Pushing Back

Posted by Angelica on Thursday, April 29, 2010

Exhibiting more poise and confidence than we have ever seen and with a hint of shadow low-lighting a more angular jaw, David Archuleta talked with Ryan Seacrest recently about fame.  He may have been painfully shy for his own sake as a youth, but all that has given way to an overriding concern for others and a growing awareness that talent, demure charm and a winning smile are not sufficient gear to navigate safely the perilous music industry.  People’s careers, reputations, and a great deal of hard work and money are on the line and he is evidencing a steely determination to be up for the challenge.

In fact, David Archuleta appears to be up for almost any challenge as he moves into adulthood.  The confidence he has acquired on stage  is spilling over into other areas.   Anyone who has sat, (please) stood, in the amen section and witnessed a live performance of his in the past year can testify of this abundance of confidence:  his cup runneth over.

He is a fascinating mixture of so many things in one.  There is the joyful child, the passionate, romantic crooner, the sassy, sexy, flirt with the piercing gaze, the frugal, methodical, disciplined worker, the stubborn, loyal family man, the unashamedly devout man of God.

David Archuleta is all this and more.  Working nearly non-stop since completing several tours here and abroad, he has become a rather prolific writer too.  He has written a soon to be released book, “Chords of Strength-A Memoir of Soul, Song, and the Power of Perseverance” and has co-written almost every song on his upcoming album, both of which he hopes will reveal more of himself.

He is pushing through the barriers of innuendo and speculation and  allowing us to see who he really is.  When the layers are at last peeled away we may just see that who he is not, is anybody’s fool.

125 Responses to “Pushing Back”

1. Tawna21 said

How absolutely true, Angelica. Every word of it. David just gets better and better, and bigger and bigger. I’m wrapping my head around the whole post, but this ties the bow–“He is pushing through the barriers of innuendo and speculation and allowing us to see who he really is. When the layers are at last peeled away we may just see that who he is not, is anybody’s fool.”

I’m off now for a couple of days at my daughter’s–her hubby is graduating Friday from Nursing School–woot,woot!

TW

2. pabuckie said

Angelica, you hit the nail on the head. I love how David is maturing and speaking up, having more input on his next album and in his life as well! He certainly is growing into a fine young man, indeed! I just wanted to share with you one of my favorite interviews of David. I love how he stays true to himself and is just humble and down to earth. As you put it he is a fascinating mixture of so many things.

confidence:
    belief in oneself and one’s powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance

Confidence, may be the one thing about his personality, that he needs most going forward. Taking charge of his career by owning his decisions shows us who he is. Being involved in the writing of material he will present to us,shows fans he has more than ONE voice. David wants us to know his soul and mind even more than before. Standing up tall and going with his “gut” is a lesson learned.

I really liked this article, Angelica.

4. FG said

Angelica! Everything is love!

I am terribly sick right now so I haven’t been around. Hope you are all well.

5. Nanaweize said

Well said!!! Thank you Angelica!

6. munkmusic said

David is taking a slow and steady climb. He is gaining wisdom (if that is possible) strength and determination. HIs knowledge of all facets of the music industry is increasing. He is magnifying his gifts and talents to better the world, and in turn his character/integrity is more visible and touching the lives of many. He is a force to be reckoned with. A force of light, and a power for good. I think he knows how fragile life can be and he isn’t taking anything for granted. His “attitude for gratitude” is keeping him grounded. His fierce determination to do that which is right will overcome any obstacles he may face. “He’s not anybody’s fool”. I trust his judgement and will support him always.

Thanks Angelica for a great article! It is great! Sorry this was so long! LOL! I can’t help it when it comes to David!

7. Amb4dja said

“When the layers are at last peeled away we may just see that who he is not, is anybody’s fool.”

..And I dare say anyone who underestimated him and assumed that to begin with might better wear that label.

It’s those interesting, grounded, courageously open and sometimes dichotomous layers I love best in David.
    phew…a bit heavy,deep and real way to start my day. ha.

