David Archuleta ~ Composition in Black and White

Posted by Angelica on Tuesday, July 5, 2011

When this photo, said to be the work of Matt Clayton, hit the internet on the 4th of July, it set off some major fireworks.  There was controversy about his site being compromised and this photo was the banner displayed on what turned out, when the link was clicked on, not to be his official site at all.  However it came about, the leak of this photo exploded like a Catherine wheel over the fan base.  It was copied, pasted, set as desktop backgrounds, twitpiks and gravatars.  It was made into collages, cropped, enlarged, posted profusely, and commented on.

The picture has him resting languidly on one arm against weather-beaten stone, mouth partially open, reflecting a relaxed, almost bored state.  Yet there is an intensity in the stare that belies the laid-back pose.  The viewer is left with the impression that he is not bored or tired at all, but engrossed and even fascinated a little by what he sees.  It is a remarkable work, capturing in shades of black, white and gray the wise innocence and seductive charm of  David Archuleta.

The encounter with this work opened me up to memories and connections I would  not otherwise have made on my own.  I remembered a stark black and white video of Sade.  Her voice is as smooth and sensual as her movements and just as controlled.

She is a class act, a rarity in today’s tawdry music world of female striptease artists/acrobats.  Some comments posted on YouTube:

“She is one classy lady…She doesn’t have to sell herself by trying to be half dressed and dress crazy for attention…She can just be her self…She has more talent in her pinkie than these so called female artists of today…”

“I can dance to beyonce, rihanna, kesha, and lady gaga’s stuff…but after listening to Sade’s music…their music just seems so…trite and immature…”

“have to love the fact she doesn’t dress like a whore and still looks hotter than all the trashy female artists of today!”

David will have his own style, maybe a little bit of smooth jazzy funk like this and maybe something very different.  What led me to make the connection between him and Sade is, in a word:  Class.  Uncompromising artistic and personal standards, and a sensuality that is not forced.  It is as natural as breathing.  Sade, born, Helen Folasade Adu in Nigeria and raised in England, started out in the 1980’s with a band called Sade that would become her namesake.  In time she would be referred to as simply, Sade.  Her career has lasted for decades, her personal life is kept closely private and without scandal.  A singer-songwriter, composer and record producer, she is the most successful female solo artist in British history and was awarded the Officer of the Order of the British Empire for her contributions to popular music.  She is currently on a 74 city tour, “Sade Live”, starting and ending in Europe and presently here in America showcasing her latest album, The Ultimate Collection.  Her band and music style is described as a mixture of R&B, soul, jazz, funk and soft rock.  Sound familiar?

The black and white Matt Clayton photo led to the memory of a black and white video which then led to a recollection of another video by Sade.  One of a young man with a striped pull-over shirt similar to the one David wears in the photo that started it all.  So the connections come full circle, to another visual work of sensual beauty and innocence.  Art begets art.

85 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ Composition in Black and White”

From the previous thread

Tawna21 said
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 12:16 AM e

I’m so glad I was able to be in the throng of people at SOF! The luncheon was tons of fun . I had my daughter and my 6-yo gdaughter with me. My gdaughter was in heaven with the goodie bag. David’s performance that evening was heart-stopping. During the fireworks there was one set of 3 or 4 booms that literally shook the stadium and de-fibbed my heart for me. Funniest part of that, was that my 2-yo grandson slept thru it even tho’ they nearly shook him out of his dad’s arms. We had a perfect evening–other than a mile-plus walk to and from our vehicle, and a 45 min. wait to get out of the parking lot, but the beauty of the whole show kept us happy thru it all. The weather was perfect, the mountains were gorgeous, the people around us were so great (one group was kind of weird, but ignore-able ~ that’s now a word), and the entertainment was out of this world!!

As is usual, the videos don’t do full justice to actually being there, but they are so appreciated, even by those of us who were there. It’s just impossible to take it all in at once, so it’s great to be able to come back again and again and re-live the event.

Thank you djafan #80 for that link. :) It’s on it’s way to my iPod!

I hope everyone had a good holiday and is ready to hit the work week as we wait (again) for David’s next stop!!

Tawna

This picture is another example of how David inspires just by being himself. He drives us to:
    “It was copied, pasted, set as desktop backgrounds, twitpiks and gravatars. It was made into collages, cropped, enlarged, posted profusely, and commented on.”

From wikipedia:
    The adage “A picture is worth a thousand words” refers to the idea that a complex idea can be conveyed with just a single still image.

The quote is sometimes attributed to Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, who said “Un bon croquis vaut mieux qu’un long discours,” or “A good sketch is better than a long speech”. While this is sometimes translated today as “A picture is worth a thousand words,” this translation may not predate the phrase’s common use in English.

