Bebewriter’s Songwriter Series – Hillary Lindsey

Posted by bebereader on Thursday, March 18, 2010

Had an interview this morning and now time for another writing session with Jamie Kenney, Hillary Lindsey, and @JoyWilliams 11:10 AM Mar 12th via txt

A Grammy-award winning country music songwriter, Hillary Lindsey has written songs for Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Lee Ann Womack, Sara Evans, Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, Michelle Branch, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift and Tim McGraw.

Carrie Underwood‘s hit song, “Jesus Take The Wheel”, a song that Hillary Lindsey co-wrote with Brett James and Gordie Sampson, won a Grammy Award for Best Country Song in 2006.  The song resonated so well with fans that it helped bring Underwood’s debut album to double Platinum.  For six weeks, the song was #1 on the charts and in 2006 was named Song of the Year by the Country Music Association and by the Nashville Songwriters Association International.

“Hillary Lindsey has participated in the Durango Songwriters Expo several times and is always a crowd favorite. Aside from being one of the hottest writers in Nashville, by all accounts Hillary is also one of the finest singers in the business.”

From Durango Songwriters Expo

Hillary Lindsey grew up in the small town of Washington, GA and began writing songs at 10 years old.  She moved to Nashville to enroll in Belmont University’s Music Business school in 1994.  After forming relationships within the music community, she was quickly signed to Famous Music Publishing.  In her first year as a staff writer she had eight cuts.

Hillary Lindsey is known in the songwriting community as one of the few writers in Nashville who can write any genre of music including pop.  She’s also known for using strong melodies that artists are drawn to and deep, emotional lyrics.  Although Lindsey has written elsewhere, she prefers Nashville.  “Nothing against L.A. or New York, but Nashville is really the place to be as a writer,” she said.  “Everybody had total open arms to me when I got here.  It’s a good town for that, full of creativity and talent.  It’s like college for songwriters here.”

Partial list of singles co-written by Hillary Lindsey:

Carrie Underwood  “Jesus Take The Wheel”
Sara Evans  “Backseat of a Greyhound Bus,”  “As If,”  “Some Things Never Change”
Martina McBride  “This One’s For The Girls”
Taylor Swift  “Fearless”
Michelle Branch  “Sooner or Later,”  “Long Goodbye,”  “Summertime”
Lady Antebellum  “American Honey”
Faith Hill  “Shadows”
Lee Ann Womack  “Painless”

David Archuleta  “????????????”   tee hee  :lol:  we’ll just have to wait and see!

104 Responses to “Bebewriter’s Songwriter Series – Hillary Lindsey”

1. Fiona said

Thanks for the interesting article, bebe! Can’t wait to hear what she wrote with David!
    Loved your slideshow, abrra!

Beebster

I enjoyed your article mucho mucho! I am going to go listen to each of the songs you listed when I get back later.

I heard that out in Tennessee, Hillary is running for OFFICE

Abrra ;)

Thanks Fi! My first effort. I took all the silly pics I made and spun them around.

From previous page

Girls? Careful of the Sky Marshals.

Don’t mess with the Archulator!

Abrra ;)

Bebe…I had just posted this last night on SnowAngelz and I thought that I would bring it over. A fellow who once lived a few miles away from me co-wrote “Jesus Take the Wheel” influenced by a real life car crash.

Although mention has been made of Hillary Lindsay co-writing the song “Jesus Take the Wheel” (sung by Carrie Underwood), little mention has been made of Canadian writer Gordie Sampson.

The following article mentions Gordie Sampson as bringing to the studio the inspiration for the writing of the song…

“It’s been a year of surprises for Canadian songwriter Gordie Sampson, whose massive country hit “Jesus Take the Wheel” has opened the door to a string of superstar collaborations and a shot at one of music’s most sought-after prizes.

After conquering the charts with the monster single – partly inspired by a Cape Breton road crash – the affable Nova Scotian says his upcoming trip to the Grammys is a surreal turn in his exploding career.