Nice article Angelica, Tks~Good day all!

I really liked this Angelica.

And the tag you have put on it is quite possibly the best tag I have ever seen. :)

9. Joner said

Angelica, I love…love…love this! He continues to be such an enigma and it’s just fascinating to watch him unfold like a flower!

Nobody’s fool is right!

FG – Oh no – you’re still sick? Get better, little missy. We miss you around here.
    Have a song to cheer you up:

11. refnaf said

Love your way with words Angelica… David is all you said “He is a fascinating mixture of so many things in one. There is the joyful child, the passionate, romantic crooner, the sassy, sexy, flirt with the piercing gaze, the frugal, methodical, disciplined worker, the stubborn, loyal family man, the unashamedly devout man of God.”
    I am stupified when I try to comprehend where the journey takes us next….but I am ready. He is one of the most interesting peeps I have ever “met”

12. angelofdja said

Angelica,
    I LOVE this, “he is a fascinating mixture of so many things in one.” GAH! What a package! LOL
    Fg, So sorry to hear your not feeling well. Good wishes for a full recovery are sent your way :-)
    David’s growing-up before our very eyes with class, humor, and determination to do and say what he believes is right. I can’t wait for what he says or does next. Who’d-a-thunk this young, brilliant musician could teach me so much!

13. Suzy-Q said

Beautiful article and well written. It made me teary. Our boy is growing up.

Angelica…

David has managed to keep all of these endearing and to be admired qualities as he matures into a fascinating young man, because growing up he is. For some it may mean that you need to loose all these qualities to “grow up” but I believe the opposite is true and David is showing us just how to do it.

Great article Angelica!

A message from David!

Hey guys! Thanks for the positive feedback. Yes, Susy-Q. I’m afraid our boy is growing up. sigh…but that’s a good thing, right. Riiiiigghttt?

FG, sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. We have missed you! Take care and feel better soon!

This was posted on the last thread late last night and I vowed it MUST be reposted today on the new one. Have a look at what dear (((beeeeebeeeee))) of planethunkerdown hath wrought with her mad skilz!!! (that’s beebee, not to be confused with our bebe, but they’re both my bebebeebees.) hair did. No you didint. :lol:

Photobucket

17. FG said

Aww thanks 4 the well-wishes – I need them.

When David says that his decisions will affect a lot of people, it seems to me that he is speaking of more than just his family. What do you guys think of that statement? He said it twice. Has he embraced a role-model status? What do you think he meant???

18. omgdja said

FG, hope you are feeling much better today. I have been thinking about the same thing since his interview with Ryan… that his decisions will affect people beyond his family.

I love everyone on this site. This is my new home everything David.

Thank you for keeping this place positive.

19. Pabuckie said

Yes, Angelica I posted that late last night — because it’s just too gorgeous and I couldn’t resist!

FG – Hope you feel better soon.

20. Shawna said

Truly beautiful, Angelica. You have such an amazing way to bring out what we are all thinking in beautiful words. You are one amazing woman.

I too love the positivity here. Is is just so warm here and comfy. Whenever I meet new David fans I make sure to tell them about this site cause I love it so much.

Love that “HAIRDID” from beebee! Absolutely priceless, the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And his quote! He really is a beautiful human being, inside and out.

21. Pabuckie said

Can you imagine if David did an “audio” version of his book! Listening to him reading his own words — I can’t even think about that! haha

Pabuckie

“FG – I’ve been wondering the same thing about that statement…kinda bugs me a little…cuz I really want to know what he meant by that.”

My take on when David spoke of his decisions affecting others~~

He must make good decisions career wise so he and those he employs (and by extension their families)will continue in the business in a meaningful way. There are many people and companies that serve David when he takes the stage or goes into the recording studio.

Then there are the charities he chooses to support. So much money is generated on their behalf based on decisions David makes. Who here didn’t at least consider donating to Make A Wish after seeing Jonah and reading his story? David understands the stresses of having a sick child that pulls on the hearts of parents. Helping them make the child’s day a happier one is what David is all about.

