David Archuleta ~ Into the Vortex

Posted by Angelica on Monday, June 6, 2011

I know many of you out there have been swept up into various video vortexes since the Voice emerged with his jazzy-soul-funk-blues-pop-fusion-go-head-with-yo-bad-self-vibe.  Whew!   Let me take you down a couple of my own recent rabbit holes.

First, “Everybody Wants to Rule the World.”  Yeah, I know, everybody’s thinks they have explored and conquered that world already but this is the part that won’t let me go.  Right where he begins to feel the joy while the band transitions to an upbeat tempo and he’s not singing but BRINGS THE MIC UP AND IDK GOES SHHHHH INTO IT OR SOMETHING SO DASTARDLY I MEAN HOW DARE HE USE HIS MOUTH AS A WIND INSTRUMENT LIKE THAT?   Who makes a shhhhhh sound into a mic for no earthly reason except the pure love of sound?  Play dat funky music, white boi!  He don’t play fair and that’s the way you do it!  He even has a sly, crooked smile on his face the whole time.  Why does that drive me crazy?

Speaking of crazy, welcome to my other abyss.  “Crazy” from the AI Viewing Party.  It’s all good but this is, IMO the best Crazy yet and the part that keeps me tethered tight is right here.

That.  That Ray Charles/Stevie Wonder shoulder roll at the beginning followed by that scrunching, crouching, hunkering low down in his seat as he reaches way down for something in the deepest depths of his soulful soul.   What he brings to the surface is something primal, like all human emotion from the beginning of time.  He wields his voice like a sword, so sharp it cuts right through you and with the tender passage that follows, you are healed.  Who does that?  Who makes a sound like that?  I have never heard anyone do what he does with his voice and genius for emotional expression.

This next part is for David, my message in a bottle that I hope will somehow wash up on whatever shore you wander.  Own who you are, all of it.  Embrace it.  Wrap your arms around it and if they don’t reach the whole entirety of your being, drill down till all of who you are bubbles up to the surface and know that you are the owner of all that you find.  Your treasure is waiting.

Mama may have, Papa may have
But God bless the child that’s got his own.

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:21

174 Responses to “David Archuleta ~ Into the Vortex”

1. Jan said

You did it again, Angelica! You have a way with words that I love, love, love! Great post. I too love that part of EWTRTW, love the new David sound and Crazy is one of my all time favorites! Got to see him sing it live at VIP. He is so special and getting better every day(if that’s possible)…but he does!

2. kaycee said

Just checking in before bed, and POW! Angelica, how am I supposed to go to sleep now! You had me laughing: “HOW DARE HE USE HIS MOUTH AS A WIND INSTRUMENT LIKE THAT?”, pondering: “He wields his voice like a sword, so sharp it cuts right through you and with the tender passage that follows, you are healed.”, and then absolutely getting the chills: “Own who you are, all of it. Embrace it. Wrap your arms around it and if they don’t reach the whole entirety of your being, drill down till all of who you are bubbles up to the surface and know that you are the owner of all that you find. Your treasure is waiting.”

Ah Angelica, so beautiful, and so true.

3. Lynnella said

Angelica – Your articles are an artform in and of themselves. It’s like you reach down inside me and pull out everything I didn’t know I was thinking. I stand in awe.

As for that version of Crazy, I can’t stop watching it. David’s not that little boy I voted for on Idol anymore. He’s finally coming into his own, as an adult, and I can’t wait to see what lies ahead.

4. pattiNC said

Beautifully said Angelica! That rendition of Crazy is chill-inducing (everytime I watch it)…he is so different in his mannerisms in this one..and some of those notes…seriously, nothing like I’ve ever heard. That version needs to be retweeted around the universe..everyone should have the pleasure of listening to it. (coughCeeLocough) :) That song is on my wishlist to hear in person someday.

5. Marylee said

Angelica… “who does that”? indeed! Absolutely NO ONE!!!

The way he “carried” himself on stage that night pretty much sums it up. He’s all grown up now & he’s figuring things out..what a tremendous joy to behold… and … CRAZY??? Well, all I can say is I’m glad to know there are folks like you & other gifted writers that can speak for the rest of us..’cause there’s more where THAT came from & he’s just gotten started and there’s no holding him back now!

Way to go, David! Just when I think I’ve been as hypnotized & mesmerized as I could possibly be over the past 3 years..I’m blessed to be in the audience at the Myrtle Beach show & he takes me to yet another level of “what just happened”??? Does he even have a clue? I’m beginning to think ..well, just maybe! lol

6. FG said

Angelica! LOL ROTFL you! How dare he indeed! My brain hurts just tryin to comprehend his talent. Nice moments you have captured. See how I said nice? That’s my lame attempt at being calm. L-O-flippin-L. Off to work I go!

7. madeline said

Angelica, you speak the absolute TRUTH. David is in a place that he can grab and hold unto for life. He is so soulful, and you have made an outstanding post. Thanks so much. That shussssss sound only comes to someone who feels the sound in his soul and that half smile is to me very sensual. Please continue to write, you write like an ANGEL!!!

8. emmegirl said

Angelica, just noticed the great tags on last thread.

Sidebar, your taste, impeccable.

Into The Vortex, also impeccable. I don’t know how ya do it.

I hope your message in a bottle washes up on his shore.

9. grasshopper said

Angelica
    Your write up was beautifully written and loved your sense of humor as well. Angelica, your message for David was so touching. I just wish I could of heard what he was saying in the Mic during that song, but his body language says it all!

Oh my heavens! Loving the MGR’s. Will check in later after work:)
    Abrra from her iPhone

Thank you Angelica for bringing out and highlighting some of his magnificent moments.

The night we heard “Imagine” we knew that somthing big was going on. So, how lucky are we that we can see and hear so well!?

Before now he was all alone basically with his immense talent, even tough his other band members are excellent musicians. But now, he is exploding with exuberance as they complement his music in every way.

So we see what the right fit can do, what the timing has brought about. If he had stayed with Jive/WEG he most likely would never have had his own chosen band because he would never have held the reigns.

12. Marylee said

Angelica..forgot to mention that your “message in a bottle” to David was absolutely lovely ~ yet another reason why I haven’t gotten through a day without tears in the last 3 years but I’m not complaining! Thank you again for saying so beautifully what we all feel ♥

I almost forgot…Something remarkable came out of his performance of “Crazy” at the AI Idol Viewing Party. I watched and couldn’t figure the flashes of people from bygone days and I didn’t know who they were but sometime or other David has felt their musical, soulful expressions of emotion.

“That Ray Charles/Stevie Wonder shoulder roll at the beginning followed by that scrunching, crouching, hunkering low down in his seat as he reaches way down for something in the deepest depths of his soulful soul.”

You captured it Angelica!

Angelica,your article has me both laughing out loud,and applauding your brilliant way with words.
    Do you speak in conversation, like you write? If so,I am packing up my stuff, I am moving in next door to you, and coming over every morning for coffee and some gabbing!
    THIS:
    “I know many of you out there have been swept up into various video vortexes since the Voice emerged with his jazzy-soul-funk-blues-pop-fusion-go-head-with-yo-bad-self-vibe. Whew!” hehe☺
    and THIS>>
    “That Ray Charles/Stevie Wonder shoulder roll at the beginning followed by that scrunching, crouching, hunkering low down in his seat as he reaches way down for something in the deepest depths of his soulful soul. What he brings to the surface is something primal, like all human emotion from the beginning of time.”

“He wields his voice like a sword, so sharp it cuts right through you and with the tender passage that follows, you are healed.” (I love that!!:)
    ahh so true. He has taken that song and brought it to an eeeeeek! level. He has me believing he has just escaped nurse Rachett’s grasp or found His way out of the Snake Pit .

He is brilliant in his delivery♥
    see ya in the rabbit hole.