Although he’d found modest success writing album tracks for various artists, the song was his first to be released to U.S. radio.

“The first single I had was `Jesus Take the Wheel’ and it was just such a bang to happen as the first single,” Sampson says by phone from his home just outside Sydney, N.S.

“It’s kind of like the hockey player, the new guy on the team, that gets the right pass and scores the goal and everybody in the crowd stands up and goes, `Hey, who’s that?’”

The soaring inspirational tune, co-written with U.S. songwriters Hillary Lindsey and Brett James and sung by American Idol winner Carrie Underwood, topped the Billboard charts for six weeks and turned Sampson into one of Nashville’s hottest newcomers.” The journalists name is unknown to me at this time of writing.

Gordie has a few great web sites and here is just one. http://ww.afm.org/im/gordie-sampson

For #5…I can’t find the proper web address that I had last evening and the one I did mention is not very good. Here is another to replace it though..

The fan world of David Archuleta is probably going to soon declare a state of international ‘drought’ emergency if we do not have concert news soon or news of some sort (and hopefully the news will be good news)…but…you are quite possibly warding off the catastrophe with your artwork.

Thanks, I really enjoyed it…

Bebewriter,

Love this girl and she sounds better than Carrie IMO. Can’t wait to hear what she comes up with in collaboration with David.

SB,

“The fan world of David Archuleta is probably going to soon declare a state of international ‘drought’ emergency if we do not have concert news soon or news of some sort (and hopefully the news will be good news)”

You got that right. I am wasting away to a shell of my former self. Dyyyyiiiinng of thirst!! I need a massive dose of DA NOW!

Here’s something that may ward off DT’s for a while. One of my very favorite David pics evvveeerrrr.

Photobucket

It’s always fun to learn about the writers that David is working with. Thank you Bebereader for educating us. She sounds like an artist that David would be comfortable with. I can’t wait to learn about the others.

I too, think she sounds better that Carrie.

It would be interesting to know more of last night’s escape from the volleyball & cheerleader squads.

What’s better than one David pic?

Abrra ( I can’t be helped, addicted to playing with pictures)

#8…Angelica, that’s a thirst quencher like a good cold drink of choice served in a icy, frosted glass on a hot day…Other than that I am speechless…

SVB. SD, SB!…whooah, I could hardly get my name straight after that one.

No, no, I dislike misspellings…in ‘an icy frosted glass’! It is hot today isn’t it?

Geez, I am still stumbling…must be the shakes.

Abrra…#7 comment was FOR YOU!

Good Morning!

Bebe…Jesus Take the Wheel was a favorite of mine by Carrie Underwood, but Hilary here sounds better than Carrie, I was surprised. That list of songs she’s written are some very successful songs. That really gets me thinking on what songs she wrote with David, this makes the wait even more intense…can’t wait.

SB…thanks for the information on Gordie Sampson, it’s a very interesting story. We sure learn lots being a David fan…lol

Angelica…that is one beautiful picture!

Tawna… I’ve been scouring twitter for any cheerleading news. If they caught him, took pictures, where are they? Or did he say “You’re not going to put that on twitter? Are you? And we all know how obedient we are when David gives us orders…lol

de·luxe, adjective-
    1. sumptuousness, or fineness; high or highest in quality, luxury, etc.: a deluxe edition of Shakespeare bound in leather.
    –adverb
    2.in a luxurious or sumptuous manner: We always travel deluxe.

See an image of deluxe…#8

SB (I promise I will not spam anymore today, put the wand away Abrra!)

A fan of biographies, the songwriter series is my medicine during the drought. When researching the songwriters, I found it interesting to learn that even if several writers are responsible for writing one song, each songwriter takes credit for writing the song, as in “Yes, I wrote that song”. This is not to discredit the other writers, it’s just the way they do things in the world of songwriting. For example, David co-wrote “A Little Not Over You” but it wouldn’t be wrong if he said that he wrote the song, without mentioning any of the other writers.