I submit these as just a few ways he realizes that what he decides does affect many other people.

23. Pabuckie said

I guess you mean like what “type” of songs he wants to sing? That’s why he is learning to speak up and know that he can’t please everybody.

24. munkmusic said

#22 abrra, and I would add one more thing…..there is his posterity. I know we don’t think of David and his family some day. But he will have a family and everything he does now will affect them. He is very wise and full of integrity. He wants the best for everyone. He is the greatest.

Come to think of it, his statement might not be just about money…..it could be what the message is in the song and how it will affect people. ummmm I hadn’t really thought about it., but I bet David think about it all the time.

Abrra, Pabuckie, Munkmusic…

You’ve given me a lot to ponder…

Omgdja and Shawna….thank you both for your kind words!

An audio book of Chords of Strength read by the Archuleta? Sign me up.

Another picture!

26. Emi said

Angelica
    Your article is full of great, true food for thought. I love that David is so “intentional” about many things that most of us easily take for granted: (keeping our family connections, making good decisions because of the ripple effects of them, not tweeting on Sundays, and even growing his hair (for his mom) And then he starts the first line of his memoir saying essentially; “I’m not really sure why I am doing this but there must be some reason” Who writes a book that way? He wrote a speech for the woman’s conference, started talking and didn’t use most of it because he seemed to prefer to “ramble,” as he called it. David is intentional and nonintentional, and he communicates both to us (intentionally) and his choices make him so very facinating and keep us focused and really wanting to understand him.
    Yes..I agree, and he is doing this on purpose!

“He is pushing through the barriers of innuendo and speculation and allowing us to see who he really is. ”

Which takes both confidence and bravery –And then David simplifies (and teaches me again)in the Rio Tinto interview with “It’s neat to know that being yourself WORKS and that people can tell I am just trying to live my life the best way I can and just do what I love to do– the best way I can.

And he invites us along, so we all stand in his corner, cheer, and wait for all the best…

27. beebee said

Dearest Angelica {{{hug}}} Honey, you got THAT right. He is nobody’s fool. Love this post and, as always, it is oh so very eloquent.

Thanks for the HairDid shout out. (Oh yes I ‘DID. lol) Silliness overcomes me sometimes. (Surprise, surprise. :p)

I also wanted to thank Emifriend for her lovely article before this one. I sincerely believe that gratitude IS the parent of all virtues, and, for all the world, it certainly does appear that it occupies a sizable chunk of David’s sweet, sweet (yet fierce) soul.

And FG… please take care of yourself and get well soon. <3

28. Emi said

David said that he has learned that letting people take advantage of him affects a lot of people…It think it has to do with this:

People with David’s humility and generous (and grateful) spirit are often faced with situations where they know they are at risk for being taken advantage of but they choose it- because to them, being vulnerable and giving is a better option than being self assertive, or what may feel like to them: selfish. It’s the art of being vulnerable and being loving and generous with somebody even if they don’t realize it or deserve it… and it is a way of intentionally being happy and giving… and if you are traveling alone,its no sweat to let somebody take from “just you.”

As he walks this path, David is learning that when he does that– allows others to take from him to the point of “being taken advantage of” he is spending more than himself now, he is spending other peoples’ time and money, and even their goodwill at times.. . and he can no longer afford to let people take advantage of him because when they do they are taking advantage of other people ( in his entourage) as well.

Angelica: Thank you for a provocative article and for daring to explore this facet of The Voice. Almost every line of your article has been quoted because your words are gems.

David is as grounded as the roots of a tree and growing almost as slowly, at his own pace. If you stay close by and pay attention to his subtle hints you begin to realize that his actions are for the most part, very deliberate. He’s a sly fox and as clever as they come. It’s a thrill and privilege to be a fan and to watch David Archuleta, the artist, slowly embrace his power.