Sky
    We admins have weekly meetings, sometimes via conference call. Angelica has a southern bell delivery of a very dry wit. She channels David, of this I am sure.
    Abrra from her iPhone

15. Abrra on Angelica……”She channels David, of this I am sure.”
    ain’t no doubt about that!

“Angelica has a southern bell delivery of a very dry wit.”
    Thanks Abbra “what’s dry wit mean?” ☺

17. Tawna21 said

Angelica, you have me ROTFL at your vortex issues (which happen to also be a part of my life), and pulling out the Kleenex as I read your message in a bottle to David. What a beautiful message to him. It’s actually something I personally should adapt into my own life. Thank you. The mgr’s are capturing me this morning. Love ‘em and can’t leave ‘em! :)

I had a wonderful weekend at my daughter’s house. My husband and I went on a Cancer Awareness walk with the town (good thing I packed my walking shoes at the last minute, because we weren’t aware of the event until we got there). While checking in, my daughter introduced my to one of the ladies behind the table. We exchanged hellos and nice to meet you stuff. When my daughter walked off, the lady looked at me and smiled at said, “you’re the David Archuleta fan”. I stopped what I was doing, looked up at her and she smiled again, and said, “so am I. Cindy and I talk about it quite a bit while she’s doing my hair.” Of course, I openly admitted my fan-ship with a grin that probably lit up the evening sky and then had to move on to the next station. Needless to say, my walk was a good one. I asked her later if she was on any fan-sites, but she hasn’t gotten involved in any yet (that ‘yet’ word is the operative word here). We couldn’t really talk while there she was so busy as one of the admins of the walk. But, I need to help her change that. I’ll have to have my daughter do some quizzing as she is doing this lady’s hair. :P

Gotta get to work–have a good day all. :}

Tawna

ps–26 days till SOF!!

18. Pattirae said

Angelica,

Once again you’ve knocked me over with your humor, wit, and “right on” clever writing and sentiments. I constantly want to say “amen” after every sentence you write! Myrtle Beach has become my sanctuary during rough days and the write ups from everyone, my joy. Thank you Angelica for brightening my day.

I was able to go see David in SLC when he presented at the Entertainment Awards thingy and talked with him on the red carpet. I have a cute picture of him from that night that I would love to share if Abbra or someone can help me know what to do.

Looking forward to July 2nd and the Utah Stadium of Fire! I am so happy that I get to go with Shawna! Can hardly wait to see all the David friends coming into town. That is such a special part of all things David, we get to meet and love so many special people.

Warm regards to everyone,

Pattirae

19. Andrea Varón said

Thanks Angelica for sharing this parts of the two songs! even i gotta say THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART OF THE CRAZY COVER it can sound rare but It’s the truth! i like that david’s note.
    Great post Angelica!

Andrea from Colombia!

Sky,

This is dry wit. Angelica blessed me with two Motab tickets and agreed to meet for the first time at the bookstore on Friday and be there for David signing, our concert was for Saturday. I sat on a couch watching everyone who walked in to see if I’d recognize her, I had seen the same blurry picture you all had of the bathing suit. A very pretty lady walked in and I thought that may be her. As she walked towards were I was sitting she looked at me, I was staring lol and she said my name, I said hers, we hugged and spun each other around. We sat and chatted for a bit. I asked her about the tickets and she said “What tickets?” I said “The Motab tickets” she said “I don’t know anything about any Motab tickets” I said “What?!” with I’m sure my eyes all bugged out. I said “You gave me two tickets” I guess seeing the panic starting to set in, she said “I’m just messing with you” as she giggles. I was ready to throttle her neck lol. This was my first meeting with Angelica and I hope there will be many more.

Angelica is full of spunk, it doesn’t surprise me that David remembers her. She’s done it again. I love this article. I laughed, cried, sighed and everything in between.

“This next part is for David, my message in a bottle that I hope will somehow wash up on whatever shore you wander. Own who you are, all of it. Embrace it. Wrap your arms around it and if they don’t reach the whole entirety of your being, drill down till all of who you are bubbles up to the surface and know that you are the owner of all that you find. Your treasure is waiting.”

Thank you Angelica for being a David fan and a genius in your own right. Love you.

21. gladys said

WHEN I think of David, this phrase is formed in my mind:
    “So far, only saw the icing on the cake”
    (Can you imagine the taste of that cake?)

22. Heidijoy said

Angelica, Love the article,pictures and videos. Thanks for your emphasis on what struck you so much and sharing that with us and capping it with message in a bottle. Also enjoy hearing from all the others as the joy and humor spread.

Nice to see you out and about Pattirae. So glad you are able to get out some and can’t wait to see the picture your referred to and everyone’s upcoming experiences @ SOF.

Dja, lol! great story!haha
    I was remembering David/David when Cook said David has a dry wit, then David looked at Cook perplexed,and said “what’s dry wit mean??” think it was shooting a Ford commercial, the one where he was in a white suit at the piano one?
    thanks Dja,for sharing your story of the evil side of Angelica!heh heh heh!!

Angelica, I know we will meet one day,somewhere, and I am looking forward to that day.However, please know I still have nightmares over that scary faced hairless cat!, but I won’t hold it against you…(or me either!) haha♥

Abrra, David ‘quotes’ always stick in my head :)

Pattirae
    Send your picture to thevoiceda@gmail.com and I will post it into your comment.
    Abrra from her iPhone

And into the Vortex we go! In every performance David leaves us with something so moving that it tears our hearts out, something so breathtaking that it changes our lives. He knows and respects how his music influences people. I’ve heard him acknowledge it in interviews and read it in “Chords of Strength”.

Parting ways with Jive was such a wise decision. Although grateful for the opportunity to be signed to a major label, to release three albums and go on tour, he needed to be away from Jive to develop as an artist in his own right. He parted company with Jive a few months ago and we’re already reaping the rewards. He’s killing us with amazing new covers and change-ups and embellishments to his old songs.

From the ASCAP interview:

“Now I don’t have nearly as much pressure that I did last year and the year before that. I never had this much time and space. I feel like I can breath again.”

“Now when I’m home I’m feeling kinda this mood. I don’t know how to say it in words necessarily or how to describe it. So I’ll go over to the piano and just record whatever I’m playing, listen back to it and I kinda get what I’m feeling now…”

“Just this feeling of like this release kinda came and it’s been great just coming up with new ideas, things that come really from the heart which is really nice…”

And this is what we see in the two examples Angelica has shown here. Brace yourselves; we’re in for a lot more!

Angelica, Thank you for your brilliant insight. Not only do you get David but you know how to express yourself in ways that I can only aspire to.

Pattirae,

So good to see you here! Please send your picture to TheVoiceDA@gmail.com and one of us would be happy to post it here.

Another band member interview from Something ‘Bout Archie!
    Brian Green

Brian Green has played for many popular artists such as Michael Bublé and David Foster, as well as his own band Montë Mar. Just recently added to his bio is being the newest guitarist for David Archuleta.

Out of all the members of David’s new band, it’s safe to say that the one we unfortunately know the least about is Brian. So now here’s your chance to learn a little about him as he talks about his music interests, past gigs, pre-show rituals and his reaction when he found out he would now be playing with David Archuleta.

1. When did you start playing the guitar?

2. What made you choose the guitar?
    (To answer questions 1 and 2) I started playing guitar when I was eight years old. My dad plays as well (not professionally) so there were guitars around the house, which must have intrigued me from a young age. I also had a crush on a girl who played guitar and I figured that it could be my in.

3. What kind of music do you listen to? What other artists are you into?
    I cast a wide net with the music I listen to and draw from many genres and moods. Here are a few of my all time favorites and artists that I am currently listening to: Deerhunter, Rufus Wainwright, The Beatles (of course), Fleetwood Mac, Johnny Marr, The Beach Boys, Radiohead, Bjork, Milton Nascimento, Brad Mehldau.

4. What was your first reaction when you found out you’d be getting to be a part of David Archuleta’s band?
    I was really excited upon hearing the news that I would be playing with David! I always thought he had a terrific voice and presence to him.

5. What other gigs have you had before playing for David?
    Some of the other artists I have played guitar for in the past include Michael Buble, Jessie Baylin, Julianna Raye (opening for Rufus Wainwright), Andrea Bocelli and David Foster.

6. The Archie fans have tagged you guys as the “Archuband”. What do you think of the response from the fans ever since you started playing for David?
    What a great network of fans you all are. Everybody has been very welcoming and supportive. Thanks everybody!