Abster#2 Your pics are getting funnier by the minute! Sheriff Hillary FTW! Fun-nee! Your slide show is wonderful, too!
    #11 David x 5 = Trouble with a capital T. LOL

SB #5 Thanks for the info on Gordie Sampson. I didn’t forget him; he’s on my list. ;) #12 Yes, it’s hot today, thanks to Angelica’s picture! LOL (Note to SB: You can spam on my article as much as you want. I’m holding Abrra captive! haha)

Angelica: I agree; I’m enjoying Hillary Lindsey’s voice more than Carrie’s. To quote another songwriter, “Anticipation is keeping me waiting” for what Hillary has cooked up for David.

dja#14 “Bebe…Jesus Take the Wheel was a favorite of mine by Carrie Underwood, but Hilary here sounds better than Carrie, I was surprised.”

I was surprised too, until I learned that Hillary Lindsey is not only a songwriter but a singer, as well.

Thanks SB and Bebemeister, it’s about all I can think about , lol.
    Hillary is a great, great, singer. Were have I heard that before?
    dja
    What the HECK is up with the way they are messing with Youtube URLs???? I can’t post my fav Hillary song video. I tried 3 different ways to edit the url and none worked. What is the latest formula for posting?

Abrra (wand is locked up, spam away all)

Haha! And I took mercy on you guys by making it smaller. I see from your comments and Abrra’s gif you may be ready for the full-size pic. I have over time actually given it a title. I call it…”Gorgeous Monster.”

Photobucket

Loving me some Gorgeous Monster!!!!!!!

Abrra.. You have to remove the embedded, channel, parts of the youtube url. Email it to me or post it here for me to see.

Dang that’s some monster…lol

I listened to several of Hillary’s songs. This one is my favorite. She is a true storyteller and a great,great, singer.

#19 dja

“Dang that’s some monster…lol”

I bet his ortho says the same thing ;)

From Snarkies

Big enough??

David looks different in every picture! A chameleon, yes, that’s what he is!

Abrra, good choice! Love that song “American Honey” by Lady Antebellum. Seems that Hillary Lindsey is very talented!
    How about this one, written by Ms. Lindsey for Ms. Martina McBride, “This One’s For The Girls”. I love anthem songs, sung live, in large arenas.

I challenge anyone to find a picture more gorgeous than picture with comment #18…It just can’t be so.

25. emmegirl said

whoah, the Gorgeous Monster packs quite a whollop!! (aptly named Angelica!)

bebe-great info! She is really talented! It is such a blessing that he is getting such quality experiences writing with some of the best in the biz!

Bringing from FOD:

@OmarAfuni: David Archuleta has the best fans. They found a tweet of mine complimenting him & after some googling, I realized how much work they’re…

doing to support him. It’s amazing how love moves people to do things like that. I hope I have fans like his one day! He deserves you guys!

@OmarAfuni

Thanks @DavidArchie fans for all the kind replies & retweets! I was only speaking the truth. Keep going strong for him! He’s gonna be HUUGE!

I am loving your songwriting series bebe! I enjoy biographies as well. And it makes me happy he is writing with Hillary. Good find with the video. I was surprised by her voice. It’s beautiful!

I still have to get you a copy of my favorite biography, “Will you miss me when I’m gone” – (from “Are you lonesome tonight”, not written by Elvis,:))

Hey it did trend!!!!

SandyBeaches….NO ONE!!!!!!

Eman is sure having a good time today…lol

@EmanuelKiriakou Just finished @davidarchie’s vocal for a new song. It’s one of my all time favorite songs I’ve ever written..David sounds incredible on it.

@EmanuelKiriakou It’s called _-_-_n_ _-_-s…..by me @claudekelly and @jesscatesmusic..figure it out suckas!! Winner get’s a prize!!!

Back to talking about Comment #18…

This is one of those moments captured in time and on film when David is ’25′ and not a day younger!

It seems that the writers are themselves inspired by such a wonderful voice so much so that they are writing some of their best music…Well, that is understandable…

New Vlog!! He always knows when we need him. ;)

32. emmegirl said

SB#30 – was thinking the same thing!