Lovely videos featuring Sade! It is fascinating to read the quotes from fans who see the real artist.

““I love Sade’s innocent beauty. It’s much more than skin deep. What an awesome gift God bestowed upon us with her birth. I love this band.”

Things her fans express are similar to what we have said about David. For me, his voice pulls you in, his face makes you stay and his soul brings you back for more. So much more than skin deep.

For those who didn’t get a close look at the “stripped shirt lover”

Thanks for this article Angelica. It was straight from your heart, as usual.

Angelica►”It is a remarkable work, capturing in shades of black, white and gray the wise innocence and seductive charm of David Archuleta.”

I love seeing David through your artistically keen eyes, and thoughtful observations.especially since everytime I look at him, I can’t seem to form a sentence.stuck on Gah%$#&^^%.
    The picture is very intriguing. and yes, it is my desktop background now:)
    Your article raises a burning question, for me, which is, what did Matt Clayton and David discuss about this picture and latest photoshoot,what did David want to come across in these photos? especially this one.
    I would love it if someone did an interview with Matt, about the collection of shots he fires at Davids fans.The man is ruthless.

Abrra►For me, his voice pulls you in, his face makes you stay and his soul brings you back for more. So much more than skin deep.

so much more abrra…♥

4. gladys said

Sorry, I’m off the subject of the article, but I wanted to tell you this, all my dreams being fulfilled, I hope that it, too.

gladys yelma / July 5, 2011
    I have difficulty with the English language, but to my surprise the site is easy to access, thanks for making it so easy.
    I make a suggestion, there are songs that I like to listen to the voice of David, there will be some space available within the site for that??
    I send greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    (Please tell David that the South also exists)

admin / July 5, 2011
    We, too, would like to be able to listen to David here and are working to make that happen.
    Keep supporting David in Argentina and other South American countries and who knows what could happen? David would love to visit your countries one day.

5. ram said

Angelica your articles are a pleasure to read and mull over. And the picture is also quite mull worthy. Have to say that black and white picture is captivating!! And anybody venture a guess what he might be thinking as this pic was sanapped?

Maybe he is looking out at his fandom and asking “Are you with me now? Take me or leave me as I am.” This young man is gutsy and interesting. No doubt about it.

6. Heidijoy said

Angelica, Thanks so much for sharing your artistic view of the picture of David in the striped shirt and the connection to Sade and her music/video(complete with the man in a striped shirt). So beautiful and heartfelt. Wow!

I love Sade’s music and artistry.

New picture

Found at http://davidarchuletaindonesia.com/

David Archuleta at the Constitution Fair

Come and celebrate the US Constitution this year at Civic Plaza / Town Square in Gilbert, AZ on Saturday, September 17th, 2011, at 6pm. Cost is $2/person or $10/family.

David Archuleta’s new album, The Other Side of Down, is a reintroduction to the American Idol runner-up with the angelic voice who 30 million television viewers fell in love with during season 7—now older, wiser, with faith still on his side and an eternally optimistic wide-eyed outlook. Don’t miss David at the 2011 Constitution Fair!

I like the language they are using in the press releases that I am seeing. The tone is clear that the TOSOD CD is “repackaged” and it will “reintroduce’ David as the artist he sees himself as, not what Jive tried to make him into. My words, not theirs.

8. Vee,Proud 50 yr old David fan said

@SonyMusicId

Thanks @kimicool

The Cover and album list of David’s TOSOD Asian tour edition

P.S. I got my concert tickets and might be able to go to the M&G with JR

Vee

By the way , love SaDe music and David’s stripy shirt

Vee

Great minds think alike :)

10. Vee,Proud 50 yr old David fan said

From David archuleta. Indonesia

Lots of promo from Sony Music

11. Vee,Proud 50 yr old David fan said

Hi Ms Abrra

Of course. I can’t sleep ( 2:47 am, Sydney time) and is doing web surfing, what topic: you guess.

See you , better sleep now, lots of work to do.

Vee :)

Scan of an interview from http://onedavid.wordpress.com/ David talks about his career and why his dad, Jeff Archuleta, is his new manager.

Archuleta All grown Up

Click the link, then click the image to make it bigger.

13. sweetonDA said

OMG, I’ve just died and gone to heaven!!!!

David is coming to town and just a few blocks from where I live in Gilbert, AZ!!!

I wasn’t expecting this in the least. That makes me so excited for the fans here in Arizona.

I wonder if he will be singing or just an appearance. The link didn’t make that clear. Oh who cares…I’m totally squeeeeeeeing anyway. :)

Angelica, I love your symbolism between David and Sade. I just love her music too.

Vee, so glad you got your tickets and praying that you are going to go to the VIP with JR.

I wonder if we can pre-order the album in the US? Anyone know?