7. So far you’ve done two shows with David, one acoustic and one with the full band. Which do you prefer?
    I like playing acoustic shows but prefer playing with the band. Those guys are all killer musicians and great people to hang out with, so it makes the show a bit more lively for me.

8. What prepares you for each show? Any pre-performance rituals?
    Pre show rituals, oh gosh… I’m pretty low maintenance and try and stay relaxed and positive before shows. I’m happy with a quiet room to unwind in and if Pringles (BBQ or original flavor) happen to be in that room, you are guaranteed a good show out of me.

9. When I interviewed Steven he said you do an “awesome guitar riff” during Elevator. What are some of your favorite songs to play with this new band?
    Ahhhh, lets see. The competition for my favorite song to play with David would be between Crush, Complain, and a great cover we started doing of “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” by Tears for Fears. I also love watching the other band members tear it up on “Gotta Get Through This”. I think that Ben and Steven melted some faces during our last show.

10. What are some of your hobbies when you’re not doing music?
    I love to surf, hike, travel, read and be around my friends who I can laugh with.

11. Where can people catch up with you? Website? Facebook?
    The best place to keep up with me and what I’m doing is through my band website: http://www.montemarmusic.com. I put up blogs, music, shows, and everything I’m up to on there including links to twitter and facebook so you know what I’m up to.

12. Any message to all of the Archie fans who are now supporting you?
    My message to all of the Archie fans is to keep it up! We love the enthusiasm and support and it makes us want to rock even harder for you all! Thanks for being so warm to all of us.

We look forward to seeing a lot more of Brian in his band and also during the summer concerts with David Archuleta in Asia. I want to thank Brian for an awesome interview and we can’t wait to see what the future holds!

Pattirae,

So glad to see you! Hope all is well and so excited that you will be going to the Stadium of Fire. Take care and God Bless ♥

Sky, I can be dense at times, didn’t catch your humorous reference to David speak lol

Something bout his arms, I always wonder if reaching or embracing? Probably both.

This from taken from EWTRTW.

He tweets!

DavidArchie

It’s been a nice weekend! 13 minutes ago via web

29. Shawna said

Anglelica, having met you now, I can enjoy your posts even that much more. You are one in a million, and I can just see you saying all of this in person. You have such a talent for writing and such wit. I love you and your sweet self more and more with every article you write. I so agree with Pattirae, AMEN, to each and every thing you wrote. And the MGR’s on this site, enough said!!!♥♥♥

Claudia and I went down to the book signing on Saturday and so glad we did. Wish Pattirae could have joined us, but her energy level is low now after three rounds of chemo, and it would have been tough on her. Missed her though. Love you, Patti. My thoughts and prayers are with you every minute of every day.

Anyways, we timed it perfect and got there just as David was being introduced for the interview he gave that Janell Woodbury videod and youtubed it for you all. I had a vid from my phone too, but I was too far back and lots of heads kept getting in the way. I was pleased as punch at the turnout there and for his signing. Tons of college girls and teenage girls there with parents and of course a few of us die hard fans too. He got lots of screams from the girls, that is for sure. He just looks so relaxed, at ease, and so happy. Just radiates with pleasure. I had him sign my paperback version of the book and bought one for him to sign for Pattirae too. He was his usual friendly self and that smile, no words♥♥♥☻☻☻!!

Kaycee, I so wished I had known you were going to be there and I would have made sure I met you and your daughter. Claudia and I were there till he left, so I am sure we could have connected. I so agree with your comments about the rushed feeling, but it was just fun to stand back and watch him connect with all his fans. He is such a sweetheart to everyone. Especially with little children. You just want to melt when he interacts with the little ones. He is going to be a great daddy!!! I love seeing fans I have connected with, and Claudia and I went to lunch with NanDeeAy afterwards at a place she gave him some gift cards to go eat at. Wouldn’t that have been fun if he had shown up there to eat when we did, but I think he was on his way to SLC for that Best of State award thingy he presented at. Fun afternoon, and thank you to Claudia for calling me that morning and saying lets go for it, cause otherwise I may have missed it. My son had a soccer game afterwards in Orem, so you would think it would have been a no brainer for me to go, but by myself, I don’t think so;-((( It is just so much more fun to share the joy with others of being around “THE VOICE”!! ♥♥♥♥ You get to fangirl so much more that way.

Sorry, I don’t comment as much as I should, but rest assured I read each and every article and comment to come across this site. I feel so at home here with everyone. I so wish all were coming to SOF on the 2nd, so we could all get together, but I know that isn’t possible. I am curious to know who all from The Voice are coming though. It would be awesome to meet more of you. So far, I have actually met in person, DJA, Angelica, Silverfox, and Sandybeaches and of course, Tawna,Patti, Claudia and Dayzee cause they live here in Utah. I have talked to both Bebe and Abrra on the phone, but would so love to meet them in person.

Well, tata for now, off to get some work done here at work. Love it here♥♥♥
    Shawna

30. sweetonDA said

Angelica,
    Had to come out of lurkdom to say thanks for this post. You are such an amazing writer, and you definately channel David. I have to say Amen to everything you said. Love the MGR’s. I was wondering why no one mentioned the Shhhhhh in that fantastic performance. I loved that from the first moment I saw and heard it.

“SOMETHING SO DASTARDLY I MEAN HOW DARE HE USE HIS MOUTH AS A WIND INSTRUMENT LIKE THAT? Who makes a shhhhhh sound into a mic for no earthly reason except the pure love of sound? Play dat funky music, white boi! He don’t play fair and that’s the way you do it! He even has a sly, crooked smile on his face the whole time. Why does that drive me crazy?”

Amen and AMEN!

Thanks to whoever changed the pics on the sidebar…great job. :)

SweetonDA
    Welcome back from lurkdom! Our skilled Djafan,Queen of screencaps, selected and posted the sidebar pictures. She is a wiz at the techie stuff here.

Angelica, I just have to say, I want your brain! Who thinks like that? haha Love it!!

The article is great!! Yes, that vortex has sucked a lot of us in. There are many rabbit holes I keep falling in and two of them are now MGRs at the top of this thread. ♥

And this: “Own who you are, all of it. Embrace it.” << As Simon would say, absolutely.on.the.money.

forgot to tell Djafan …

Greta job on the sidebar photos!!

VERY NICE! Love that the GQ pose was added. This place has such a great view. :)

34. Heidijoy said

Djafan Thanks for the updated sidebar!! Nice!!!

Just stopping by to thank all of you who have commented on the article today. It means a lot to know you got something from it.

Hey Pattirae! So glad to see you here!

Madeline,

PhotobucketPhotobucket

36. Silverfox said

Pattirae, ((hugs)) I’m always very happy when I see you have visited here! Still think of you & sending best wishes & prayers your way. As for SOF, it’s a no for me. Gonna wait until he has another FULL solo concert. Hope it will be in late summer. But whenever it is, I hope to be there! :)

Angelica,

Bravo! What can I say that hasn’t already been said?
    I can’t help but think back to season 7 of AI when we first saw David. I certainly never in a million years thought David and his performances, his delivery and interpretation of the songs he chooses to sing, would be at the level he is now. I don’t like when comparisons are made of David & other singers, but what takes others several years to master, it seems to take only months for David. He seems to know instinctively exactly what to do with a song, how to phrase the lyrics in order to communicate with his audiences, or as you said, to drive us crazy. I shake my head when I see him in person, & then again when I see the videos and wonder, not only “What just happened”, but “When did He Learn do THAT?” He is a wonder and a joy. And your post is a joy to read. :D

djafan,

You’ve redecorated! I love what you’ve done to the place! So creative & such beautiful artwork…but then, look at the subject! Muchas gracias! :D

37. Silverfox said

BTW…Where IS David? Didn’t someone see him in Nashville last night? or maybe it was “Ricky Archuleta” or someone else who looks like him since there are so many guys who do out there. (yeah, sure! And I’m young & skinny!) Or is David being sneaky?

His last tweet..

“I have to say neighbors can pretty awesome sometimes!”

Does he mean neighbors at home in Utah, or in the next room in a hotel? Does anybody know where he is? And where is that Vlog? He’s late!