And he really seems excited about this album… if he likes it, we will looove it! Wonder if it is all coming together a little faster than they anticipated? Okay by me!

*he rocks the beanie*

33. emilyluvsarchie said

Hey guys , I wondered, does anyone here have an mp3 of “You’re The Voice”, studio version? I want to use it for a project I’m doing for school, the message fits perfectly. ( I do try to include David anytime I can! ) :) emily

34. bluesky said

You guys are my life-line.

Super busy with life right now, but I love you guys.
    You’re the best!

DA? Let’s see…
    Killer songs one minute, mechanical toys the next.
    Are you trying to get us all arrested?

(That makes me think of ‘arrested development’. Yeah.
    ‘Cept DA takes the part of me that got ‘arrested’ while growing up
    and makes it storm the gates of my ‘development’.)

(What to do, what to do… )

35. silverfox said

Never fails…just when I’m feeling blue or having a bad day, which seems more often than not lately, David tweets something or gives us a blog or better yet a VLOG, and I find myself smiling and the rest of the day becomes a little brighter. He is really somthing else. Will he EVER know what a difference he makes in the lives of his fans like me? One thing, though. How will we ever know what his hair looks like if he’s gonna wear a beanie all the time?

Muchas Gracias, David, y buenas noches, Querido. (he won’t see this, and that’s ok).

David, have a good & restful night’s sleep with sweet & happy dreams. Thank you for all you do and for who you are. Keep with you all our love, support & prayers always. Contigo siempre! We will be with you always! TAKE CARE!

36. bluesky said

Hrrmmm.

Guess that could be taken two ways.

Sorry.

I meant ‘arrested’ as in: obstructed, checked, hindered in motion, restrained.

^_^ (course you did!)

Utter joy, spontaneity, ease, openness, work is fun, cheesy is the new cool.

If I were Mary Poppins DA, you would be my spoonful of sugar.

SandyBeaches….

I agree, probably their best work to date.

Angelica….

How does he know???

Emmegirl….

I love how he looks in the beanie…but to tell the truth I’m so curious to see that black luscious hair.

Bluesky#36:

“If I were Mary Poppins DA, you would be my spoonful of sugar.”

WOW! You are right on the money, girl!
    I couldn’t have said it better if I tried!

Bluesky,

“(That makes me think of ‘arrested development’. Yeah.
    ‘Cept DA takes the part of me that got ‘arrested’ while growing up
    and makes it storm the gates of my ‘development’.)

(What to do, what to do… )”

Oh yes. I understood you perfectly. 8) And he is the spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine of my life go down.
    In the most delightful way.

I think he is wearing the beanie during the awkward stage of letting his hair grow out?

#33 Emily
    Check your email ;)

Been napping most of the night. Love the vblog,but the hat thing has to go. I need to see that hair which is purest black color God ever created.

41. quiteblanc said

Hi Emily,

You can download “You’re The Voice” from http://www.mediafire.com/?m0guziyqwmk
    Hope it works. Have fun with your project!

Guess what I found? Videos of “The Gorgeous Monster” taken on that very day on the Idol Tour stop in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Off topic
    You need to know 2 facts:
    I no longer own a cat. My Baby ( 20 lbs) passed away February, 2008.

My mother is deceased. Had she lived it would have been her 100th birthday.

Last night I napped all evening then got up for a bit around 1am. Realizing what day it was, March 19th, I wished my mother Happy Birthday in Heaven. Then back to bed to listen to the radio in the dark. About 3 am I heard/felt the vibration of purring next to my head where Baby used to sleep at night. I reached over and felt a “thinner” Baby curled up sleeping. I wanted to make sure I was AWAKE so I said his name out loud. Tried to pick him up to take him into the light of the bathroom and see if it was him or some stray that had sneaked in the back door.

Picking him up was futile. He was gone. Called his name again “Baby!” and I felt him next to me. Reached for him only to have him evaporate. This happened a few times, until I realized what was going on.