Angelica, I just love your way with words. Your description of the photo was perfect.

“It is a remarkable work, capturing in shades of black, white and gray the wise innocence and seductive charm of David Archuleta.”

Perfection. ♥

And I like the way you picked up on that look of fascination. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what that look was, but that’s it. I could see an album with that picture on the cover titled “Fascination”

#7 He looks sooo good in a jacket.

15. bluebar said

Every picture of David has a beauty all it’s own!

I, too, join in with everyone saying: How does he do this, or that, or whatever it is … to keep us spell-bound.
    From “Heaven” three years ago (on my TV screen), till now (after a thousand photos, miles long) and beyond… to all future images, I am and will remain truly in awe! There is no visual comparison of David to anyone.

Also, a special thank you to Angelica and others here at “The Voice” who capture the essence of David in words… to accompany the beautiful photos. Many times, he is just indescribable!

16. amb4da said

Just listened (I’m behind in my video watching) to the SOF medley of patriotic tunes from David and my heart warmed over to mush. I just love him. What he can do with a song is matched by no other, to me. What he can do with expressing his beautiful heart through music is also unmatched. And once again, he’s lifted me to somewhere else through his music. I just love him for that…thank you David…BEAUTIFUL job on that arrangement and performance…so heartfelt and poignant.

Back later….I’ve got more video watching to catch up on!!

(no disrespect)…didn’t even read this article yet…just had to hear some music and post for now…back later…

17. xaris said

Love your take on this picture and his expression, Angelica, as well as the comparison to Sade. While my mouth was hanging open when I first saw this picture, I went ahead and started laughing. Someone on here recently was wanting David to stop wearing striped shirts because the look reminded them of Dennis the Menace. I am not a fan of stripes either, so I was kind of agreeing, until…. Boy, this photo gives a whole new meaning to menace.

Cheers all!

Angelica,

“The picture has him resting languidly on one arm against weather-beaten stone, mouth partially open, reflecting a relaxed, almost bored state. Yet there is an intensity in the stare that belies the laid-back pose. The viewer is left with the impression that he is not bored or tired at all, but engrossed and even fascinated a little by what he sees. It is a remarkable work, capturing in shades of black, white and gray the wise innocence and seductive charm of David Archuleta.”

Your description fit that picture so perfectly. A stunning picture that shook the fans lol. Hoping to see more of these pictures with the direction his music is taking.

Amb4da,

“Excuse me for being totally random (as usual here)…stopped in, cuz was in the middle of “one of those days” and just needed a “change of heart” that only the D-man and his music can give me. haha…so often…in those instances…I’ll click here to see what’s up..”

“and thanks too to the Voice…for being here…as a space for all our rants, and vents…random and otherwise. ”

So glad David or D-man :) can help you and us through some trying days. Everyone is always welcomed to come here an vent, rant, love whatever your mood dictates ♥

This on David’s OS!

Come and celebrate the US Constitution with David at the Constitution Fair at Civic Plaza / Town Square in Gilbert, AZ, on Saturday, September 17th at 6 p.m.! David will play a full set with his band. You won’t want to miss this show!

Entrance fee: $2/person or $10/family.

Visit http://www.ConstitutionWeekUSA.com for more information about the Constitution Fair.

David tweets!!!

I have a new official website up!! If you want to check out how it’s coming you can go to DavidArchuleta.com 3 minutes ago via web

21. Dakgal said

Angelica—you always give me a lesson on how to see things differently, but I’ll probably never be able to grasp it the way you do. Great article.

Xaris #17—–”Someone on here recently was wanting David to stop wearing striped shirts because the look reminded them of Dennis the Menace. I am not a fan of stripes either, so I was kind of agreeing, until…. Boy, this photo gives a whole new meaning to menace.”

LOL— that was me. ;) Amen to what you said about the meaning of the word “menace”. Nothin like having to eat your words– but on the other hand –with that look on his face and that hair–he could be wearing a burlap bag and we’d still all be dropping like flies.

As Angelica’s cat says–”Dayummnnn–you sexy” ( Only the cat could get away with saying that!)

I could sit and look at this picture for hours and fantasize about— what I’m thinking about– what he is thinking about. 8O

And as I scroll up and fantasize some more–I find it interesting how the picture to the left is saying ” Well peeps, what do you all think of that picture! and the picture to the left is laughing at us all–cause he knows what we are thinking.

When all is said and done he has found a new way to “menace” with our minds. 8)

22. amb4da said

This: “Class. Uncompromising artistic and personal standards,” Absolutely.

“and a sensuality that is not forced. It is as natural as breathing.”
    I could not agree more. I have been saying this to anyone (haha…ie. no one!) who will listen about David vs. everyone else I see lately with so much contrived “sexuality” that “sells” out there…it’s boring by comparison to someone who is naturally sensual as David is.