SF
    I’ll play.

David has moved to Nashville. For the first time he has “neighbors” of his very own. They helped him move in over the weekend, while he had other things to do in Utah. ;)

His tweets seem to confirm all of this. ;)

39. Silverfox said

Sounds about right to me! :lol:

And David lived happily ever after in Nashville for the rest of his enchanted life!

Woo-hoo..latest tweet!

DavidArchieDavid Archuleta
    “Had a good weekend back in Utah. Now back to Tennessee”!!!

He’s gonna finish takin’ care of biznezz!

Well, Bebe I can say that I know Brian the guitarist the best as we had a lengthy chat after the concert and he spent the most time out of anyone talking with David’s fans and probably getting the vibe that is in the air when David is around.

He is undoubtedly a wonderful guitarist!

Thank you for noticing the archupics! David is so stunning and photogenic.

So David is back in Nashville, hoping for some news soon!

This from MB proves my point above.

credit amanda

Angelica, you know what I love about this article? Besides the obvious stunning word-age? ( I know, I know – it isn’t a real word. But I like it just the same) We can all read it and relate. We all feel the exact same. We all get him. We have all been crazed over certain moments in certain songs, videos. Usually the same moments, lol.
    And we all want him to read the message in the bottle.
    p.s. I have said to myself many times “who makes a sound like that?” Sometimes it just feels impossible.

Dja, nice job on the pics in the sidebar. So glad you left in the white tee and jeans pics.

And as for #42. Erm. It was certainly warm that night. :)

SandyBeaches,

Glad to hear that Brian spent time talking to fans after the Myrtle Beach show. Would love to have seen the band’s reaction to how crazed David’s fans are when he’s around.

Betsy,

Now really, who makes a sound like that? ;)

Good morning,

Pic.#42 says a lot. He worked hard on the stage for his hair to be that wet. He had tight security and he wears London almost on his sleeve!

Bebe, the band took the craziness in stride but soaked it all in!

If I am accurate, yesterday was the “Golden Archies 3rd Anniversary”! Fans Of David has made note of the anniversary with a picture puzzle to piece together. So here it is by MickiH and it is fun to do…Direction was given to Angelica’s article so I am directing you back to them as well!

SB. “Pic.#42 says a lot. He worked hard on the stage for his hair to be that wet.”

fling sweat onto the stage with a head whip, but he never has sweaty armpits?? (ok,well,I notice these things)

Looks like he got some sun on his cheeks too♥and maybe that cute bottom lip :)

hello Nashville! probably hungry…lunchtime David!

From Pattirae via email

“Here is the adorable picture of David. After I talked to him I asked him if I could please take a picture. He, of course smiled, and said yes. I wish it was with me but it is only of him. I am sending a couple more that I took that night for you to see.”

50. bluebar said

#49 Beautiful photos from Pattirae.
    Once again, David deserves the award for “Best Smile!”

51. emmegirl said

Hi Pattirae, that top pic is love-ly. And so nice to see you. Here’s to more of the good days. :)

“Have you ever noticed David can have glistening sweaty hair,sweat running down his face,
    fling sweat onto the stage with a head whip, but he never has sweaty armpits?? (ok,well,I notice these things”

Not so fast there Skydancer. You are not a Jedi yet. Scout Bar, Beaumont, TX. My concert. The sweat was pouring off him like rain when he was at the keyboard and the stage lights caught and refracted each drop as they rapidly fell. It was awesome. Ah, le tour.

Photobucket

My favorite sweaty, so full of emotion as he sings picture!

54. emmegirl said

David living in Nashville, music to my ears.

Pattirae, That first picture is beautiful!

Uh Oh, I sense sweaty pictures on the way lol

Some David stuff!

acciolove

@DavidArchie I have had your songs stuck in my head since your concert in Myrtle Beach. Already bought your albums. Love them! #newfan

Yes David please go golfing!!!

@tweepez Matt Lopez

Come join us on the golf course!! “@DavidArchie: Hi again Nashville.”

David mentions!

STAROMETER Your Total Entertainment Blog

David Archuleta is Coming Back to Manila

American Idol Season 7 first runner-up David Archuleta is making a coming back to Manila, this time for a solo concert!

It will be recalled that David Archuleta held a phenomenal concert with American Idol Season 7 winner, David Cook, last May 16, 2009 at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds. It was considered one of the most successful concerts that year as more than 50,000 fans reportedly flocked the venue.

Last November, “Archie” (moniker to David Archuleta by his fans) visited the Philippines to promote his latest album “The Other Side of Down.” He held a promotional concert and a little “meet and greet” with his fans at the SM North EDSA Sky Dome. But obviously, it’s not enough for them.

Now, David Archuleta is coming to Manila for a one-night concert at the Araneta Coliseum on July 18, 2011, 8 p.m. It is being produced by Ovation Production.

David in Indonesian magazine

“Indonesia, Here I Come!”

More Than Good Hooks: David Archuleta Live in Malaysia, July 2011

David Archuleta will perform in Malaysia this July, after heavy speculation of the his supposed upcoming performance in the country. The American Idol alumni is also stopping by Indonesia and the Philippines for shows on this brief Asian tour, and fans can catch him live at the following concert:

Date: 26th July 2011 (Tuesday)
    Venue: TBA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Tickets: TBA

56. MunkFOD said

Angelica, Thanks for the fun article. I have watched those videos tons of times. David just keeps getting better and the big plus is… he is happy!

Pattirae, Thanks for the great pictures! It is good to see you here. Hope you are feeling well today.

Dang! Angelica.. Scout Bar,SA 3/11/09. two years ago.Sweat under armpits.(a little)..I concede.(Least it got you to post that picture.:) …winning!

Abrra,that is some picture….I can’t even remember…..oh yeah,
    there is a video where he sweat in the shape of a heart,on the front of his t-shirt. Think it was Pittsburg, when he first sang Bubbly. Only David could sweat in ♥’s

Emmegirl
    If you are referring to my comment about him living in Nashville, I was playing with Silverfox. Until it spills from his bee-stung lips, I will not believe it. :)

Sky
    The picture is #53 is from the final show of his solo tour. It was Salt Lake City.

SB, thanks for the puzzle link…fun!

Munkfod! Happy belated birthday!!!!!

Sky, :)

Only David could sweat in ♥’s

Abrra, :)

Until it spills from his bee-stung lips, I will not believe it. :)

Love this! This is what it’s all about!

I was laying in bed and I hear David archuleta music coming from the living room and hear my dad singing so i decided to record it …. lol …. i got caught afterwards and he got mad.. but convinced him to laugh :) hooray 4 happy endings :)

Dja, I LOVE that video! PRICELESS!

62. MunkFOD said

Dja, thanks! :D

Did someone say sweat?

hahaha! Dad got busted that video is the cutest! thanks Dja : )

Abrra, those bee stung lips…haha!
    I must move in a leetle closer for a better look……..ow!

Pattirae, that picture is too cute! What a great smile he gave you. ♥
    Hope you are doing well. Thinking of you often.

66. emmegirl said

abs, I’m not gullible, much.

Admin Abrra edit
    DOH!

love that one Betsy:) think that’s the shirt!

Bubbly, and the ♥

Old friends :)

BentonPaul

inspiring conversations with @DavidArchie over lunch

New video of AI finale viewing party singing I’ll Be. David was styling!

Sky, You crack me up, on daily basis! :D

I spoke to Emifriend today! She’s doing much better but please continue to say prayers for her good health. She joined us in chat last Saturday night for awhile, trying to get up to speed because she has missed eight months worth of David news.

In case anyone wants to look back or get caught up, a drop-down for our Archives is located on the left sidebar.

Pattirae,

Thanks for the neat pics! From the smile on his face, it’s evident that David enjoyed the conversation he had with you before you snapped that top pic.

Betsy#63 You found the heart shaped sweat video! WTG!

My Afternoon With David Archuleta

How many of you have heard a song by David Archuleta? How many of you have seen David Archuleta perform live? I don’t know which word describes him better: darling or adorable. He fits both.