Picture credit: rachelsstudio.com

I thanked my Mother for the gift she had sent me and asked her to please let him stay with her. I called his name one more time to see if my suspicions we correct. No purring, no cat next to me.

No one will ever convince me that I was asleep during all this or that my Mother didn’t have a hand in it.

Happy Birthday again Mom. Hopefully my writers block has evaporated too.

44. emilyluvsarchie said

Abrra and Quiteblanc, Thanks so much for the links, David is now singing on my web page for health class!
    And Abrra {{hugs}} today. emily

#44 Emily
    Can we get a link to your web page? Pleeeeeeze?

Angelica # 31 “New Vlog!! He always knows when we need him.” I think that he must read the desperation in the tweets and just maybe he reads some comments, because he would find desperation there as well….yes David does sing the song “Desperate”. I like this video…

(Abrra would you embed this please,ty.)

Abrra #43 You had quite a night. I thought that I was having quite a night coming down with a cold, poor me eh? But then to feel better I came on board here and I have read your comment three times. I would never try to convince anyone that they did not experience something like you did last night. What a beautiful picture of Baby and it was quite an encounter and a lovely gift for you.

Cheers to the memory of your mother and her 100th birthday. There is never a day that ones mother is forgotten…

47. djafans said

Good Morning!

Bluesky…love your comments! David is a spoonful a sugar for sure!

Hi SF! Glad to see you! The analytical side of me wants to figure out how he does that, appear and make us smile when we least expect. I hope he never stops.

(((((((((((Abrra)))))))))))

SB I hadn’t seen that video…I love it! I had given up on David singing this song live, had been a favorite since the beginning…”You want somebody just anybody to lay their hands on your soul tonight”

Abrra, {{{hugs}}} I’ve been taught that angels that ‘attend’ us here on earth are most often those that have ‘known’ us while mortals on earth. I love that your mom brought your Baby to be with you for awhile. What a pleasant gift.

TW

btw–glad that I can share a b-day month with your mother

Tawna
    {{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}

Just because…
    Photobucket

Brought this over from Archuleta Avenue…So very sad.

PLEASE REMEMBER JULIE (JRB5776)
    As some of you know from my tweets yesterday, one of David’s fans has passed away. Her name was Julie and she went by the user name JRB5776.

I have spoken to Julie’s mom and apparently Julie collapsed at work. She had a staph infection in her leg that caused a clot to go to her heart. She was found about 10 minutes after she collapsed, but by the time the paramedics got to her and got her heart going again, she had already been unconscious for 15-20 minutes. Julie was on life support for a week.

Although I never met Julie personally, she was a part of our “family” and I’m just so very saddened by this news. My heart breaks for her family and for those of you who were in contact with her via Twitter, MJ’s, and any other fan site that she frequented.

Please keep Julie’s family in your thoughts and prayers and remember to let those you care about know that you love them. As David once said:

“Remember, just because you have something doesn’t mean it will always be there. Be grateful for what you have in life.”

52. Emi said

Bebe! Thanks for the informative and interesting article. I will be looking for Hillary Lindsey in venues in Nashville from now on. She sings and writes beautifully… I hope I can see/hear her sometime.

Aabbrra – ((( you))) My mom;s birthday was March 16 – so I’ve been walking down that missing-my-mom- path this week as well…

Brett James ( the third song writer for Jesus Take the Wheel) visited my neighbor ( a songwriter) and parked his new, black Porche next to my car. I was outside, drooling over it, only to be mortified that Brett came out and caught me, and then I began drooling over Brett.. a pretty car for a handsome man! He was so kind, so friendly, that when he left i actually rang my neighbor’s door bell to find out more about him! ( nice married man with a wife and lots of kids, the Porche is his treat for JTTW) Still blushing about that but oh my!

Abs #49- thanks, and boy have you got that flame right!!!

#50
    My captures are not that sharp. You did a great job!