In an interview, David commented that he liked some of the lyrics to the rap song “Live Your Life”, by Rhianna “. I’m not a fan of rap music, but when I first heard the song I thought it had a catchy melody. And if David liked some of the lyrics I decided to google them to see what he meant. Here’s a sampling:

“Got everybody watchin’ what I do come walk in my shoes and see the way I’m living if you really want to…”

“Ain’t got no time for no haters..live your life…”

“I got love for the game but hey I’m not in love with all of it, Could do without the fame”…

And here’s the interview clip:

30. FG said

All of you folks are just so dang smart! Thanks for your thoughts about what he may have meant. He is too much.

31. --bianca said

Love it! Brava!

Why did that last photo in the main article there make me gasp? Guess I’m not immune, eh?

David made twitter top tweet!

Hello Beebee and Bianca,

Great to see you both.

Emi and Bebe, Great great comments…so lucky to be a witness to all the aspects of David growing up.

33. pabuckie said

Bebereader – now you know when you say “David is as sly as a fox” it got me thinking of “Riu Riu Chiu” and that slinky move! haha

Tawna#1: Congrats to your son in law!

FG#4: Hope you feel better soon; you’ve been missed!

Omgdja and bianca: Welcome to The Voice!

Pabuckie#33: Be back in a while with that clip, unless someone beats me to it! haha

35. pabuckie said

I waited Bebereader…lol

Sly Fox :) Riu Riu Chiu Mash-up by YouCanCallMeTina

lol…I was waiting for someone to put it up.

Thanks!

37. pabuckie said

David tweeted he finished a song with “Alex James” — another songwriter I don’t know. Boy, David has written with so many by now! I wanted to look him up so here’s his info if anyone is interested. He grew up in England and his genres are “Alternative Rock and Brit Pop” — I think David is singing every genre on this next album! haha

38. River said

Loved this article. I think we got glimpses of David’s steely resolve on Idol. He had the early rep of knowing what he wanted to do and how to do it. Ray and the band mates always make it very clear that David is in charge and musically he is extremely exacting when working on performance music and recordings. He has so many sides to him that it’s like admiring a crystal. It’s all beautiful, each and every facet.

39. pabuckie said

Oh wow — look!
    @davidarchie
    Taking the metro for my first time in LA. Fun stuff. A lot cheaper than a cab haha.

Love the metro!!!!

It is a fun smooth ride…hoping he’s not alone!

41. Mandi said

Angelica, this is a great article. David is a smart young man.

This latest tweet about riding the LA Metro cracks me up. I really think he’s just feeling adventurous today more than just wanting to save a few bucks on cab fare. It’s his dry wit. Although based on his thrifty tweets, I imagine he would keep driving his Toyota Prius until it reaches the age of a tree with 1,000,000 miles on it before he buys another car.

Omgdja#18 Well, welcome home! Great to have you with us.

bianca#31 It’s fortunate that you found out you’re not immune now, before the next tour starts. Maybe you can eat healthy, exercise, and build up your resistance by then. Good luck with that. haha.

Such great comments from so many. Emi and Abrra, I think you are exactly right. He specifically mentioned the “business” when he talked about not allowing others to take advantage of him. He is essentially running his own business now and there are many decisions he can not afford to leave up to others. He said, “It’s not selfish” which reminds me of the Trump maxim, “It’s not personal, it’s just business.” His frugality, though we laugh about it at times, will I think, turn out to be one of his greatest assets. God has given him everything he needs to succeed. Has anyone else noticed that?

Pabuckie#31 Real life got in the way of my “reel life” and I couldn’t get back here until now to search for the video. Thanks for a great find!

Angelica#42 I noticed. I also noticed David’s quote we have up on the left sidebar, top:

“Sometimes I don’t feel I have the knowledge it takes to be in this position. I don’t know if I deserve this. But G_d has different plans for me and I trust him.”

44. bluesky said

The idea of DA on the metro just cracks me up. How can he remain incognito when his sings constantly? One little “hum”, DA and you are BUSTED!!

(This just screams to be you-tubed.)