(and I don’t mean that in a creepy-like way, David!!)….I mean, sensuality…real expression of one’s senses that come across from the emotions of the music, and from who someone is inside etc. Natural movement on stage that follows what he is feeling as he sings. As opposed to contrived “sexy moves”…he’s got it all over all those others that “pose.” And a lot of people miss that because everyone’s gotten so used to the “made-up sexy.” kind of confusing the way I’m trying to explain it…but Angelica’s line is what hit the nail on what I’ve been feeling for so long watching David “emote” and make people feel something real vs. all the feigned stuff that’s out there now.

23. Tawna21 said

Good golly Miss Molly!! Angelica your way with words is truely A-MAZing! Like MT (#14), I couldn’t quite define ‘that look’, but I think you’ve pegged it with this article. The photo is definitely some kind of ‘specially sweet eye candy and yet at the same time a very. hot . potato. Matt Clatyon is going to have us all lying on the ground in a stupor if he keeps this up. :P I wonder if he could make me look as good in a photo as he does David? Not a snowball’s chance in a Utah July–he has something gorgeous to work with to begin with. He doesn’t have to ‘make’ anything with David, it’s already there!! I don’t think I’ve ever been aware of Sade before now–I really like her style. Nice and smooth.

Vee—fingers and toes are crossed for a VIP for you!! I’m so glad you are going!

I’m suddenly feeling the urge to visit Gilbert, AZ in Sept.!!! :) :)

Tawna

24. amb4da said

I didn’t find where the fansites are listed yet?.. but that’s great too!

Great read, Angelica!

I’m not a fan of stripes but “if anyone can make me fall in love” with stripes, David can. He’s a photographer’s dream; he rarely takes a bad picture.

Sweetonda#13 David is coming to your town to just a few blocks from where you live?!!! Now THAT is what I call luck!

New TOSOD Asia Edition Album back cover:

Five new songs: Zero Gravity, Love Don’t Hate, Everything And More, Notice Me and Wait.

LOLing about the comments on stripes. I’m not a fan of stripes either, but that’s okay. I’m not looking at the shirt. :D

27. pattiNC said

Hi everyone! The song title “Notice Me”..made me laugh…we are David…we are! I too love the OS..finally a professional looking site..long overdo!!

28. Tawna21 said

okay my dear friends — THIS—> “Handsome and heartbreakingly good, David’s singing is infectious. He is able to blend his voice towards whatever circumstances the material calls for.:” and there’s more good stuff in the entire article here:

Pamela Pike LOVES him as much as we do! *just sayin’*

Tawna

Thanks guys for the nice comments. That pic deserved its own post. haha. Loving the new Official Fansite! Found this comment and fun response from the admin that kinda ties into this thread, dated today.

skyangel / July 6, 2011

Right, right, lol.. please don’t kill off the fans with posting too many pics of David all at once…. haha! :) And maybe you should give us ample WARNING that you will be posting a David pic! Then we could brace ourselves lol! Because we fans always say that these pics should come with a warning beforehand lol! :) Thank you! Haha
    ___________________________________________________________________________

admin / July 6, 2011

Post: New photo of David, click here x

click: You’re sure? Because it might kill you. If you really want to see it, click here: x

click: Don’t say we didn’t warn you! You’re sure now? Click here: x

click: Fan dies anyway.

We tried.
    ___________________________________________________________________________

Vee! Got your concert tix and may be going to the M&G? Awesome possum!

SweetonDA, David is coming to a town near you, just a few blocks away? You must be living right. Congratulations!

Me, LuvieD, and Paula are in the early stages of planning our campaign to get him to come south of the Mason Dixon line for the Christmas tour! ;)

30. Djafan said

Arizona Arizona Arizona

Full set with band in September five hours from me..hmmmm. I’m thinking more of these gigs will be appearing.

David with dancers.

31. Tawna21 said

side note about STR at the Stadium of Fire– I read in one of the newspapers that the Provo City Fire Dept. was stomping out a small fireworks fire behind the stage as David was singing STR!! I guess he lit the stage up a little more than usual! :) haha

I’m with amb4da… “And ps and btw….I LOVE the new official website!! So HAPPY after almost 4 years, the boy has a professional website that he so deserves, that finally feels right, and seems like there’s a lot more great stuff to come on it! Love the pics of him there so far too…so naturally, him.”

Tawna

27.PattiNC…. “The song title “Notice Me”..made me laugh…we are David…we are! ”
    hahaha!, that is too funny Patti.

MT, and Bebe. To be totally honest, as much as I am totally in love with that picture, I have to concentrate on not looking at the shirt. silly as it may sound stripes give me a headache. I know,weird.

