of surprises.

53. aaaakk!! _______________________________________________ 0–I—<

Photobucket

from ohnopurple’s tumblr

Why did I even bother to come in to work today? Fenfan, lol at Fan Killer!

WowWowWowWowWowWow!!

That MV! That profile! Those pics!!! Fen is right, lol Fan Killer!!

Hello all!!!

I’m so excited!!!! New video!!! New Album and that BEGIN. picture from ohnopurple floored me.

Fenfan, trying concentrate here hahaha

Bebe, Nandito Ako!!! I’m so sad that’ll I’ll miss it!!! So busy with graduation parties, softball tournament’s and this thing called work!

How did Anya survive those looks, two armed hugs, face touches ayayayayay.

Question? (yes I would like an answer) Did the Forevermore MV ever come up as being able to purchase it here and I missed it somehow? I’ve got it saved, but never purchased it. Just wondering.

Tawna
    #DA2014

G – Good Grief he’s Gorgeous!!

59. bluesky said

I’m confused.

I see the food. I am ready for lunch.

Is the dessert section above the comment line or below?

*_*

(Is that Angelica I see back there in the kitchen? Thought so.)

Wow, I was scrolling down the page and just happened to stop dead center on David’s face in #54. That’s enough to knock a body right out of their chair.

And that video … Oh my, oh my. I am not even gonna confess how many times I’ve watched that clip. Why do I always love a song 10x more once I “see” him sing it?

H – heaven
    Just a little bit of heaven, right there.

Abrra, those scream caps are awesome. And how did I know that big hand would be in one of them? haha

Teaser!!!

credit cherrymariano08

Bluesky#59

“Is the dessert section above the comment line or below?”

Definitely below!

63. 60. MT, Know what you mean, 54.is a bit intense,looking right into the camera lens like that. I like the flirty little grin ‘look’ like the one of him and ‘Anya’ at 56 that Bebe posted.
    Thannks Bebe!!
    Still don’t know how Jasmine or Eula survived filming those scenes with David♥Lucky girls…lucky David, 2 beautiful co stars!

Gladys♥ That is so nice you and Fenfan got to skype! what fun!

I- internet ♥ for bringing Davids worldwide fans together!!

62. Bebe! HAHAHAHA!

Bebe..hahahahahahahaha

Back story to I’ll Never Go.

Kari Sellards ‏@kariontour
    Great make me do it! Haha We just arrived at Ocean Park & there was a 2 piece band playing in the lounge area …
    where we were holding & a lot of the cast & crew starting singing along w/ the band. @DavidArchie looked around & said “what is this song? How come everyone knows this song?.” He asked @MyDearWriter what the song was all about & she explained it & told us it was used in a movie. Our wonderful Macky & @JoAnnBanaga sang it to us! It was a song that stuck in his head when asked to record the album. We asked if he could record it and the rest his history! Memories!

Cherry Mariano ‏@cherry08mariano
    I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/b6hyu3JqGXM?a I’ll Never Go – One More Chance Movie

Please go leave a comment on David’s OS announcing new song and music video!!!!

Sky, Love that little flirty grin of his ,makes me want to grin back at him. haha It’s a wonder Jasmine and Eula can speak coherently.

J – Jaw dropper lol

The look in 54 is a jaw dropper. Where did our sweet little David go? This man that took his place is some kind of gorgeous.

Bebe, hahaha All the sweet treats are definitely below the line. :D

Sigh…….

Joni ‏@Jonerz
    Just unlocked this from my @DavidArchie vault. Heyyyyyy Babyyyyyy!! *sigh* http://youtu.be/QkuqalbLXh0 ENJOY :)

AHHH! A sweet sound check !

How about a couple of Archu-stares?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Abrra 654 days

Goooood Moooorning!
    Dja thanks for posting that video. ‘Twas lovely
    What a gorgeous day it already is. ♥

72. Blueberry Ice…You have mail in the real mail! Thank you!

You are all masters at finding videos and tweets to keep everyone going…way to go!

Bebe, it all looks good and healthy eating. The sweets are quite desireable!

David bracelets have been requested for two of the youngest links and their mom…Jonah, Ellie and mom Jessica Gomez. There are more South American and Asian countries who will join the chain taking us further east and south once again. Still love the quote from djbell! I have 90 more to send out this week so here I am at my desk…more cards, stickers, stamps, pictures and bracelets. Quite an assembly line going on…