(Or a cartoon like “hush cats”. DA, I’m yours.)

45. bluesky said

And: Fields of Gold? Nah. I think it is out of a compassionate sense of mercy that you keep your eyes closed so much of the time. Like any sensible off-world life-form with “looks that kill”, you are just careful not to “lose your audience” as it were.

(Honestly, you give “slaying them in the aisles” a whole new meaning.)

46. bluesky said

(Just be a bit careful when you lift those lids. Will ya?)

Bluesky,

Thank you for painting some very vivid visuals of David, and I can see myself slayed in the isles, you got a way with words. I’ll take those with me to help me sleep.

Goodnight all!

G’nite!

49. jackryan4DA said

I dunno which of the mix he is in this pix but it sure is full of squishy-hot-diggidy-gosh. If you have not seen it, then pls join me: a-1 and a-2 and a-3 – awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

JR

Bless you! Nothing like a “new” picture to start off the weekend! It was from the day that David and Brooke went shopping in LA. It was around the time of his first CD release.

51. jackryan4DA said

Yup, yup, yup Abbra!

I dare say, no matter how thrifty he is, David always looks happy when shopping, hehe

52. emmegirl said

Morning JR and Abrra!

Angelica, to quote a StarSearch judge, “I honestly do not know how you do it! Five stars!”

53. bluesky said

Goodmorning peeps and my very snowy world!!

Djafan, I bow to you who keep the lights on.

Good Morning!

JR#49 Thank you for the “new” pic of David!
    He certainly wears his hats well!

It’s one month and one day from the release date of “Chords of Strength” and the book signing tour, with hopefully more dates TBA. But for now, does anyone have plans for the existing dates?

6/1 Chords of Strength book release

6/1 Bookends, Ridgewood, NJ 7:00 PM
    6/2 Bookends, New York, NY 7:00 PM
    6/3 Barnes & Nobles, Lake Grove, NY 7:30 PM
    6/5 Barnes & Nobles, Bloomington, MN 2:00 PM
    6/7 Deseret Books, Salt Lake City, UT
    6/8 Deseret Books, Orem, UT

I’m thinking of the June 1 date in Ridgewood.

55. Shawna said

Bebe,
    Most of us Utah fans are going to both of them here in Utah. We figured we could all get together before and go to lunch or even after the first one and then maybe dinner for the second one. O, the wonderful benefits of living in Utah!!!! Even though one of them is not the yucky cold, snowy weather we are having right now! It is freezing here.
    I love the way they call it Deseret Books. It is really just called Deseret Book. It is the LDS Church book store and they are all over the place. Probably in every city at least. But the one in SLC that he will be at is a brand new one across the street from the Salt Lake Temple and it is huge. Should be nice. Haven’t been to it yet since they finished it. Will have to go and see it before and ask where he will be so we know where to go that day. I need to remember to trade my work day from that day. I am sure after the signing I would be worthless going into work then!!
    Love this place I call home. You are all so special.

Shawna
    LMBO You are flying on a reconnaissance mission before the actual date? Love it! I would do the same thing. It saves time “the day of” when you are so excited you forget even the simplest things.

I spent 2 days with David fans last October.We all had VIP so it was a no brainer–just show up, right? OH noooosssss!!! Our Providence show was VIP but I had bought the tickets before I decided on VIP. So at about 1 pm “the day of” ( in the middle of lunch with the gang) I realized the tickets were at HOME! Lucky for me I was 20 min from home. I drove back and got them in time for the VIP. I was so embarrassed for such a silly error.

57. Suzy-Q said

Comment 22, 24 and 28 reflects exactly what I was thinking when I first heard David talk about how his decisions affect so many people. I especially thought about his employees and their families. What a weight on David’s shoulders to know that he has so many serious responsibilies when all he wanted to do is sing. David is very smart about his future. He knows that God has greatness ahead for him and he has to do his part to make it happen. How insightful! In his mind it’s not all about him.