Love the new site♥

#12. abrra, that article was interesting to read.Each time David shares more little bits of information with us, we get a better insight into the past few years experiences and lessons learned. It makes more sense to me why David has his Dad managing him during this transitional period.

New closeup video of ALTNOY from SOF!

Credit: 1lizd

Group PIcture After Soundcheck
    (look closely to see David at around :17, :30

Credit: 1lizd

‘Crush”
    (David’s view of the full house at SOF!

credit: TopBlip

Jwipe’s videos are up!
    Here’s SSB.

37. emmegirl said

What we couldn’t pinpoint or put to words you have assessed and described perfectly. Thanks again Angelica.

Sade, beautiful video. I would bet he is familiar with her music.

bebe, “I’m not a fan of stripes but “if anyone can make me fall in love” with stripes, David can”…Liberace suit, polyester (AI 70′s commercial)
    …not much he can’t pull off.

where is everybody? yoo hoo?

Not much going on here.Waiting to hear back from my manager at work. I requested this coming Saturday off, so that I could go to a little ol’ ball game. Hoping for plan A to work.
    Plan B would be to ask politely to leave, not too long after I got there
    Plan c if needed would not be very pretty. would involve a lot of groveling, possibly throwing myself on her desk in a pitiful sobbing heap. and begging. a lot of begging.
    fingers are crossed for plan A.
    would be sooo much easier on everyone involved.

Sky, LOLOL I hope you don’t have to resort to plan C, but could understand using it as a last resort. *keeping fingers crossed for plan A* :)

Sky, Thank you for the laugh. Is it still real hot in Arizona in September? :)

Check out the video contest winners for Pond’s Teen Concert Meet and Greet With David Archuleta, 20 of them. They really good.

40.Dja. lol! I don’t know about Arizona in September, but it is “hotter than Haiti” in north Texas in July. That is where I be. :)

(still have not heard anything back as yet from my mgr., probably wants to make me sweat till I go in this afternoon. dang)

39. thanks MT haha *keeping fingers crossed for plan A* :)

Sky, oh lol…had you in the wrong state.

I read somewhere that David plays a little drums just like a little guitar.

David tweets!!!

I had a dream last night that The Band Perry needed a drummer, so I played drums for them. I wish I could actually play drums. 19 minutes ago via txt

Awwwww

@katedangerous @DavidArchie I WILL TEACH YOU. the end.

44. xaris said

Sky #38–Ha! Just remember if push comes to shove, it is always easier to ask forgiveness than permission–or to be conveniently sick.

I CANNOT WAIT!!!! Brought this over from FOD

~ Glad Christmas Tidings DVD

During December 2010, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Orchestra at Temple Square, and Bells on Temple Square were joined by singing sensation David Archuleta in a series of concerts that gloried in the old-time pioneer Christmases of centuries past, thrilling a combined audience of more than 80,000 in the Conference Center at Temple Square. Through magnificent music and spectacular dancing, the audience was transported back to simpler times on the frontier, when Christmas evoked the glow of candles and log fires, the smell of fir trees, and the frosty wideness of star-filled winter skies.

In this live recording from the concert series, David Archuleta sings of those Bethlehem shepherds in magnificent new arrangements of “Silent Night” and “The Cat and the Mouse Carol.” He reiterates the angel’s jubilant message in “Joy to the World,” and repeats the shepherds’ call to “Come, let us adore Him” in the Christmas classic “Gesú bambino.” In a nod to his own Latino heritage, Archuleta brings youthful charm and enthusiasm to “Los pastores a belén,” a favorite Spanish carol about the Bethlehem shepherds.

Alongside these outstanding solos, the Choir presents an energetic opening processional based on “While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks,” majestic choruses by Mozart and Vaughan Williams, a dancing interpretation of three European carols, and the serene stillness of “Away in a Manger,” one of the most popular American Christmas carols. With organist Richard Elliott’s spirited reinterpretation of “Deck the Halls” as a rustic hoedown, and the rousing refrain of “Angels, from the Realms of Glory”—the Choir’s signature finale—this recording enthusiastically celebrates the “good tidings of great joy” heard on the hills outside Bethlehem that first Christmas night.

The full concert is available on DVD. And continuing a Christmas tradition, PBS will broadcast a one-hour version of the show during the holiday season.