This past weekend, I got to spend a couple of hours with David (my coworkers and I call him Davie) at the BYU Book Festival on BYU’s campus. David was invited to be interviewed live on the importance of books and reading in his life. He spoke in front of a crowd of 100 or so and couldn’t have been more genuine. He mentioned in passing that one of his favorite books is The Alchemist, which I thought was very interesting. (Librarians: you might want to have a couple extra copies of this book on file—you’re going to have a large group of 14-year-old girls coming your way.)

After his interview, David made his way inside (yes, past the screaming girls) to the bookstore where he was signing his book and CDs. He’s 19 and he’s already written a book. Amazing. During the signing, my job was to walk through the line and write “To:” names on yellow sticky notes so David wouldn’t have to ask how to spell the names. I had an absolute blast. I’ve never written so many girls names in the space of two hours. But you want to know what the best part was? Crouching down (I’m 5’10”) and asking the little girls if they were excited to see David, and take a picture of him. Oh heavens, I wish I could have recorded some of their reactions—totally priceless. There was one little girl—Hannah, nine years old with a mouthful of braces —who, out of excitement, couldn’t have smiled any bigger. I melted. I watched Hannah go through the line and get an individual picture with David where he put his arm around her shoulder. I think her smile is now permanent.

Major props to David Archuleta for being such a great “crush” for nine-year-old girls. He’s got some adorable fans from Provo, UT.

72. Silverfox said

Re: “My Afternoon With David Archuleta”

hmmmmm? “Darling or Adorable? Davie? 19 years old? Hmmmm?

Nice write-up, but perhaps she should have viewed a few of his videos and it would have helped to change her perception that David’s fans consist of only young teens & tweens if she had visited a few of his fan sites. ;-)

Not meaning to criticize the very nice lady. Just being honest.

SF
    I agree with you.

I will say nothing more.

The vid I posted was not the heart shaped sweaty shirt one. But it was a good one anyway. :) This was a week later.

75. MunkFOD said

#72 Hi Sliverfox.. I think she is upset… someone must have said something to her because she has crossed some of the article out and crossed out the links to David’s music and his book at Deseret Book. holy smokes….. :(

SF and Munk,

I confess I didn’t like her write up it wasn’t mean just a complete misrepresentation of who was at the event from the pictures, tweets, and accounts of those that were there.

I didn’t see anyone addressing her on twitter, but obviously she must have heard something. I don’t think she should take it out on David and cross him out. IMO. :(

77. MunkFOD said

Djafan, Me neither… oh well…. I am so happy what Kendra said about David when she introduced him before the interview. :D I hope that things smooth over.. this too shall pass right? :D

78. Silverfox said

MunkFOD,

Oh My! That is terrible! :(

I’m not surprised though, that she would get some negative feedback from some of David’s fans. She didn’t do her homework researching David before spending the afternoon with him. Her last sentence especially made me chuckle.

“Major props to David Archuleta for being such a great “crush” for nine-year-old girls. He’s got some adorable fans from Provo, UT”.

Is this really how David is perceived in Utah by people who obviously don’t follow him? I would hope she (don’t know her name) would check out what David has done other than COS and not get turned off from being a new fan because of negative feedback from his rabid fans.

Now I’ll follow Abrra & zip my lip about this particular subject.

I’m thrilled David came back to Nashville! My wish is for David to fall in love with the Nashville and decide to make The Music City his home away from home. :D

79. MunkFOD said

Silverfox, I really appreciate your supporting comments. I hope she goes to SOF and gets blown away! Hope she has some great conversations with Kendra. LOL!

Loving the idea that David is in Nashville too! He loves to write there and feels comfortable there! yay! and who knows what other great things are going on! loving it all! SOF and Asia tour are getting close! I hope he gets tons of support in Asia! It has been two years since a full band show! Just want all the success in the world for him!

What proof is there that this lady is “upset” ? Sometimes stuff happens on web pages that defy logic. If I was upset, I’d remove the post or edit it. Here is her original posting with the lines through the text:

If you look at what is crossed out, it’s not really anything one might be sensitive about. Looks like the last part of the post got messed up to me.. I ain’t buying that she is upset.

I am responding to Munk’s post in #75..

81. poof said

Angelica,

I feel about you similarly to how I feel about David. You absolutely amaze me in your ability to make me laugh, think, and cry, all in a few moments of seeing your “work”. David is so fortunate to have you understanding all that he is. We are so fortunate that you, without hedging, wavering and in English all can “get”, share with us your passion and support for David in such a beautiful, powerful way. Thank you, thank you and, yep!, Thank you!

82. MunkFOD said

Abrra, I guess the thing that stuck out to me the most was that she crossed out her link to David’s music and book. But it really doesn’t matter. It’s water under the bridge. I just have to say that someone chewed me out and then that happened… so I guess I am just reacting too much today.

83. Silverfox said

Well, I’m watching The Voice. Maybe not the whole show cause I have to get to bed early so I’m taping it.

I guess the producers of the show don’t know there is already an artist who is The Voice and his name is David Archuleta?

But there are some talented artists on the show..they just aren’t David, because like most of today’s singers, they need the props..dancers & pyrotechnics. Stuff that would just get in David’s way..heh.

Ok..good night all.

84. MunkFOD said

Good night Silverfox… :) All we need is a David’s voice…

@karladavismusic: Hanging with David Archuleta!

86. Ah, the lady has been too long in whatever place she lives in. Oh my she did not do her homework or if she did then she did a poor job of preparation.

David, Nashville is a great place and oh so much closer to the east coast and hopefully away from ladies who think cute is cute.

71 I have to say,I am just blown away,seeing all those 9 to 14 year old girls in that top picture.
    aww, the back of his(Davie’s) head ,looks so cute!

85. what do you think Bebe ?Is that a hotel?…a mall? a hotel with a mall? yoo hooo we see you David! :)

That Sharpie awaits. :)
    (left pocket)

Sky,

The CMA Music Festival starts this week on June 9 in Nashville.The Country Music Awards are just a small part of a week long celebration. Nashville is hopping this week with all sorts of programs and workshops for songwriters. It’s a great time to network, David is in the right place at the right time. I’m not sure where the pic in comment #85 was taken but in relation to that pic, folks on Twitter are talking about the CAA, The Creative Arts Agency in Nashville, a private, corporate booking agent.

Aha, this explains it!

David tweets:

Met a lot of cool people tonight here in Nashville! Good time at the CAA barbecue. 2 minutes ago via txt

We know that Jive failed David by not promoting TOSOD. This conversation I saw on Twitter is further proof that people aren’t even aware of TOSOD.

@BriPica
    What happened to David Archuleta. I liked you, where is you new music boy!!! I miss your voice.

Jonerz@BriPica He’s alive and kicking! He’s on twitter…@DavidArchie :)

BriPica
    @Jonerz haha thank you, I’ve been missing out on my David man llol :)

lanick0602
    @BriPica David Archuleta’s twitter is @DavidArchie His latest album called The Other Side of Down :)

lizmag3
    @BriPica A lot is going on with David Archuleta. Follow him at @DavidArchie and you’ll be kept up-to-date!

@lanick0602 oh thank you! :) I didn’t even know he had a new album out! :D much appreciated

Rush Har
    Yeah many not aware David Archuleta got a new album…

Pattirae,

Thanks for sharing your photos of David with us. I’m so glad you got to see him again and you’ll be going to SOF! The first pic of him smiling at you is so wonderful. Wish your face could have been smiling back at us too!

Poof #81 I am not worthy! But thank you for that huge compliment.

In fact I want to once again say how grateful I am for all the kind words from everyone. I did a bit of a drive-by in comment #35 and I think you all deserve more acknowledgement than that for being so generous with your feelings. I am not very good at accepting compliments and if I respond to one I feel like it would be an admission on my part that it was true. If that makes any sense. So but thank you, thank you, love you all!

What is that on his hip? He sure is a busy 20 something MAN. Love the Nashville networking!

thanks for the info Bebe♥
    So happy that David is back in Nashville. Sounds like he is enjoying himself. Nothing like a good ol’ country barbecue, and being around down to earth people.

He certainly seems to enjoy himself when he is there. :)

The plot thickens.

David is listed on CAA’s roster so I’m speculating they are and maybe have been his booking agent.