Emi
    I do miss my Mom a bit more today. For the past 31 years I have looked for some kind of “sign” that she was watching over me. She knew exactly how to comfort me. I am thrilled to have my “sign”.

dja–thank you for reminding us what David said, and for letting us know about ‘one of us’. Life is so unsure from moment to moment.

I liked this one:

Full effect HAND!

What a beautiful reminder you were given last night that your mom is still a very loving presence and not as far as you had thought. Sometimes the veil becomes very thin. I know that someday you will hold her and Baby in your arms again.

Tawna,

“About those screen caps!!! I spent several minutes last night replaying ‘the arm’. I was gonna go back and screen cap it, but now I don’t have to. Thanks! p90x apparentaly works! *sigh*”

I was doing the same thing last night! I thought of doing a MGR of the arm, reaching. So p90x defined!

So sorry to hear of the passing of Julie from Archuleta Avenue. My prayers will be with her family and all those who knew and loved her.

How cool that David mentioned Hillary Lindsey in his vlog!

{{{{Abrra#43}}}}} Nobody can ever replace our Mothers.
    Is that an actual picture of your cat, “Baby”? If so, he was sooo beautiful and similar in good looks to my two current kitties, Peaches and Trixie.

SB#46 It’s uncanny, isn’t it? David always seems to appear at the right time. As if he is reading our comments and knows when to jump in. As if! You think?

Happy Birthday, Tawna!

dja#50 Love your screencaps. So clear! Can you please separate them so we could save them individually?

Emi#52 Great story about Brett James! You just might run into David one day, too! He seems to love Nashville and said he can’t wait to return.

Abrra…practice, practice, practice and some luck. Great subject doesn’t hurt either…lol

Tawna…I call it “The Arm” I also see the evidence of PX09? PX90?, not sure but it works… see Exhibit A below.

Photobucket

Tawna…So sad…Need to give credit to Archuleta Avenue for David’s words…not that they don’t live in our heads.

Bebe
    No its an image that looks similar to him.
    Yours are precious!

dja#51 Sad and shocking news about one of David’s fans. My heart goes out to her family and friends. :(

62. emilyluvsarchie said

Abrra, re # 45, I would be glad to post a link to the web page when I’m finished with it. It is currently a “work in progress” haha. emily

‘Cheers’ to all of us who are missing our moms…mine was taken from us when I was 21…I say ‘cheers’ because I am turning away from being sad…;)…Anyone who has a mom, dang you are very fortunate. I once read the book “Motherless Daughters,” but I think that the answers and good thoughts can be found here in this group of friends.

So sorry to hear about the sudden passing of JULIE (JRB5776)…Hopefully our thoughts & prayers will send strength to her family at this time.

64. emmegirl said

((Abarra))

You guys can make me cry and then laugh within a span of about 3 seconds – and then cry again and then laugh again!

dja – love the montage… everything from “the look” to “the arm.”

bluesky – did you watch the tv series “Arrested Development.” I really liked that show, it was different.

And deepest condolences to Julie’s family.

#57
    Angelica
    I thought for sure when you saw him swipe his forehead, you would SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! (I did)

The ARM is spectacular!

66. bluesky said

Dear Abbra:

The first time I saw DA in concert (SLC-AI), was just a few days before my Mother passed. I went alone to the concert. My sisters and family (we had a 3 generation home) all took turns to cover for me – taking care of her so that I would have the time to go.

I remember the glow of the lights on the shiny black of the parking lot as I walked alone to my car to go home.

DA will always be associated in my mind with that experience. Bitter sweet.

All my support to Julie and her family. And to you, Abbra. To us all: joy.

#66
    Bluesky

I saw the same smiles in Providence at the AI show. He is truly a shining light. I am glad you made the choice to go. Your Mom would have it no other way, I am willing to bet.

Please know that getting my sign, finally after so many years, was THE BEST! No sadness, all JOY.

68. bluesky said

(((((((Abbra ^_^))))))))

Abrra ( I can’t stop)

70. bluesky said

Must be the Tabasco Sauce.

Interesting tweet from @rhizap…

@davidarchie had a long fun conversation with your dad. i miss you guys! excited abt working w/ u again! YAY!!