Glad Christmas Tidings: Live in Concert (CD)

***Release date: September 6, 2011***

SKU: 5060810

Price: $18.98

Glad Christmas Tidings: Live in Concert (DVD)

***Release date: September 6, 2011***

SKU: 5060815

Price: $24.98

FULL CD TRACK LISTING:

1. Processional: “A Christmas Roundelay” (4:46) Choir, Orchestra, and Bells

2. Joy to the World (3:20) Choir, Orchestra, and Bells, featuring David Archuleta

3. The Cat and the Mouse Carol (6:28) Choir and Orchestra, featuring David Archuleta

4. “Gloria in excelsis” from Mass in C Minor (2:23) Choir and Orchestra

5. Gesú bambino (4:21) Choir and Orchestra, featuring David Archuleta

6. “Ring Out, Ye Crystal Spheres” from Hodie (4:29) Choir and Orchestra

7. Los pastores a belén (2:58) David Archuleta with Orchestra

8. Silent Night (4:45) Choir and Orchestra, featuring David Archuleta

9. Three Dancing Carols (5:47) Choir, Orchestra, and Bells

10. A Holiday Hoedown for Organ (“Deck Them Halls”) (2:17) Organist: Richard Elliott

11. Away in a Manger (3:34) Choir and Orchestra

12. Angels, from the Realms of Glory (4:39) Choir, Orchestra, and Bells, featuring David Archuleta

13. Sing, Choirs of Angels! (14:58) Narrator: Michael York

Total running time: 65:44

&&^*&df(f7OAUOFJA;ROWEORUFJDJ

Oh man!!! What exciting news! Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy!
    Whoever chose that gorgeous picture of David deserves a thumbs up! That is one of the best smiley pics I’ve seen of David EVER!!!

45. Dja, thanks for bringing that here.

There are lots of things I should say about the DVD/CD coming out, but all I can think of when I look at that cover is:

Is it possible for anyone to look happier than David is in that cover photo? The absolute joy in his face brings tears to my eyes. ♥ So glad you got to have that experience, David.

Screen cap heaven! A bit shaky video but the close ups are amazing.

Sky
    I hope you get the chance to go ( /cough recap) to see David on Saturday. You never know when he will be back to your area, right?

Djafan

Thank you for bringing that info about the Motab DVD/CD. He looks glorious! I will be buying a few copies for sure!

/confession
    I will only put the songs with David included on my Iphone. I put the whole Orla CD on my phone but I only listen to the songs that have David singing. I blame my addiction to his voice.No one else can compare.

49. Tawna21 said

Holy Schmoly! djafan (#45) that is awesome news and the cover photo is even more awesome!! David is pure joy in this pic–’bout to bust the buttons on that green vest!

Abrra– I guess I better start a new piggy bank for the copies I will be buying– hope we can pre-order soon so the producers realize that they need to make a bajillion copies, before the release date, because none of us wants an out-of-stock comment to come up as we order.

Tawna

Wow!! What a beautiful thread this has become, from the beginning pic with the stripes, some Matt Clayton, a little sumpthin Djafan threw in, SOF videos and now that awesome Motab cover. Whew!! What a lovely day this turned out to be.

I could not believe the Stomping Roses video at #30. I was there, seventh row on the field and honestly had no idea there were dancers. I remember seeing those girls around the stage just before David started singing, but cannot accept the truth of the video. They seem to be the focus. Hmmmm. Am I a victim of tunnel vision? Are you people playing a trick on me? Whatever. My view was superior to that camera and I am happy with it.

Sky, whatever it takes, you know it will be worth it. Have you tried flattery? a bribe? blackmail?

50. Dayzee, when you have your eyes on David on that stage, everything and everybody else disappears right?♥

well, when I got to work, found out the assistant manager had reworked NEXT weeks schedule to give me the wrong Saturday off! So back to square one. I left a note on managers desk tonite, reminding her I said the 9th, this saturday. hoping she will be in a good mood in the morning when she sees it.:)

You guys are so right, the cover of that DVD is wonderful!! ooooh! what a great picture, you are right Tawna, “David is pure joy in this pic” eeeek! so excited!

Dayzee, thank you for plan D. heh heh

52. pocoelsy said

Awesome post, awesome comments, awesome pictures (*thud*). We should declare David the most handsome guy in the world already. just look at the stripe shirt pic and the joy on his face on that christmas dvd cover, heaven!!… and haven’t even touch on the topic of the voice, the heart, and the “David” that he is, yet. Man, if he keeps this up we’re doom lol, I hope he keeps it up though lol. I’m in on this ride wherever he’ll take me, for evahh haha. Have to love the guy no other choice!!!

53. dakgal said

Did everybody fall down a rat hole or what?

Are you still speechless over David’s latest performance or all the screen caps or the LOOK?

Well, shake it off!!!! There’s more to come and you had better get prepared. 8O

Sky—and the mystery continues– is it plan A-B-Cor D–or all?

Someone—- any one –I’m lonely!!

54. dakgal said

And furthermore —if I can claw my way back to reality–so can you!

I can even blink again. ;lol;

53. “Did everybody fall down a rat hole or what?”