58. bluesky said

#54 Bebereader

I am considering going to the one in SLC on June 7th. However, I do not see times? And… sometimes I can do all I wish to and sometimes I cannot. But I would love to see the names of some of those going in SLC. If they would like to share?

^_^

59. Shawna said

Bluesky,
    I am pretty sure the SLC time is at 12:00 noon, but not completely positive. Where do you live? We would love to have you join us!
    I think the Orem one the next day is at 2:00 in the afternoon. I have been trying to verify these and I will look again.

60. Shawna said

Just checked and found out the SLC time is indeed at 12:00 noon and the Orem one is at 6:00pm. Orem is only about a 45 minute drive from SLC so you might want to catch that with us too.

61. blisskasden said

Bebe, I plan to go to both Ridgewood and Columbus Circle. I’d love to meet up with any or all of you who are going to either one. There’s got to be a good place to meet for a bite to eat in Ridgewood, and a million places near 59th St in Manhattan on June 2.

Shawna: Thank you for getting the times for the Utah book signings. We’ll start an official list of attendees soon.

Bliss: Would love to meet up before or after the Ridgewood show! I’ll scout out the area and report on possible restaurants next week when I’ll be closeby.

The man tweets!

63. FG said

Abbra!!! what vid is that from in your post #56 where he is singing for his life into the mic? GAHHHHH

FG
    I didn’t take the pics. It was a composite I copied from a site. The show was Providence (Demi tour). maybe you can go thru djbell13’s files and recreate that moment. ;)

From that night:

I think this picture is from djxox a/k/a djbell13

Hello!

Thank you bluesky.

Thanks JR and Abrra for the pictures!

David’s first book!!!

Photobucket

67. Emi said

DJA

“I’m getting a tad envious with all the talk about book tour dates get togethers….dang I need dates in my neck of the woods!!!!”

Instead of thinking about all that I am missing, I am trying to think of all I am saving, because I know if David were coming to Nashville, I’d have to buy at least 5 books for him to sign so I could stay and talk to him longer!

Emi,

This time your way of thinking is not working for me….because I’m thinking I’m going to have to drive 9 hours and book a room in Utah in order to see David….lol

69. Shawna said

Dja, you would be more than welcome to stay at my house!! I have 3 extra beds at my house, two big ones on the lower level with their own bathroom! In fact any one who is interested in coming to Utah I could save you the cost of a hotel room anytime! Plenty of room, I promise!

70. FG said

OHMY abbra thanks.

The pic of his 1st book!!! squeeeee!!

#66
    Note below the title:
    “Includes Photos”

“perks up” Maybe some never before seen pics of David behind the scenes? Ohhh!!

Bluesky,

Did you think I was going to let you get away with this without an amen?

“I will never get tired of the mesmerizing artistry of Riu Riu. Ah, DA! I love the way you sculpt the melody; your love of the musicality, the rhythm, the vision, the depth, the height, the swaying breath of that song.

(Honestly, you give “slaying them in the aisles” a whole new meaning.)

(Just be a bit careful when you lift those lids. Will ya?)”

Amen.

Abrra I had to zoom in several times to verify that the book cover does indeed say, “includes photos.” Oh mama.

73. Suzy-Q said

I sent in a photo when they were asking for some. It probably won’t be in the book but this means that there will be photos.

74. Tina said

Bluesky,

Eyes closed most of the time during FOG…you’re right, it’s a mercy!
    When he’s not feeling merciful, this happens:

(LOL, I have no idea how to post a picture so that it shows up in my comment. Hoping that it works! But with my luck…)

75. Tina said

See, I was afraid of that! LOL, html hates me.

Here — try this:

That’s a screenshot from my FOG vid from SLC, btw. Can I think of anymore abbreviations to use? :P

Tina, uh..FTW? Here ya go. Just send a link in comments or through contacts and it’s as good as done. You can post vids but admins have to help with the pics. We don’t mind AT ALL. ;)

Photobucket

77. Tina said

Oh yay, Angelica FTW!! haha

Thanks for the help :D

OH WOW TINA!