Music Management International head Rhiza Pascua

Rhiza is the international agent and head of the L.A.-based Music Management, Inc. which is behind the concerts
    of international artists here, including those of Beyoncé, American Idol’s David Cook (and runner-up David Archuleta) and the recent Musicfest 2010 featuring Kris Allen, Jabbawockeez and Boyce Avenue.

72. pabuckie said

I’m sorry I haven’t caught up at all on this thread but when I saw that pic of David’s arm — I cracked up because the MINUTE I saw his VLOG I had to rewind that part a gazillion times because I loved seeing his bones and veins (thought I was sick for thinking this!!) and now I see a BIG SCREENCAP OF IT so I guess I wasn’t the only one! haha

Hey Pabuckie,

No not the only one…lol

Glad to see you!

Confession. I had to rewind Toro the Bull’s charge a bunch of times too. That tickled me. And David’s laugh. I bet he’s seen that bull charge 50 times and it still cracks him up. Oh, and the way he says Ta BOS co sauce. :lol:

#71

dja

Kris Allen tweeted this today:

Just a played in a mattress store.
    about 4 hours ago via Echofon

UHHHHH? What are they planning for David?

Abrra…lol

I have a feeling that the popularity and desire to see David is much, much more than Kris, it was even than Cook. So I doubt he’ll be doing mattress stores. They are crazy about David over there.

Don’t you think?

Bluesky#66

“I remember all the smiling faces as I sat with strangers, many of them there to see other artists. They were smiling at DA. They couldn’t help it. He won all the hearts, all ages, all reasons, all joys. E.v.e.r.y.o.n.e was cheering and smiling.”

Abrra#67

“I saw the same smiles in Providence at the AI show. He is truly a shining light.”

Thanks, Bluesky and Abrra!
    Anyone who knows me well, knows that I never get tired of hearing about the audience reaction to David during the idol tour shows. And as many times as I read these kind of comments, it will never replace actually being there in the audience. All of you who attended the idol shows, you are so privileged to have seen David at the cusp of his career.

*waves* to Pabuckie (Thank you for your help last night!)

Abrra#75, dja#76 Regarding the tweet from Kris Allen…is he still in The Philippines?

dja
    Maybe it was KING sized mattress store? I know David is very popular overseas. It just made me laugh a lot when I saw that tweet. Then you say the same management is talking to his dad.
    I suppose they are beginning the plans for his book/Cd touring schedule.

Bebe

I think Kris is there now. I have not heard of a concert in a furniture store in the US.

Eman posted this on Twitter. Whoever drew it has David pegged right down to the water bottle.

Abs: Fun-nee cartoon pic! I just saw it on twitter, too!
    David was wearing an orange tshirt yesterday in the vlog and look at those glowy eyes! Wait a sec, is cartoon David wearing a beanie too? LMAO!

Found some old pics and had to share! Enjoy!

81. David’s Crush is the demo for the Sony Altius (wireless audio systems) @ Best Buy. Just press the middle button (blue, I think). Was just checking out this system at the store & Crush came on. Of course, I replayed it a half a dozen times before the salesman interrupted me.

82. My husband & I will be leaving on a roadtrip headed east in a week. On our way back home (in a month), we will be traveling south from western Maryland through Knoxville, Nashville & Memphis (his idea – I jumped at it). Any suggestions as to what/where to stop to take in the sights/tastes of the area? It’ll be a first, so not sure what to expect.

bebe #80…Thanks for the pics. I have not seen them before. I will choose pic. #3 because it brought on the biggest smile as I am on my way outside to join the family (to work, but it is 70 Degrees F!)…

Fandaf…do you have a nickname that I am missing? It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip and sorry that I don’t know the places that you will be visiting. Drop in occassionally because a month is a long time here and so much can happen. ;)

Good Morning!
    I was trolling-eh looking at IDF picture thread and came across this video. A rare 2 arm hug for Leslie Roy. I will add it to Unplugged site.