Awww, Hi Dak! *waves* Here’s a little something for you. :)

New Photo on the OS …

56. dakgal said

OOPS—-:lol: This is fun –a whole site to myself.

But three posts in a row –should wake up the the keeper of the wand.

When the cat’s away –the mice will play.

G’ bye Abrra

57. dakgal said

#4 post

Dang it!! :lol: Thanks MT– me thinks that’s where everyone is. ;)

I’m here, I’m here!

Dak, LOL You make me laugh!
    You can play here all you want, whether the cats are here or not.

Sky, Sending prayers that you get Saturday off to see David!!!

More stripes, huh? With the promise of more pics to come on the OS!

Should we thud now or later? LOL

David tweets:

“Funny how when you’re not looking sometimes life can show you a better view.”
    3 hours ago

Dak and MT,

Hiyah! I knew that photo was Matt Clayton! Now to wait till the rest are posted. 8)

Been busy at work and to the dentist and up late with a sore jaw. All is well now though, just sleepy. /yawn.

Sky, crossing my fingers you get the OK from your manager today.

Bebe, thanks for popping that pic in. Sooo handsome! (As always)

But his hair isn’t mussed up there. lol

Someone needs to go run their hands through it! Any volunteers?

Go to this link to hear David’s two Public Service Announcements for The MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association). You have to scroll down to his name. Shouldn’t be hard; he’s the third one listed. :)

With that voice, he can sell me anything!

Oh, almost forgot the link: (LOL)

HAHAHAHA! you guys crack me up.

aww Angelica, hope your jaw’s not sore anymore.

60. MT, ha!…”here David, let me mussy style your hair for you.”
    by the time I got my fill of that, poor guy wouldn’t have any hair left on his head.

ok, I am headed off to work land and hopefully will no longer see my name on the Saturday schedule.
    thanks you guys, keep those fingers crossed for a few more hours for me. I wanna go! :)

Angelica, hope your jaw is all better soon. ♥

Bebe: In those MDA announcements, you can hear the sincerety in his voice. So touching. (Even his speaking voice has such warmth that it reaches out to people.)

Sky, fingers and toes starting to cramp but still crossed!! lol Let us know … Good luck!

Sky, LOL David has a lot of hair. You’d be good for HOURS before you had to worry!

64. dakgal said

Bringing this over so I don’t have so far to go to see it. ;)

Surprise!!! — I’m confused—

Why are there two 8throwcenter videos? The one on the side bar is different than this one–this one is up closer and has more views.

8throwcenter

65. Shawna said

Dakgal, you are a hoot♥♥♥☻☻☻!!!! By the way, Muldur(Nancy)(8throwcenter)posted on twitter that she took the first vids with her camera and her friend dhsail(Donna)took the newer ones with Muldur’s video camera. That is why there are two.

Angelica, again, your writing skills just amaze me. Sorry about your tooth:(((( Glad all is well now.

Went to AI concert last night with Claudia and Pattirae. It was fun to be with them. Patti said this was the best AI concert so far. She has been to a few. This was my first one, so nothing for me to compare it too. Just kept kicking myself that I hadn’t gone to the David one. Still can’t believe I was too cheap to go at the time, and now I don’t hesitate to fork out the money at the drop of a hat if something David comes up. Gilbert, anyone??? Looks like Pattirae and Claudia and I are going to that one for sure. Pattirae has a daughter that lives close and CB has a sister that lives right in Gilbert, and after meeting the sweet and wonderful SweetonDA on Saturday, the options are limitless now.

O, and {{{{YES}}}}, I had a super wonderful, delicious time on Saturday, meeting new fans, and getting to see our man perform again. I live to see him perform live!!!!!!!!! And to share the whole day with Pattirae made it even that much more special. She is such a trooper with how she has dealt with what has been thrown at her the last 6 months. I so admire that woman more than she will ever know.

Love this place

Hello!

Dak, I wuv you!!!

Busy busy day at work and it’s not over yet. :(

Nice new picture and more to come so says the OS who has been very busy. Beautiful Motab banner.

David Promo Postcard!

David’s tweet made top tweet today :)

“Funny how when you’re not looking sometimes life can show you a better view.”

Clevver TV on David Archuleta’s New Website.

67. emmegirl said

MT, you can really hear the genuine caring in his voice in that MDA spot. Played it 3 times.

Hey Shawna!

So glad you were all able to go to SOF and see and hear that wonderful man :)

Dak, 8throwcenter vids confused me too lol.

69. dakgal said

Shawna–#65—Thank you–I love a good mystery.

Dja #66— I wuv you too!! –It’s nice to have a fellow confusee. :?

MT–#60 and Sky–#62—–back away from the hair!! I want him to have every single strand until he’s 100.