More footage from Utah’s Festival of Books.
    See David from 1:30-2:44.

credit jenstusue

96. kaycee said

Just doing my late-night catch up here. Not to belabor the issue, but I have to admit that the article regarding the BYU appearance rubbed me a bit wrong as well…as SF mentioned “Darling or Adorable? Davie? 19 years old? Hmmmm? ” Oh well, I don’t believe she meant it in a negative way, just uninformed! When I read the article tonight, it no longer had any cross outs and his age had been corrected. And, I must say…from someone who was there, most of the people watching the interview were not kids, most of the kids were over at the “kid zone” doing crafts and playing games. I saw a lot of teens, but more young adults, and a good number of adults…same with the autograph line. And “100 people” seemed quite a low estimation from what I saw of the crowd. I remember her from the line and she seemed very nice, although a bit strict about having appropriate “product” to be signed–the woman behind me was turned away because she didn’t have a book or CD…and yet we watched David sign things like phones and such. I’m sure she was just following protocol though.

Shawna #29 I would have loved to meet you! I have not had the opportunity to meet many fellow fans. I did look across the crowd last Saturday wondering if any of the faces were people I have become familiar with on this site. It’s funny, because my mind has conjured up what I imagine some of you look like…it would be amusing to see how far off I am!

#85 He sure looks happy and relaxed in Nashville. Betsy #88 Isn’t it amazing what we notice?!

Pattirae, I loved your pictures and hope that things are improving for you.

I ‘m a bit sad that I won’t be able to attend SOF. Three hours away…but no go! Fortunately, it’s for an awesome reason…my son returns from his mission that weekend! I can’t believe it’s been 2 years since I’ve seen my boy! I will be looking forward to all the videos and fun tidbits

97. MunkFOD said

#94 Bebe, yeah. I think they have been David’s booking agent for a while. When I saw David’s name on their list, I clicked his name and his old myspace page came up. LOL! I am so happy that David is meeting with such great people and in a place that he loves!

Kaycee! Congrats on your son returning! It goes fast doesn’t it! :D You will be missed! I am flying in from WI. Will have all my kids and grandkids at SOF! All but one of my kids that is.. he is in Brazil. It is going to be a blast! We got nose bleed seats, but who cares! We get to hear the voice!

#29 Shawna, HI! *waves*

Angelica, Thanks again for the terrific post! You guys are so talented here! I love to come and read all the articles and comments. It makes my day! You are one gifted lady! :D

Have a great day everyone!

98. Gayle122890 said

Angelica, all I can say is, I LOVE IT WHEN YOU POST. And also, your article from Nov. 09, The Voice of Hope and Rain is one of my favorites on the site. I was so enthralled and captured by it, I think it was what prompted me to delurk and post for the first time. I’ve always been partial to David’s Crazy. Any performance of it by him. He does reach way inside, and to me for some reason, also way back. This last performance just about knocked me off my chair.

#68: Inspiring conversatons with David Archuleta? Sigh…Can you imagine?

99. Andrea Varón said

the following is my crazy song edited of david archuleta in almost slow motion the last part.
    I hope you like it

100. Gayle122890 said

Almost forgot-The message in a bottle…I hope with all my heart that David does find it one day.

Back to the book signing recap in #71 for a bit. It was obvious that the writer didn’t check her facts before she published but that’s the kind of misconception people are under, that David’s fans are all tweens. Why is that? Do we, his adult fanbase, not make ourselves known? When I go to David’s concerts I always look in the audience for the ratio of tweens vs adult fans. It’s usually half and half but sometimes it’s not clear if the adults are there because they’re fans or if they’re parents of the tweens. In any case, the adults are there…lots of them!

If you look in the picture showing the audience in comment #71, you can see there are all ages, with the least representation being tweens. I’m glad the writer realized her mistakes and made amends. If nothing else, her article got David’s name out there and she even spelled it right. LOL

So happy for the Asian fans! Sony is slowly releasing information for the upcoming tour, still to be confirmed.

From Sonymusicmy

D.Arch fans : ‎26.07.11-d actual date for d big show. 11.06.11 will NOT be a pre-sale as timing too tight.Pre-sale on d 18/19 June.TBC. Tuesday, June 07, 2011 2:14:28 AM via web

Fans are ecstatic!

@Archuroxx: I AM SO HAPPY…I HAVE NEVER FELT HAPPINESS LIKE THIS BEFORE! @DAVIDARCHIE @SONYMUSICMY I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

shuyeeA
    @sonymusicmy TQ for appreciate us! we love Sony for u make our dream come true bringing David Archuleta back to our shore for a full concert

andrea_1234
    I AM HOLDING MY DAVID ARCHULETA TICKETS IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW. ……I HAVE DAVID ARCHULETA TICKETS OMGOMGOMGGGGGGGGG I’M GOINGGGG

You can feel the love!!! :D

101. Bebe:

“Perhaps when David’s musical direction changes to more adult songs, the image of his fanbase will change as well.” <– I think you could be right on this. I sure hope so.

As for the article, I've been reading all the comments and I guess I have kind of a slightly different take on it. I thought it was a nice article. I agree that it would have been nice if she had mentioned that he had fans of all ages there and referred to him as charming instead of darling, but I got the impression that she loved the kids and that she was especially tickled with the reactions of the little ones so she kind of focused on that. And mentioning that David is a great Crush for little girls, well, I have a 7 year old granddaughter who's crushing on Beiber. (ha don't even get me started on that) I think It's the young ones, teens and tweens, that tend to crush on singers the most and, if they're going to have a crush, I have to agree that David is definitely a great choice. ♥

104. mollie4da said

Delurking (with encouragement from Abrra), to also compliment Angelica for another great article. I confess to getting caught in those same vortices. I thought I’d seen every version of every Tears for Fears’ song. But David’s EWTRTW version (♪♫ welcome to your world ♫♪ intertwined in the song) has me captivated. Plus, Crazy has been one of my absolute favorites seen I first heard David perform it years ago. Now I’m mush. It’s good to hear and know that I’m not alone in this fascination.

I heard about SB’s MB story of the card for David that got to the guitar player instead. :) I hope I don’t step on anyone’s toes in posting this link to a video that I found at FOD. The last 20 seconds might show that same card. :) Take a look…

mollie4da, Glad Abrra got you to delurk! No, you’re not alone. David’s version of EWTRTW has many of us captivated. :)

And the video! SB’s delivery, caught on tape, saved for posterity. lol

99.Andreaaaaaa! Angelica, are you still upright , ’cause that move he does that you so perfectly described , makes me want to collapse into a fetal position.

101. Bebe,

You said it Bebe.that image….

For all of us here, age is merely a number. I actually believe there are many adults/parents, out there already,who maybe even watched David on Idol,with their kids, loved watching him every week, and then when the show was over,that was it. Some people are afraid to “come out of their living room” .
    The Dad in the video at #60…case in point. They haven’t seen what we have, or did not allow themselves the freedom to let go and admit to being a fan of David. we have all been teased about it.
    hmmm ……………maybe that’s the case with the writer. she did seem to lean a little bit lopsided in her reporting.Too bad he didn’t sing to her. Might have been a differently worded article ))

Marylee asked for a way to download Angelica’s MGR’s in this article. I have put them in Abrra’s Candy Jar on the left sidebar. They are in .mp4 format for use on iPod/iPhone and most other devices.
    Here are the links to get them:

EWTRTW~MGR~Angelica

Crazy~MGR~Angelica

Mollie #104

WTG! Please don’t go back in the shadows. You have much to say and we love hearing your thoughts.

108. kaycee said

DavidArchie

Got invited to go to the CMT Awards tonight. Should be cool!

109. kaycee said

C’mon, David…cowboy boots!!

Hello all!

DavidArchie

Got invited to go to the CMT Awards tonight. Should be cool!

aisimchan

@DavidArchie RT @ADRlENNE: Whoops forgot the photo!

RT @ADRlENNE: My mom just met and helped David Archuletta at Macy’s

Watch the CMT Red Carpet here!

111. kaycee said

Lookin’ good in that vest, David! Nashville is a sweltering 91 degrees right now…and about to get hotter!