Yes, going back to a concert in Manila will be wonderful (if it does happen), but before David goes there I sincerely am hoping for someone to arrange a couple of concerts here in North America…or just right after…I am putting the thought out there in cyberspace. Maybe all of us need to sign something huge to express our thoughts…that’s the fan in me talking.

Wow Abrra…”A two arm hug”…hope she knows that she is mighty special!

87. djafans said

Bebe great pictures…I hadn’t seen those either.

(((Bluesky)))….I can’t think but that that is what it is a little bit like “over there”. Some one new shows up: a great deal of smiling, cheering and love.

What a beautiful scene…I think your right.

Fanda sounds like a wonderful trip…not familiar with any of those places, the farthest east I’ve been is New Mexico. You taking a laptop?

AOL announced it’s top 10 Idol songs and guess what song came in at #1? That crush ain’t going away!

88. xaris said

Hi Fanda! I am sure someone who posts here regularly lives near Nashville, so they can probably help you out better than I. Nashville has all kinds of music going on every night in small, club-like venues. We have always had a good time there. Smoky Mountain National Park in eastern TN is gorgeous. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are the tourist areas there, but there are lovely condos and cabins you can rent if you want to be in the woods. Both towns have lots of comedy shows, nightly music shows, etc., as well as The Chop House (best steak in the area). In Memphis, the Peabody Hotel is a great 5 star hotel on Beale Street, and I think they have a terrific music festival there in the spring. Graceland is fun if you are into that sort of thing!

If you are passing through Virginia, I can give you LOTS of ideas for stops there as I live there. Let me know and I will post an email for me you can use.

89. emmegirl said

Potpourri for $200:

I have always like John Travolta, thought he seemed to be a gentle, down-to-earth, really nice guy. Watched a show the other night on the making of Saturday Night Fever. He was 23 yrs old and it was his breakout performance. Those involved in the making of the movie talked about how impressed they were with his work ethic, commitment and dedication to his craft, and the degree of professionalism he showed at such a young age. They told what a generous actor he was to work with – always considerate of others in the scene and making sure they felt good about it.

They all also talked about what a kind and sweet person he was.

Remind you of anyone?

Emmegirl made me do it!

Reminder: The Making of the Somos El Mundo video is on tomorrow, Sunday, on the Univision channel at 2:00PM Eastern time.

Fanda#82 Emi sent me some info to forward on to you, regarding Nashville. Please check your email today.

SB#83 I loved the third pic, too! David lights up our lives with his beautiful smile!

dja#87 WTG Crush#1! And it ain’t going away-ay-ay-ay!

92. emmegirl said

Abrra :)

93. djafans said

Hi all…

Baseball games…soccer games…basketball games… 8 grandkids make for a busy weekend!

SB…It will be up by today :) :) :) :)

BBL

94. djafans said

Oh Abs,

Check out the Unplugged wall paper..:)

Coolness!

96. FG said

Hello there! I hope you are all doing well today. I have my own little bottle of TABOSSSCO sauce and I am ready to partay LOL!

A little reminder!

THIS Sunday March 21, 2010 the Making of Somos El Mundo to air on Univision

Photobucket

WHAT: The Making of “Somos el Mundo”
    Date: Sunday March 21, 2010
    Time: 2 pm Eastern and Pacific Time
    Channel: Univision (KMex 34 in LA)

98. FG said

anyone wanna join me in chat?

FG: Had a fun time with you in chat tonight!

100. Dakgal said

Tried to go to chat and all I’m getting is Facebook stuff ????

Hey FG…in chat.

Dak…click on the livestream tab above the chat area.

#100
    Dakgal

I changed the settings on the chat page so that ONLY Livestream tab shows. No more confusion :)

Twitter users alert!
    I got a DM with a virus infected site link. It was from LauraHeartx3. I alerted her that she may have been hacked. My PC is fine, I use add ons in Firefox that caught the bad site.

Don’t click on links in Dm’s if they seem to “bait” you. Mine said ” You were mentioned in this blog” then the link was next.