I’m feeling faint!

Shawna….your are to nice…thank you so much!

79. Emi said

“Eyes are the windows to the soul” The Ancient Greeks

80. bluesky said

Tina: exactly. I *heart* you.

(thanks for the pic. ….. No, really! I had nothing else to do for the next 3 hours anyway!)
    *_*

81. bluesky said

Shauna, thank you! I just may take you up on that!
    Actually, I live up by Little Cottonwood Canyon.

(Just look for double the amount of snow and that’s about where I’ll be.)

82. pabuckie said

#76 — Good Gracious Angelica & Tina! LOL
    I’m begging you for “MERCY”!!

Oh Tina. This is why I am constantly favoriting your videos. So clear, perfect color – I’ve never seen a screencap half as lovely as this.
    Thank you.
    By the way – this is my favorite video of last year.

Last year when David toured in the UK, a word was used quite frequently by the fans there who saw him for the first time. It comes back to me watching that video again.
    Gutted.

Betsy: “Gutted” as in destroyed?
    Yep

86. Tina said

Aw, Betsy, thanks!! I just push the button though — David does the hard work. :)

And gutted says it all. That’s what this screenshot feels like to me:

From POTC. I think he was really feeling it. I know I was.

(Ha, I make too many screenshots! But that’s because I can’t take pics when I’m taking video…lol)

Tina: There can never be too many pics, videos or screen shots of David! Keep ‘em coming! I’m happy to post them.

88. blisskasden said

I wonder if there is any way to get a bookstore to tell us exactly how many books they will have available for purchase and signing by David. I wonder if that store in Ridgewood realizes that there will be a Woodstock-esque invasion by David’s fans to their sleepy little hamlet on June 1.

Bliss
    Are they ready for this in Ridgewood?

Abrra ;)

90. angelofdja said

Abrra#89, That was absolutely terrific! BWAHAHAHAHA, I’m dyin’ here….LMAO

91. blisskasden said

Abrra, where did you get my picture?

Bliss
    I caught you scoping out the bookstore, natch!

93. blisskasden said

Busted!!

To my good friend!

Happy Birthday, Betsy, my twin!!!

Photobucket Betsy!

97. FG said

Betsy!!!! Happppppy Birtthdaaaaaay! :)

Found this info at Soul David. Love reading the chapter titles !

desertrat Says:
    April 30, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Time to post the book chapters again.

Pure beginnings — Hit with inspiration — School of American idol — Bumps in the road — Hope rises — Be careful what you wish for — Stepping it up — Divine frequency — The joy in sound — Staying true — Dreaming on.

David Archuleta; Monica Haim

99. Emi said

*Happy Bithday Sigh* for Betsy!

Thanks so much my friends! Love the birthday wishes! I have the biggest smile on my face right now. :)

101. stenocruiser said

Happy Birthday Betsy! Wishing you the very best.

To Betsy!!!!!

103. silverfox said

Dear Betsy,

¡Feliz Cumpleaños, Señora hermosa! Happy Birthday, beautiful lady!

Hope you have a great day! :D

{{hugs}}
    Silverfox

104. angelofdja said

Betsy,
    Happy Birthday Glitter Graphics

P.S. Have a GREAT day today!

105. angelofdja said

Happy Birthday Glitter Graphics

106. Fiona said

Happy Birthday, Betsy!!! :)
    Love, Fi

107. refnaf said

BETSY Can’t have a birthday without this!!!!

HAPPY DAY

108. angelofdja said

Some humor for Betsy’s Birthday!
    Our David has such terrific FORM!

And really…WHY ain’t he in the movies?!

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAY’S to you Betsy! :-)

109. angelofdja said

OOPS…my lack-of-skills is showin’! LOL (just wanted the pics!)

#108 angelofdja

Admins can only post pics. Commenters can post a link to a picture.

Its how WordPress works. We are happy to “fix” any links we find.