Angelica–#59—Glad you are better–I HATE dentists–in the time of my childhood–they had very large square needles and I think their drills were powered by gerbils running in a cage. I was damaged for life. :x

Dak,

lol. No I don’t mind dentists really. In fact I was sleepy when I got there and was just chillin’ in the reclining chair after the dentist gave me the shots to numb my gums. Almost fell asleep for the ten minutes they left me there alone while the shots took effect. Then he and his assistant returned to the room and sat on either side of me and prepared to get started. I looked drowsily up at the assistant and gave her a grotesque one-sided smile with half my mouth working. She looked down at me gravely and said, “Did you say a little prayer?” My eyes flew open behind those goggles and I went “Whub?? Pway? Why bu I neeb to pway??” my heart racing like crazy. She goes, “Well, it’s really deep and it’s really, really close to a nerve.” 8O .

I pwayed weawwee hard then. It turned out alright but I spent the rest of the evening pouring Diet Dr. Pepper into one side of my mouth and mopping it up as it ran right out the other. haha.

Wonder how Sky’s making out with the boss. :?

71. Susie said

When you see those three pictures at the top of the post!

It’s a wonder anyone goes down any further!

72. dakgal said

Angelica #70—Bwahahahaha

Dentists are now light years ahead of what they were then—well I’ll let Cosby explain–I think you took lessons from him!!

elbenio

Emmegirl: “Played it 3 times.” <– Me too.

Angelica: "pouring Diet Dr. Pepper into one side of my mouth and mopping it up as it ran right out the other." lol I know the feeling.

71. Susie: haha It does take a moment or two to get past those gorgeous pics, doesn't it?

74. Tawna21 said

bebe #61– I heard the 30 sec. public announcement today on a radio station that I was tuned to in the car. I about scared my husband to death as I cranked up the volume–we had been talking but when I heard ‘this is David Archuleta’ (in my other ear), our conversation briefly came to an end. lol

“With that voice, he can sell me anything!” so true, so true ~ he could sell shoes to a shoe salesman with that voice!

Waiting to hear from Sky — fingers and toes crossed with the rest of you
    ummmm, Angelica, “Wonder how Sky’s making out with the boss. “ I hope all she has to do is ask. lol

Tawna

75. Susie said

When I see the post picture – he is not talking music!

I totally missed David’s tweet!!

“Funny how when you’re not looking sometimes life can show you a better view.”

Wonder what he was looking at??

Tawna #74 “…he could sell shoes to a shoe salesman with that voice!” <<< You got that right! :)

Earth to Skydancer…Any news yet?

Stripes in color! Found on tumblir

Angelica,”Wonder how Sky’s making out with the boss. :?
    no matter what you may have heard, I am not making out with the boss…but if she gives me the day off Saturday, I might kiss her on the cheek.:)
    As it is, you won’t believe this….she went home sick today.sinus infection and thrush before I got there (This must be a week for mouths or something) as sick as she is, I will probably have to work, but I AM leaving early enough to get there. ‘oops, sorry, got to go now’
    Since no one has said squat to my request “uh, I don’t know” I made an executive decision.
    Got 2 tickets….one for me and one for my daughter(she wants to see the ” Scrubs” actor)pfftt! I just want to see David♥♥.( so will they let you bring a telescope into the ballpark??)

You all have left me cracking up tonite, and Angelica, your story had me LMAO. hahaha

So,all I got to say is , woo hoo!!!!! ♥♥

Hi everyone, sorry so late commenting on the article. Love the picture, of course. I love David in black and white photos. Remember the Seton High pictures? Lovely. :)

One more thing. I cannot get over this…

How many syllables does the word beautiful have? HOW CAN HE MAKE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SOUND?
    Sorry, going a little crazy here. :)

Betsy,

Thanks. Was just watching that. ♥

Sky,

You go guurrl! Plan B commencing.

Dak,

LOL! Love Bill Cosby! I remember having that comedy routine and all the others from that performance on a vinyl album and laughing with my sister so hard to it! He managed to be funny and didn’t need to be coarse or swear to do it. Great stuff!

Oh dang. Kodachrome.

Photobucket

oh forgot to say, our seats are behind home plate.Hopefully close enough to zoom and video when he sings.
    I had a dream I met and talked to David before the ballgame…. oh wait, .that’s the dream I am having tonight . better get on that now, goodnight everyone! squeeeeeeeeeee!

Wait Sky!!

83. Learn how to play a guitar today. Lots of video tutorials and guides…

David Archuleta ~ Composition in Black and White « The Voice…

84. amberen said

amberen for menopause…

David Archuleta ~ Composition in Black and White « The Voice…

85. music kompa…

[...]David Archuleta ~ Composition in Black and White « The Voice[...]…