He’s there!!!! Kaycee, it’s getting molten hot!!!!

julie_wallace

Just spotted @davidarchie at the #CMTAwards!! 1 minute ago via txt

Leave a comment!!!

Chords of Strength
    A Memoir of Soul, Song and the Power of Perseverance
    David Archuleta

Genre: Spirituality
    Price: $9.99
    Publish Date: June 01, 2010
    Publisher: Penguin Group US
    Seller: Penguin Group (USA) Inc.

The New York Times bestseller-the inspiring personal story of American Idol ‘s David Archuleta. In the New York Times bestseller Chords of Strength, American Idol favorite David Archuleta shares his unexpected and inspiring journey, including how he overcame vocal cord paralysis to achieve his dream of being a successful singer. David also opens up about the strength he draws from his unshakable faith and family. He pays tribute to those who continue to inspire him and, through their example, help him believe in himself, his talent, and his abilities. Intimate and uplifting, Chords of Strength allows a unique glimpse at the man behind the music and offers hope to anyone with a passion and a dream.

Tags: Chords, david archuleta, dream, group usa inc, MEMOIR, new york times bestseller, Power, song, vocal cord paralysis, york times bestseller

114. emmegirl said

Andrea, your Crazy can make ya kinda c-c-crazy.

Thanks ;)

Mollie, nice to see you here! I was delivering a card for a fan and made an unforgettable toss! I did get to spend a little time with Brian extending my appology but he did hear how David’s fans travel a distance to see him. He is a great guy.

David’s gone COUNTRY!

David at the Country Music Awards!

117. Silverfox said

Here’s another..Now I can go to bed, Good nite all!

118. Silverfox said

Never mind…you beat me to it. Just delete.

I’ve been waiting for just ONE little twitpic of David from the CMT’s. Would have preferred a twitpic of him not posing, though.

He does look great & so happy to be there and that makes me very happy.

lol SF,

Bebe, He looks good, happy, relaxed, refreshed, and of course extremely handsome:)

I did have a hard time seeing the fetus there, I’m not a country fan but I do like some of Rascal Flatt’s music and was just disappointed. I thought country wouldn’t join the bandwagon, having a reputation of not being shallow, or maybe I just thought that.

Anyways David looks stunning, glad for the photos :)

120. Tawna21 said

dja #119~~ “I thought country wouldn’t join the bandwagon, having a reputation of not being shallow, or maybe I just thought that.”

I agree with you. There is some country that I enjoy, but it disappoints me, too, to see all the lights and loudness and, as you said, shallowness happening to the good ol’ country of the past. **sighs**

BUT– David looks a.w.e.s.o.m.e in these pics!! :) I’m so glad that he is obviously having a ton of good times back there in Nashville.

Tawna

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.

Djafan,

I heard that Bieber collaborated with Rascal Flatts on a song this past year. That’s probably why he was there tonight.

Funny tweet:

@Cheesebucket (at CMAs)
    David Archuleta. Drinkin’ a soda. about 4 hours ago via txt

I love how many @ replies I got from David Archuleta fans saying he doesn’t drink soda. 30 minutes ago via TweetDeck

124. Hi Abrra! In case you still need —

I added more HD MP4s from the MB concert – for your candy jar! – http://www.mediafire.com/?cktfppjanfin4

Also from the Idol Viewing Party, more HD MP4s – http://www.mediafire.com/?7pgwlzpy077u2

Download away!

Thanks for the pics Bebe. He looks good!

Dja, he does look happy and relaxed. I’m glad to see him on the red carpet and glad that he’s there with friends.

Monte..I’ll take door number 3! !! ♥ look at him!

I’m happy to see David , running out to pick up a vest .for tonite to wear :) he’s so normal!

to tell you the truth, the whole CMA thing was a lot too Hollywood for me, gave me a headache.
    I cannot stomach Kid Rock, and never heard of a country rapper. Nashville must be crazy this week.

Beiber and Rascal Flatts collaborated on a song? Don’t get it.

Scotty and Lauren looked cute.
    Rascal Flatts new song was really good. Best part of the whole night.

as long as David is happy…
    cute tweet, about the soda. it was probably JB

gee, do I sound grumpy tonite?

I need a David song. ♥☺

Happy Belated 1 year Anniversary, Bless the Broken Road. 06/0710

128. Silverfox said

This was emailed to me. David has great fans who love to share…

The answer to the question about why County Music would get on JB’s “bandwagon”. It’s all about the money, honey!

A better question would be Why Rascal Flatts, who obviously don’t NEED the money or a reason to follow a money-magnet’s coattails, would want to?

I did not watch the CMT’s, but taped them JUST IN CASE. I went to twitter instead to get up to the minute updates.

Off to work. Have a great day!

127.. Betsy. now we’re talkin’. Just love that video,and David singing GBTBR..

128..SF. what a great picture of the Archuleta kids♥
    Good point about Rascal Flatts, why would they want to?

Don’t know about you all,but I am ready for another David vlog!

130. kaycee said

Sky…your wish is granted!

DavidArchie: Good morning. Going to meet with a writer this morning and then I’ll try and get a video blog up later!

131. emmegirl said

Wouldya look at that hair. Love it swept up off the forehead.

Vlog, wonder what he will bring us today.

Good Morning!

Betsy, Has it been a year? Such a great song sung by the best singer out there! Thank you for the video!

Silverfox, I don’t get it either.

Another chance to ask David a question! @thepeenut (from KL) will be interviewing David tomorrow. Tweet your questions to @peenut

Talking to David Archuleta tmrw @flyfm958 .. What would you ask him? 31 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Can you spot David in the lower right of this pic?

David in audience last night:

credit tijwb

Tapping foot, waiting for vlog…

Found some more pics from last night from DavidDaily.com

134. kaycee said

Wow, Bebe! I am totally impressed that you were able to spot David in that picture!

hehe Kaycee, I’d love to take the credit for spotting David but I can’t. :)

David tweeted:

Great meeting with @thesilverseas this morning.
    Great music from good people.
    6 minutes ago via txt

‘American Idol’ Class Picture: Behind the Scenes (Video)

Kris Allen, David Archuleta, Allison Iraheta and more talk about their ‘Idol’ experience at THR’s exclusive shoot, which gathered 30 alums in Los Angeles before the season 10 finale.

David is first and he has a few other cuts as well.

And @thesilverseas tweeted about David, too:

@davidarchie and myself have figured out the riddle of the music industry
    about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Hmmmm….

Totally random but…did bowling ever look this good??

credit

Hellooooo!

vlog! vlog! vlog! vlog!

Nashville peeps are tweeting David!

DueWestMusic

@DavidArchie sorry ya missed it! :) We saved ya a hotdog and some of @mcktweepez yummy bean dip.. about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

mcktweepez

Um, @DueWestMusic is right, @DavidArchie. next time you’re deciding between awards shows and my bean dip, go for the bean dip.

thesilverseas

@davidarchie and myself have figured out the riddle of the music industry

The Silverseas website.

David buzzzzz.

AI Now – Idols Attend 2011 CMT Music Awards

And, don’t be surprised to see some other Idol alums like David Archuleta and Crystal Bowersox on the red carpet.

CMT Get Country has David on their website :)

David Archuleta

David Archuleta became one of the most recognizable figures on television in 2008, when his tenor vocals and boyish charm helped earn him a second-place… Read More

Rickey

David Archuleta, Kris Allen and other Idol Alumni – THR Behind the Scenes http://14.ly/k4PvXS From @Idol_Worship

134. hahahaha Kaycee☺
    all these pics are so gorgeous. Look at him ,Mister I got the red carpet thing handled.!
    $#$#^&^^%*

woo hoo! a vlog watch has been issued…..

141. emmegirl said

I think Nashville kinda digs him.

142. Dakgal said

Hi peeps!!! I’m home :P

Last of my brood left yesterday morning–my house has been a cross between a zoo and a three ring circus for the past 5 days–after blowing my final kisses as they backed out of the driveway–I died.

This morning I was resurrected ( my computer is mine –all mine again) and have been catching up. After not seeing ♫♫ that face,that face♫♫ for days, I must say he is looking mighty fine–and I do detect a more serene look about him and a little healthier look–I think he looks fuller in the face-not so gaunt and tired.