We can’t see your Glitter Graphic because we don’t have your acct info. The actual Graphic itself has to be posted. If you email the graphic to us we can copy and post for you. Contact is TheVoiceDA@gmail.com

111. silverfox said

Angelica, I just finished reading your article above and I want to thank you especially for…

Truer words were never spoken. :D

I was thrilled to read that David is collaborating w/Mike K. again! I’m betting they come up with another ZG or SOT! Seems they work very well together and Mike “knows” David…I think very well.

Today is Derby Day in my city. It’s a very gloomy, rainy, breezy but warm day. A scary combination for possible tornadoes. :(

Have a great day..now off to catch up on everything David!!

112. pabuckie said

Silverfox!
    Glad you mentioned the Kentucky Derby — twitter is a buzzin with it…why? because there are 3 horses with David-related names:

Line of David
    Awesome Act and
    Make Music for Me

Go David!! I’ll be watching it on TV – it airs on Channel 4 NBC
    from 4-7 pm EST!!

Even if there is no new David news — we create our own! haha

113. pabuckie said

OMG! David just tweeted he is making a video blog! YEAH!

114. silverfox said

David’s VLOG!!!

Now me day, week, month..is complete! ****sigh****

AARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayaya!!!!!!!

djafan: I noticed that we speak the same language! LOL

118. Emi said

….I don’t speak it but I understand it perfectly!

119. bluesky said

Oh, DA. Is it hard playing the parent to all of us Christmas hungary kids? Funnily enough, I enjoyed Christmas much more as a parent than as a child. So… Good. For. You!

I love that you love what you are doing. I do not think I can even begin to imagine the satisfaction, growth, experience, accomplishment and anticipation of joy you must be experiencing.

Knowing what you know (about the songs,etc), must only make the moments until completion that much richer. All things considered, the price of this CD will probably be dwarfed a thousand times over by it’s worth.

All I can say is: Thank you.

121. blisskasden said

Happy Birthday, Betsy.

That video of David singing “Happy Birthday” to Cindy should be available to download with the name blanked out, so it could be sent to anyone. It’s a completely different song when David sings it because the words filter through his soul, and the finished product sounds and feels so pure and beautiful.

With David, it’s never about the song itself. It’s always about him, which is why all his songs “sound” so terrific and satisfying.

122. silverfox said

Does anyone else worry (just a tad) about David riding the Metro when he’s by HIMSELF? I know he’s a grown 5′ 7″, 19 year old. But still..he’s not exactly a street-wise 19 YO. And what if he’s recognized? Actually, I don’t think David would mind that so much. I guess we may as well get used to it, since he will be riding the Metro when he has no other mode of transportation available as the expensive fare for a cab is out of the question now that David knows the difference in the cost. And do I blame him? No way. But still…if he’s going it alone, maybe we shouldn’t know about it. On the other hand, The Metro is probably perfectly safe. I know..I’m such a twit!

Djafan, I really like the screen caps! And aren’t David’s pearly, snow white teeth the most beautiful teeth you’ve ever seen? Money very well spent at the Ortho, even though IMO, his teeth were fine before all the dental work! :lol:

The Ky Derby race is about ready to start soon. I’m afraid “Line of David” is a 50 to 1 shot. The horse did not fare well in practice in the muddy track this morning. But there have been many long shots who have gone on to win in the last several years, so ya never know. I don’t bet on the horses though and I know this is blasphemy here in KY, but I don’t like seeing these beautiful, stately, graceful creatures racing and putting their lives on the line for the humans enjoyment. I don’t like seeing any animal put in harms way even if they were bred for that reason. But that’s just me…

New Post ———————>>>>>>>>>>>

124. archiesfan4life said

I am arriving late today, but want to add my wishes for a very Happy Birthday Betsy! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Hugs!

125. Nanaweize said

Bluesky said…

Nanaweize here…I am going to the SLC book signing and will also try and go to the Orem one.

Shawna…we probably live very close..I am in Midvale! What’s with this weather! I hope the snow is gone by June 7th!