Now I live in a small town, on a very obscure side street–what are the odds of a honkin big tour bus, exactly like the bus David toured in, ( brown w/ tan swooshes) driving right by my house? Well one did!!! 8O this morning.

I thought I was hallucinating from withdrawal-but it was real.

Angelica–you blow me away! ——-Now it’s time for another nap……zzzzz…. later.

YEA! Daks back!

♪ oh that shark babe♫ has such teeth dear♪and he shows them pearlyyy whites♫em em em

♪♪NOW that ” DAK IIIIIS BACK IN TOWWWWNNNNNNNN♪♫
    look out! ol’ dak is back!

Vlog. Lol he hasn’t even tweeted about it yet. ;)

145. Silverfox said

Just watched David’s vlog & I have to say…Nashville DEFINITELY agrees with him! Or it could be the lighting. :)

I watched it on FULL SCREEN and WOW! I was almost blinded by his bright beautiful eyes and had a hard time NOT looking at his mouth as he talked. Oh My Goodness!

As if it wasn’t HOT enough here in my city!

OK. I’m done.

146. emmegirl said

Who is gonna get stuck having to make screencaps for that vlog, gosh, tough assignment.

Could he get any closer to the screen?!
    Wow.

Is it me or is he looking right into our eyes this time?!? (***KJu9o*(*PP[PL'[[[[[+__)

Hijole!!!!!

I’m going to be in screencap heaven!!!!!

Nashville is treating him well and it shows. Love all the David sighting tweets.

And now he’s writing and collaborating his way.

Betsy, you are fast!

Hello Dak and welcome back! You’ve been missed :)

SF, And some say he’s awkward looking, they must be full of cataracts or something.

Who looks like that????

Dja – I can’t take the credit for finding it fast. Only for being inline at the exact minute Jonerz noticed that he was logged into his yt account. :) She deserves all credit! :)

“Who looks like that?”
    Hahaha we ask ourselves that every day.

151. Silverfox said

Djafan,

David awkward looking? I’ve never heard that. I have heard he “acts awkward” but that was about two years ago.

It doesn’t look like David is staying in a hotel. Looks like a house or apartment. It looks like there’s a pool table to the right of David and a comfy chair to his left. I bring this up because I’ve been hoping David is planning to spend an extented period of time in Nashville, and if he’s staying in a residence rather than a hotel, it just looks promising. I just think Nashville is a better fit for David than LA. :D

Betsy, Should have know it was Jonerz lol.

Who does he think he is just looking into the camera and talking away like if he’s just a normal average guy not realizing he’s not :)

SF,

Believe it, some crazy fools say that and more.

I noticed a closet with doors wide open, looked very spacious and with family coming in to visit he may have leased a house for a month or so.

It looks like the weather in Nashville agrees with DA. No it’s not only the weather but he is so happy where he is for all the right reasons.

He looks wonderful and has such a sparkle in his eyes.

I am 3,000 miles from home, just gone west for a few days and happy to check in and see that everyone is doing OK. SF is on standby to keep me well informed.

Hi Dak, good to see you back! I am so excited about David’s future. We never know what is going on but we keep the faith and he is looking so fabulous!!

SF

SB,

How far west?

Not to start a rumor or anything, but I did read somewhere that he may have rented a place for a short time.
    Also the word inline should have been online, lol.

His vlog did me a world of good after a pretty bad day. Thank you David. And thank you The Voice bloggers. I love reading everything that everyone writes. So much. :)

Dak is back Dak is back Dak is back.
    Oh how we missed you, dak, especially in chat.

What is up with the new vlog?
    Closer to the screen, bright lights, looking directly into camera?
    All to the above and then some.
    David seems happy, confident and in a good place.
    He’s doing it his way and it shows.

Djafan …I am in Edmonton, Alberta, just next door to British Columbia! My oldest daughter’s graduation which is a few days affair!

On my way to a banquet but my cellphone is tucked away in my purse incase it is lengthy and I need to check in on you characters!

Vlog!! He looks so comfy and happy there. I agree, Nashville looks good on him. And he really seems to be taking charge of the direction of his music. That’s great to hear.

Bebe, those eyes!! He sure gave us some close-ups today! Gonna be some fabulous screen caps! And I like that color blue on him.

Betsy, hope your day is getting better. :)

Betsy (hugs)

SB, Congrats to your daughter!!! Silly me, I hear west and it must be somewhere in California lol.

MT, that blue sure fits him well.

161. ram said

Hola, peeps of Davidlandia. Enjoying those closeups in this latest vlog and am happy that he’s happy. I am taking a break from the latest Vortex and decided to take a drive on this great summer day moonroof open radio blaring with Nothing Else Better To Do. This and some blueberry ice would make for an awesome summer hit, don’t ya think? Enjoy your late afternoon as it starts to cool down. Oh, and David sometimes it’s just about the Voice and the sweetness of it all (no deep message required). lol Enjoy!

Djafan…it is the first time that I have flown anywhere in Canada in three years! I could actually use Canadian money today and WHAT??? No concert here??? But there is a vlog…

163. ram said

Angelica-Loved this article! David has a way about him. I would have to say he feels his music and aren’t we the lucky ones!

Dja-Looking forward to those ahem “closeup never you mind we can take it screencaps” PLEZ

164. ray, said

should have crash cart on stand by at 144,at least a warning

165. loulou said

David looks so happy and his eyes so sparkley !He just looks fabules !!!!!

166. grammyj said

Ram, thanks for posting the video of “Nothing Else Better To Do”. I hadn’t listened to that one in awhile and it’s just a light, summery song. Perfect for today. I’d love for David to do more like that one. Actually, I pretty much like everything that he sings. It would be great if he’d sing in his blogs like the blog he did after Duffy’s Hope.

Ram, ditto to what Grammyj said. It sounded so good. I rarely listen to it. I shall rectify that. :)

168. My Hubby teases me about my $36.00 David song called Nothing Else Better To Do. Ha! Ha!
    (Oh the things we will do to support his music!)

Ram, I love that song.Just always puts me in a happy place♥

David looks wonderful…. I love it when his face fills my computer screen.

Have a wonderful time SB! Must be really beautiful there right now. and cool..
    As Emmegirl nicknamed them… “screamcaps” will most certainly come from this vlog!

170. Dakgal said

Thanks guys for the welcome back–it’s good to be here.

Sky #143–Thanks , but you’ve lost it–I think you’re CRAZY-just like me!!

Ram # 161–now that was a real treat to me–as I have never heard that song before–how I missed it I’ll never know–something to do with the rock I live under I suppose. :roll:

You guys really have sharp eyes when it comes to checking out David’s surroundings in his vlogs–my observation is this:

Just that fascinating face filling the screen–and when he makes that short little comeback , after the battery change–again he looks different–suppose because of the lighting, Go figure. ;)

171. bluesky said

Ah…. So fun to drop in here and “see” all of you! You guys really are the best! Thanks for the lovely article, Angelica. Thanks for all the super posts one and all. Thanks for the joy and vibrant vibes. Thanks for the uplift and flight-filled fancies.

Just thanks.
    bluesky

Dak..by the lack of admin comments, I am guessing that there may be a new article coming along but I really enjoyed your take on David’s vlog. It just seems that it has not had the usual attention.

His version of “Crazy” has so much personal story line to it that I have to say it is amazing. The more you listen the more you understand him and how smart he is.

Hello,

SB, you’re one smart cookie :) just you wait …..

Bluesky and Ram, Love your comments, so good to see you both.

“Oh, and David sometimes it’s just about the Voice and the sweetness of it all (no deep message required).”

Listen to this everyday, love it.

“So fun to drop in here and “see” all of you! ”

Bluesky, And we’re so glad to see you!

Dak,

“He is sitting on the floor–he keeps shifting his keester with his hands–which by the way we only see a couple of flashes of his hands–no nose scratching—no fiddling with his hair—no contemplating fingers on the chin—-you can hear him slap his thighs a couple of times.”

You are extremely observant, your take on things is so unique, don’t ever stop posting!

New article! hehe SandyBeaches knew it! >>>>>>